• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

7NATOR

Smash Master
Wait is it true most of the Sales of FP1 came when Joker got revealed or Released?

Shroob

Sup?
Wait is it true most of the Sales of FP1 came when Joker got revealed or Released?
It's never been disclosed, but usually, sales are always highest when something's coming out.

Look at the life cycles of any game that comes out, and if you were to graph out its sales, you'd see there'd be a MASSIVE spike right when it goes up for pre-order/comes out, and then it tapers off into much smaller numbers over time.

With the DLC, I'd assume there'd be small bumps in the graph for each new Challenger pack coming out, but nowhere near as big as that initial spike.

7NATOR

Smash Master
It's never been disclosed, but usually, sales are always highest when something's coming out.

Look at the life cycles of any game that comes out, and if you were to graph out its sales, you'd see there'd be a MASSIVE spike right when it goes up for pre-order/comes out, and then it tapers off into much smaller numbers over time.

With the DLC, I'd assume there'd be small bumps in the graph for each new Challenger pack coming out, but nowhere near as big as that initial spike.
That makes sense.

The main reason i ask is because I know there may be people that think FP2 was probably decided right after joker if this was the case, and that it being Decided at E3, taking that long could be weird.

Though Honestly, I expect the sales to be best at the Begining. However I think Nintendo still may not want to pull the trigger on a Full FP2 by then. However if the Spike with Banjo and Hero was that big, that could have been trigger for FP2

Shroob

Sup?
That makes sense.

The main reason i ask is because I know there may be people that think FP2 was probably decided right after joker if this was the case, and that it being Decided at E3, taking that long could be weird.

Though Honestly, I expect the sales to be best at the Begining. However I think Nintendo still may not want to pull the trigger on a Full FP2 by then. However if the Spike with Banjo and Hero was that big, that could have been trigger for FP2
I'm almost positive that the sales for the first fighter's pass were highest between November2018-Feb 2019.

You hit the game's final Direct(Where iirc you could pre-order the Fighter's Pass I think)

You hit the launch of the game

You hit Joker's reveal

You hit CHRISTMAS

You hit NEW YEARS for Japan, which is a huge holiday for them

And you hit Plant being revealed as a final "Hey DLC exists also he's Joker's model!"

That timeframe almost assuredly had the largest spike in sales I'd wager.

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
I'm almost positive that the sales for the first fighter's pass were highest between November2018-Feb 2019.

You hit the game's final Direct(Where iirc you could pre-order the Fighter's Pass I think)

You hit the launch of the game

You hit Joker's reveal

You hit CHRISTMAS

You hit NEW YEARS for Japan, which is a huge holiday for them

And you hit Plant being revealed as a final "Hey DLC exists also he's Joker's model!"

That timeframe almost assuredly had the largest spike in sales I'd wager.
Definitely. but Honestly, even with that though, i do think it makes sense if they waited till E3 to pull the Trigger on a Full FP2. I guess they needed to see if there was still long term hype with the game, because they need to make sure the Pass isnt just riding of Base game hype, that theirs still investment with Costumers even 6 Months in

7NATOR

Smash Master
Oh by the way, Here's something interesting

Translation:
This is a rare situation, but a "source" gave me information (quite ambiguous) about Smash:

-Monday
-The character is from Nintendo
-From a little represented and much loved franchise that nobody expects

What do you think? Who would it be?

Discovered by this topic on Gamefaqs

Even Natedrake Commented on this post

If this was True, I wouldn't expect Rex since everyone is expecting him. Could be Elma if it's Xenoblade. Could also be Rhythm Heaven or Golden Sun (little Represented with only Spirits, and 1 music track in Golden Sun case). could be something very lowkey like Earthbound or Warioware

Shroob

Sup?

Translation:
This is a rare situation, but a "source" gave me information (quite ambiguous) about Smash:

-Monday

If this was True, I wouldn't expect Rex since everyone is expecting him. Could be Elma if it's Xenoblade. Could also be Rhythm Heaven or Golden Sun (little Represented with only Spirits, and 1 music track in Golden Sun case). could be something very lowkey like Earthbound or Warioware
This would imply a Monday shadowdrop with 0 prior warning.

I'm very, VERY skeptical of that happening, even given the current situation.

This was also posted on the 10th, when everyone was assuming they'd announce the Presentation today, which they didn't.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

Translation:

-Monday

Maybe Splatoon is another option?

oh yeah. It’s VEEMO time.

7NATOR

Smash Master
This would imply a Monday shadowdrop with 0 prior warning.

I'm very, VERY skeptical of that happening, even given the current situation.

This was also posted on the 10th, when everyone was assuming they'd announce the Presentation today, which they didn't.
To be fair, I believe the July Partner Direct was announced on Sunday, so maybe it could still be announced before Monday

Shroob

Sup?
To be fair, I believe the July Partner Direct was announced on Sunday, so maybe it could still be announced before Monday
It's possible, but I'm not holding my breath.

Has this person leaked anything credible in the past, or are they just a lolrando.

Translation:

-Monday

He also says “little represented” which Xenoblade currently is. It very well could be Rex

LucKekkai

Smash Apprentice

Translation:

-Monday

Chibi-Robo. That is my best guess on this situation, and I have no idea who or what Chibi-Robo even is.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Translation:

-Monday

At least the rumour has a kill switch. I appreciate when they do that, lest we get Cacomallow'd.

He also says “little represented” which Xenoblade currently is. It very well could be Rex
Yeah, until you get to the end of that sentence. Rex is probably the most expected first-party inclusion after a Pokemon.

7NATOR

Smash Master
I will just say

If it's Isaac, It would make total sense why all the veteran Mii Costumes we still have Left (Monster Hunter, Geno, Chocobo, Gil, Lloyd) are all RPG Releated

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
  • It's not Elma. Xenoblade Chronicles X is the least popular and least relevant of the Xenoblade Chronicles games.
  • It's not Rhythm Heaven, that series is dead.
  • It's not Golden Sun, that would require a revival, and that would be a pretty big game. If anything, it's just not happening this year.
  • I highly doubt Nintendo would want to promote WarioWare of all things in this way.
  • I could actually see an Earthbound character if they wanted to reveal that Earthbound Beginnings and Earthbound are coming Nintendo Switch Online.
Chibi-Robo. That is my best guess on this situation, and I have no idea who or what Chibi-Robo even is.
It's not Chibi-Robo. The series is also dead.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
  • It's not Elma. Xenoblade Chronicles X is the least popular and least relevant of the Xenoblade Chronicles games.
  • It's not Rhythm Heaven, that series is dead.
  • It's not Golden Sun, that would require a revival, and that would be a pretty big game. If anything, it's just not happening this year.
  • I highly doubt Nintendo would want to promote WarioWare of all things in this way.
  • I could actually see an Earthbound character if they wanted to reveal that Earthbound Beginnings and Earthbound are coming Nintendo Switch Online.

It's not Chibi-Robo. The series is also dead.
So it’s F-Zero Splatoon, got it :secretkpop:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
So it’s F-Zero Splatoon, got it :secretkpop:
I could see it happening if Nintendo were confident that the Octoling could be different enough from the Inkling even with the shared ink mechanic and aesthetic to prevent the general populous from saying "why would I pay for Inkling when I already have them on the roster?".

Honestly I think they'd be a solid candidate if they weren't a nigh-impossible sell.

SnowClaws

Smash Apprentice
I agree as well since Sept 14 (Mon) is the 2nd Anniversary of Xenoblade Chronicles 2: Torna ~ The Golden Country. Note: Sept 14 is the digital release date while Sept 21 is the physical release date of the game.

Plus, last week was the official release of the Korean version of both XC2 and its expansion (Sept 3, 2020). Though this idea is nothing more than coincidence.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I know we're starved for info fam

But like, why are we believing this guy without... ya know, checking their past credibility.

Literally anyone can say "I heard X from a source" and be hyper vague about it.
I heard it's Gooigi.

Dude, trust me. I would never make something up. You think I would do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
I'm very much betting on another 1st party. I want it to be Rex, and I think it has a great chance to be Rex, but who knows. I just don't want another Pokemon.
This is something I can completely get behind. I have not played a Xenoblade game myself, but c'mon, that series deserves some more love and attention. Especially because the newer games are different, Shulk is a bit outdated.

And yeah, the new Pokémon rep will likely be pretty hype, but by the time the next generation rolls around the hype will have died down. Like, by Gen 9, I can't imagine the masses still losing their minds over Greninja and Incineroar if I'm being blunt...

Shroob

Sup?
This is something I can completely get behind. I have not played a Xenoblade game myself, but c'mon, that series deserves some more love and attention. Especially because the newer games are different, Shulk is a bit outdated.

And yeah, the new Pokémon rep will likely be pretty hype, but by the time the next generation rolls around the hype will have died down. Like, by Gen 9, I can't imagine the masses still losing their minds over Greninja and Incineroar if I'm being blunt...
Eh, wasn't Greninja voted like, the most popular Pokemon about a year ago? Greninja is still very, very marketable.

Goombaic

Smash Ace
I heard it's Gooigi.

Dude, trust me. I would never make something up. You think I would do that? Just go on the internet and tell lies?
Talking about Gooigi, imagine if the next fighter is from Luigi's Mansion and we've been waiting this long because they're releasing them in Halloween.

That'd be terrible but if it's King Boo can't complain, buuuut it would kill off a Pokemon's chances completely so nah.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

Pokemon of the Year says otherwise.

TheBeastHimself

No time for tea, uncle, gotta capture the Avatar!
Eh, wasn't Greninja voted like, the most popular Pokemon about a year ago? Greninja is still very, very marketable.
Yeah, I'm probably dead wrong, I'm not too familiar with who the most popular Pokémon are. If I were to elaborate further, I just want more creativity when it comes to picking a Pokemon rep instead of "throw in one of the starters from the latest generation," but I get it, of course the starters will be the most iconic and familiar. But man, I could really kill for some more oddball picks like Jigglypuff.

7NATOR

Smash Master
As for the guy's creditablity, Honestly I don't know

The interesting thing is that Natedrake commented on the Thread. along with that, Considering that Tiffany leaks (HotGirl69) as also been saying stuff about Smash very recently (and she did predict the Mario Kart thing and also BOTW Hyrule Warrios edition), it could be something to consider. Yes

At least the rumour has a kill switch. I appreciate when they do that, lest we get Cacomallow'd.

Yeah, until you get to the end of that sentence. Rex is probably the most expected first-party inclusion after a Pokemon.
Not everyone follows Smash speculation, one expected character could be an unexpected character to someone else

Shroob

Sup?
As for the guy's creditablity, Honestly I don't know

The interesting thing is that Natedrake commented on the Thread. along with that, Considering that Tiffany leaks (HotGirl69) as also been saying stuff about Smash very recently (and she did predict the Mario Kart thing and also BOTW Hyrule Warrios edition), it could be something to consider. Yes
Insert the Gravity Falls Whoa this is worthless! meme

Yeah no, I think it's very safe to throw hotgirl in the dumpster.

..............wow that's awkward as hell to say out loud. :191:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Not everyone follows Smash speculation, one expected character could be an unexpected character to someone else
It's a character that nobody expects -> the person must have no idea what the fanbase wants/expects -> it's probably literally the most expected character from a little represented franchise

Do you see how faulty that is to be anyone's default assumption?

Last edited:

7NATOR

Smash Master
Insert the Gravity Falls Whoa this is worthless! meme

Yeah no, I think it's very safe to throw hotgirl in the dumpster.

..............wow that's awkward as hell to say out loud. :191:
I would have thrown Hotgirl in Dumpster as well, but considering she did get the Mario Kart thing and the Zelda thing correct, I think we should consider Eyeing Her

Shroob

Sup?
It's a character that nobody expects -> the person must have no idea what the fanbase wants/expects -> it's probably literally the most expected character from a little represented franchise

Do you see how faulty that is to be anyone's default assumption?
Isn't Rex like, the 2nd most expected/wanted character for the Japanese fans according to that one old-ass poll that gets tossed around here occasionally? The one with Dante as 1# and ****ing Kirito from SAO on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom