• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
If you consider 2 to be tame, then I honestly don't want to know what you consider extreme in terms of sexualization.
We live in a world where Food Wars, Senran Kagura, Interspecies Reviewer, Highschool of the Dead, Sword Art Online, many Shonen series like Fairy Tale, and SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy are a thing. There's more lewdness in the Project X Zone series then there is in Xenoblade 2. When it comes to the typical tropes of sexualization in teen rated Japanese media there's a whole lot missing in Xenoblade 2 that I will not go over at all on this site.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Na, it's really tame when compare to others games. Sure there as some blades with lewd designs, but the sexualisation is very minimal. Heck, they added swimsuit to the game for each character as DLC they're not the obvious fan service outfits like many other JRPGs have.
Maybe people take it wrong because this is a Nintendo game. Then again, so is No More Heroes. So, am not sure what's the problem. Maybe the first game and XBX didn't have this and it's a problem now? I mean, am not sure how I'd react if a game like Pokémon started to be heavy sexualised, so I get it.

blackghost

Smash Champion
I have not played xenoblade 2 so i cannot critique story bits or gameplay but seriously some people talk about the females in this game like they are naked or somehow are different from many other Japanese videogame or fiction female depictions. and they aren't. the two biggest anime out right now are my hero and one piece both have similar female character proportions.

hating a Japanese game for using a Japanese art syle is pointless.

and lastly no xenoblade 2 was not mixed reception as a whole. becuase xenoblade 2 was good people now are ready and excited for DF.

D

Deleted member

That's the logic I'm following. Waluigi and Toad are popular requests, but not big enough for Nintendo to advertise the remasters.
Inb4 the rumoured Mario 64 remake brings back multiple playable characters like in the DS remake and Waluigi is one of them.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Between debating over who the ARMS character would be and arguing over the XC2 designs, it may as well be literally two years ago.

All we need now is a fire starter vs. grass starter fight.

Last edited:

Calamitas

Smash Champion
We live in a world where Food Wars, Senran Kagura, Interspecies Reviewer, Highschool of the Dead, Sword Art Online, many Shonen series like Fairy Tale, and SNK Heroines: Tag Team Frenzy are a thing. There's more lewdness in the Project X Zone series then there is in Xenoblade 2. When it comes to the typical tropes of sexualization in teen rated Japanese media there's a whole lot missing in Xenoblade 2 that I will not go over at all on this site.
More than half of these aren't even video games. No one here was talking about actual anime series.

I have not played xenoblade 2 so i cannot critique story bits or gameplay but seriously some people talk about the females in this game like they are naked or somehow are different from many other Japanese videogame or fiction female depictions. and they aren't. the two biggest anime out right now are my hero and one piece both have similar female character proportions.

hating a Japanese game for using a Japanese art syle is pointless.
Can you please not act like excessive fanservice is Japanese cultural thing?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Repeat my post about the in-world reasoning for a design not making it good.

Quiet breathing through her skin in MGSV does not make her being naked 24/7 not stupid.
The worst part about that is the franchise. When I think of Metal Gear, I think of a ridiculous amount of detail, this is the same franchise that makes sure the gas mask in MGS1 only works on gas and not the one bit of water you'd need to backtrack to get to, the franchise where the game reminds you that you shot people in the groin and fed them vulture meat after said vultures ate a human corpse in MGS3, meanwhile Ms. Breathsthroughherskin doesn't have any problems if you put her in uniform covering her entire body. **** you Kojima, first you double down on making side content mandatory, now this. MGSV was a mistake
ever hear of divekick? the indie made fighting game that the fighting game community had a fieldday with years back? no, fighting games do not have to be complex nor do they need to give you multiple mechanics.
This is like the third time people bring up Divekick as it only has 2 buttons even though one of my examples also only has 2 buttons, forgetting that Divekick not only has more depth than ARMS, Divekick is literally a joke game

Goombaic

Smash Ace
Between debating over who the ARMS character would be and arguing over the XC2 designs, it may as well be literally two years ago.

No one likes Cinderace or Rillaboom so we'll be free of that.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904

Cinderace vs Rillaboom?

It's coming, just you wait.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Cinderace will get in and one of it's mechanics will be that you can force it to trip so as to simulate real life football players and their tendency for diving

I.D.

Smash Lord
The worst part about that is the franchise. When I think of Metal Gear, I think of a ridiculous amount of detail, this is the same franchise that makes sure the gas mask in MGS1 only works on gas and not the one bit of water you'd need to backtrack to get to, the franchise where the game reminds you that you shot people in the groin and fed them vulture meat after said vultures ate a human corpse in MGS3, meanwhile Ms. Breathsthroughherskin doesn't have any problems if you put her in uniform covering her entire body. **** you Kojima, first you double down on making side content mandatory, now this. MGSV was a mistake
I'm curious, what makes Quiet running around half naked because skin breathing so much more unacceptable than Kaine showing her buttcrack because spoiler or Tharja wearing full body skintight because living in a desert area?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Cinderace will get in and one of it's mechanics will be that you can force it to trip so as to simulate real life football players and their tendency for diving
I always called it Flopping.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm curious, what makes Quiet running around half naked because skin breathing so much more unacceptable than Kaine showing her buttcrack because spoiler or Tharja wearing full body skintight because living in a desert area?
Dude I ****ing said why in the post you replied to in the first place.
I always called it Flopping.
Ok this is so much funnier because Cinderace is involved as flops are a rabbit thing

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yes, the point of that line is that the Decidueye vs. Incineroar debate has/will shift to Rillaboom vs. Cinderace. Hence the lack of specificity to show the parallel.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Yes, the point of that line is that the Decidueye vs. Incineroar debate has/will shift to Rillaboom vs. Cinderace. Hence the lack of specificity to show the parallel.
I used to think needing an arbitrary Grass starter to even things out was stupid, probably because people were rallying for Sceptile.

Now I think it's neat because it's Baboom, who doesn't want Baboom? I don't want a third fire starter, that's what I know.

Last edited:

KillerCage

Smash Master
She said that in a livestream of the game, so you can go watch that fot yourself
Could you please provide a link to this livestream?
Sorry if this sounds lazy, but I don't have time for search for something that may or may not exist.
I will say something negative about XB2 for once: the character designs for most of the female Blades are distracting and harm the storytelling of the game.

D

Deleted member

I used to think needing an arbitrary Grass starter to even things out, probably because people were rallying for Sceptile.

Now I think it's neat because it's Baboom, who doesn't want Baboom? I don't want a third fire starter, that's what I know.
Baboom is like the only Gen 8 Pokemon I'd be fine with. Just for the memes.

I.D.

Smash Lord
It is bound to happen. It cannot but happen.

SKX31

Smash Master

Damn it. Smash speculation is really a Groundhog Day loop.

*Water starter fans wait in the corner for a surprise, as usual.*

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Baboom is like the only Gen 8 Pokemon I'd be fine with. Just for the memes.
The roles are reversed though. As Incineroar was kino, Baboom is the new kino heavyweight.

Other than that, you have the same team:

- Rival Opposite Starter Pokemon (Decidueye, Cinderace)
- Water Starter that no one thinks will get in (Primarina, Inteleon)
- Normal Mon Shill because "it's the gen mascot!" (Lycanroc i know it's rock don't shoot me, Sirfetch'd)
- That one guy who thinks it'd be a better idea to get a regional :pt: instead

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

The roles are reversed though. As Incineroar was kino, Baboom is the new kino heavyweight.

- Normal Mon Shill because "it's the gen mascot!" (Lycanroc i know it's rock don't shoot me, Sirfetch'd)
What is a kino? It sounds like a cucumber.

CodakTheWarrior

Smash Ace

And then there’s me, who want Toxtricity just bc he’s cool and has a unique typing

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Could you please provide a link to this livestream?
Sorry if this sounds lazy, but I don't have time for search for something that may or may not exist.
I will say something negative about XB2 for once: the character designs for most of the female Blades are distracting and harm the storytelling of the game.
What makes you think I have that kind of time to sit through a game I can't stand which when you try to blaze through and ignore everything that isn't going from point A to B takea 65 hours? I have an essential job so I'm not stuck at home all day, I'm not gonna comb through stream archives when you can just ask her on twitter and that the point even defends the actors instead of saying they aren't talented

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Maybe people take it wrong because this is a Nintendo game. Then again, so is No More Heroes. So, am not sure what's the problem. Maybe the first game and XBX didn't have this and it's a problem now? I mean, am not sure how I'd react if a game like Pokémon started to be heavy sexualised, so I get it.
Clearly many people haven't seen what all XBX had to offer in terms of side content where there's a lot of fanservice outfits and how the Japanese verson had a bust slider where you can make the chest bigger than Pyra's.
Wait, what?
Come on, you know. There's a lot of jiggle scenes during special moves, there's KOS-MOS's special moves, there's a lot of referencing to spanking when it comes to Reiji and Xiaomi interactions (including a skill move that can be used during the over map), there's a hot spring scene in Project X Zone 2, in Project X Zone 2's opening there's that one scene with Sheath and Saya. There's a lot of lewdness in that series, and there's more than what I reference.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom