• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

PrinceGal3n

Smash Journeyman
So I was tweaking some fanart I was working on for a character I want in Smash when I realized just how many antagonists we have now.
I'm hoping that once Smash Ultimate comes out, someone or me will recreate this shot from Dissidia Final Fantasy unveiling all the villains.
God, the villains coming in like Dissidia would be all kinds of epic that I don't think I am ready for.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Hey guys, so I doing some thinking as to why Sakurai has decided not to leave any secret characters in the game this time around (as in, everyone will be revealed before launch). I think this is almost certainly to avoid another ESRB type leak where people who got copies early have a chance to spoil it for everyone else.

Smash 3DS launched on October 3rd, and the ESRB leak took off on August 19. If this timeline is anything to go by, I have a feeling we’ll know the roster by the end of October. I know that isn’t exactly a shocker, but it could mean we get a relatively steady stream of news in the next two months.

What do you think?
He seems to be aiming to get ahead of leakers this time. This means that we’ll probably get monthly Smash Directs to cover as much information as ne possibly can as well as showing all the fighters for the vanilla release before December 7th.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
What do y’all think about Detective Pikachu as an echo fighter for Pikachu?
This echo will only work if Nintendo listens to what the fans want and get Danny DeVito as Pikachu and the most likely Pikachu to be the echo is already a costume and I'm also sure Detective Pikachu doesn't fight.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Cool. Though, how much a villain is Mewtwo. It seems to vary. Though I will say, on his best days he still is kinda a blood knight. And that evil chuckle isn't doing him any favors. Still cool though and I am glad we have a lot more villains this time around. Is there any more villains do you think should be added besides your obvious support of Ganon?
Off the top of my head:
Dark Matter as a "Horrifying Final boss" representative of the Kirby franchise, since it's the most reoccurring villain and Dark Matter Blade is the easiest to translate into a character, and:
Porky, one of two main villains in the MOTHER series. Imagine him having Giygas as his Final Smash.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
What was that obsession with some people wanting that particular person to voice Detective Pikachu...?

As for the villains...I could see Black Knight making the cut as Ike’s Echo Fighter. Same with Black Shadow as Cpt. Falcon’s Echo Fighter. If we’re getting new villains, I’d like to see Hardin as the FE villain to oppose Marth.

Last edited:

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Off the top of my head:
Dark Matter as a "Horrifying Final boss" representative of the Kirby franchise, since it's the most reoccurring villain and Dark Matter Blade is the easiest to translate into a character, and:
Porky, one of two main villains in the MOTHER series. Imagine him having Giygas as his Final Smash.
I do like both of those choices, though they do have there own little hiccups in the road. And I do think the only version of Porky that works is Eathbound Porky, as his Mother 3 mech is to big. What do you think about the potential of Mother 1 Giygas as a fighter? I would say it's possible he can be an echo of Mewtwo, as Giygas was the characters inspiration, but we have not seen a case of echo across two series as of yet. I think it can happen, but it would be neat representation of Mother 1 that is not just another physic boy.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Giygas as an Echo Fighter of Mewtwo? It can work. All that Sakurai has said about Echo Fighters so far is that they are based on an existing fighter. Stuff like attack properties and Specials can be different as Chrom showed.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I think barring a unique newcomer reveal ala Robin and Lucina, we've really only got four chances left for reveals. I think we definitely have to have either a general Nintendo Direct or Mini coming within the next month. Nintendo still has a lot of stuff to talk about, and has for quite some time. That will definitely have a Smash trailer. End of October/Early November I definitely see us getting a Pokemon Direct, which if it isn't specific to Pokemon only may bring us a Pokemon newcomer IF we're getting a new one (This is likely, but I don't think we should look at Pokemon as guaranteed to have a newcomer either). Smash will get another specific Direct to talk about characters, echo fighters, assists, and the other modes that haven't covered prior to release I'm pretty much certain of, especially with the not yet revealed secret mode.

That doesn't really leave room for another Direct, but I suppose a more general one could happen, or a Game Awards like reveal could happen somewhere is why I say 4 chances.

I don't think we have too many characters left at this point. I imagine Echo fighters will only be revealed in a Smash direct or with a newcomer trailer ala Richter, and there's not many opportunities for that at this point (Medusa, Black Shadow, Dixie Kong, Isabelle if she is one, etc. would all have to pretty much be in a Smash Direct since they can't be paired with anyone). I suspect two characters during the Smash specific Direct I think we'll get. I could also see up to three newcomers showing up in other opportunities for reveals, but I'd say one is also a possibility.

So I guess based upon those ideas, I'll make my more finalized predictions for the roster:

Echo fighters:

Shadow
Isabelle
Dixie Kong

Newcomers:

Geno (Legacy as requested)
Isaac (Same legacy as highly requested)
Skull Kid (This has begun to get way too much traction lately for me to ignore, I wouldn't have usually put him here otherwise)
Incineroar or Decidueye (Pokemon related announcements in a Direct if possible)
Bandanna Dee (Highly requested and newer character, though the one I'm least sure about)
Banjo, Rayman, or Sora. I don't necessarily know if we'll see another third party, but if there was one final hurrah, I could see them taking that spot.

I think the third party and the Pokemon have the potential to NOT happen, as I also think one of the heavily requested three I've mentioned could also just as easily not make it in for this reason or that. Isabelle could also sub in as unique, but I wouldn't ever bet on that (I just don't see Sakurai prioritizing her as unique in any situation). I think we're at least getting three more completely unique fighters, and I also don't expect Sakurai to go crazy with Echo fighters like some people seem to.

I'll also make a prediction that he'll announce DLC in the last direct like he did with the 50 facts extravaganza, and that first fighter will either be a Xenoblade rep or an ARMS rep. I'll also set aside the possibility of Bandanna Dee as the first DLC fighter if he doesn't make it in to the game.

What do you all think in terms of just opportunities for announcements coming into these last four months?

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Giygas as an Echo Fighter of Mewtwo? It can work. All that Sakurai has said about Echo Fighters so far is that they are based on an existing fighter. Stuff like attack properties and Specials can be different as Chrom showed.
Yeah. Just give Mewtwo's moves a much more Earthbound style flair and perhaps change a move or two to something Ness or Lucas use.

Captain Shades

Smash Ace
Heavily requested for Smash 4? Can you show me a single poll where Steve hit top 20, let alone top 10?

Why would he not have a ballot presence if he wasn't deconfirmed for Smash 4?
I think this is a good point, why would Steve not have a ballot presence. I can answer that, but I can’t guarantee you’ll like the answer.

I honestly believe Steve supporters didn’t vote on the ballot. I think many were too out of the loop and were clueless about the ballot because Steve isn’t a community pick, he’s a casual pick. While dead now, Miiverse was a huge platform for Steve support as many would talk about him in the Smash thread, and even on Sakurai’s pics of the day leading up to 4, one of the more notable comments was someone getting hyped for what he thought was a Minecraft stage (it turned out to be Pilot Wings). Many Smash 4 animations have joked about Steve being requested as well as it was major on the website. So, what happened in the ballot then? Well, I believe most of Steve’s support came from children around 8-12. They were probably too young to know about the ballot as how many 8 year olds keep track of gaming news or Nintendo Directs. Steve had a big base of support, but they weren’t the Smash Community which keeps track of that stuff, they were kids. Kids loved MC, not the adults that basically fill this community. I should know as I was around the age at the time, I had friends that liked Smash, but they didn’t vote for anything, and I had to tell them most Nintendo news, so I wouldn’t expect the main group of Steve supporters to really rush to the ballot.

As much as the ballot seems to have an influence over this game, that really isn’t the case as many of the characters were picked due to overall popularity; Dark Samus, Chrom, Ridley, hell I don’t even remember there being a push for Belmont anywhere in comparison to Shovel Knight, Shantae, or especially Rayman. Other outlets where Nintendo can see popularity seem to be being used, and since their own social media platform seemed to be flooded with MC popularity, between Smash requests, people clamoring for MC on Wii U, and the Eshop having many Minecraft clones, along with the Eshop showing high sales for the title, it wouldn’t be unreasonable to see Nintendo thinking their audience loves MC, even if it is primarily children asking for MC.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
I do like both of those choices, though they do have there own little hiccups in the road. And I do think the only version of Porky that works is Eathbound Porky, as his Mother 3 mech is to big. What do you think about the potential of Mother 1 Giygas as a fighter? I would say it's possible he can be an echo of Mewtwo, as Giygas was the characters inspiration, but we have not seen a case of echo across two series as of yet. I think it can happen, but it would be neat representation of Mother 1 that is not just another physic boy.
The funny thing is his MOTHER 3 iteration actually isn't that much bigger.

Dream scenario is that we get both mechs as alternate costumes a la Bowser Jr, or convergent clones.

As for Giygas? It could work, but I'd be against it. Giygas is a memorable villain because he's so ridiculously powerful that you have to resort to the power of love to defeat him. Even giving him a moveset would be demeaning since "You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas's attack!"

An unbeatable Assist Trophy or Final Smash would be a more fitting role for him.

EarlTamm

Smash Hero
Even giving him a moveset would be demeaning since "You cannot grasp the true form of Giygas's attack!"
Wait, didn't Porky do something similar to this is Mother 3? And hey, Mewtwo could confuse people with his moveset, so there is that. They would literally not grasp what happened. But in all seriousness, I understand your view on it. Giygas is super overpowered to the point of insanity(So much so that it drove himself insane), but power scaling in Smash has not been consistent in the first place.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
My guess is that Sakurai wants to get the “highly requested” stuff out of the way fast so people will be left guessing of what else could be coming; the unexpected, the “wtf”, the trolling.

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
From the Smash Reddit:

Personally, I think that Sakurai and co. have better things to do with their time than play home designer and furnish the backgrounds of these Directs, but it's still interesting.

Last edited:

StormC

Smash Hero
I think this is a good point, why would Steve not have a ballot presence. I can answer that, but I can’t guarantee you’ll like the answer.

I honestly believe Steve supporters didn’t vote on the ballot. I think many were too out of the loop and were clueless about the ballot because Steve isn’t a community pick, he’s a casual pick. While dead now, Miiverse was a huge platform for Steve support as many would talk about him in the Smash thread, and even on Sakurai’s pics of the day leading up to 4, one of the more notable comments was someone getting hyped for what he thought was a Minecraft stage (it turned out to be Pilot Wings). Many Smash 4 animations have joked about Steve being requested as well as it was major on the website. So, what happened in the ballot then? Well, I believe most of Steve’s support came from children around 8-12. They were probably too young to know about the ballot as how many 8 year olds keep track of gaming news or Nintendo Directs. Steve had a big base of support, but they weren’t the Smash Community which keeps track of that stuff, they were kids. Kids loved MC, not the adults that basically fill this community. I should know as I was around the age at the time, I had friends that liked Smash, but they didn’t vote for anything, and I had to tell them most Nintendo news, so I wouldn’t expect the main group of Steve supporters to really rush to the ballot.

As much as the ballot seems to have an influence over this game, that really isn’t the case as many of the characters were picked due to overall popularity; Dark Samus, Chrom, Ridley, hell I don’t even remember there being a push for Belmont anywhere in comparison to Shovel Knight, Shantae, or especially Rayman. Other outlets where Nintendo can see popularity seem to be being used, and since their own social media platform seemed to be flooded with MC popularity, between Smash requests, people clamoring for MC on Wii U, and the Eshop having many Minecraft clones, along with the Eshop showing high sales for the title, it wouldn’t be unreasonable to see Nintendo thinking their audience loves MC, even if it is primarily children asking for MC.
This is an interesting point, but I think you're putting a bit too much stock in that Nintendo has to cater to kids, and that is why Steve has a realistic shot of being in, in your mind. Presumably kids are going to already be interested because of all the classic Nintendo characters and the addition of Inkling, and maybe whatever new Pokemon gets added to the roster. A big part of the Switch's marketing so far has been geared towards adults in their 20s and 30s, which makes sense, because they're the ones with disposable income, and they're the majority demographic for it.

Meanwhile, and I know this will sound very condescending, kids' tastes are more fickle, while there are people who would have straight up not bought this game - hell, even bought a Switch - if K. Rool and Ridley were not in it. Most everything in this game has been geared towards longtime fans (especially those with mixed or outright negative feelings towards Smash 4), and most of those kids requesting Steve would play this game anyway. On the other hand, the backlash from this older community if Steve was playable instead of Banjo would be unfathomable.

Also, characters like Dark Samus and Chrom don't exactly have to do amazing on the ballot to get in. Just decently enough to be turned into a quick clone for fanservice. As an example, Chrom outright won a Tumblr poll, beating out even K. Rool.

Also, it's been established that Sakurai is a fan of Castlevania, but it actually isn't too farfetched that Simon did better on the ballot than previously thought. On a compilation chart of numerous polls, Simon was ranked in the top 20.

Ultimately, I'm not sure why it has to be "Steve should get in over Banjo so kids can have their fan favorite." If you think Steve should really be in, the case should be made that he can exist alongside the (hypothetical) roster, not displacing a fan favorite among Smash's target demographic.

Last edited:

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
Wait, didn't Porky do something similar to this is Mother 3? And hey, Mewtwo could confuse people with his moveset, so there is that. They would literally not grasp what happened. But in all seriousness, I understand your view on it. Giygas is super overpowered to the point of insanity(So much so that it drove himself insane), but power scaling in Smash has not been consistent in the first place.
True, but you could still beat him by depleting his hit points and could conceivably comprehend his attacks based on the wording used to not describe his attacks and the different special effects. He's in the process of becoming Giygas but isn't quite there yet.
Worst comes to worst, the EarthBound mech could be used since implementing a MOTHER 3 costume/echo/clone would probably be too much work.

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but she is not more iconic than Cloud and Simon. An icon represents something and their role means something much greater.
I was claiming that Daisy deserved a spot as did Richter Belmont. If you want to trade Richter for Simon, you can.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
This is an interesting point, but I think you're putting a bit too much stock in that Nintendo has to cater to kids, and that is why Steve has a realistic shot of being in, in your mind.
The existing roster already has a lot of characters that appeal to kids, so they're already catered to.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
From the Smash Reddit:

Personally, I think that Sakurai and co. have better things to do with their time than play home designer and furnish the backgrounds of these Directs, but it's still interesting.
I had this thought the other day of Sakurai going shopping at a homeware store and asking one of the clerks if a cushion came in a Skull Kid colour.

To be fair though, Sakurai has a lot of really random things in the background of his directs.

Last edited:

blueneuronDOTnet

Smash Journeyman

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Here's a full list of all characters that were Mii Fighter costumes in Smash 4 that are unconfirmed that can realistically join the roster:

Isabelle (Animal Crossing)
Akira (Virtua Fighter)
Jacky (Virtua Fighter)
Heihachi Mishima (Tekken)
Black Knight (Fire Emblem)
Lloyd Irving (Tales)
Monster Hunter (Monster Hunter)
Geno (Super Mario RPG)
Tails (Sonic)

However, Isabelle, Akira, Jacky, and Heihachi were released on the day that the ballot started.

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
From the Smash Reddit:

*huge picture*

Honestly, those purple and yellow chairs in the background make me think of Wario with his classic outfit more than Tatl and Tael.

Anyway, I was thinking... there are rumors that a Nintendo 64 mini will come out this winter (they registered patents of N64 stuff like they did for the SNES pad before, and they released a list of instruction books as PDF from N64 games).

So, would this boost the chance of getting N64 era content in Smash, since the release of the console would probably be close to the release of the new Smash?
It would make sense, because this way, they could promote the new console through Smash, or the other way, promote Smash by promoting the N64 mini.

Talking of Kirby newcomers, if Kirby 64 is going to be in the console (and it probably is, since they released the PDF of the instructions of this as well), even Adeleine may see her chance of getting some representation boosted a bit (considering that she has also been brought back in the series just recently, in Kirby Star Allies, where she's playable).

This said, there is another character that could get some relevance boost.
Kirby Star Allies is getting new characters as DLC. The next (and probably last) DLC will include Magolor, a character who also got a decent amount of votes in the ballot (in Japan too). The release of the character will probably be during this autumn or winter, and I'm sure he will become more popular with his debut as playable.

So, I think that if Kirby is getting more than 1 rep and/or the waddle dee is getting the Toad treatment, Magolor and Adeleine have some chances... Marx is getting popular too, along with Daroach, to a smaller extent, but their growth in popularity is a little too recent. Marx may be included regardless because he's from Kirby Superstar, and you know how Kirby representation works in Smash. Being realistic, I think Marx has high chances of being a DLC.
Galacta Knight may be used as an easy echo too, but that would be bad for the character since it has some unique traits (such as the shield), and Metaknight already has a Galacta skin, so I don't know.

Anyway, there is a problem with Marx: he has no hands and he would have some problems at holding items (he can still grab enemies with his feet by rolling them in a ball). Unless they use those claws on his wings as hands.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
From the Smash Reddit:

These eater eggs and hints are going way beyond what Smash 4 did with some of their characters

Diem

Agent of Phaaze
NNID
Luminoth_Prime
These eater eggs and hints are going way beyond what Smash 4 did with some of their characters
Which is why I'm skeptical of these little analyses, because it's completely unprecedented. If Skull Kid gets revealed, that's a point in favor of crazy home interior conspiracies, but there's also no way to prove that this is what's going on.

StormC

Smash Hero
I think if Isaac gets revealed that would be the biggest win for the conspiracy theories. The Skull Kid stuff is incidental, but the GS battle screen...

ganondorf_22

Smash Journeyman
http://www.allourideas.org/smashu

I decided to hold a different type of poll to determine who the least controversial newcomer to Smash Ultimate would be.

Rather than voting for your favorite, you vote between various characters selected randomly. I held this in other communities, I just decided to bring this to Smash Boards.
Vote as many times as you like, this poll doesn't end and your vote won't count if it is the same pairing. If you have any suggestions, to add onto this poll let me know.
This is an interesting list. (I also don’t know how to unhyperlink these links.)

With the caveat that none of these folks are needed, here are my opinions on the most promising characters I found in that poll. If you’d like to save time, just read the characters and skip the explanations.

Bomberman He’s an assist trophy, he’s covered.

Dixie Kong (Donkey Kong) could make a good echo fighter of Diddy.

Rayman (Rayman) No... no. Rayman really isn’t that big of a deal.

Phoenix Wright He seemed good in Marvel vs. Capcom

Crono this guy could be good, I s’pose

Impa (Zelda) she could be good. I dunno how she played in the warriors game. If it wasn’t anything special, then never mind. But, it might be a way to move units of the switch hyrule warriors game if her inclusion was connected to that in a significant way.

Waluigi (Mario) he’s fine. He’s in as an assist trophy. He doesn’t need anything more.

Funky Kong (Donkey Kong) Given that I just said Waluigi doesn’t need anything more, now I’m thinking Funky Kong doesn’t need anything at all. (Waluigi is leagues more important than Funky Kong is.)

Andy (Advance Wars) This series is dead. No need to live in the past.

Ken (Street Fighter) Ken fights better than Ryu, anyway.

Viewtiful Joe this is a pretty darn dead game series, as well. Nonetheless, I have fond memories of it. I would probably find it gauche if he was put in as anything more than an assist trophy, but I would probably have fun with him if he was.

Ashley (Wario Ware) she’s fine as an assist trophy, too.

Lyn (Fire Emblem) Lyn I could see making the upgrade to a full character in an interesting way.

Metal Sonic (Sonic) Maybe as an echo fighter for Sonic.

Krystal (Star Fox) What I played of the first game she appeared in was very good. I’d like to see that repped in some way. The assist trophy is good. She could probably make a good full character, too.

Gardevoir (Pokemon) I scanned a bit of a post in this thread in passing, and Gardevoir seemed like it might not be a bad new Pokemon full-character.

Boo - Just a regular Boo would do fine. Doesn’t need to be King or anything like that.

Tom Nook - I guess he could give AC a second rep

K.K. Slider (wasn’t in the list, but he crossed my mind) - he’s a good dog

Isabelle (Animal Crossing) - she seems to be really appreciated for some reason— appearing in mario kart of all places. I don’t know what her deal is, but she might be a better choice for AC rep #2, if they have one beyond the villager. I dunno.

Akuma (Street Fighter) he shoots diagonal purple fireballs and that’s cool.

Leon Kennedy (Resident Evil) RE4 was a big deal for Gamecube owners when it came out. Leon could pay homage to that time.

Klonoa His best game was on PS1, but since then he’s been on DS and Wii, in *actual, starring roles*. *looks at Cloud*. He could get a slot.

Captain Rainbow an extremely niche left field choice, but also an iconic choice.

Petey Piranha (Mario) - Mario series characters should get special leg ups because that’s Nintendo’s most iconic series. Petey is an interesting dude, and seemed to play an important role in recent Mario games.

Tiki (Fire Emblem) she’s a good dragon, and I think she’s in more than one FE game?

Tharja (Fire Emblem) would you believe me if I said it’s because she’s a dark mage and not because she’s hot and psycho? I mean, I guess being hot and psycho are counts in one’s favor, as well, though.

Arle & Carbuncle (Puyo Puyo) I dunno why arle & carbuncle and not whoever that main chick was in puyo puyo tetris, but any puyo puyo rep (or puyo puyo tetris rep?) could be good in here, minus the dumb ones like the bear, fish, yellow ball on a cloud, etc.

Thought I saw Tetris Block in that list, as well, but now I’m not seeing it. This is left field and niche but still iconic enough that it might work.

Also thought I saw Cecil (Final Fantasy) on the list. Cecil would’ve been better than Cloud. But now that Cloud’s in, do we really need another FF person in here?

The Builder (not in list, but I just thought of them) - bwahaha this character would be awesome.

Akira (not in list, but I saw him mentioned in this thread)- probably better to include him before any more Street Fighters.

Haunter S. Thompson - I just made this character up, but what better place to introduce him than Smash Bros.?

The city of Corpus Christi, Texas - hmmm I think maybe I should stop soon.

I’ll keep the Prince of Sablé and Takamaru in this list, as well, even if they’re not listed in the survey as choices. I’ll even mention Prince of Persia here as well, since I dogged on Ubisoft’s other mascot so mercilessly. That being said, my comment on PoP is that he’s from a dead series that doesn’t really need to be remembered in Smash Bros.

Wondering... should I mention the guitar controller... from Guitar Hero... as a playable character? (Or maybe just an item?)

The current top ten results that that survey shows are ugly as sin, and serves to prove that I am more right than I am wrong about us running out of characters worth adding. Or maybe this list I just created shows that there are a handful of characters left that are worth adding that not enough people are asking for (because somehow we all wound up pining for Geno of all characters). I would like to pretend that the former is true, although both could be?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Which is why I'm skeptical of these little analyses, because it's completely unprecedented. If Skull Kid gets revealed, that's a point in favor of crazy home interior conspiracies, but there's also no way to prove that this is what's going on.
Agreed. When compared to simple clouds shaped like Pac-Man and Duck or the constant Palutena trolling, having these hints be so blatantly obvious and placed somewhere everyone can notice is too crazy to happen...though I also want it all to be true

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I feel like if Isaac and Skull Kid both get in that'll be a major point towards the idea that Sakurai has been dropping hints.

Not conclusive but definitely enough to take notice.

SonicMario

Smash Master
I think the most obvious time Sakurai dropped hints of newcomers during a Smash direct was the one that revealed Greninja. And no it's not the clouds in Greninja's trailer. There were a few things that basically made it obvious Palutena was a newcomer. Most notably the pseudo-palutena fakeout that was meant to scare people into thinking she may just be a trophy.

CHAMPIONX9

Smash Journeyman
I think it's more likely that we don't get a new pokemon at all since "everyone is here" means that the amount of work needed to add another pokemon would multiply the amount of work substantially.

cybersai

Smash Ace
If there's 3 new reps:

1. Skull Kid
2. New Pokemon
3. Geno (possibly)

Echoes: Dixie and Isabelle at the least

If there's 4 more reps, the last one could be anyone from Isaac, Bandana Dee, Paper Mario, or Elma.

LetterO

Smash Lord
Chorus Kids are also pretty up there in my eyes. As a scrapped character, Rhythm Heaven’s popularity in Japan, and with Sakurai revisiting old ideas, I’d say they’re pretty up there in likelihood.

spoilerowl

Smash Journeyman
Agreed, if Isaac and/or Skull Kid get in that's a huge hint towards the furniture and tweet theorists.

Isaac, Skull Kid, Geno, and Banjo & Kazooie. I think, Echoes aside, that these four are the dream in my opinion.

Tharja (Fire Emblem) would you believe me if I said it’s because she’s a dark mage and not because she’s hot and psycho? I mean, I guess being hot and psycho are counts in one’s favor, as well, though.
Wasn't she a trophy on the 3DS version that was cut for being too hot for Nintendo?

cybersai

Smash Ace
I don't believe Banjo-Kazooie will ever happen. Even for DLC. Just because they can make a deal with Microsoft to put him doesn't mean they will or should. I can also see Nintendo vetoing the idea if Sakurai considers it, he can't just include whoever he wants.

Misery Brick

Smash Ace
NNID
miserybrick
3DS FC
0361-6354-4079
I don't believe Banjo-Kazooie will ever happen. Even for DLC. Just because they can make a deal with Microsoft to put him doesn't mean they will or should. I can also see Nintendo vetoing the idea if Sakurai considers it, he can't just include whoever he wants.
I mean given both Microsoft and Nintendo are shaking their hands in the public eye with their cross-platform online promotional material, I don't think it'd be out of the question for a Microsoft character getting in.
However.. I don't think it'd be Banjo-Kazooie at all. I feel that they would be pushing for Master Chief or Steve for a character in Smash, as opposed to a character that they haven't utilized for a good part of a decade. If they allow two characters, then I do think they're likely in that regard.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I mean given both Microsoft and Nintendo are shaking their hands in the public eye with their cross-platform online promotional material, I don't think it'd be out of the question for a Microsoft character getting in.
However.. I don't think it'd be Banjo-Kazooie at all. I feel that they would be pushing for Master Chief or Steve for a character in Smash, as opposed to a character that they haven't utilized for a good part of a decade. If they allow two characters, then I do think they're likely in that regard.
I feel like we use this sort of line of reasoning with third parties a bit too often. From what I understand, Sakurai doesn’t go ask for a representative from the company, he asks the company for approval on a specific character he wants in the game, and then works things out from there. And seriously, I doubt Sakurai going to any company and taking somebody he doesn’t want just because that’s what the company says they’ll allow.

He’s not going to just put in Master Chief or Steve because Microsoft says no way to Banjo, or Sora/Slime if Square turns down Geno for a more “important” rep. And honestly, neither company has any good reason to say no (Maybe Microsoft/Nintendo relations, but those are a whole different beast that we know nothing about).

Especially when he’s putting in a highly requested fan pick, that even he may want, I see little chance of him backing off for a more advertisable rep to that company.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom