• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Geno being from a more obscure game and not being relevant is... not relevant. Sakurai wants him playable. He will be playable unless Square-Enix says no. That's all there is to it.

K. Rool was in a very different situation. He himself was no longer relevant. It doesn't matter if his series is at all, because the character wasn't. The ballot itself gave him the boost needed to make him a priority option.

The only similarity is both are huge ballot picks. Which is why Geno is extremely likely to get in(with only one realistic reason he might not, and seeing as how there's no real competition with Cloud out of the way, it's just on SE saying yes. Other things like small details on design, etc. and proper representation feels like it's not going to be an issue alone. Not with the Mii Gunner costume giving him an updated 3D design. Though that's just a guess. It could certainly be a factor).

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
K rool still has a lot more relevency than geno ever did. The fact is that k rool like I said, had about 10 major appearences and last had main role on the ds games and jungle beat i think, Geno was in 1 game back in 1992! I think what this all boiles down to is really square cares about geno or not!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
No, no he doesn't. It didn't matter nor affect his chances in Smash. It was purely the ballot. This is the reason he got a Mii costume too. Sakurai said the only reason K. Rool got in was the ballot too, noting this is how he knew of K. Rool's popularity. Yes, he didn't take fan polls into account. He also said he wanted Geno in since Brawl, which was without mentioning why. The only poll was during Melee, where he has less than 20 votes. Fan demand only affected the costumes too. Sakurai actively wants Geno in Smash, before K. Rool as is. Geno always was more likely in reality due to this. With solely SE being the only reason it there could be less of a chance.

The character was pretty much irrelevant for years. It does not matter if the series is relevant. It has no effect on the character. All the Kremlings as well as K. Rool were left in the wayside. Smash was the last relevant appearance they ever had to begin with, and a significantly longer time among the actual DKC games. He was objectively irrelevant as a character(which didn't matter anyway, because the ballot got him in, not relevancy, which has only worked for certain characters like Corrin, Roy, and actually all the FE cast but Marth who was the big name of the series).

Geno's last appearance was literally a cameo in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, a long time ago as well. They both had major ballot presence, which got them in as Mii Costumes. This is pretty much the thing that was always going for them. Literally the characters were both completely irrelevant at that point, lesser known than many big guns, and had major ballot presence(as Sakurai has confirmed). The sole difference between them was not relevancy(which they both were completely irrelevant) but one is 3rd party and the other is not. That's seriously it.

Please stop looking for something that isn't there.

KoopaDerp848

Smash Rookie
I feel like if The Rabbids get in people will hate it at first until they see the gameplay and they'll get used to them being in Smash kind of like what happened in Mario Rabbids Kingdon Battle

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It ever occur the final in the new DKC games might have King K. Rool and the Kritters. Considering K. Rool's appearance in Smash could be a foreshadowing and Nintendo just had been building up to them as the masterminds behind the Tikis and Walrus' in other words hadn't forgotten about him.

Not to say being frequently requested also helped but just food for thought.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'd honestly prefer the Rabbids over Rayman.

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
I feel like if The Rabbids get in people will hate it at first until they see the gameplay and they'll get used to them being in Smash kind of like what happened in Mario Rabbids Kingdon Battle
Why do u like rabbids so much!!:confused:

I'd honestly prefer the Rabbids over Rayman.
U cray cray :crazy:

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
How many rayman games have you played? Personally they got me back in to 2d and 3d platformers

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
How many rayman games have you played? Personally they got me back in to 2d and 3d platformers
Played the first one, and the demo of the 3DS one. Neither clicked with me.

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
Maybe you should play some of the other ones then, even if you didn't, the rabbids are too annoying and would only bug people that sakurai spent time on them rather than other characters.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
To be fair, Peach Rabbid is genuinely well liked by those who played Mario + Rabbids, so it's not like Rabbid=bad as a hard and fast rule.

I'd prefer Rayman(his expressions are wacky and the range he'd have would be insane) but honestly now he's in his own Smash-esque game he's dropped a bit in urgency for me.

Graizen

Smash Champion
What you guys think:
http://boards.4chan.org/v/thread/430567012

First I want to make it clear that I do not care if you believe it or not, or if you're going to talk all kinds of nonsense here. I also know that many false leaks are coming, and that these leaks can get lost, but whatever.

The idea of the word "Ultimate" also comes from the fact that we will have many characters from outside of Nintendo.
We are going to have a new trailer "Everyone is here", but with the new characters from outside Nintendo.

I will not tell you who the characters are, because I do not want problems and I do not want to spoil your joy.

We will have 2 characters for each company, this will mix Echos as well.
Some of them will have only one character.

Square Enix, Capcom, Arc System Works, Namco Bandai, Atlus, Konami, SEGA, Blizzard, Ubisoft, From Software, Bethesda, Platinum, BioWare, MonolithSoft, Activision, Naugthy Dog, Rockstar, Valve, SNK, Netherrealm and EA.

Both Microsoft and Sony have given special permission to certain characters.
The game will be treated as a celebration of the history of Video Games.

You can believe it or not.
December is the date.

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
What you guys think:

First I want to make it clear that I do not care if you believe it or not, or if you're going to talk all kinds of nonsense here. I also know that many false leaks are coming, and that these leaks can get lost, but whatever.

The idea of the word "Ultimate" also comes from the fact that we will have many characters from outside of Nintendo.
We are going to have a new trailer "Everyone is here", but with the new characters from outside Nintendo.

I will not tell you who the characters are, because I do not want problems and I do not want to spoil your joy.

Square Enix, Capcom, Arc System Works, Namco Bandai, Atlus, Konami, SEGA, Blizzard, Ubisoft, From Software, Bethesda, Platinum, BioWare, MonolithSoft, Activision, Naugthy Dog, Rockstar, Valve, SNK, Netherrealm and EA.

December is the date.
I really find it annoying when people try to make fake leaks real by saying I do not want to spoil your joy or I will no tell you my identity in fear of losing my job. This is complete bs! Smash boards is not the place where you spin leaks and lies, this is a place of speculation and bringing together the fan base! If you want to talk about badly made leaks go to 4chan!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
What you guys think:

December is the date.
That rumor lists Monolith Soft, which was bought out by Nintendo in 2012.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
What you guys think:

December is the date.
Laughable.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I'd prefer Rabbids over Rayman too.

I'd also prefer Resetti over Isabelle.

And Shadow over Tails(well before Echoes).

Everybody has vastly different opinions. They aren't crazy. They just don't have the same characters they like as you do. And nobody is saying Rayman isn't a legit choice just because they like Rabbids more. They're just saying one they like more. That's it.

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910
I didn't mean to call anyone crazy, it was just a joke, and I know everybody has different opinions (I mean I want Jibanyan in smash for heaven sake), Its just that for me, someone that had grown up on the early rayman games just to see that legacy get stripped from it with annoying bunny creatures made me feel kinda sad. Even though the Rayman legends' games came out, the rabbids still made their mark. I just want people to be aware that rayman is sooo much more than just a disfigured...thing? and that he really is a unique character that could be a great addition to the roster. Also I just want to add too, that Mario + Rabbids is 3rd favourite game on the switch.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Hehatchi, chocobo along with many others got a mii costume too. And many of them won't be in smash for a long time. People also say that relevency isn't a factor in choosing a character this time around but it kind of is. Even K rool has appeared as a main character in like 10 games, geno litterally has 1 game and 1 cameo, if you didn't play mario rpg which a lot of people didn't, you wouldn't really have an attachment to him.

While your at it add dark link, darkn toon link and shadow mario too. Besides Meta Knight is already kirbies "villian" as shown of at the end of the smash direct, plus bonkers as an echo for king dede would feel a lot better as an echo than dark meta knight, plus each character sakurai adds has a purpose even echos, Dark samus was added because she was a big deal in the metroid prime games.

How do you know that 3rd parties can't have alternate skins, just because it hasn't happened dosn't mean it won't, sakurai or anyone official ever said that.

The ricther leak was already proven false Check it out here thats all im going to say.
One, no that leak wasn’t proven false Billybo 10k and his source were extremely upset by it and found any way to disprove it, just check out the comment section as everyone called them out on their BS. Having Mario as a place holder was done in Wii U for DLC, and their going off of trophy names for K Rool, even though it’d make sense to have Japanese names for characters instead. Richter also might have come before Simon as he was higher on Japanese polls, and Sakurai does mention the whole, who’s an echo of who. Gothitelle would be a gen 5 Pokémon, and Gardevoir a gen 3, covering ground in the Pokémon series the same way Zelda has multiple different iterations present. Also no Gothitelle or Gardevoir Pokemon were shown.

PapaGenos explains the leak the best: https://youtu.be/NnTaCxYrXcY

Two, Dark Meta Knight reappeared as an antagonist in Kirby Triple Deluxe, and was a big reveal for Star Allies. Other than Galacta Knight, which has a costume, he would be the best fit for the Kirby echo, being both popular and relevant. Also, no, Bonkers wouldn’t be a character as he is a generic enemy, and doesn’t have the build to fit Dedede.

Three, 3rd parties can’t have alternate skins thanks to their parent companies. Wonder why Sonic is always blue in all alts, that’s because Sega told Sakurai that he couldn’t include other colors. Also there are barely any alternate skins in Smash to begin with, as only Olimar and Bowser Jr. have them, so why wouldn’t these huge gaming icons just get echos.

Four, Geno was the 3rd most popular character in Brawl’s line up after Sonic and Megaman. He also was high on the ballot, and his Mii costume got a splash screen. Super Mario RPG is also the father of Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi, so he has a huge importance. Sakurai himself has also discussed how he wants Geno in. I say he has a pretty good shot.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
One, no that leak wasn’t proven false Billybo 10k and his source were extremely upset by it and found any way to disprove it, just check out the comment section as everyone called them out on their BS. Having Mario as a place holder was done in Wii U for DLC, and their going off of trophy names for K Rool, even though it’d make sense to have Japanese names for characters instead. Richter also might have come before Simon as he was higher on Japanese polls, and Sakurai does mention the whole, who’s an echo of who. Gothitelle would be a gen 5 Pokémon, and Gardevoir a gen 3, covering ground in the Pokémon series the same way Zelda has multiple different iterations present. Also no Gothitelle or Gardevoir Pokemon were shown.

Two, Dark Meta Knight reappeared as an antagonist in Kirby Triple Deluxe, and was a big reveal for Star Allies. Other than Galacta Knight, which has a costume, he would be the best fit for the Kirby echo, being both popular and relevant. Also, no, Bonkers wouldn’t be a character as he is a generic enemy, and doesn’t have the build to fit Dedede.

Three, 3rd parties can’t have alternate skins thanks to their parent companies. Wonder why Sonic is always blue in all alts, that’s because Sega told Sakurai that he couldn’t include other colors. Also there are barely any alternate skins in Smash to begin with, as only Olimar and Bowser Jr. have them, so why wouldn’t these huge gaming icons just get echos.

Four, Geno was the 3rd most popular character in Brawl’s line up after Sonic and Megaman. He also was high on the ballot, and his Mii costume got a splash screen. Super Mario RPG is also the father of Paper Mario and Mario & Luigi, so he has a huge importance. Sakurai himself has also discussed how he wants Geno in. I say he has a pretty good shot.
Are we still talking about that Gothitelle leak?
It's fake.
Dude literally said that he stole a demo unit and was able to datamine that, without any proof or commotion that occurred at the event. Like someone tried to steal a Wii U with BOTW on it at E3, and despite getting caught, it was still reported on.
No one would be silent over something like that.
Also, not to mention it literally said Simon isn't on the roster. Like despite having Richter on it, that makes it such a huge red flag and practically deconfirmed it.
Even then Sakurai doesn't try to fill arbitrary quotas for characters like representing generations of Pokémon. Even Zelda is missing TP and SS variations of characters, while we have two OoT and BOTW incarnations. I could keep going on why that leak is fake.

Anyway, I want to comment on Geno.
At the end of the day, it comes down to SE's approval of his inclusion. The thing is, they very much could literally say no to Sakurai's face and move on. It's a character that Square has been apathetic towards and hasn't utilized in over a decade and probably aren't keen on people using him. Especially over ones that are more marketable and recognizable.

That, in my humble opinion, is the main obstacle that Geno has to face.
Like honestly, I'd be laughing if anyone said Geno was a lock before his Mii costume. ( I don't think you should say anyone is a lock, but I digress. )
He was a secondary side character, that no one else ever brings up outside of Smash speculation and is practically an unknown character to a wide swath of Nintendo fans and the general audience.
But given Sakurai's comments and his costume, he does have a likelihood. I'd be extremely happy for his fans if he got in, as it shows dedication could lead to reality.

However, at the end of the day, it comes down to if Square would allow for his inclusion.

TBone06

Smash Ace
It's fake.
Dude literally said that he stole a demo unit and was able to datamine that, without any proof or commotion that occurred at the event. Like someone tried to steal a Wii U with BOTW on it at E3, and despite getting caught, it was still reported on.
Also, not to mention it literally said Simon isn't on the roster. Like despite having Richter on it, that makes it such a huge red flag and practically deconfirmed it.
Even then Sakurai doesn't try to fill arbitrary quotas for characters like representing generations of Pokémon. Even Zelda is missing TP and SS variations of characters, while we have two OoT and BOTW incarnations. I could keep going on why that leak is fake.

At the end of the day, it comes down to SE's approval of his inclusion. The thing is, they very much could literally say no to Sakurai's face and move on. It's a character that Square has been apathetic towards and hasn't utilized in over a decade and probably aren't keen on people using him. Especially over ones that are more marketable and recognizable.

Like honestly, I'd be laughing if anyone said Geno was a lock before his Mii costume. ( I don't think you should say anyone is a lock, but I digress. )
He was a secondary side character, that no one else ever brings up outside of Smash speculation and is practically an unknown character to a wide swath of Nintendo fans and the general audience.
But given Sakurai's comments and his costume, he does have a likelihood. I'd be extremely happy for his fans if he got in, as it shows dedication could lead to reality.

However, at the end of the day, it comes down to if Square would allow for his inclusion.
If Square has such an issue with not wanting Sakurai to use Geno, they wouldn't have let him use the costume. They've already given them the green light on him before. Sure it wasn't as a playable character, but I don't know if anyone on this board would know the legalities of what the difference between the rights of a costume vs. a playable fighter (if anyone does know, feel free to share). But at the end of the day, they've shown they are willing to play ball with him. He's not a lock by any means, but he very well has a better chance than a lot of others.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
It's fake.

I still think Gardevoir and Gothitelle make sense. People probably requested that Sakurai adds a Pokémon from the missing generations, and since this Smash is heavy on fan service, why wouldn’t he. Plus Gothitelle is a good Joke pick, as we haven’t actually had one since Melee, as most have just been retro characters. Pokémon is also the series that harbors the joke characters like Jigglypuff and Pichu, so to make this Smash ultimate, why not include another joke Pokémon to the roster, while having the loved Gardevoir.

Quotas aren’t the only reason Sakurai picks characters, but they do influence decisions, like how people wanted more female fighters in Wii U, so we got like 4 females in Wii U plus an additional 4 select your gender characters, along with Wendy to add more females for people to use. You could also use this Smash as people requested for more villains after Wii U, and now look how many are here, or are rumored, like Skull Kid who definitely wasn’t big on the ballot. As for Zelda, they only have 6 characters, so not all games will be represented, especially since only Link and Zelda are in a majority of them, with Ganondorf being in only a few and people loved the Ocarina design better, so why use Twilight Princess. We also have potentially two characters joining, so Impa could easily be Skyward Sword. Also Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were hated by the Zelda community going into Ultimate, so why represent them over the safe bet Ocarina of Time or BOTW.

As for Geno, he was leaked for Aces, meaning that more than just the Smash community is talking about him. He’s also been heavily requested since Brawl. Square may have not let Sakurai use Geno in Wii U due to SquareEnix’s strict policies on IPs as you have to prove your worth. Since Cloud was a success and brought big promotion to Square, along with Square now developing big Switch exclusives like Octopath, I don’t see them having a problem with Sakurai using Geno anymore.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
If Square has such an issue with not wanting Sakurai to use Geno, they wouldn't have let him use the costume. They've already given them the green light on him before. Sure it wasn't as a playable character, but I don't know if anyone on this board would know the legalities of what the difference between the rights of a costume vs. a playable fighter (if anyone does know, feel free to share). But at the end of the day, they've shown they are willing to play ball with him. He's not a lock by any means, but he very well has a better chance than a lot of others.
Yeah, I can see where you're coming from. That's what I was saying is that Geno's costume does give him a much higher chance, but correct me if I'm wrong because I very well could be, I think licensing for a costume is different than a fighter. Especially since one is requesting for the likeness of a character, not the property itself. So I don't think those necessarily equate to one another. Again, like both of us said, we don't know the true answer to that question.
Even then, Sakurai still had to go through negotiations again with all these different companies for the wide variety of characters that they've got in Smash for the next iteration. I think while most simply renewed the deals with current characters, someone like Geno, Snake, and Simon, they would have to go back to the drawing board to reach an agreement. But that could be used for or against the character regardless.
I will say that I do think Geno will make it into the game, if not base I do think he has a very high likelihood at DLC.

I still think Gardevoir and Gothitelle make sense. People probably requested that Sakurai adds a Pokémon from the missing generations, and since this Smash is heavy on fan service, why wouldn’t he. Plus Gothitelle is a good Joke pick, as we haven’t actually had one since Melee, as most have just been retro characters. Pokémon is also the series that harbors the joke characters like Jigglypuff and Pichu, so to make this Smash ultimate, why not include another joke Pokémon to the roster, while having the loved Gardevoir.

Quotas aren’t the only reason Sakurai picks characters, but they do influence decisions, like how people wanted more female fighters in Wii U, so we got like 4 females in Wii U plus an additional 4 select your gender characters, along with Wendy to add more females for people to use. You could also use this Smash as people requested for more villains after Wii U, and now look how many are here, or are rumored, like Skull Kid who definitely wasn’t big on the ballot. As for Zelda, they only have 6 characters, so not all games will be represented, especially since only Link and Zelda are in a majority of them, with Ganondorf being in only a few and people loved the Ocarina design better, so why use Twilight Princess. We also have potentially two characters joining, so Impa could easily be Skyward Sword. Also Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword were hated by the Zelda community going into Ultimate, so why represent them over the safe bet Ocarina of Time or BOTW.

As for Geno, he was leaked for Aces, meaning that more than just the Smash community is talking about him. He’s also been heavily requested since Brawl. Square may have not let Sakurai use Geno in Wii U due to SquareEnix’s strict policies on IPs as you have to prove your worth. Since Cloud was a success and brought big promotion to Square, along with Square now developing big Switch exclusives like Octopath, I don’t see them having a problem with Sakurai using Geno anymore.
Well the Geno in Aces thing I didn't know about, but I'll wait til I see concrete evidence until I count it.
Here's the thing when it comes to Pokémon, BW wasn't loved by the fans when it first came out. Hell, most people still have a problem with it to this day.
Even Game Freak don't even use BW Pokémon and characters, and practically ignore them nowadays. Like Audino was the only Pokémon from that generation that got a Mega Evolution, while Hoenn and Kanto were focused on more.
This can be equated to your example with TP and SS, however I sincerely doubt that TPCI would be okay with them using a Pokémon that they never intended or have promoted. Regardless or not if it's a "joke" pick, it doesn't harbor the same popularity that Jigglypuff and Pichu have from the series alone.
Gardevoir on the other hand, I think is extremely likely only due to it's popularity and the timing of ORAS regardless of the leak. Although, I still see it competing with the likes of Deoxys, Sceptile, and Blaziken if we get a unique Hoenn Pokémon. Not to mention a possible Sun and Moon Pokémon given the series' 20th anniversary.

The leak is fake and has already been talked to death about why it is, I most definitely wouldn't have any hopes riding off the back of it.

cybersai

Smash Ace
I don't expect any more third party characters on the base roster, not counting Geno.

So I don't think anything like Banjo/Namco reps, etc. will happen till DLC

Hot_N_Tasty

Smash Journeyman
As for Geno, he was leaked for Aces, meaning that more than just the Smash community is talking about him.
I missed this one. Do you have a source I could read about this leak and/or any ideas on its legitimacy? This just might be a big deal.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Honestly, there's no real reason to wait to have DLC for 3rd parties. They're all chosen due to being timeless. DLC is not a good reason unless they cannot be made in time for the base roster. This can be because of moveset issues(See: Ryu) or not being able to license them right now. Beyond that, little reason.

If the ballot didn't influence 'em at all, or there's a Bayo situation, base roster is just as likely as DLC. Besides that, we have characters like Ken and Shadow who make the most sense as base right now. There's kind of no reason for B&K to be DLC at all. What's the point? Any Microsoft option would already be active, iconic, or ballot-based. All of them are good enough for base roster. Besides easy Minecraft content, why on earth would there be a wait for DLC? What's the point? It seems superfluous. Besides, Sakurai does not actually look at things as "will be DLC instead" because he tries to make a complete game at launch. All of the cut content was not intended for DLC(like Lucas). Mewtwo was a vet who required too much time for base and was used a promotional tie-in to get both versions(which he wanted to promote). In addition, he used it to see if DLC was worth it.

Nobody was cut for DLC either. That's a misconception of how he does things. He has made it quite clear he doesn't like on-disc DLC. So if he's going to add a 3rd party, he'll do so for base unless there's a severely good reason to wait. For ones like B&K, their moveset speaks wonders, so waiting is pointless. I mean, considering we have Minecraft content leaked, which is base roster in this case, why would any Microsoft playable 3rd party being waited on? I never got why people think B&K only have a chance as DLC. They've got a clear ballot presence. There's no denying that. Sure, it's a niche audience they appeal to(just n64 audience is really the main ones who care about them, though obviously they'll appeal to other people to, but not to the same degree), but it's not like K. Rool was severely popular among every era of Nintendo games either. He was irrelevant for years, so newer gamers are unlikely to majorly want him. I could go on, but I'd say we shouldn't really rule out a 3rd party for the sake of it.

Daedulus

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Daedulustg
3DS FC
2380-8197-1533
Switch FC
SW-2767-1140-5910

One even IF that leak was true, not a lot of people are fans of gothitelle, Shes a weird Goth, based pokemon that isn't even that popular in her own region, Zoroark as I said before, could also be an echo fighter of Greninja and as seen with chrom, he could borrow moves from other pokemon too! Because hes a villian and had a movie based on him before gen 5 even began! Look at each pokemon already in the roster everyone (except for ivysaur) huge pokemon that can carry their own weight, and even Ivysaur is so similar to bulbasaur that people just call him such. I get that you might like gothitelle... but shes just not coming to smash.

Two, like I adressed before, Dark meta knight would just work better as a skin, a lot of people still give dark pit flack because he basically just a skin for pit, I don't really think bonkers should be in smash (just throwing it out there) but I do think that each echo we have right now is similar to their counterpart, but not to similar, Daisy, highly requested character and took the place of peach in the mario land games, she also starred in almmost every sports game as peaches counterpart, Richter, simons son with the same build and similar moves in game, Dark samus, huge character in the metroid prime games, very similar to samus but they made her look unique enougth, chrom and lucina I know absolutley nothing about FE so I can't comment on that, and I already talked about dark pit, if you can thing of a way to make dark meta knight look more unique and different, I reconsider my opinion.

What about bayonettas charmellina skin! sakurai never that 3rd parties can't have alternate skins, if he did then I would think Mrs. Pac man would only get in being an echo. But he never did so you can't argue something that he NEVER said.

Four, I'm almost convinced that geno will be the last revieled newcomer so.. ya.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Zoroark as I said before, could also be an echo fighter of Greninja
I too think the concept of having a gen V echo for the sake of having a gen V Pokemon could be handled so much better, but Zoroark is already a Poke Ball Pokemon.

Last edited:

AngrySun88

Smash Ace
I'm glad that people on Smashboards have been respectful towards Nintendo's decision to delay the Direct because of this tradgedy. I can't say the same for some ungrateful Twitter "fans".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1DeLlqgQ40

Civilization VI is coming to the Switch and I suspect that this announcement was supposed to have happened during the Direct.

I can't imagine it'll be much more than a week before the Direct happens, if not sooner. They're going to have more things accidentally revealed and ruin the surprises of the Direct and they may have to rework it.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It's fake.

Given that leak, it was possible that Simon's data was scrubbed out.

Gothitelle

Smash Journeyman
Plus Gothitelle is a good Joke pick, as we haven’t actually had one since Melee, as most have just been retro characters. Pokémon is also the series that harbors the joke characters like Jigglypuff and Pichu, so to make this Smash ultimate, why not include another joke Pokémon to the roster, while having the loved Gardevoir.
:(

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
Suicune would be a good choice for a gen 2 rep

Could we scale down Rayquaza? as he was a boss in Brawl

Maybe Giratina as well for to have all the third game mascots

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom