• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperSmashStephen

Smash Ace
FP6: Ribbon Girl or Min Min
FP7: Rex & Pyra
FP8: Urshifu
FP9: Sora
FP10: Heihachi
FP11: Geno

Maybe replace one with Euden.

Ribbon Girl or Min Min because we know we are getting an ARMS character. Allegedly as a request. Ribbon Girl is also the face of the franchise alongside Spring Man and was revealed along side him. Min Min is the most popular fighter and the producer of ARMS favorite as well.

Rex & Pyra because time constraints are no longer an issue. (Ala an ARMS character now making it in.) Highly requested. Was originally planned to be in the game but wasn’t due to time.

Urshifu to promote the new Sword and Shield DLC. Not that it really needs the promotion but also because it’s Pokémon, and Pokémon sells. “But they had a Spirit Event.” That’s nice, but they can also just add more Spirits from Sword and Shield. They’ve got plenty to choose from, and we also don’t know what all the DLC will bring. Though Urshifu can only become one form during the game, many Pokémon have creative liberties when it comes to their Smash incarnation. Urshifu could change Forms or they may even decide to go with Kubfu.

Sora. Oh Sora, how I long for thee to be in Smash. I think now is the time. Kingdom Hearts is insanely popular. Huge in Japan. Sora is very highly requested. He will be our internet breaker this time around. People keep saying it’s not possibly because of Disney. People says he is disconfirmed because an insider’s speculation that was then immediately followed by that same insider saying he thinks he could be in the game. His reveal will be all that more astronomical because people have already said it couldn’t/wouldn’t be done.

Heihachi Mishima. I think this will be Nintendo saying thank you to Namco for helping development with the game. Sakurai wants him too, and has stated he was originally planned for Smash 4. Just like other characters before him that were supposed to be in one iteration but didn’t make it due to whatever reasons but are now in. I think Heihachi doubles as a thank you to Namco and Nintendo letting Sakurai have something he wants ala Terry Bogard.

Geno. Saving him for last would be incredible way to end Smash Ultimate DLC. It would make so many people in the Smash Community explode with joy and excitement. I don’t personally want or care for him but I know a lot of people do. Sakurai wants him as well and I think it’d be awesome for him to finally see this character come to realization in Smash.

Edit: This is all speculation. I am almost certainly wrong, but I do believe this list to be highly probable. Out of all the characters on this list, I only want one. Sora. Urshifu and Min Min would be cool. The others are just what I think we will get.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
EDIT: I'm having problems with smashboards right now, so I hope people can see it, because right now I can't...View attachment 267613
There doesn't seem to be an image there at all.

EDIT: Wait what? It just appeared in the quote when I posted. Either I'm unobservant or something weird just happened.
EDIT EDIT: It...doesn't seem to load though.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I mean, I'd say they had an opportunity with Splatoon in 4, though I completely understand them waiting until they knew they had a bonafide hit on their hands
Splatoon was just in the same vein as ARMS; it was too late. DLC for 4 was probably already planned well before Splatoon's release. If Smash 4 had a second round of DLC, Inklings probably would've made it.

Last edited:

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

EDIT: Wait what? It just appeared in the quote when I posted. Either I'm unobservant or something weird just happened.
images are down

based smashboards never fixing its problems as always

D

Deleted member

I'm so ****ing tired of people seeing someone on the internet called Gwen and assume they're talking to a guy, how much more obvious do I need to make it?
Gwen is a guy's name? I've only met women with that name.

Last edited by a moderator:

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman

I think I'm having internet problems on my end of the website. I'm sure I'll be able to get the image uploaded eventually lol.

D

Deleted member

What if the Arms rep was the small yellow thing which commentates matches and his moveset is using all the Arms fighters from the game's roster for specific moves?

Last edited by a moderator:

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Bit of a random question, but I'm curious.
Out of ALL the playable franchises currently in Smash, which one(s) would you add a new Fighter to?
:ultmario: - Waluigi Number One. He's one of my favorite Mario characters and his absence still kinda sucks. I'd rectify it immediately.

:ultlink: - Daruk. I love Gorons and think Daruk could be a really fun character. He may not be a recurring character but he's the literal representative of a very recurring species.

:ultpikachu: - Chandelure. It's literally the most popular Unova Pokémon, and it was incredibly fun in Pokken. It's also one of my all-time favorites.

:ultmarth: - Oh man how long do you guys have? To keep it comparably brief, Edelgard, Caeda, Celica. Slower armored character who can string together powerful hits to make up for the lack of mobility, a Pegasus Knight who is an aerial master with speed and power, but whose large size balances her out, and a magic swordswoman who powers up her spells by casting from her own health, making her the ultimate glass cannon. Also throw in Merric out of pure personal bias so I can have my dorky wind mage.

:ultsonic: - Dr. Eggman. The more mech users the better.

:ultvillager: - Blathers. I love owls. I love the museum. Let Blathers summon fish and bugs to attack and go Night at the Museum on people with his Final Smash as he reanimates a T-Rex fossil.

:ultlittlemac: - There are so many I'd love. Doc Louis makes a ton of sense as a Little Mac semiclone. Glass Joe is the ultimate joke character. King Hippo would be a great super heavyweight. Mr. Sandman would be a terrific Lightning Bruiser.

:ultryu: - Chun-Li. She just makes way too much sense. Also Dhalsim because he's my favorite.

:ultcloud: - Gonna go full bias and say Barret. He's my favorite FF7 character and he has a gatling gun for an arm.

:ultsimon: - Alucard would be literally perfect with all the cool things at his disposal. Also Sypha because she's a joy in the Netflix series.

:ulthero: - Put in Rab. I like Rab.

:ultbanjokazooie: - When Bear and Bird have Smashed on Switch, there's one more step: now add the Witch. For real though Gruntilda would be great.

Heoj

Smash Ace
I dont know about yall but when i hear the name gwen i think of ben 10s sister

P.Kat

Smash Champion
:ultjoker:
:ultbayonetta:Rodin, he's looks cool as **** and as the franchise's super boss, he certainly has more than enough to pull from, all that'd need toning down is the cigar and remove the aftermath of his Raging Demon
:ultcloud:Terra Branford, FF6 is one of the most highly praised FF games from what I can see, and while more 7 content is a neccesity, I think a more mage-y character could be fun alongside her Esper form
:ultdk:Dixie Kong, she's the only character who feels missing and Tropical Freeze got shafted kinda hard in Smash
:ulthero:I was considering saying Jessica Albert but I'm not sure how to handle her sex appeal (no literally it's a stat for her which gives her many sexy-themed abilities) so I'd say Erik, a quick knifewielder may already be in the game, but Erik's abilities include Rubblerouser and it's stronger version, which allow for stage control, and Doppelganger, which lets him hit 3 times in 1 attack, I'd like to see how this gets handled alongside his status effects
:ultjoker:Maya because people need to acknowledge Persona 1 and 2 goddammit
:ultkirby:Bandana Dee, like Dixie, very much feels missing, which is a shame, the little guy's cute as hell and has a goddamn Spearcoptor attack
:ultlink:Ghirahim, my favourite Zelda villain to watch, his snazzy look, his charming mannerisms, his diamond daggers! Yes, he pretty much has it all
:ultmario:Vivian, the Paper Mario games are beloved and no original character seems to be as beloved as the little ghost lady, ghosts aren't really a thing in Smash when it comes to playable characters so all the **** one could pull is exciting
:ultmarth:I wanna say Edelgard but I'm giving this to Claude, Smash's track record with bow wielders is laughably bad as Byleth is the only one who uses a bow differently from everyone else with a bow, and it's for their Nair. Plus, a seemingly once in a lifetime chance for an Arabic coded character for Smash
:ultmegaman:Zero needs more fighting games to be top tier in, cool character, crapton of moves and I'd say his AT is more than enough proof that Sakurai's aware of his fanfavourite status
:ultness:Kumatora, the character who had their gameplan stolen by Lucas, PSI is piterslly whatever the **** you want it to be in Smash, she's also a cool character in her own right
:ultpikachu:Aggron, how can you NOT adore a big ass metal dragon looking beast, Aggron's a badass with not one, but two types Smash has yet to explore, which leads to interesting ideas for moves, maybe they'll get Stealth Rock to temporarily block out a section of the stage, maybe they'll get Metal Burst which has Aggron absorb hits for as long as down B is held only to keep the charge and dispells the charge as an attack when pressed again. Good **** all around
:ultpit:Hades, a charismatic asshole who's well liked by pretty much the entire fandom, if people can suggest Medusa being scaled down, then Hades should too
:ultryu:Chun-Li, the first lady of fighting games, popular enough to score her own solo live action movie and possibly our first explicitly Chinese character in the game, say whatever you want, but admit it, as soon as you saw her name here, you knew exactly why she has the star power to get in the game
:ultsamus:Rhundas, he's pretty popular, has a godlike boss theme and Smash doesn't seem to use ice in many ways that Rhundas could
:ultshulk:Elma, Elma stands out from the rest of the cast visually, would be our second dual wielder and has a ****ton of cool **** to pull from. Also I feel bad for how little X has in Smash, even if it's because of music rights and I found X to be rather disappointing, Elma's such a unique Nintendo character from design alone to the point she's the only character in XB2 to not look like utter garbage when adapted to that game's artstyle
:ultsimon:SHANOAAAAAAAAA! Order of Ecclesia is the best ****ing CV game with the best goddamn OST and she may quite possibly have the most unique moveset out of anyone from her franchise, also I'm gay as ****
:ultsnake:Raiden, despite his controversial debut (Even though that was because Kojima pulled a fast one on the entire ****ing planet), he's became a very popular character in his own right by becoming a cyborg ninja. It doesn't really get much better than that tbh
:ultsonic:Blaze, she's one of the few of "Sonic's ****ty friends" that doesn't have any hatred towards them at all, her games also have a highly unique soundtrack which we REALLY should get more of, plus she has fire pillars, we have loads of fire attacks, but no fire pillars or using the fire to launch yourself like a rocket
:ult_terry:Leona. We all know why I want Leona over anyone else, if you don't understand why, then you either don't know me at all, are an uncultured swine or both
:ultvillager:Tom Nook. Destroy the kneecaps of the rich, yes yes?
:ultwario:Ashley, a surprisingly popular character who Nintendo is very much aware of how popular she is, I'd say the fact that Nintendo chose her to give a Monster Hunter-y design as crosspromotion should say enough, but her AT actually has a neat idea, a character who mostly relies on using status moves on enemies to fight, we have characters who can boost their own stats, but no characters who can reduce the stats of others
Terre, Zero, Chun-Li, Elma, and Blaze? Lady, you have good taste.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
What if the Splatoon rep was the small yellow thing which commentates matches and his moveset is using all the Arms fighters from the game's roster for specific moves?
Biff does seem to have ARMS, so they could do this, but that would be more of a slap in the face than adding Spring Man after the guessing game since no one really cares for the character.

RouffWestie

Smash Lord
What if the Splatoon rep was the small yellow thing which commentates matches and his moveset is using all the Arms fighters from the game's roster for specific moves?
I'm going to be in the minority when I say I'd get behind this idea the most. But it has .01% chance of happening, considering how it's not faithful to the spirit of Arms. Like even though liberties are taken with characters, you can tell this wouldn't be the way they'd represent it in Smash. On the off chance that they absolutely couldn't decide on a sole representative, not a single one, nor could they find a good compromise for a multiple-fighters-in-one type character, then I could see it happening.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now this is a good opinion.

What if we also got Syl/Sirvando as a fighter?

I would be 100% in for him.

I'm going to be in the minority when I say I'd get behind this idea the most. But it has .01% chance of happening, considering how it's not faithful to the spirit of Arms. Like even though liberties are taken with characters, you can tell this wouldn't be the way they'd represent it in Smash.
Yeah, I can understand that reasoning.

I personally feel positive on Min Min.

Aerospherology

Smash Lord
Bit of a random question, but I'm curious.
Out of ALL the playable franchises currently in Smash, which one(s) would you add a new Fighter to?
:ultmario:: Geno or Waluigi? Yes.
:ultkirby:: Bandana Waddle Dee
:ultpikachu:: Falinks, but that's just my bias. (also I want the non-Kanto mons to have unique victory themes for each region)
:ultness:: Porky Means Business! Also a mech user and a way to get more battle themes from the EB series.
:ultsonic:: Eggman, another mech user and a way to get his themes.
:ultbanjokazooie:: Gruntilda Has Got The Lasting Charm! FINAL BATTLE REMIX PLEASE

Last edited:

MrElectroG64

Smash Journeyman
Ok everybody. We've all discuss WHO it will be, but never HOW it will work.

Just how will an ARMS fighter play? How will the main gimmick of extendable arms be used? Will the full extension be their smash attacks? Will we be able to use the control stick to aim the fists while they’re moving in the air? Will they be mapped to the Standard Special? Will they be their jab?

Just how the ARMS rep will work is something that I initially thought was a no-brainer, due to the fighting nature of the characters already, but upon further inspection, there actually are a LOT of different ways to interpret an ARMS fighter’s moveset.

Last edited:

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Everyone's out here talking about another Dragon Quest fighter, but I think the series needs an item first:

Ok cause images aren't working right now I'll spell out the joke, it's the Ogler's Digest.

Last edited:

axel_

Smash Journeyman
I think I have even more reason to think it's Min Min now.

So, remember that glitch that happened with Bayonetta after that small buff in 7.0.0 that made her shield bigger?

This has happened before with Banjo and Hero with the Duck Hunt and Mii Swordfighter glitch that crashed the game, and most recently Byleth from a visual glitch with Simon and Richter charging their whips.

https://arch.b4k.co/v/thread/494706623/#494706623

Considering the similarities between these characters (Banjo and Duck Hunt both having somewhat similar features, Mii Swordfighter having multiple specials like Hero, and Byleth using a whip-like attack like the Belmonts) it's very safe to assume these characters were used as bases for development of the other characters.

So that would mean Fighter 6 would need to use Bayonetta as a base, someone with aerial kicks and plenty of range with normals and specials. And which ARMS character just so happens to use kicks to attack and deflect enemy attacks?

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

So, remember that glitch that happened with Bayonetta after that small buff in 7.0.0 that made her shield bigger?

This has happened before with Banjo and Hero with the Duck Hunt and Mii Swordfighter glitch that crashed the game, and most recently Byleth from a visual glitch with Simon and Richter charging their whips.

Considering the similarities between these characters (Banjo and Duck Hunt both having somewhat similar features, Mii Swordfighter having multiple specials like Hero, and Byleth using a whip-like attack like the Belmonts) it's very safe to assume these characters were used as bases for development of the other characters.

So that would mean Fighter 6 would need to use Bayonetta as a base, someone with aerial kicks and plenty of range with normals and specials. And which ARMS character just so happens to use kicks to attack and deflect enemy attacks?
This theory would work, if Banjo actually used Duck Hunt as a base instead of Ridley.

Also, even if it is Min Min, her kicks are likely to play a small role in the moveset so stretchy arms can take centre stage. As such, it really wouldn't make a ton of sense for Bayonetta to be used as a base for her kicks.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593

Means nothing considering Banjo's base wasn't Duck Hunt but Ridley.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Couldn't they just pull another Simon/Richter and have the ARMS fighter borrow kicks from Min Min for the sake of a complete moveset?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom