• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
B-but Idon? Didn't Dante's creator deconfirm him?
Yeah... but then again Grant Kirkhope went up and down the streets saying Banjo wasn't in Smash and that he was never contacted by Nintendo and yadda yadda yadda.

So I'm hoping that there's an infinitesimally small chance that Itsuno and Matt Walker are just lying to throw us off.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yeah... but then again Grant Kirkhope went up and down the streets saying Banjo wasn't in Smash and that he was never contacted by Nintendo and yadda yadda yadda.

So I'm hoping that there's an infinitesimally small chance that Itsuno and Matt Walker are just lying to throw us off.
Touche although I recall Kirkhope said "Dont count on it" as in not as likely as we made it out to be but not exactly a straight out deconfirmation.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
What does everyone think of the Undertale/Waluigi leak gaining a tiny bit of heat?
I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it. It predicted everything about the two E3 reveal trailers accurately and even predicted BOTW 2.

That said, even though I want it to be true, I still think it's fake and just another loz18 who knew E3 stuff accurately but doesn't know anything else. Frisk and Waluigi seem like pretty trolly characters to me.

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it. It predicted everything about the two E3 reveal trailers accurately and even predicted BOTW 2.

That said, even though I want it to be true, I still think it's fake and just another loz18 who knew E3 stuff accurately but doesn't know anything else. Frisk and Waluigi seem like pretty trolly characters to me.
Yeah, I believe Genos just confirmed he knows the person who has supposedly leaked it too. They are an admin on his discord

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Yeah, she may be not even a fighting game character.

Doomguy, straight up a gaijin character from a gaijin game. The green Samus with a real gun. Maybe Master Chief is more well known. The other green Samus with a real gun. Most of them can't even tell the difference between Dommguy and Chief. Or maybe thinking they're literally the same character from the same franchise.
Ryu Hayabusa, they know he is probably the last big third party icon from the NES era. Understandable, but I think still people find him as a gaijin pick. I mean he is a ninja after all so yeah.
I have to think DOOM isn't a complete unknown in Japan.

Famitsu readers voted it the 20th best shooter (not FPS, SHOOTER) or all time in 2017.

https://gonintendo.com/stories/2809...-their-top-20-first-person-third-person-shoot

1560750156387.png

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Got a link to this one? I'm wholly unfamiliar.
Yeah! It's been making the rounds today. Discord admin predicted almost all of Ninty's E3, including Hero's specific name and says Frisk from Undertale and Waluigi are the final two.

forest.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

SirCamp

Smash Ace
Yeah! It's been making the rounds today. Discord admin predicted almost all of Ninty's E3, including Hero's specific name and says Frisk from Undertale and Waluigi are the final two.

View attachment 228315
Interesting. If true, the fighter's pass will end in a way I never would have predicted... lol

I'm not at all familiar with Undertale, so I don't really know what is meant by the last line about K. Rool's positioning at the end being a hint. Is he implying that K. Rool being under a rock is a hint at Undetale because he's... under something? or is it deeper than that? Because it's pretty clearly a reference to Banjo-Kazooie. Reading into that anymore seems a little suspect.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord

View attachment 228315
Sounds like a situation where someone found out about the E3 presentation and named the big reveals like BotW2 to make sure their leak got attention and then just started naming characters for people to believe are getting in.

Didn’t that LoZ18 guy do the exact same thing? Also I believe it was Reggie(?) who stated the Fighter Pass would bring in new IP’s to Smash? Waluigi wouldn’t do that.

Last edited:

ChronoKatie

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cocobrien
Switch FC
7004 2762 0628
Sounds like a situation where someone found out about the E3 presentation and named the big reveals like BotW2 to make sure their leak got attention and then just started naming characters for people to believe are getting in.

Didn’t that LoZ18 guy do the exact same thing? Also I believe it was Reggie(?) who stated the Fighter Pass would bring in new IP’s to Smash? Waluigi wouldn’t do that.
I thought the same, however, I believe the person who posted it is an admin of Geno's server, which might make them less likely to do something like LoZ? Papa also confirmed he's known about this leak for a few weeks.

StormC

Smash Hero
I remain highly skeptical of anyone who claims to have each character. Hero and Banjo were both individually leaked.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I remain highly skeptical of anyone who claims to have each character. Hero and Banjo were both individually leaked.
I'd be more interested in looking at leaks that said the DQ 11 Hero with skins than 'Erdrick,' because there were a couple out there.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord

View attachment 228315
I didn't notice the K. Rool part before. Wow! That would be amazing and hilarious if the supposed Frisk trailer begins with K. Rool falling into the world of monsters and having continuity with the Banjo trailer.
Interesting. If true, the fighter's pass will end in a way I never would have predicted... lol

I'm not at all familiar with Undertale, so I don't really know what is meant by the last line about K. Rool's positioning at the end being a hint. Is he implying that K. Rool being under a rock is a hint at Undetale because he's... under something? or is it deeper than that? Because it's pretty clearly a reference to Banjo-Kazooie. Reading into that anymore seems a little suspect.
Undertale begins with the main character(frisk) falling into the world of monsters which exists underground and is the setting in which undertale takes place. I believe that's what he was referring to with K. Rool going underground at the end of the banjo trailer.
Also I believe it was Reggie(?) who stated the Fighter Pass would bring in new IP’s to Smash? Waluigi wouldn’t do that.
This is a common misconception that won't die. Reggie stated that all the characters would be "new to smash" meaning newcomers, not new IPs. Waluigi has never been playable in Smash before and would then be "new to smash" if he were to get in. I still am leaning towards agreeing with you though that this is probably just a case of someone having insider info on E3 and nothing more.

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
I didn't notice the K. Rool part before. Wow! That would be amazing and hilarious if the supposed Frisk trailer begins with K. Rool falling into the world of monsters and having continuity with the Banjo trailer.

Undertale begins with the main character(frisk) falling into the world of monsters which exists underground and is the setting in which undertale takes place. I believe that's what he was referring to with K. Rool going underground at the end of the banjo trailer.

This is a common misconception that won't die. Reggie stated that all the characters would be "new to smash" meaning newcomers, not new IPs. Waluigi has never been playable in Smash before and would then be "new to smash" if he were to get in. I still am leaning towards agreeing with you though that this is probably just a case of someone having insider info on E3 and nothing more.
Okay... well obviously the DLC characters would be “new to smash” as in never been playable since every character that’s ever been playable is already in. So I don’t think that’s what he meant. Because that would be obvious.

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul
This is a common misconception that won't die. Reggie stated that all the characters would be "new to smash" meaning newcomers, not new IPs. Waluigi has never been playable in Smash before and would then be "new to smash" if he were to get in.
I mean, after "Everyone is here!" isn't that completely unavoidable? There are no characters who can return now, so why point that out?

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Okay... well obviously the DLC characters would be “new to smash” as in never been playable since every character that’s ever been playable is already in. So I don’t think that’s what he meant. Because that would be obvious.
I mean, after "Everyone is here!" isn't that completely unavoidable? There are no characters who can return now, so why point that out?
Here's the video. Reggie is clearly explaining what the challenger pack is and how it's going to work to a large VGA audience that has a sizable amount of people who likely know little about Smash and Nintendo. It's a message not intended for just Nintendo fans and it's honestly just banter with the VGA guy when it comes down to it so it's hard to take anything from it as law.

Start watching at 3:00

StrawHatX

Smash Lord
Here's the video. Reggie is clearly explaining what the challenger pack is and how it's going to work to a large VGA audience that has a sizable amount of people who likely know little about Smash and Nintendo. It's a message not intended for just Nintendo fans and it's honestly just banter with the VGA guy when it comes down to it so it's hard to take anything from it as law.

He says new to the series. I take that as not having any presence currently in the game. Joker, Hero, and Banjo all fit that. Waluigi doesn’t.

Don’t get me wrong. If Waluigi made it playable then I’d be psyched because I want Isaac playable and I don’t expect that will happen because he’s an AT. If Waluigi upgrades then anything is possible. I don’t see it though.

Last edited by a moderator:

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

View attachment 228315
Damn that's spookily accurate. Still, Frisk and Waluigi seem far-fetched so I lean towards 'had the Direct and decided to add their own fake ****'.

Polan

Smash Lord

View attachment 228315
waluigi would be such an underwhelming pick. literally everyone else stuck in AT hell is a much better choice than him so i'm praying that this is some goober that got legit direct information and then threw their own bull**** in.

KingBroly

Smash Lord

View attachment 228315
There are a lot of reasons why I think this is fake, namely the BOTW2 part, since that wasn't even shown to Journalists prior to the Direct. Stephen Totilo said the NDA'd Direct ended with Banjo for those Journalists.

Last edited:

Nquoid

Smash Ace
The more I think about it, the more I'd love to see Amatersu and KOS-MOS. Just for the fun of them doubling as Capcom and Namco reps AND Platinum and Monolith characters.

(Also is Hideki Kamiya the only game director, where every game he's directed has a character who's a perfect fit for Smash?)

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend
There are a lot of reasons why I think this is fake, namely the BOTW2 part, since that wasn't even shown to Journalists prior to the Direct. Stephen Totilo said the NDA'd Direct ended with Banjo for those Journalists.
If it wasn't screened for journalists, doesn't that mean the person has actual inside sources then?

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
The reasoning that this is fake because it predicted something that shouldn't have been predictable doesn't quite work imo.

Vycoul

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vycoul

-snip-
True, a lot of times PR talk ends up being completely meaningless fluff.
But, so far at the end of each character's trailer we see "Smash Bros x ______" The blank space conveniently being a new series each time. That gives this train of thought a pretty good leg to stand on.

What would they do at the end of Waluigi's trailer?
Smash Bros x Mario Bros?
Smash Bros x Wario Bros?
Smash Bros x Waluigi?

None of those really make much sense to me.

Last edited:

Nquoid

Smash Ace
True, a lot of times PR talk ends up being completely meaningless fluff.
But, so far at the end of each character's trailer we see "Smash Bros x ______" The blank space conveniently being a new series each time. That gives this train of thought a pretty good leg to stand on.

What would they do at the end of Waluigi's trailer?
Smash Bros x Mario Bros?
Smash Bros x Wario Bros?
Smash Bros x Waluigi?

None of those really make much sense to me.
Smash Bros x Dance Dance Revolution Mario Mix.

The only game with Waluigi as the lead villain.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Given some of the newcomers so far having been all fan demand over the years. It honestly wouldn't surprise me one bit if the final two were Crash and Geno. The latter especially given even Sakurai had wanted him since Brawl.

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Given some of the newcomers so far having been all fan demand over the years. It honestly wouldn't surprise me one bit if the final two were Crash and Geno. The latter especially given even Sakurai had wanted him since Brawl.
Joker and the DQ Hero weren't heavily demanded characters yet they got in. Fan demand isn't everything.

StormC

Smash Hero
I wouldn't take fan demand as the end all be all for this Fighters Pass. I also really doubt we're getting Geno when you consider the three characters we've had so far are new franchises.

Spirits deconfirm.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
Not only that, I don't think that Sakurai would put two classic platforming mascots in the Fighter Pass.

D

Deleted member

I’ll hope for Crash since he is the only one left of my most wanted in Ultimate.

However, nobody should use these theories as their only arguments on Crash’s favour, since the bandicoot has actual stronger and reasonable points on his favour like the DQ Hero and Banjo did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom