• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhostRoy

Smash Apprentice
Grand Rapids, MI United States of America
NNID
RoyUchiha
Imagine Neku being one of those surprise picks for DLC. Say if Sakurai couldn't get Sora he decided to use Neku as the next option.

Even then I dunno why but I'm feeling The World Ends With You is going to get an Spirit Board/Event.
In my opinion Neku has a better character overall as well as an even more unique moveset then Sora does so I wouldn't be mad.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
All this talk of music makes me wish some spirit events had music just so we could get This is What You Are/Smiles From Juran/We All Lift Together from Warframe

Proceleon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Proceleon
3DS FC
2423-2553-2839
Switch FC
SW-6226-7752-8603
Not to talk **** but a certain community likes to shut down sora like that even if he is just mentioned slightly
"I would like sora"
" Nope. Disney. Sorry"
"But KH has loads of original stuff they can use"
"Disney said no (which is a lie), so no"
I think the question is more like "Would Sakurai insist on representing Sora as accurately as possible?" Because if so, that means Disney, which means no Sora, but if Sakurai's okay with twisting Sora's representation slightly he may get around Disney by only including KH originals. It depends how close to Disney Sakurai's willing to go.

GhostRoy

Smash Apprentice
Grand Rapids, MI United States of America
NNID
RoyUchiha
I think the question is more like "Would Sakurai insist on representing Sora as accurately as possible?" Because if so, that means Disney, which means no Sora, but if Sakurai's okay with twisting Sora's representation slightly he may get around Disney by only including KH originals. It depends how close to Disney Sakurai's willing to go.
Sora is a disney character himself so him getting in would represent disney already.

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
I mean, nothing Sora does in game is represented by Disney characters outside of summons and a few forms. If there wasn't a stage coming with him I feel like it would be a sure thing, or at least more likely

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Eh I take back what I said about TWEWY getting an Spirit Board/Event. Now that I think about it I find Neku's chances to be overlooked especially if Sora doesn't work out in getting in.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Eh I take back what I said about TWEWY getting an Spirit Board/Event. Now that I think about it I find Neku's chances to be overlooked especially if Sora doesn't work out in getting in.
Sora and Neku are also both designed by Tetsuya Nomura, who has worked with Sakurai before (Cloud’s 4 Poster)

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
That and I can also imagine Sakurai deciding to go with Neku instead because to try and make Sora stay true to his source material having Disney involved might be as difficult as implementing Heihachi.

Last edited:

SKX31

Smash Master
By the way, how's the situation of coronavirus? Something will affect Smash Bros Ultimate?
While Japan has currently the 5th highest number of confirmed cases (close to 300). it isn't as bad as China, South Korea, Italy or Iran (who all have 1000+ cases) and the number of new cases is slowing down in Japan currently. However, the virus can reenter a country, so I wouldn't call it completely safe for Sakurai and his DLC dev crew until the disease completely abates. Which won't be for a while.

It could delay development if it gets to one or more of the dev crew, but we won't know unless Nintendo / Sakurai comes out with a statement.

Sora and Neku are also both designed by Tetsuya Nomura, who has worked with Sakurai before (Cloud’s 4 Poster)
It's a major shame they couldn't get more of Uetmatsu's music (considering Uetmatsu worked on Brawl's OST). Must've been licensing fees or something similar TBF. But ah well, what happened simply happened.

Last edited:

M@R!3

Smash Ace
He doesn't need them. No twisting required.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Now that I've taken some time to see what certain games are all about (ones I haven't played I mean), I feel as though I definitely want at least one pick in the pass to be from a game I haven't played or I'm not familiar with. Sure, there are plenty of characters I want in the game that I think would be really cool, but there's something cool about there being a new face you're not as familiar with.

I haven't played games like Rune Factory, Danganronpa, No More Heroes...seeing a character from those types of games would be a breath of fresh air for me, as I'd probably end up playing the games with them making it into Smash. Though...I've developed plans to play those games regardless of them getting into Smash at this point. I have to stop though, because MY BACKLOG IS SO MASSIVE ALREADY.

Halp. Please.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Anyway more people seriously considering and seeing the potential in Neku warms my soul

friendly reminder there’s also a Neku thread linked in my sig. I didn’t make it, but it exists sooooo

Pallex

Smash Journeyman
Last edited:

NurpNurp

Smash Journeyman
I haven't played games like Rune Factory, Danganronpa, No More Heroes...seeing a character from those types of games would be a breath of fresh air for me,
I know it's wrong of me, but I have such a negative association with Danganronpa because everyone I've met personally who have played the series have been jerks.

I shouldn't blame the game, but I just dislike it by association

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The Fighter’s Pass Volume 2 card has a physical release dated of March 23, 2020.
If it’s like before where the first Fighter’s Pass card came when Joker was revealed then we are in for another reveal soon.
20191212_172925.jpg

The moment of truth is upon us boys, let's see who gets BTFO'd in mii form this time.

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
Neku is only fine if we get 24 remix of Twister.
Otherwise I'm boycotting him- /s

SvartWolf

Smash Champion
The Fighter’s Pass Volume 2 card has a physical release dated of March 23, 2020.
https://www.smashbros.com/ja_JP/products/dlc.html#section01
If it’s like before where the first Fighter’s Pass card came when Joker was revealed then we are in for another reveal soon.
Only 3 days post AC release... which menas that once animal crossing is here, i won't have to wait, and i will have Animal crossing to reduce my anxiety and melt away every brutality in the world (for at least some time) :D

I really doubtwe are getting another AC character.. but i would genuinely love an New horizon stage, with the new villagers renders that are amazing.
Wouldn't say no either to a spirit event. and i think a new horizon spirit event would be pretty cool :)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I know it's wrong of me, but I have such a negative association with Danganronpa because everyone I've met personally who have played the series have been jerks.

They’re just a vocal minority. The silent majority like me is pretty chill

do beware of ppl who like to drop spoilers on newbies just to troll though. Best to isolate yourself from any social media feeds related to the game until you beat each game

D

Deleted member

Now that I've taken some time to see what certain games are all about (ones I haven't played I mean), I feel as though I definitely want at least one pick in the pass to be from a game I haven't played or I'm not familiar with. Sure, there are plenty of characters I want in the game that I think would be really cool, but there's something cool about there being a new face you're not as familiar with.

I haven't played games like Rune Factory, Danganronpa, No More Heroes...seeing a character from those types of games would be a breath of fresh air for me, as I'd probably end up playing the games with them making it into Smash. Though...I've developed plans to play those games regardless of them getting into Smash at this point. I have to stop though, because MY BACKLOG IS SO MASSIVE ALREADY.

Halp. Please.
Play what you like is my only advice. You'll cross it off eventually. Or if not, it probably wasn't a game worth checking. (Also make a list so you're not disorganized.)

I'd say give it a chance. I love a good murder mystery story--and its gameplay structure is virtually similar to Ace Attorney. If you're lazy like me, you can just look up a playthrough on YouTube.

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322

Halp. Please.
When No More Heroes 1+2 and the Danganronpa trilogy get ported to switch you should definitely check em out ^^
Best thing to do while waiting for the next video game announcement or game is just... Playing games

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Play what you like is my only advice. You'll cross it off eventually. Or if not, it probably wasn't a game worth checking. (Also make a list so you're not disorganized.)

I'd say give it a chance. I love a good murder mystery story--and its gameplay structure is virtually similar to Ace Attorney. If you're lazy like me, you can just look up a playthrough on YouTube.
I mainly organize it based on the weather here in Buffalo. During the winter, we get a ton of snow and it gets quite cold. I don't go outside often during that time after work, so I've been mainly focused on console games and SOME Switch games. That's why I've gotten through NieR Automata and the Witcher 3, while also getting through Half-Life 2. I've played some Switch games to break it up though because I have quite a bit to get through.

Once late Spring/Summer roll around, I've got a butt ton of Switch and 3DS games to play. Tales of Vesperia, Dragon Quest 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, Radiant Historia, Ace Attorney 1-4, Fire Emblem Shadow Dragon just to name a few.

Still have plenty of home console games though. Dark Souls 1-3, Bloodborne, Sekiro, Control, Death Stranding, Outer Worlds...plenty of other older games as well. That doesn't even include Animal Crossing, FF7 Remake, RE3 Remake, etc

Hoping to be at a point soon where I can just...slow down with purchasing new games. This looks to be a slower year than most, so I can take some solace in that lol.

andree123

Smash Ace
https://www.smashbros.com/ja_JP/products/dlc.html#section01
Here is a image proof.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

I would, no pun intended, kill to have Danganronpa on switch

Sestetz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sestetz
Switch FC
SW-8244-4802-5322
If they're doing a physical card release surely the reveal of a character isn't too far after. June is the max that I think they'd take to reveal, e3 being the do or die

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Next game ain't happen for a long time, most like 2-3 years after releasing there next console. It's a long to continue support for a character already dead in the water.
Well, considering that the rosters for these things are decided a long time before the game comes out, a long time before the game comes out is the correct time to be supporting your character.

Little Mac's up-smash for some reason sets people on fire.
Burning spirit!

Last edited:

Nekoo

Smash Master
NNID
Almazu
3DS FC
0259-0278-5162
At least, if we HAVE to wait E3, I think we can mostly all agree that whatever Characters is there, will be some sort of Big name/Heavy hitter, whenever it's Dante, Master chief, 2B, Heihachi or Sora

D

Deleted member

At least, if we HAVE to wait E3, I think we can mostly all agree that whatever Characters is there, will be some sort of Big name/Heavy hitter, whenever it's Dante, Master chief, 2B, Heihachi or Sora
Somehow I feel doubtful. We've been discussing these specific heavy hitters for months and we haven't seen them once for Wave 1.

Last edited by a moderator:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Somehow I feel doubtful. We've been discussing these specific heavy hitters for months and we haven't seen them once for Wave 1.
Eh, I would say DQ is bigger than some "big" names people throw around, at least for Japan.

Though, I have a feeling that we still might have gotten Hero even if DQ wasn't so big, considering how important it is to its genre, similar to Fatal Fury.

Seanapotamus

Smash Journeyman
Happy Tuesday everyone. Since it's Tuesday, that means we'll see if someone gets deconfirmed by a spirit event announcement.

Please don't be DMC

Faso115

Smash Lord
Safe prediction: Dissapointment.

Not for me but that's a prevalent here in Smashland so whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom