• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
Honestly given how many Tales characters use overlapping moves (Like Lloyd, Guy, Cless, and Stahn)... I could easily see a Tales "Multiple Alts" character happening and Lloyd being one of them. (With a similar TP gimmick to Hero's MP)
But how many of them use 2 swords? I would'nt want Lloyd's moveset compromised to accomodate 4 characters.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
I keep seeing people say this character and that character is dead because of Steve. Guys, the only characters that are affected by Steve's inclusion is other Microsoft reps. Characters like Dante and Geno still have a solid chance. Remember that there are still 4 more spots so there is a good chance that your most wanted will get in.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Imagine if we got Yuri instead.
BIG BRAIN TIME: Velvet Crowe

and before anyone says “not for good boys and girls” her design is meant to be edgy, not sexy, they can just cover the boobs more and give her longer pants

Bowser D.X

Brawl Player
I guess the other reason I can't get hyped is that even outside the context of Minecraft, Steve is just aesthetically a really boring character. Even if I had no idea what Minecraft was there's nothing that makes me want to play as this dude. A Goomba would be more exciting.

BZL8

Smash Ace
Switch FC
Oh my. It has been a while since I posted on the forums here. Talk about Sakurai unleashing a megaton with Steve. Say what you will about Minecraft, but one cannot deny how gargantuan it is, especially in the general public. Imagine telling me in 2009 that some random indie game released that year would eventually get a representative in Smash.

VongolaFair

Smash Apprentice
I’m personally disappointed but I’m happy for Steve’s fans, I still 100% believe that Dante will be a playable character by the end of Ultimate’s lifespan and I’ll just continue to wait for his reveal (like always)

XorahnGaia

Smash Journeyman
I'm... surprisingly ok with Steve in Smash.
I think however that my favorite thing about this announcement is that it proves that third-party characters (even western characters from big companies) can go unleaked (and yes I know that Zhuge made a small tease 5 minutes before the presentation but... c'mon that kind of leaks almost doesn't count).

I probably shouldn't hype myself up for DLC cycle where we go in blind for every reveal because there's always the possibility that Intern-kun messes up again or something, but I guess we'll see...

Tako Tuesday

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0245-5753-9220
I'm trying to wrap my brain that you can have Steve fight ****ing Sans Undertale

What even is this game?
I honestly couldn't stop laughing at the trailer. I don't even care for Minecraft, and originally was against his inclusion. But that trailer was great, it felt like a big meme and I'll definitely use him

Animegamingnerd

Smash Ace
Ironically, the people who jokingly voted for Steve from Minecraft in the ballot five years ago might've gotten him in Smash.
I don't even think they were paying attention to the ballot results anymore, but that is ****ing hilarious to think about that is a chance that ****posters from 2015 may have influenced Smash characters 5 years later.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I wonder if that's actually possible...

Which animatronic would they use, though?
It's definitely a possibility given how much the series has grown. It's getting featured in major Nintendo Direct style presentations now.

Definitely Freddy. The only other costume I see happening is the yellow Bonnie costume since it's the most notable springlock suit (a.k.a. wearable animatronic), but even then it's not nearly as iconic I think.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Okay no, I doubt Vergeben's reputation is redeemed in any way.

He said Minecraft content was coming before the game even came out. No way he knew in 2018 that in two years before FP2 was even a thing that Steve would be getting in.

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Regardless of my relative indifference, there's one thing I am excited about here:

SECOND WESTERN REP, BAYBEEE

Here's to hoping it won't be the last. In Ultimate and in future games.

Also, SKX31 SKX31 , you said Minecraft was huge in China too, yes? Let's both hope it's not the only newcomer that appeals to them, if you catch my drift. ;)

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Based on what? I don't really see how Steve affects Geno.
He doesn't, but if a Super Mario character were to be in the pass, it would have been in now in order to coincide with the 35th Anniversary. Since that didn't happen, I think all Super Mario characters are as good as disconfirmed. Same with Pokémon and the Crown Tundra update.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I *IN CALLED STEVE BEING ABLE TO UPGRADE GEAR MONTHS AGES AGO HOLY * WHAT WAS THAT?

WHY DOES MINECRAFT HAVE SUCH A GOOD SONG AND THAT FINAL SMASH IS LITERALLY THE BEST ****ING ONE IN THE GAME
BRO PPPLLEEEASSSSEEEEE have the same ****ing debacle with Hero where people try to ban Steve cause he's too OP.

Dr. Yatagarasu

Smash Apprentice
I unironically love this guy's jank. It just looks so stupid, like he was just copy-pasted from Minecraft and plopped down into Smash. Seeing his cold, lifeless stare as he creates a row of blocks over the edge and throttles your recovery is actually hilarious.
Steve is going to be absolutely hilarious to play online

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
Steve got announced an hour ago and people are already talking about Fortnite and Five Nights at Freddy's getting representation lmao

DittoInDisguise

Smash Apprentice
Okay no, I doubt Vergeben's reputation is redeemed in any way.

He said Minecraft content was coming before the game even came out. No way he knew in 2018 that in two years before FP2 was even a thing that Steve would be getting in.
Imran said the deal has been in the work for 3 years, most liekly verge heard about it and assumed it would be base rather than dlc. Assuming he actually had any info

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom