• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

View attachment 256927

GIVE YOUR ENERGY TO BASED DRAGONBORN FOR HIM TO DEFEAT THE VILLANIOUS KOS-MOS

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
8D531933-660C-4DCE-8045-BAC6D0E68FA0.jpeg

Also I now doubt Skyrim is #5

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Someone please explain to me how Dragonborn became the popular rumor here? Aside from whatever Fatman said about the character.

People really lost confidence in KOS-MOS quickly and turned to Dragonbron lol.

Rikarte

Smash Ace
I mean, same. I easily spend more time on here than actually playing the game - I only really play online with others, and I tend to get too worked up over me doing badly there.

Also heey another German person in here
I mean why get salty over losing in a kids game when you can get salty over the characters people want in a kids game? :v)
Hallo
View attachment 256927

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
B-but I like KOS-MOS

D

Deleted member

Someone please explain to me how Dragonborn became the popular rumor here? Aside from whatever Fatman said about the character.

It’s probably because of that cacomallow leak?

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
View attachment 256927

Please go outside.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
but Gwen u like anime

You literally just told me to watch Zombieland Saga again and talk about MHA and Jojo's constantly.
I'm gay ponycorn do you think I had rights to begin with?

Skyrim is legit huge tbf and it got a Switch release

Calamitas

Smash Champion
View attachment 256927

But. . .
Corrin's already in the game.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
View attachment 256927

is this a pepe in 2020

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Even then, it supports Doomguy more so than Dragonborn. And appearently, not linked to Fighter 5 (assuming CacoMallow is even real to begin with).

Also, correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure Bethesda said in a Sep 2018 interview when asked about Smash Bros that they talked to Nintendo about it. If either Doomguy or Dragonborn were on the Fighters Pass, wouldn't that be breaking the NDA? This is why I believe whatever Bethesda character is coming after the pass if at all.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Even then, it supports Doomguy more so than Dragonborn. And appearently, not linked to Fighter 5 (assuming CacoMallow is even real to begin with).

Also, correct me if i'm wrong but i'm pretty sure Bethesda said in a Sep 2018 interview when asked about Smash Bros that they talked to Nintendo about it. If either Doomguy or Dragonborn were on the Fighters Pass, wouldn't that be breaking the NDA? This is why I believe whatever Bethesda character is coming after the pass if at all.
No it wouldn’t. Saying that it’s happening would

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
Skyrim is legit huge tbf and it got a Switch release
I know it's huge but it only became a popular rumor in the past month or so which is why i'm curious how it became the frontrunner all of a sudden.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm pretty sure this is why. It's also in line with Fatman's "fantasy sword fighter" thing he keeps talking about, so people from and around the Geno thread buy it hook, line, and sinker.

Gentlepanda

Meme Maestro
NNID
Panda
Switch FC
2255-1434-0335
I'm pretty sure this is why. It's also in line with Fatman's "fantasy sword fighter" thing he keeps talking about, so people from and around the Geno thread buy it hook, line, and sinker.
i like how "fantasy sword fighter" is so generic and wide-reaching that it could mean literally anyone and he could claim to be right when it happens

very remarkable

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
No it wouldn’t. Saying that it’s happening would
Pardon my ignorance on NDA's but aren't you supposed to totally deny it outright? Like, you're not even allowed to talk about any potential talks for the risk of getting sued?

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
i like how "fantasy sword fighter" is so generic and wide-reaching that it could mean literally anyone and he could claim to be right when it happens

very remarkable
its a fantasy sword fighter from a series not currently in Smash thank u v much thats v specific if u ask me

its proven by the POWER OF SIX theory which is incredibly contrived and requires multiple assumptions to justify but its legit u guyz pls believe me

I.D.

Smash Lord
not todd.jpg

That Dragonborn fella sure seems like a good choice for a Smash fighter. Even if he isn't in this pass you should make sure you buy The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® for Nintendo Switch, so you can signal to Nintendo just how much he deserves to be in!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

TMS gameplay wise was good, just wished the setting wasn't idols

Literally people rush to a new character if the possibility of another one they don't like, in this case KOS-MOS, seems possible.

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
In this case, wouldn't saying "No Comment" or "Not at this time" be indicative of an NDA VS "Yes, we talked to Nintendo"? Just saying.

It could always be a case of whatever Bethesda character being talked about like how talks for Ryu Hayabusa were happening in late-2018 from some sources. Basically, Nintendo having a good idea that they were going to do more DLC after the pass and getting more talks with 3rd party companies.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
View attachment 256931
That Dragonborn fella sure seems like a good choice for a Smash fighter. Even if he isn't in this pass you should make sure you buy The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim® for Nintendo Switch, so you can signal to Nintendo just how much he deserves to be in!
Wait a second...I think I know that face...

You're the guy they model the funny glasses after! You know the ones!

51lmPfmLLhL._SX425_.jpg

Aw man it's such an honor to meet u!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Pardon my ignorance on NDA's but aren't you supposed to totally deny it outright? Like, you're not even allowed to talk about any potential talks for the risk of getting sued?
NDA's allow for a lot of different possible responses. You can beat around the bush, you can outright deny it, you can ignore it. They aren't all the same in general. Generally the only thing that's not allowed is directly saying yes. The rest varies quite a bit in how it's done.

King Sonnn DeDeDoo

Smash Champion
If we did get the Dragonborn I’d would be cool if we could get other races and genders as alts besides the generic default Nord dude. Would make them more visually interesting to me at least.

I really like Morrowind so I’d like to play as a Dark Elf alt.

Travis.png
Image URL (7).png
Image URL (10).png

Last edited:

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
NDA's allow for a lot of different possible responses. You can beat around the bush, you can outright deny it, you can ignore it. They aren't all the same in general. Generally the only thing that's not allowed is directly saying yes. The rest varies quite a bit in how it's done.
Granted, Bethesda's response to that question was literally "Yep" so it doesn't really inspire confidence of Dragonborn on the pass lol.

I think "No Comment" or "Not at this time" would be indicative of an NDA.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
"We're proud to announce we have officially collaborated with Fleetwood Mac to remix the songs available with Dovahkiin in Challenger Pack #5."

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

*Shrugs* Because Skyrim's cool?

Its inclusion wouldn't surprise me, and though I've never actually played Skyrim I'd be down for the Dragonborn.

very remarkable
For example, this describes: *huge inhale* DragonbornLinkMarthBylethKiritoRobinLucinaIkeEdeaKoroganeShulkDunbanHeroRoyEliwoodLynNightmareMitsurugiRyuZacianKeldeoChromKatalinaRytlocKaiLianoCorrinXanderRyoma *gasps* and Kirby sometimes.

MrJudd

Smash Journeyman
The thing about Dragonborn (and Bethesda in general) is that he could be a Terry situation where they jumped very early in the Switch train and decided to negotiate for a character afterwards.
View attachment 256931
It’s Toad Howard! (please somebody make a montage of him with a Toad head).

Last edited:

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I think that the CacoMallow Leak is more likely to implicate Doomslayer as a playable character.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Granted, Bethesda's response to that question was literally "Yep" so it doesn't really inspire confidence of Dragonborn on the pass lol.

I think "No Comment" or "Not at this time" would be indicative of an NDA.
We have a record of someone literally saying No while under NDA.

Indications don't portray reality. They can comment with a literal No under an NDA just fine. Not every NDA is the same either. Some actually can't go beyond "no comment" too. It depends the literal NDA. There's no "one version is used", basically.

I mean, obviously among the tweets, not all are under an NDA for FP5. Clearly not the case. But one can be. Generally, Leakers like Verge often have an insider that ignores an NDA, which is how we get this information in the first place. So they can often actually have more clear information because there's nothing forcing them to lie(even though it should anyway). Some don't want to keep their mouths shut, if you will. Why on earth NDA's allow for a lot of leeway I can't say, but it is demonstratibly a thing.

D

Deleted member

Can we please just move from the whole NDA ****? At this point it could mean anything, just because someone lied it doesn't mean everyone is lying as well.

Could someone be lying? Maybe. But its not something we will be able to know until the post reveal, and let's remember, if you count the people that said no before the extension of the dlc was mentioned then it's quite likely that a few developers were telling the truth at least for fighter 5.

Last edited by a moderator:

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
View attachment 256927

Well, I don't know if KOS-MOS is actually villainous, but I'm all in for Dovahkiin to get in, so...

And yes, I really want to see the "Todd ported Skyrim to Smash!" memes.

D

Deleted member

View attachment 256931
Todd I know it’s you. Your disguise can’t fool me.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings

Process of elimination

D

Deleted member

Can we please just move from the whole NDA ****?
I’m afraid it won’t. Someone brings up character they think could happen then someone says he can’t be in because NDA and then they argue about NDAs

Sorry

Last edited by a moderator:

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Ok fine. Since Doom Slayer is vastly preferred, I’ll change my post from earlier.

View attachment 256927

GIVE YOUR ENERGY TO BASED MAKOTO FOR HIM TO DEFEAT THE VILLANIOUS EDELGARD

Is this better?

Al-kīmiyā'

Smash the State
Vergeben said #5 is neither Doomguy nor Geno, so Bethesda's other properties have gotten more attention from the hat video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom