• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeldasmash

Smash Lord
Bruh id even be content with F-Zero GX HD with online
Agreed. Just add in a track editor and Boom! Hell, just online multiplayer with a track editor is enough to sell a pitch on a new F-Zero.

I'd say the same. If that were the case we should always have Smash Bros-focused Directs rather than having the community toiling over Smash news on an announcement focused on other games.
I do agree that Smash should have it's own Directs then being in general ones because that's all a lot people expect, at least that's what chats show. I do think they should show at least teases or Update news on general Directs.

SNEKeater

Smash Master
Nintendo direct live chats usually make me believe that most people only care about Nintendo directs solely for Smash....to which they get disappointed because it's not THEIR character.
I never look at the chat when a direct happens because some people are really cringey. I mean I love Smash but some people are very annoying spamming "SMASH".

Smash news being exclusive to Smash directs seems like a good idea but people would ask for Smash news in the general Directs anyway.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Nintendo direct live chats usually make me believe that most people only care about Nintendo directs solely for Smash....to which they get disappointed because it's not THEIR character.
That and Pokemon Snap 2.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
bayonetta 3, metroid prime 4, shin megami tensei 5
Can we get a sequel that will never come out with a 2 or 6 at the end too? Sakurai might be able to count in binary but I count in never-releasing Switch exclusives
Well then it looks like we're getting The World Ends With You 2 and Grand Theft Auto VI so that fake leak that said GTAVI was a Switch exclusive was right.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well then it looks like we're getting The World Ends With You 2 and Grand Theft Auto VI so that fake leak that said GTAVI was a Switch exclusive was right.
dude dude what if... Neku for Smash with a TWEWY 2 announcement?! aaaaa i need this

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Whatever the Live Chat says literally doesn't matter. It's the most invalid thing ever. Right now Smash Bros is the least exciting thing when compare to what other plans Nintendo has for 2020.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Whatever the Live Chat says literally doesn't matter. It's the most invalid thing ever. Right now Smash Bros is the least exciting thing when compare to what other plans Nintendo has for 2020.
Ah yes, the biggest crossover in history is less exciting than Sword and shield DLC!

wynn728

Banned via Warnings
Ah yes, the biggest crossover in history is less exciting than Sword and shield DLC!
Smash News is more exciting then SwSh DLC, but Smash News just doesn't feel that exciting either. Honestly kind of wish they just stop working on Ultimate.

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Smash News is more exciting then SwSh DLC, but Smash News just doesn't feel that exciting either. Honestly kind of wish they just stop working on Ultimate.
Then...maybe you no longer have any reason to be in this thread.

Other than the fact that you were only ever here in the first place to provoke people.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I am now extremely curious on how you would respond if spirits/ATs are promoted in this pass.

D

Deleted member

Probably it's due to you not getting the characters you want?

D

Deleted member

You can also just stop following Ultimate if it bores you. Seems like the more healthy response.

https://nintendoeverything.com/nint...ployees-who-were-in-contact-self-quarantined/

Well looks like Nintendo of America is in quarantine mode. May or may not have affect on a the Nintendo Direct localization if it isn't finished already.
Seems like it's just a single employee from a single branch. Wouldn't start making assumptions yet, doubly so since employees can work at home now.

Last edited by a moderator:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Honestly kind of wish they just stop working on Ultimate.
That's not a phrase I'd ever think I'd hear here...or anywhere else for that matter. Judging by the fact that you're here quite often I'd wager you're burned out on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, newcomer/DLC speculation, or both. In which case I'd recommend you take a break from either or both and see how you feel about either activity later.

Or you just don't like Super Smash Bros. and came here to cause trouble but if that was the case I don't think you'd seem nearly as passionate or make half as much sense as you do. At least, I haven't seen you make a "Doom's protagonist shouldn't be in the game because his Final Smash would be the B.F.G., and someone could tell a small child what the 'F' stands for" tier argument.

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
That's not a phrase I'd ever think I'd hear here...or anywhere else for that matter. Judging by the fact that you're here quite often I'd wager you're burned out on Super Smash Bros. Ultimate, newcomer/DLC speculation, or both. In which case I'd recommend you take a break from either or both and see how you feel about either activity later.

Or you just don't like Super Smash Bros. and came here to cause trouble but if that was the case I don't think you'd seem nearly as passionate or make half as much sense as you do. At least, I haven't seen you make a "Doom's protagonist shouldn't be in the game because his Final Smash would be the B.F.G., and someone could tell a small child what the 'F' stands for" tier argument.
Bio Force Gun?

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm going to be blunt about this.

Super Smash Bros should have died. It has a boring world with uninteresting characters and the series focuses on the most boring aspects of it's setting. "Oh no, Mario has to fight with Kirby". Like wow, really interesting storytelling. If I wanted to play a fun platform fighter, I'd play Play Station All-Stars Battle Royale because that game allows you to play as cyborgs, demon hunters, a raccoon, a god, a superhero named Cole MacGrath and a girl named Kat who has a cat that allow you to control gravity.

Last edited:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Super Smash Bros should have died. It has a boring world with uninteresting characters and the series focuses on the most boring aspects of it's setting. "Oh no, Mario has to fight with Kirby". Like wow, really interesting storytelling. If I wanted to play a fun platform fighter, I'd play Play Station All-Stars Battle Royale because that game allows you to play as cyborgs, demon hunters, a raccoon, a god, a superhero named Cole MacGrath and a girl named Kat who has a cat that allow you to control gravity.
I hope this snowclone never dies because it's honestly the best thing in existence.

krokotopia101

Smash Apprentice

.........What the hell...?

Dalek_Kolt

Smash Master
.........What the hell...?
I know we just had a guy explaining that the reason why Terry is in Smash is because Sakurai and SNK man are gay lovers, but jokes do exist on this board.

Though this particular joke was from a...marginally more eloquent user.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I'm honestly curious to see what Nintendo's big holiday game will be this year.

Pokemon's off the table because the Sw/Sh DLC and it seemed like BotW2 needs a little longer to cook judging by the lack of gameplay at E3. Maybe Super Mario Odyssey 2?
I'm really hoping for a New Star Fox game. C'mon Nintendo, there's at least one on all your consoles (except the Wii).

I'd hope that it'd play like Adventure, and Assault, and would be open world/Galaxy like No Man's Sky(with the whole atmospheric lift off/re-entry and traveling to distant planets to save them/interact with the natives).

It would have all of Star Fox (Add Krystal back in the game dang it!), and has online multiplayer.

Starlink: Battle for Atlas: interested in Star Fox? Allow me to introduce myse-

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm not willing to bet on a Direct next week, but I'm still hoping to now that we still have yet to gain a set of announcements for March.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Bio Force Gun?
From what I understand that's the movie's rebranding of it but the original and more common name is big effing gun. Even so it's still a stupid argument.

I'm not willing to bet on a Direct next week, but I'm still hoping to now that we still have yet to gain a set of announcements for March.
Wasn't one confirmed for March 26th? If so I highly doubt we'd get a direct two weeks in a row.

Calamitas

Smash Champion
Wasn't one confirmed for March 26th? If so I highly doubt we'd get a direct two weeks in a row.
Not confirmed, but very heavily rumored, with the source being covered my multiple gaming outlets. There's also supposedly a Nindies presentation next week, so by then we'll know if this checks out.

I'm really hoping for a New Star Fox game. C'mon Nintendo, there's at least one on all your consoles
There was a Star Fox game on Wii?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom