• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Also, they're not going to announce a new Smash character in a Pokemon direct, not even if it is a Pokemon character.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
If they wait until June 26 or later to announce the delay, then I'll actually be pissed.
Given what's been going on in the world, it's hardly their fault. TBH if we get a delay this late in the month, it would come off to me as them really, REALLY trying to make the June deadline work but things just fell through the cracks.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Given what's been going on in the world, it's hardly their fault. TBH if we get a delay this late in the month, it would come off to me as them really, REALLY trying to make the June deadline work but things just fell through the cracks.
Mostly this stupid virus.

Gribbo

Smash Apprentice
Pokemon directs have always been absurdly short so I don't think the length means anything.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It says "pokemon news" while not mentioning DLC.

I have no clue what you're getting the assumption it's purely Sword/Shield from the tweet here.
They've never announced new games more than a year before their release, at least not in recent times.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
It says "pokemon news" while not mentioning DLC.

Chill out.
I AM CHIIIIIIILLLL!!!!
1592315905320.png

It would come off to me as being too heavily secretive. If they were running far behind then they either should tell us now, or should have told us at the start of the month so that we know that a delay could happen rather than just say nothing for the entire month and then be like "whoops! Sorry we're gonna have to delay at the last second".

I didn't actually know they(TPC) tweeted, but it was clear it was a general direct... like it says on the tweet. XD
No it said DLC only so if you got your news here,
Serebii Update: Pokémon to hold a Pokémon Presents for 11 minutes of Sword & Shield Expansion Pass details at 13:00 UTC tomorrow.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
"The new fighter can extend their arms"

*Pokemon Direct announced*

I think its obvious our fighter is going to be Breloom!!

Neverx

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5778-5302-2215
Who was asking for more Pokemon news lmao, I get that it doesn't impact another announcement being made but it really feels light on nintendo and smash news and I don't think anyone was clamoring for more Pokemon news especially with the DLC launching this week.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Who was asking for more Pokemon news lmao, I get that it doesn't impact another announcement being made but it really feels light on nintendo and smash news and I don't think anyone was clamoring for more Pokemon news especially with the DLC launching this week.
They need to remind people to spend those $$$ on the upcoming DLC!

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
And it's getting a lot of us worried that they are going to delay FP6.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
As someone who loved SwSh, I'm more than happy to hear more about it personally. Don't plan on purchasing this DLC immediately as I currently lack the time for it, but I'm looking forward to playing it hopefully soon. And hey, it's fun game news, so I'm content.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
They need to remind people to spend those $$$ on the upcoming DLC!
They just did. Like, a day or two ago. I know Gamefreak thinks we have super low attention spans but this is ridiculous. lol

As someone who loved SwSh, I'm more than happy to hear more about it personally. Don't plan on purchasing this DLC immediately as I currently lack the time for it, but I'm looking forward to playing it hopefully soon. And hey, it's fun game news, so I'm content.
I'm waiting to see if it's just a single map that's not really all that interesting with a side plot involving Cubfu that takes 2 minutes to complete or not.

Heoj

Smash Ace
something like poke park or ranger would be earth shattering level hype, but its probs just gonna be swsh dlc with like pokemon sleep and MAYBE the detective pikachu game

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
something like poke park or ranger would be earth shattering level hype, but its probs just gonna be swsh dlc with like pokemon sleep and MAYBE the detective pikachu game
We might also get some information about the possibility of adding direct compatibility with GO to Home.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
Ignore Diamond & Pearl remakes. I think we're overdue for a Pokemon Puzzle League remake.
Gimme that and I'll never ask for anything again.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Ignore Diamond & Pearl remakes. I think we're overdue for a Pokemon Puzzle League remake.
Gimme that and I'll never ask for anything again.
It’ll happen... as a proper Panel de Pon title with Lip. :troll:

Among Waddle Dees

Smash Journeyman
Gee, I miss Pokepark. That game did not have any right to be as fun as it was.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Ya know, I'd actually be down for a Poké Park game.

Too soon for Sinnoh remakes!
I don't know about that but I certainly don't want my nostalgic Pokémon Black 2 remakes in 2023 so I'm glad they calmed down on the remakes. Really don't need the industry calling me old right now.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Smash Fans: We want the ARMS rep.
Nintendo: Here's more Pokemon content instead. Also here's an rabbit jump rope game while we're at it as well.

Last edited:

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
If they don't announce a Pokemon XD remake then I'm not interested.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Pokè Park or something like Battle Revolution would actually be pretty neat, no lie.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
On the bright side, there's exactly 2 weeks left of days in June. So (assuming there's no delays) the window of possible release dates is getting smaller and smaller. Something is going to happen soonish.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
They wouldn't do a Pokémon Battle Revolution. Everyone would face palm because the animations are better. :troll:
I played it when I was young, lol. I didn’t care how good/bad the game was I cared about “cool attack from cool Pokemon does lots of damage to bad guy”.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom