• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
Just got an email reminding me about buying the fighter's pass

ill get your pass.png

Last edited:

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
How exactly would that make any sense? She's not exactly a spirit ghost that floats behind Rex and unlike Kazooie, I don't exactly see a backpack to shove her into.
You see how when Arsene is summoned he appears behind Joker, pushed a little back in Z-Axis, mimic every single action Joker does and can never be separated. You have Pyra be like that but she stays on the battlefield permanently. No way of separating them like the Ice Climbers, for them they would look like two characters but act as one.
super_smash_bros_joker_11.jpg

Smash bros really is the only game where people will buy DLC not knowing what the ****s gonna be in it
You really don't know much about the PS3/360 and early PS4/Xbone era of gaming when it came to how most handled DLC.

Last edited:

MisterHollywood

Smash Apprentice
You see how when Arsene is summoned he appears behind Joker, pushed a little back in Z-Axis, mimic every single action Joker does and can never be separated. You have Pyra be like that but she stays on the battlefield permanently. No way of separating them like the Ice Climbers, for them they would look like two characters but act as one.View attachment 266946

You really don't know much about the PS3/360 and early PS4/Xbone era of gaming when it came to how most handled DLC.
Nah I’ve been on playstation since PS3, but lemme rephrase because you’re right

smash bros is the only game where people will buy the DLC when they should wait to see what’s in it and then get mad even tho they could’ve just waited to buy the ones they want

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
https://60th.sega.com/en/history/
SEGA just put up their 60th anniversary website up
Its history page has Sonic, Puyo Puyo, Sakura Wars, Yakuza, Virtua Fighter, Phantasy Star Online, Total War, Persona 5 and their famous arcade outputs as important goalmarks in the companies History

SO like if there's ever another SEGA character those are likely the ones to watch for in Smash

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
SO like if there's ever another SEGA character those are likely the ones to watch for in Smash
Nah, Persona would never get into Smash.

Jokes aside I think Virtua Fighter is one that might not get a fighter, and not because of Akira's AT or the Mii costumes. It's because the other FG characters are faithful enough to make me think Akira would be too complex and wouldn't have a proper up-B.

Last edited:

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
Its history page has Sonic, Puyo Puyo, Sakura Wars, Yakuza, Virtua Fighter, Phantasy Star Online, Total War, Persona 5 and their famous arcade outputs as important goalmarks in the companies History

No way sonic ever gets in.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407

i mean it's not like we've debated that it would be anyone not within that circle but just to clarify, it's totally kiryu's spot

but only if his final smash is karaoke

HansShotFirst20

Smash Ace
NNID
HanShot1st
i mean it's not like we've debated that it would be anyone not within that circle but just to clarify, it's totally kiryu's spot

but only if his final smash is karaoke
Ngl I'd prefer a sakura wars rep. Never played it, or even seen gameplay -- just want waifu DLC.

StarBot

Smash Lord
NNID
TheStarBot
Nah, Persona would never get into Smash.

Jokes aside I think Virtua Fighter is one that might not get a fighter, and not because of Akira's AT or the Mii costumes. It's because the other FG characters are faithful enough to make me think Akira would be too complex and wouldn't have a proper up-B.
Sorta related to Smash, but they also include MUSHIKING

Didn't Sakurai help desgin that?

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
20200325_041143.jpg

7 years since SMTIV... At this point, I'll take a trailer for SMTV over a smash character trailer.

Last edited:

Kokiden

Smash Ace
I can't believe it, but I got a copy of Persona 5 Royal today. It got released here 1 week earlier in Australia.

Got a new game to take my time with while waiting for Fighter 6 news, and FF7 Remake.

Anyway, let's see if we're getting a Direct tomorrow. If we do, I'm still 50/50 on whether there's going to be any info on the next Fighter.

Now is a good time as any to at least just reveal who it is, even if there won't be any gameplay footage. Seeing as people are staying in their homes, it would be nice to have multiple things to look forward to, this being one of them.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Delzethin's idea for Rex sucks. Just have Pyra be attach to Rex like Arsene with Joker. Special Attacks are Driver Attacks, Pyra handles the Smash Attack by using Blade Arts. And Down Special switches between Pyra and Mythra which changes attack, speed, and defense attributes. Screw the affinity gimmick.

But what he say at the beginning is untrue, if the newcomer selection is extremely limited (only can make 7 characters) and your character lost to generic enemy #3 really shows how pathetic that characters is and wasn't worth considering to be playable. They just have to stay in the loser trash can for all of Ultimate.
What about the idea of Rex functioning like Pokemon Trainer only the opposite with him him fighting and his blades (Pyra, Mythra and Nia) in the background?
I was desperate for a direct a week ago, but now that I have Doom to occupy every cell of my brain I think I'm OK if we don't get a direct.
Ditto here. I got myself Spawn in MK11 to keep me happy. Dude is basically the Banjo-Kazooie of Mortal Kombat.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
what the **** did you just say
Uhhh hey do me a favor? You and Spikester, and everyone else just open this tab down here...
giphy (1).gif
You don't know anything about the character Nia from Xenoblade 2, you also don't know much about blades, or any spoilers.

As for you...
What about the idea of Rex functioning like Pokemon Trainer only the opposite with him him fighting and his blades (Pyra, Mythra and REDACTED) in the background?
You don't know anything about Nia either, or anything pertaining to spoilers. You've just discovered Xenoblade 2 for the first time and can't wait to play it.

Everyone else, disregard anything you hear about Nia.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

They technically could always announce it at any time, the Animal Crossing one was announce in a later time then usual
Either way, it'll probably be when I wake up tomorrow.

Good night. Keep me updated.

chocolatejr9

Smash Hero
Uhhh hey do me a favor? You and Spikester, and everyone else just open this tab down here...
You don't know anything about the character Nia from Xenoblade 2, you also don't know much about blades, or any spoilers.

As for you...

You don't know anything about Nia either, or anything pertaining to spoilers. You've just discovered Xenoblade 2 for the first time and can't wait to play it.

Everyone else, disregard anything you hear about Nia.
Well, I needed an excuse to play XC2 New game+...

Eldrake

Smash Lord

TotalWarbros, it's finally time for Total War General to shine :4pacman:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
What about the idea of Rex functioning like Pokemon Trainer only the opposite with him him fighting and his blades (Pyra, Mythra and Nia) in the background?
If we're going with the Pokémon Trainer approach, then I would go with Pyra/Mythra (they have the same moveset with slightly different attributes), Roc (the rush down moveset that gives you dual...sickles? I forgot what they were), and Wulfric (The heavy hitter moveset that gives you a spear). Of these, Wulfric isn't a personal blade (I gave him to Nia), but he is a guaranteed blade early on in the game so most Xenoblade Chronicles 2 players have at least seen him in his boss fight and gotten the Beastly Core Crystal.

If we were to play around with spoilery abilities, I'd give him Dromarch and Poppi.

Though I do think the Blades should have a bit more agency than just giving Rex his weapon of choice.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Sorta related to Smash, but they also include MUSHIKING

Didn't Sakurai help desgin that?
All I know about this game is that Yakuza has a playable parody of it in the Club Sega arcades where the bugs are girls dressed up as bugs.

this is a chaotic version of wanting a female character and idk how to feel about it
At least he has priorities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom