• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
So what I'm getting is this:
Ones left in the running are

-Bethesda(but I doubt it now. I thought it was likely because of that cacomallow leak but nah)
-marvelous
-frogger
-master chief
-square enix
-BABOOM
-Nintendo
-Assists & spirits
-epic games
But no Master Chief, no Assist Trophy characters, and Rilaboom will absolutely not be called Baboom. If we're looking for specific characters, then we have:
  • Dragonborn
  • Vault Boy (But probably not)
  • A combination of Story of Seasons protagonists
  • Frogger
  • Crono (But probably not)
  • Byleth (But probably not)
  • Edlegaurd (But probably not)
  • Rillaboom (But probably not)
  • Cinderace (But probably not)
  • Intelleon (But probably not)
  • Elma (But probably not)
  • Jonsey (But probably not)
  • A combination of Contra protagonists
  • Monokuma
  • Makoto
  • The Litch King (But probably not)
  • Something from Diablo (But probably not)
  • Someone that I can't think of right now/overlooked (Most definitely)

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Well since the topic shifted to functions in fighting games a bit ago, I guess I'll use the opportunity to give a TED talk on how a character can impact a player with far more than just their moveset.

When picking a main in fighting games, a character's personality, look, and story might help you relate to the character. After all, you are going to spend hours upon hours training and getting better with this character, so in a way you start seeing yourself in this character as you fight more opponents. Daigo Umehara is the best example of this, his main in Street Fighter has always been Ryu and he relates to the character on a deep spiritual level that no other character can replace. If you pick a character you don't like or care about then you aren't going to relate to them or be in a positive attitude that is suitable for getting better. Of course there are also those who don't care the slightest about who they play and mainly focus on who is the best in the game. Different people can have different mentalities when it comes to picking who they want to represent them in the game, so this differs from person to person.

I want to give an example of what I'm talking about in more detail for Smash. The OrionStats is probably the best Smash tournament results organizer around currently. In the competitive community it's seen as the most accurate representation for how well represented characters are in Smash tournaments worldwide, sure it's not infallible, but there is no other like it. The reason I'm bringing this up is because on the link I posted are character result scores that shows how well represented characters are in tournaments. It is generally agreed upon that Little Mac is the worst character in the game, terrible recovery, terrible aerials, terrible grabs, basically everything a Smash character should not be. With this in mind you'd think a character like that would be someone that absolutely no one plays on tournaments and he would be at last place, right? Well, you'd be farther from the truth. Little Mac is actually rank #61, there are actually people out there who push the character forward and keeps playing him in a competitive environment despite Little Mac being the worst character in the game.

Now why is that? There are many reasons for this, but ultimately it all comes down to the fact that there are people out there who like Little Mac and have stuck with him despite his shortcomings. This shows how far character loyalty can push someone forward. Even if a character is the worst in the game, if there are a lot of people that like this character then they will still play him and the character will continue to be around. They identify with the character, they like the character, they like their games, there are many different reasons for this phenomena but the result is still the same regardless.

When you look at characters as mere functions then it's hard to relate to the character in question and you don't feel incentivized to stick with the character when there is someone else that is stronger and better. Part of the appeal of fighting games is not just picking the strongest, it's picking who you find the most suitable, who you like the most, and kick absolute ass with them. It's why there are mains of low tier characters, they stick with those they love despite them being weaker than other characters. A character that is weaker than the rest but fits you like a glove is much more fun to play than a character that is incredibly strong but you can't stand their guts.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
This suggests we're getting a direct before the magazine comes out
I mean, isn't it possible that we're just getting new info from the magazine? Doesn't necessarily have to be Direct first, then the magazine just repeats whatever the Direct said.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Part of me kind of doubts it because of the rumored Hayabusa negotiations. Would be odd to add two NES third parties back to back imo.

I fully believe it will likely be Dragonborn.
I just think that the fighters pass would include a variety of play styles and that Bill Rizer would introduce a play style not included in the Fighters Pass yet or someone similar.

Personally I'm hoping that Fighter 5 is not Dragonborn because I'd imagine he would pretty much play just like Hero. That as well as other reasons.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I mean, isn't it possible that we're just getting new info from the magazine? Doesn't necessarily have to be Direct first, then the magazine just repeats whatever the Direct said.
That's typically how Famitsu articles work with Sakurai, though. Plus, companies often do this as a way to spread information, so it isn't too crazy to think that both the Direct and magazine share the same news.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
That's true, but at the same time, this game is gonna be a huge deal for Nintendo as not many other IPs sell as well as Animal Crossing, so I can't imagine Nintendo being ok with people getting info on one of, if not their biggest releases of the year secondhand by internet instead of surprising everyone at once

I.D.

Smash Lord
I want to give an example of what I'm talking about in more detail for Smash. The OrionStats is probably the best Smash tournament results organizer around currently. In the competitive community it's seen as the most accurate representation for how well represented characters are in Smash tournaments worldwide, sure it's not infallible, but there is no other like it. The reason I'm bringing this up is because on the link I posted are character result scores that shows how well represented characters are in tournaments. It is generally agreed upon that Little Mac is the worst character in the game, terrible recovery, terrible aerials, terrible grabs, basically everything a Smash character should not be. With this in mind you'd think a character like that would be someone that absolutely no one plays on tournaments and he would be at last place, right? Well, you'd be farther from the truth. Little Mac is actually rank #61, there are actually people out there who push the character forward and keeps playing him in a competitive environment despite Little Mac being the worst character in the game.
Iol Corrin

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
I just think that the fighters pass would include a variety of play styles and that Bill Rizer would introduce a play style not included in the Fighters Pass yet or someone similar.

Personally I'm hoping that Fighter 5 is not Dragonborn because I'd imagine he would pretty much play just like Hero. That as well as other reasons.
Yeah. I highly doubt that they would go to Id Software for just a couple of Mii Fighter Costumes.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Even if we do get a Direct, I'm not completely convinced we'll get a Smash announcement (or at least no shadow drop). I don't see why they'd make the amiibo patch separate from the character release if the latter was coming out before the amiibo anyway.

But I take this with a grain of salt, because it's still possible we get no Direct and the magazine just covers a few new tidbits about AC.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Let's play a game. Sakurai makes an anime smash Bros. What would be the roster?
Rules:

1. Each anime has to have 3 reps
2. A total of 10 animes can be chosen
3. You can also add 5 unlockable characters from any of the 10 chosen anime.
I'm pretty late to this but I'll have a go. I'll make it pretty scattered being more into slice of life.

1. A Certain Magical Index.
Mikoto Misaka, Accelerator, Tōma Kamijō

2. Re Zero - Starting Life in Another World
Emilia (best girl), Rem, Ram, Subaru Natsuki (Post Anime fans will understand why)

3. My Hero Academia
Izuku Midoriya, Shoto Todoroki, Katsuki Bakugou

4. Demon Slayer: Kiemsetu no Yaiba
Tanjirō Kamado, Nezuko Kamado, Inosuke Hashibira, Michael Jackson Muzan Kibutsuji

5. Fire Force
Shinra Kusakabe, Akitaru Ōbi, Princess Hibana, Maki Oze

6. Konosuba
Kazuma Sato, Useless Goddess, Megumin, Darkness

7. Amagi Brilliant Park
Isuzu Sento

8. Afro Samurai
Afro Samurai, Justice

9. Kill La Kill
Ryuko Matoi, Satsuki Kiryuin

10. That Time I Got Reincarnated as a Slime
Rimuru Tempest, Shizue Izawa

That's the best I can do for now.

Last edited:

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
that’s not even a deconfirmation
Let me see the thing everyone takes as a disconfirmation. NDA or no, if it's a straight up "no" then I have to assume he's not lying until proven otherwise.

That's true, but at the same time, this game is gonna be a huge deal for Nintendo as not many other IPs sell as well as Animal Crossing, so I can't imagine Nintendo being ok with people getting info on one of, if not their biggest releases of the year secondhand by internet instead of surprising everyone at once
Pokémon would like to speak with you.

D

Deleted member

Let me see the thing everyone takes as a disconfirmation. NDA or no, if it's a straight up "no" then I have to assume he's not lying until proven otherwise.

It was only one time he said that. And he was never asked about it

IanTheGamer

Smash Champion
Still think revealing Master Chief as a fighter would cause the Internet to go nuclear. Especially if his reveal is followed up by the announcement confirming the rumors about Halo: The Master Chief Collection coming to Switch

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Let me see the thing everyone takes as a disconfirmation. NDA or no, if it's a straight up "no" then I have to assume he's not lying until proven otherwise..
The fact that Frank has lied before under NDA is also notable.

It's been already proven he lies under NDA.

It's sketchy by default as is. I'd sooner take Bungie's own tweet seriously since they don't have a history of lying.

Frank is not trustworthy with these kind of tweets. That's besides how ****posty it was. Or that it was randomly going after another tweet that simply hoped for Chief to be part of some kind of DLC. There was zero reason to respond, especially in that manner. It's to rile people up. Cause some developers do do that. There's really no reason to take it seriously at this point. It wasn't even serious in any remote nature.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

I don't see Pokemon selling a ****ton of extra copies this year when it already sold 6 million in like 2 days. Animal Crossing though? That **** sells better than Smash for a reason

FightingGhost73

Smash Cadet
That gap between Joker and Hero/Banjo is painful to look at.

I don't care if people call me impatient or whatever. When you're selling a season pass you should at the very least reveal your line-up long before the very end of the deadline. Just because Smash reveals have historically had bad wait gaps doesn't mean it should continue being like this. Most fighting games reveal their season pass line-up much earlier than a month before the deadline ends. This radio silence is inexcusable when you're selling a season pass to your customers and you're being silent about it's entire full content over a year later.
I feel it needs to be said that announcements vs. release dates, Jokers announcement gap is so big cuz he was the first one to he announced and they revealed 2 characters at e3 not just one, they were released roughly 2 months away from each other, if the last character does get announced this month then either he/she/it will be available this month or Feburary, the thing to also remember is the surprise factor the team is trying to accomplish but of course due to leakers and accidents such as the SNK copyright drop prevent that, maybe they are trying to be very cautious and only drop hints when its on their own terms

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
The fact that Frank has lied before under NDA is also notable.

It's been already proven he lies under NDA.

It's sketchy by default as is. I'd sooner take Bungie's own tweet seriously since they don't have a history of lying.

Frank is not trustworthy with these kind of tweets. That's besides how ****posty it was. Or that it was randomly going after another tweet that simply hoped for Chief to be part of some kind of DLC. There was zero reason to respond, especially in that manner. It's to rile people up. Cause some developers do do that. There's really no reason to take it seriously at this point. It wasn't even serious in any remote nature.
Ah ok. I'd normally make a case for even mentioning it being a disconfirmation (which is why I believe all of the Clover Studios characters are disconfirmed), but in this case you could interperate that he was lying or attention seeking as well so yeah. There's nothing meaningful there then.

I don't see Pokemon selling a ****ton of extra copies this year when it already sold 6 million in like 2 days. Animal Crossing though? That **** sells better than Smash for a reason
No but for being one of Nintendo's biggest franchises a lot of info about their main series games comes from CoroCoro. (Though to be fair I don't think this was the case for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield.)

Last edited:

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Rules:

Gonna take advantage of the wording here and assume that anime adaptations, including ones based on video games, are allowed...
  1. Sailor Moon
    • Sailor Moon
    • Sailor Venus
    • Tuxedo Mask
  2. JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
    • Jonathan Joestar
    • Jotaro Kujo
    • DIO
    • Joseph Joestar (unlockable)
    • Josuke Higashikata (unlockable)
  3. Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
    • Bobobo-bo Bo-bobo
    • Don Patch
    • Gasser
    • Captain Battleship (unlockable)
  4. Kill la Kill
    • Ryuko Matoi
    • Satsuki Kiryuin
    • Mako
  5. One-Punch Man
    • Genos
    • Speed-o'-Sound Sonic
    • Bang
  6. Space Dandy
    • Dandy
    • QT
    • Meow
  7. Lupin III
    • Arsene Lupin III
    • Daisuke Jigen
    • Goemon Ishikawa XIII
    • Fujiko Mine (unlockable)
  8. Cowboy Bebop
    • Spike Spiegel
    • Jet Black
    • Faye Valentine
  9. Vampire Hunter D
    • D
    • Meier Link
    • Leila
  10. Ace Attorney
    • Phoenix Wright
    • Maya Fey
    • Miles Edgeworth
    • Godot (unlockable)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Ah ok. I'd normally make a case for even mentioning it being a disconfirmation (which is why I believe all of the Clover Studios characters are disconfirmed), but in this case you could interperate that he was lying or attention seeking as well so yeah. There's nothing meaningful there then.
If it helps, Bungie answered a proper question about Halo being in Smash. They can still be under NDA, but at least it was a serious answer and holds a lot more clout.

Verge also does, being more reliable and doesn't ****post.

Keep in mind I don't think Chief is likely, but my track record for calling Smash characters is awful too, so eh. Only thing I got right about DLC is Hero using Luminary's face, and that was "Luminary or Eight" as is, so... not entirely that. I mean, I did think Luminary was far more likely as the face than Erdrick, but eh. I won't go into the long arguments made(I'll just make a quick note instead), especially when my points don't reflect why he's the face. I'm still happy that Erdrick is in, but it's cool that it wasn't what people thought it was either. So it made things way more interesting in the end.

Dutch Raikuna

Okay so wanting to change the topic a bit and with a question I wanted to ask the community for a bit. This might get buried.

With more fighters being announced, would you want to see the Sakurai Presents continuing or not? And if so would you change anything of it?

For me of course I would want them continuing but I would make them snappier and cause why not I would like to see a guest related to the character.
For example with Joker, Katsura Hashino or Hero, Yuji Horii. I think that would make it slightly more interesting to watch,

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Okay so wanting to change the topic a bit and with a question I wanted to ask the community for a bit. This might get buried.

With more fighters being announced, would you want to see the Sakurai Presents continuing or not? And if so would you change anything of it?

For me of course I would want them continuing but I would make them snappier and cause why not I would like to see a guest related to the character.
For example with Joker, Katsura Hashino or Hero, Yuji Horii. I think that would make it slightly more interesting to watch,
It should definitely continue. Sakurai's presentations have way more charm to them than doing a regular presentation like Joker's since you get to see more of Sakurai's personality in them and even get to see how much he knows about the characters and games. Plus, Sakurai has mentioned before that he apparently went over the budget with Joker's presentation, so I don't think they'll stop unless they somehow run out of money and can't do them anymore.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This suggests we're getting a direct before the magazine comes out
Heck if we're getting new animal crossing info on stuff after the opening "bash rocks together" stage of the game, I don't care if it's from a direct or a magazine.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

It's a trade off: The produced format that Joker had got straight to the point and was well paced, but the format everyone else got was much more personal. I think the second format is better, but it would be more fun if they didn't spend the first 10-15 minutes talking about things like voice actors and the Neo Geo (i.e. things people who are there just for the gameplay don't care about in the slightest). Also, if they brought in a guest it would probably destroy the pacing unless they were used to live streaming like that.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

It's a trade off: The produced format that Joker had got straight to the point and was well paced, but the format everyone else got was much more personal. I think the second format is better, but it would be more fun if they didn't spend the first 10-15 minutes talking about things like voice actors and the Neo Geo (i.e. things people who are there just for the gameplay don't care about in the slightest). Also, if they brought in a guest it would probably destroy the pacing unless they were used to live streaming like that.
I can agree if they somehow managed to balance a snappier pacing but being allowed to go off topic for a bit. Any FFXV fans would remember how bad the games progress reports were on that.

I think the idea of Sakurai and having a guest connected to the character, such as a creator or character designer or composer of example would be appealing. Don't know for Western Reps but like Suda 51 for Travis or Tetsuya Takahashi for KOS-MOS as an example, sitting down, 5 minute explanation of the games, 15 minute showcase and 5 minute next update and done.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
No but for being one of Nintendo's biggest franchises a lot of info about their main series games comes from CoroCoro. (Though to be fair I don't think this was the case for Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield.)
To be fair, TCPi has moved away from using Corocoro as an initial source. XY started to rely more on international trailers alongside the magazine, SM started to phase it out and only had some new information come from it, USUM was about the same, and SwSh didn't have much (if any) new information at all from them. Corocoro's time as an initial source is almost at an end, it's used more to deliver second-hand news to those who don't follow TCPi's internet channels then be a forefront for their general marketing.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord

I wouldn't mind the Sakurai Presents videos continuing, as long they're kept at a more reasonable length (I loved the presentation for Terry, but it did feel like it was dragging on at times like when Sakurai was going through Classic Mode).

I don't think guests would really contribute all that much to the presentation... unless said guest actually had a hand in the development of the Smash character. For example, "Mr. Sakurai Presents Phoenix Wright, ft. Ace Attorney series creator Shu Takumi", where it's revealed that Wright's Japanese voice actor in Smash is Takumi himself.

Last edited:

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Here's a little customization game we can play. Make your ideal pass using one character from each of the five lists.

1st Third-party
Rayman
Professor Layton
Dante
Phoenix Wright
Steve

2nd Third-party
Reimu
KOS-MOS
Arle Nadja
Lloyd Irving
2nd Sonic the Hedgehog character

"Promotional" Character
Three Houses rep (Your choice)
Astral Chain rep (Your choice)
Ring Fit Adventurer
Gooigi
Sword and Shield rep (Your choice)

Give the People What They Want
Geno
Master Chief
Sora
Waluigi
Issac

The Big Surprise
Any character who you want but don't expect.
1st Third Party- Dante
2nd Third Party- Blaze the Cat
Promotional Character- Edelgard
GTPWTW- Sora
Big Surprise- Yuzuriha (Under Night in Birth)
Rules:

Naruto:
Naruto
Sasuke
Hinata
Madara (Unlock)

Bleach:
Ichigo
Rukia
Yoruichi
Aizen (unlock)

One Piece:
Luffy
Zoro
Carrot
Blackbeard (unlock)

Fairy Tail:
Natsu
Erza
Gray
Zeref (unlock)

Black Clover:
Asta
Noelle Silva
Yuno

Shaman King:
Yoh Asakura
Ren Tao
Horohoro (Trey)
Hao Asakura (unlock)

Ronin Warriors:
Ryo Sanada
Sage Date
Lady Kayura

Fullmetal Alchemist:
Edward Elric
Roy Mustang
Riza Hawkeye

My Hero Academia
Izuku Midoriya
Bakugou Katsuki
Uraraka Ochaco

Fire force:
Shinra Kusakabe
Maki Oze
Tamaki Kotatsu

D

Deleted member

I would like them to continue.

But in regards of guests, I think its ok with just Sakurai. I really liked the Terry video due to how Sakurai was just geeking out with presenting Terry and he was really informative with the other ones and the comments were playful enough. Maybe if he doesn't know much about the games he could bring a guest but in the case of potential western picks that would be quite difficult.

D

Deleted member

Just don't play classic mode and I honestly think they're good enough.

Dutch Raikuna

My Hero Academia
Izuku Midoriya
Bakugou Katsuki
Uraraka Ochaco

Fire force:
Shinra Kusakabe
Maki Oze
Tamaki Kotatsu
I approve of this.
Good to see someone else has seen the latter. I was gonna settle on a certain villain late in the anime but eh.
I had to make my anime picks with four I haven't properly seen and one I'm currently watching (Amagi Brilliant Park). And my Re;Zero and Konosuba bias is in plain sight.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I'm eliminating the rules since this is something I've been thinking about recently. I'm not going to focus on sole anime so much as I'm going to focus on manga, anime, and light novel publishers. I'll aim for around Sm4sh/Ultimate Roster size since I'm assuming Sakurai or someone equivalent to Sakurai for anime takes over to make the largest anime/manga crossover.

I'll be bringing together Kodansha (Weekly Shōnen Jump, Monthly Shōnen Magazine), Shueisha (Jump Square, Monthly Shōnen Jump), Kadowkawa Shoten, ASCII Media Works, Square Enix, and some extras.

Dragon Ball
- Goku
- Vegeta
- Frieza
- Piccolo
- Trunks

Sailor Moon
- Sailor Moon
- Sailor Venus
- Tuxedo Mask

Naruto
- Naruto
- Sasuke
- Kakashi
- Gaara

One Piece
- Luffy
- Zoro
- Sanji
- Blackbeard

Bleach
-
Ichigo
- Aizen
- Rukia

Assassination Classroom
-
Koro-sensei

Shougeki no Soma
- Soma

D.Gray-man
- Allen Walker

Gintama
- Gintoki
- Kagura
- Shinpachi

Yu Yu Hakosho
-
Yusuke

Demon Slayer
- Tanjiro
- Zenitsu
- Inosuke
- Nezuko

Dr. Stone
- Senku

Hunter x Hunter
- Gon
- Killua
- Hisoka
- Kurapika

Blue Exorcist
- Rin Okumura
- Yukio Okumura

Black Clover
- Asta
- Yuno

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
- Jotaro
- Dio
- Jonathan
- Giorno

Yu-gi-oh
- Yugi Moto
- Seto Kaiba

Fist of the North Star
- Kenshiro

My Hero Academia
- Izuku Midoriya (Deku)
- Katsuki Bakugo
- Shoto Todoroki
- All Might
- Shigaraki

Fairy Tail
- Natsu
- Lucy
- Grey Fullbuster
- Erza
- Gajeel

Fullmetal Alchemist
- Edward Elric
- Alphonse Elric
- Roy Mustang

Kekkai Sensen
- Leo Watch

Sword Art Online
-
Kirito
- Asuna
- Alice

Soul Eater
- Maka and Soul
- Death the Kid
- Black Star

Index
- Toma Kamijou
- Misaka Mikoto
- Accelerator

Konosuba
- Kazuma (fights with his party)

Haruhi Suzumiya
- Haruhi

Cowboy Bebop
- Spike

Oreimo
- Kirino

The Devil is a Part Timer
- Mao
- Emilia

The Irregular at Magic High (some reason ASCII refuses to let go of it)
- Tatsuya
- Miyuki

Kill la Kill
- Ryuko
- Satsuki
- Mako

Squid Girl
- Squid Girl

Hajime no Ippo
- Ippo

82 characters total, which is around Ultimate's size. I'm also assuming this is with all DLC, so base would be around 64 characters.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I'm eliminating the rules since this is something I've been thinking about recently. I'm not going to focus on sole anime so much as I'm going to focus on manga, anime, and light novel publishers. I'll aim for around Sm4sh/Ultimate Roster size since I'm assuming Sakurai or someone equivalent to Sakurai for anime takes over to make the largest anime/manga crossover.

I'll be bringing together Kodansha (Weekly Shōnen Jump, Monthly Shōnen Magazine), Shueisha (Jump Square, Monthly Shōnen Jump), Kadowkawa Shoten, ASCII Media Works, Square Enix, and some extras.

Dragon Ball
- Goku
- Vegeta
- Frieza
- Piccolo
- Trunks

Naruto
- Naruto
- Sasuke
- Kakashi
- Gaara

One Piece
- Luffy
- Zoro
- Sanji
- Blackbeard

Bleach
-
Ichigo
- Aizen
- Rukia

Assassination Classroom
-
Koro-sensei

Shougeki no Soma
- Soma

D.Gray-man
- Allen Walker

Gintama
- Gintoki
- Kagura
- Shinpachi

Yu Yu Hakosho
-
Yusuke

Demon Slayer
- Tanjiro
- Zenitsu
- Inosuke
- Nezuko

Dr. Stone
- Senku

Hunter x Hunter
- Gon
- Killua
- Hisoka
- Kurapika

Blue Exorcist
- Rin Okumura
- Yukio Okumura

Black Clover
- Asta
- Yuno

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
- Jotaro
- Dio
- Jonathan
- Giorno

Yu-gi-oh
- Yugi Moto
- Seto Kaiba

Fist of the North Star
- Kenshiro

My Hero Academia
- Izuku Midoriya (Deku)
- Katsuki Bakugo
- Shoto Todoroki
- All Might
- Shigaraki

Fairy Tail
- Natsu
- Lucy
- Grey Fullbuster
- Erza
- Gajeel

Fullmetal Alchemist
- Edward Elric
- Alphonse Elric
- Roy Mustang

Kekkai Sensen
- Leo Watch

Sword Art Online
-
Kirito
- Asuna
- Alice

Soul Eater
- Maka and Soul
- Death the Kid
- Black Star

Index
- Toma Kamijou
- Misaka Mikoto
- Accelerator

Konosuba
- Kazuma (fights with his party)

Haruhi Suzumiya
- Haruhi

Cowboy Bebop
- Spike

Oreimo
- Kirino

The Devil is a Part Timer
- Mao
- Emilia

The Irregular at Magic High (some reason ASCII refuses to let go of it)
- Tatsuya
- Miyuki

Kill la Kill
- Ryuko
- Satsuki
- Mako

Squid Girl
- Squid Girl

Hajime no Ippo
- Ippo

79 characters total, which is around Ultimate's size. I'm also assuming this is with all DLC, so base would be around 64 characters.
You didn't put Jolyne there we unstan

Anyway I forgot about Corocoro yeah lol

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
I feel like people don't understand how bad other Season Passes are in terms of "not knowing what's coming" if they're complaining about the Fighter's Pass so much. Other season passes tend to be far more secretive all around. At least with the Fighter's Pass you knew:
  • The total number of Challenger Packs you would be getting
  • The content within those Challenger Packs (One Character, One Stage, Music for that Stage, and later on a Classic Mode and Spirit Run)
  • The end date for the pass as February 2020
That's actually a lot of information for passes considering sometimes they only say "Buy the Season Pass for $29.99 and get the DLC content" with no parameters for what you're getting or when. Not to mention, the Fighter's Pass also takes off $5 from buying the fighters individually (with the option to buy them individually also being present in the first place considering some games only have Passes these days with no option for individual purchases). And furthermore, Nintendo has a really consistent major Nintendo Direct schedule you can generally expect to use to see reveals and have at least a time frame in which to really expect them. Finally, the fact that Sakurai is at the helm at all is a massive reason to trust in a season pass as opposed to like 99% of other Season Passes that can go very bad very quickly, whereas the worst you can expect from Sakurai is him choosing a character you don't personally want as much and still making them fun to play.

Also, it has always stood out to me as absurd to compare some brand new characters in like Street Fighter as a reveal to Smash bringing in literal third party legends that would usually constitute a massive reveal in their own right. I get Mortal Kombat has also done this to some extent, but even those IPs are traditionally less prominent than they used to be (The various movie characters tend to come from franchises that had their heyday years ago, or something like Joker which isn't really surprising when they make Injustice anyway). There's just no other singular piece of DLC I can think of that is going to compare to Smash DLC, and there's an insane opportunity cost to being too forthcoming with that sort of thing for Nintendo and Sakurai (such as a full reveal of the pass or whatever).

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I feel like people don't understand how bad other Season Passes are in terms of "not knowing what's coming" if they're complaining about the Fighter's Pass so much. Other season passes tend to be far more secretive all around. At least with the Fighter's Pass you knew:
  • The total number of Challenger Packs you would be getting
  • The content within those Challenger Packs (One Character, One Stage, Music for that Stage, and later on a Classic Mode and Spirit Run)
  • The end date for the pass as February 2020
That's actually a lot of information for passes considering sometimes they only say "Buy the Season Pass for $29.99 and get the DLC content" with no parameters for what you're getting or when. Not to mention, the Fighter's Pass also takes off $5 from buying the fighters individually (with the option to buy them individually also being present in the first place considering some games only have Passes these days with no option for individual purchases). And furthermore, Nintendo has a really consistent major Nintendo Direct schedule you can generally expect to use to see reveals and have at least a time frame in which to really expect them. Finally, the fact that Sakurai is at the helm at all is a massive reason to trust in a season pass as opposed to like 99% of other Season Passes that can go very bad very quickly, whereas the worst you can expect from Sakurai is him choosing a character you don't personally want as much and still making them fun to play.

Also, it has always stood out to me as absurd to compare some brand new characters in like Street Fighter as a reveal to Smash bringing in literal third party legends that would usually constitute a massive reveal in their own right. I get Mortal Kombat has also done this to some extent, but even those IPs are traditionally less prominent than they used to be (The various movie characters tend to come from franchises that had their heyday years ago, or something like Joker which isn't really surprising when they make Injustice anyway). There's just no other singular piece of DLC I can think of that is going to compare to Smash DLC, and there's an insane opportunity cost to being too forthcoming with that sort of thing for Nintendo and Sakurai (such as a full reveal of the pass or whatever).
But Eric, you don't understand.

I want it and I want it NOW!

How dare Nintendo not cater directly to me and my lack of patience!

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
But Eric, you don't understand.

I want it and I want it NOW!

How dare Nintendo not cater directly to me and my lack of patience!
But January is sooooo empty!

*Pokemon Direct happens and Tokyo Mirage Sessions releases*

Soooooo empty! Where's the news, Nintendo!

TBH it would be a lot more accurate if people said that there hasn't been any news that interests them specifically rather than try to say Nintendo isn't doing anything at all.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think it’s safe to say if a direct happens this week, they won’t cover TMS Encore as it drops literally this week. They might at least give a XCDE release date, which if that leak is true it’s most likely May 29.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom