• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Talking about weird 4chan leaks, I saw that one 2 days ago. I know it's fake but it's so weird that I screenshot it.
Can already tell this is fake because there's so many fandemanded or otherwise highly wanted stuff on it, aside from Josh from Until Dawn (which may just be the person's personal wish). Considering what Nintendo gave us for FP1 it'd be fair to assume they'd throw in more than one curveball rather than all be highly demanded stuff (to the point where it'd become expectable halfway through, which wouldn't be good for marketing).
That, and I have quite a lot of doubts on gen 8 Pokemon in general especially for DLC but that's another topic altogether.

Dukefire

Smash Master
IDK if a Gen 8 Pokemon rep may appear for Season 2, but then again we are going no where for the time being except with Byleth and Cuphead here with us now.

Last edited:

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
How many Sakura Wars games are actually available in English? I know the new one's getting localized but I'm concerned about being out of the loop with the timeline, like playing Ace Attorney 6 before the OG trilogy
1 has just had fan translation release, V and new game this year are localized
Anime, movie, and OVA are licensed
Anime is alt universe
OVA and movie are canon

Dukefire

Smash Master
Can't blame them when they are making "leaks" to hope for their wishes to come true

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Are you guys seriously at the point where you start discussing LaxChris-tier 4chan posts?

Dukefire

Smash Master
For the Sakura Wars, I can imagine her trailer starts off in the 90's visual novel then jump to modern times with the character getting an invite from the sky.

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
BTW if you like Ace Attorney you will most likely enjoy Sakura Wars since its has its share of funny characters with funny dialogue
You will have a fun time with these two specifically:

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
well, it's not Smash related, but...

I still hope Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition is one of those games...
You and I both, I've never gotten a chance to play it

Its a Visual Novel with super easy short strategy gameplay segements and some minigames

First two games strategy plays similar to Fire Emblem
Third game introduces AP meter which plays like an early Valkyria Chronicles and its becomes a action strategy game from then on
the newest game plays like Dynasty Warriors

What you should remember though is that SW is 100% a Visual Novel
The characters are its focus. You will earn to love these characters and cry. It is Sega's sweet heart series.
Skies of Arcadia? Shinobi? Phantasy Star? Sonic? Yakuza? Streets of Rage? Valkyria Chronicles? Puyo Puyo? Billy Hatcher? NiGHTS?

All the devs from those games have worked on Sakura Wars.
This article puts in retrospect why this series is special
Read the article, it was a good read, all of it. I knew it had to be a game that makes an impact but the first sentence of the article really emphasizes what this game brings to the table. I have no problem thinking of Sakura as a character of a showstopper tier if I may be so bold.

krokotopia101

Smash Apprentice
Crash or 2B

Sora without Disney characters seems...weird to me ( someone who doesn’t play KH)
Hi, I'm late to the Sora debate party, but take it from me....Sora can hold his own without Disney characters. Recent installment proves that they have no effect on Sora's playstyle. I mean, Donald & Goofy I can understand, but as said before, Sora's moveset is not at all dependent of them.

The trouble to me still is if Disney is stingy enough to plaster in their mouse in the game. Now, for me, I'd kinda like to see the mouse & the plumber, two of the most iconic mascots in history, to duke it out, but....no. No one wants that at all.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Yeah I know, Sabi, but this isn’t Smash related (directly)

There was a problem fetching the tweet

This corroborates Emily Rogers’s More Wii U Games Coming to Switch statement... I REALLY hope one of them is Xenoblade Chronicles X Definitive Edition... our time is soon I can feel it
You could've said this at literally any point in the Switch's life and it would be true.

At least Emily has actually gone so far as to hint at which games they are. Sabi's contributions continue to be less than informative.

kylexv

Smash Master
Why would the obviously fake leak say that Akuma is "the heavy of the Shotos" when Akuma's whole shtick in Street Fighter is being a glass cannon.

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Why would the obviously fake leak say that Akuma is "the heavy of the Shotos" when Akuma's whole shtick in Street Fighter is being a glass cannon.
Probably because the poster has evidently never played Street Fighter in their life and thought that the scary evil-looking shoto guy must OBVIOUSLY have more health than Ryu and Ken.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
For the Sakura Wars, I can imagine her trailer starts off in the 90's visual novel then jump to modern times with the character getting an invite from the sky.
Here's how I envision Sakura's trailer:
Sakurai is talking about how the new fighter is a fairly old character and that he'd like to tell us more, but he has somewhere he has to go so he tools the clip.

The trailer is shown in a 90's anime style, the Flower Division just finished their performance on stage, flowers and applauses shower them all. All of a sudden, a letter/invite is toss towards Sakura.

She looks to see the silhouette of a man who tosses it walk away with a few flowers petals caught in his clothing. Splash Title appears: Sakura Blooms on the Battlefield. Then Sakurai comes back with said flower petals on his clothing.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Are you guys seriously at the point where you start discussing LaxChris-tier 4chan posts?
Ah...I thank myself that I didn't get my wifi tonight.

In all honesty I won't be hanging around this thread that much until we get some leads or somethin'

Captain Shwampy

Smash Master
Here's how I envision Sakura's trailer:
Sakurai is talking about how the new fighter is a fairly old character and that he'd like to tell us more, but he has somewhere he has to go so he tools the clip.

The trailer is shown in a 90's anime style, the Flower Division just finished their performance on stage, flowers and applauses shower them all. All of a sudden, a letter/invite is toss towards Sakura.

She looks to see the silhouette of a man who tosses it walks away with a few flowers petals caught in his clothing. Splash Title appears: Sakura Blooms on the Battlefield. Then Sakurai comes back with said flower petals on his clothing.
Taisho era tokyo stage where you hear Sumire doing her noble woman laugh in the background

P.Kat

Smash Champion
I'd rather we get a Capcom character from another game, but if we had to get another Street Fighter character then gives us Chun-Li, Juri, Ibuki, or just someone with a different fighting style than something based around Shotokan.

Last edited:

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Hi, I'm late to the Sora debate party, but take it from me....Sora can hold his own without Disney characters. Recent installment proves that they have no effect on Sora's playstyle. I mean, Donald & Goofy I can understand, but as said before, Sora's moveset is not at all dependent of them.

The trouble to me still is if Disney is stingy enough to plaster in their mouse in the game. Now, for me, I'd kinda like to see the mouse & the plumber, two of the most iconic mascots in history, to duke it out, but....no. No one wants that at all.
Personally I could see Disney owning Nintendo in the next 100 years, so who knows.

As a KH fan, Id rather not see Disney characters in smash. Fortunately, KH CoM, KH3 as well as the dlc shows that Sora definitely works without Disney characters.
People are worried about a keychain that changes all the time in the game, and he could easily have the most varied moveset in the roster if implemented correctly.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Personally I could see Disney owning Nintendo in the next 100 years, so who knows.

As a KH fan, Id rather not see Disney characters in smash. Fortunately, KH CoM, KH3 as well as the dlc shows that Sora definitely works without Disney characters.
People are worried about a keychain that changes all the time in the game, and he could easily have the most varied moveset in the roster if implemented correctly.
I can see Sakurai keeping in that good Kingdom Hearts spirit, and give Sora a new Keyblade exclusive to the smash universe

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Only thing I'm worried about with Sora is that even if he comes with only stuff unique to KH, people are gonna open the floodgates by saying that Disney characters "should" be in there then, and are as such going to still use his inclusion as to why, even if Sakurai flat out says he didn't allow the Disney content in (because then they'll just say "he'll change his mind if we keep pushing").
So even if Sora doesn't get anything Disney or 4th-party at all people would still use him in favor of 4th-party support by claiming that since KH is in 4th-parties should be allowed all the same. It'd flood the lesser known requests even more and would stagnate speculation even more, and there'd be no comeback to them since KH did start as a crossover idea between FF and Disney.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
If Akuma were to be playable in Smash, it would've been as Ryu's Echo Fighter... and they instead went with Ken for that, so Akuma's chances are looking slim to none unless we starting getting multiple Echo Fighters for each character.

I'd rather we get a Capcom character from another game, but if we had to get another Street Fighter character then gives us Chun-Li, Juri, Ibuki, or just someone with a different fighting style than something based around Shotokan.
I agree. Instead of a character who fights using the Shotokan style...
... clearly we should get a character who uses the Saikyo style.

TriggerX

Smash Ace
Only thing I'm worried about with Sora is that even if he comes with only stuff unique to KH, people are gonna open the floodgates by saying that Disney characters "should" be in there then, and are as such going to still use his inclusion as to why, even if Sakurai flat out says he didn't allow the Disney content in (because then they'll just say "he'll change his mind if we keep pushing").
So even if Sora doesn't get anything Disney or 4th-party at all people would still use him in favor of 4th-party support by claiming that since KH is in 4th-parties should be allowed all the same. It'd flood the lesser known requests even more and would stagnate speculation even more, and there'd be no comeback to them since KH did start as a crossover idea between FF and Disney.
People already want characters like Goku and Spiderman in smash, adding sora doesn't open a door thats already open. Also, its weird thinking that the director of his own game wouldn't set criteria for a playable roster.
Overall the choice is Sakurai/Nintendo's, I doubt fan requests are going to change the overall vision they had set for this game or series.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
People already want characters like Goku and Spiderman in smash, adding sora doesn't open a door thats already open. Also, its weird thinking that the director of his own game wouldn't set criteria for a playable roster.
Overall the choice is Sakurai/Nintendo's, I doubt fan requests are going to change the overall vision they had set for this game or series.
Of course people already are, but I feel one of the biggest arguments against them would just be utterly destroyed by KH being in. As is the people who already are asking for such characters feel like they're constantly grasping at straws in hopes that it goes their way sooner or later, but KH being in and having big connections to Disney outside of Smash would give them reusable ammo that they can just deny any rebuttal to, thus worsening the state of the floodgates past a breaking point.
… as much as I'd like to have Dark Impetus as an available music track in Smash, the very thought of the community becoming even more childish than it already is is hard to bear.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Of course people already are, but I feel one of the biggest arguments against them would just be utterly destroyed by KH being in. As is the people who already are asking for such characters feel like they're constantly grasping at straws in hopes that it goes their way sooner or later, but KH being in and having big connections to Disney outside of Smash would give them reusable ammo that they can just deny any rebuttal to, thus worsening the state of the floodgates past a breaking point.
… as much as I'd like to have Dark Impetus as an available music track in Smash, the very thought of the community becoming even more childish than it already is is hard to bear.
Buddy, people have given death threats for liking Byleth, this community cannot possibly become more childish

Pinguino21v

Smash Ace
On the Sora topic, I was thinking of one idea for the trailer. Imagine the main KH cast in Yen Sid tower: Sora, Riku, Kairi, Mickey, Donald, Dingo, Yen Sid. Yen Sid explains to Sora he has a world to visit, but he must go alone. Then Mickey explains Sora will meet the most renown person of all worlds, most renown than the King himself.

That last idea would reference the fact that Mario is, nowadays, the most renown fictional character, who dethroned Mickey a few years ago. That kind of reference to real events happened with Banjo and can perfectly happen with Crash (about ads where he's rude toward Mario). Mickey in the trailer would already be mind-blowing but that would be even greater if he was referring to Mario as the most popular character.

Edit: I see you miles away. I'm not advocating for Mickey presence in Smash, only in the trailer

Last edited:

Cadillac

Smash Seeker
I'm just wondering how many songs will Sora bring with him if he gets in. KH has some top tier bangers and it would be a shame if there were only two.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
Buddy, people have given death threats for liking Byleth, this community cannot possibly become more childish
I am aware, but I also don't think this is as low as it can get (even though I'll be honest it is pretty low atm, but it has never felt any lasting effect for that matter afaik). 4th-parties having any presence is going to spark up interest for more of them to an even bigger point, where we'd most likely see not just renowned 4th-party protagonists but even 4th-party sidekicks and other secondary 4th-party characters pop up just because the connection has been made once, and unlike with all the FE (and Bayo) drama I'm worried it'd have even more of a lasting effect afterward, akin to Pokemon's situation (where people are STILL spamming the devs up to today).
Though it is nice to know people here are willing to ease others's fears about it while still being realistic… but I just can't get this off my mind.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
You realize they could just add Kingdom Hearts characters as spirits, remove the Mickey keychain and replace Donald and Goofy with Kairi and Riku in supposedly his final smash right?

Easy peasy. Although Kingdom Hearts is a series with non-gaming characters Sora as a whole originated as an video game character.
Besides they could just add Kingdom Hearts characters. There's enough to fill in Spirits as well as replace Donald and Goofy with Kairi and Riku in his supposed Final Smash and simply remove the Mickey keychain as well.

Even then although Kingdom Hearts has incarnations of non-gaming characters Sora as a whole originated as an video game character.

Last edited:

blackghost

Smash Champion
The cancelability but not the slide part.
are you familiar with fighting games. sliding movement is added to the games intentionally. in games like street fighter 4 it was FADC movement.and this is smash its not like we havent had strange slide movement before.

Extremmefan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Extremmefan
3DS FC
1435-9705-2987
You realize they could just add Kingdom Hearts characters as spirits, remove the Mickey keychain and replace Donald and Goofy with Kairi and Riku in supposedly his final smash right?

Easy peasy. Although Kingdom Hearts is a series with non-gaming characters Sora as a whole originated as an video game character.
I am, but that changes nothing to what I said. People will find the 4th-party connection even if it isn't directly included in Smash in any way.
… though on the flipside, would KH even be as popular as it is WITHOUT Disney characters back at the very start? That's interesting to think about, because the story could definitely stand on its own, but would it have become as big without it is interesting to look into.

Kokiden

Smash Ace
Can someone give me a quick rundown on whether there have been 2 DLC revealed and released at the same time?

Just wanting to see the odds of that happening within this pass.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I am, but that changes nothing to what I said. People will find the 4th-party connection even if it isn't directly included in Smash in any way.
… though on the flipside, would KH even be as popular as it is WITHOUT Disney characters back at the very start? That's interesting to think about, because the story could definitely stand on its own, but would it have become as big without it is interesting to look into.
True you are right. Delusional fans will be delusional.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom