• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official Newcomer/DLC Speculation Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

KatKit

Smash Lord
League of Legends has dozens of awesome characters, but I'm going to highlight one that's taken for granite. This character is as free as a bird, and she knows that something as insignificant as a pebble holds infinite potential, and I see so much potential in her. Simply put, she rocks! Literally. So, here's Taliyah, The Stoneweaver. Sorry, Malphite

Taliyah telepathically controls rocks, so her playstyle revolves around manipulating the battlefield itself; she gives stage control an entirely new meaning. Her goal isn't to simply attack opponents, but to also use the surrounding area to play to her strengths and fully utilize her special moves: many of which react to one another, and all of which are weaker while she's airborne. Taliyah is far stronger on the ground, and she can use her abilities to make it difficult for opponents to approach. Her attacks have incredible range and unique disjointed properties, and a special move that can push/pull grounded enemies farther/closer to her if it lands.

Neutral Special: Threaded Volley; Worked Ground (passive ability)
Press the special button to make 5 giant rocks twirl around Taliyah. The rocks block projectiles, but do not reflect them. Taliyah is able to move around after summoning the rocks, but she's unable to grab opponents while they are active. Press the button again to throw them. The first rock that hits deals the most damage (8%); the following deal 1% each if they land.

Worked Ground: When Threaded Volley is used on land, it leaves a circular marking around the immediate vicinity where it was used (roughly 1/3 of Battlefield). Moving in that area on the ground gives Taliyah a speed boost!

Normally, rocks thrown by Threaded Volley fly straight forward; however, they can be launched at an upward angle by using her...

Side Special: Seismic Shove

This is a disjoint attack; its range remains constant, but its distance increases the longer it is held! Tilt :GCR: and the special button to hit opponents away from you.

However, tap :GCR: while pressing the special button to pull opponents toward you instead.

The mound created by Seismic Shove remains on the stage for up to 8 seconds, or until the opponent destroys it. Throwing rocks from Taliyah's Neutral Special causes them to fly upward at an angle.

When used in the air, Taliyah simply jumps upward off of a rock. It deals no damage, but it doubles as a vertical recovery.

Seismic Shove can be used in tandem with...

Down Special: Unraveled Earth
Taliyah stumps on the ground, and little rock traps pop up in front of her. It deals no damage on initial impact, but it slows down opponents walking over it. After 5 seconds, the rocks explode and deal minor damage.

However, opponents pushed/pulled by Seismic Shove will instantly trigger the explosion, and it will deal extra damage.

Charge to increase its area of effect; a fully charged attack takes up 1/2 of Battlefield!

Up Special: Weaver's Wall

Grounded version is an unorthodox yet useful Up Special that quickly propels Taliyah forward; use whenever you want to effectively close the gap between you and the opponent. Multi-hitting attack. Press the jump button to hop into the air, or press the special button again to cancel it. If Taliyah is hit, the attack ends prematurely.

Aerial version travels upward diagonally, and covers less distance.

Dash Animation:

Rapid Jab Attack:
She just casually stands there while throwing a bunch of tiny rocks at you.

Smash Attack: Rock(on) Smash
Taliyah throws up the "rock on" finger gesture. The rocks move behind her and deal damage as she charges the attack, similar to when Corrin revvs up her chainsaw. It's a disjoint attack with slow startup, but good range and deals a decent amount of damage.

Down Smash: LoL
It looks exactly like that, glitter and all! Stylish multi-hitting attack. If it misses opponents, it still has a very small windbox.

Up Smash:
It is Taliyah's fastest smash attack. It hits in front of and directly above her. In stereotypical geokinetic fashion, it also blocks projectiles!

Up tilt:
Two part attack. Press tilt and the button for Taliyah to raise her arm upward, which deals weak damage. Press the A button again to cause a rock pile to sprout upward.

Forward Tilt:
She steps forward and kicks rocks at you! Fast attack with decent range.

Down Air:
She drops a rock down below. It can be reflected. It's a good follow-up attack after using the grounded version of her Weaver's Wall Up Special and jumping in the air.

Back Air:
A decent multihitting attack that's good for spacing and edgeguarding.

Up Air:

A somewhat reliable tool for Taliyah to deal with pesky airborne opponents. However, it doesn't travel far before the rocks break, and it can be reflected.

Down Throw:
It would be wrong if Taliyah didn't have at least one move that buries opponents, so yeah... Down throw buries. Try to time it with her Unraveled Earth down special, for a cool combo extension!

Forward Throw: Naturally, she'd have at least one Toph reference.
Taliyah does a weak chop and then yeets you with powerful Earthbending Stoneweaving. Is a kill throw.

Taliyah has neat little interaction taunt things in League, so they'd use these (the first minute of the vid is pretty much taunts), but this is basically the best one.

She happily sits on a floating rock, sways from side-to-side, and kicks her legs around!

Victory Animation:

The League of Legend developers are huge Smash fans, so I took time with this one. Many of the images I used are from Taliyah's concept art. I've never played the game, but I did a ton of research and tried my absolute best to make her as true to the character as possible, while still making her hypothetical Smash Bros. transition as fun and balanced as possible.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So... looks like XCDE’s release date was potentially leaked:

So... wouldn’t count on an XCXDE announcement till E3 probably

what if next direct they still show some additional optional content like Elma making a cameo in XCDE?? And with it ELMA IN SMASH?????

CroonerMike

Smash Lord

what if next direct they still show some additional optional content like Elma making a cameo in XCDE?? And with it ELMA IN SMASH?????
Ugh I want Elma. I loved Xenoblade X, it was so good and then I was disappointed hard with Xenoblade 2 :(

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Presume that FP5 is the final third-party character added Ultimate, and that every single post-pass DLC fighter is gonna be first-party. Who'd you pick to be the final third-party character? Personally I'd chose Amaterasu, just because.
Sgt. Cortez! Can't be anyone else! He is DLC for Fighter 5 and you're going to get ten more of him in the post pass!

How are you guys gonna react when Master Chief is announced as FP5 next week?
Master Chief will take off his helmet and it will reveal Sgt. Cortez being Fighter 5!

It's time to split!

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
This thread jumped a lot of pages in one go, what did I miss?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

This makes me really ****ing happy if true.

I feared that Nintendo would make me wait until the end of the year for its release.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
But Grant kirkhope tho

he told us not to hold our breath for banjo
I love how this is now the default response to MWs of people getting flat out shot down 100%.

So I’m going to say this once, and one time only.

A cryptic, tongue in cheek statement is vastly different from a hard “No” from a higher up unprompted. It was 100% spelt out clearly for everyone to see.

Are we on the same page now?

D

Deleted member

I love how this is now the default response to MWs of people getting flat out shot down 100%.

So I’m going to say this once, and one time only.

A cryptic, tongue in cheek statement is vastly different from a hard “No” from a higher up unprompted. It was 100% spelt out clearly for everyone to see.

Are we on the same page now?
NEVER

DarthEnderX

Smash Hero
Another point for Sol baybeeeeee
TEN POINTS FOR KUNIO!

It's ****ing wild seeing Billy & Jimmy Lee and Kunio/Riki in the same game with those throwback sprites. I also love how this shows the River City Girls are seen as Arcsys heavy hitters alongside characters like Sol or Ragna. What an awesome surprise.
I don't understand why Misako and Kyoko are an Ice Climbers-esque duo.

Anyway, not super interested in this, but it's cool to see ArcSys hold Kunio and Double Dragon up alongside their other characters.

Still, I think I'd rather just see Kunio in BlazBlue x Tag Battle.

Last edited:

3BitSaurus

Smash Master
Riot Games, the publishers/developers of League of Legends, often finds itself near the top of many “best companies to work for” lists, due to its relaxed corporate culture that prioritizes creativity and freedom among its staff. In short: they rock. One of Riot Game's characters perfectly represents all of those qualities. Much like the company, they are as free as a bird, and the Earth itself is a tapestry of their own making!

League of Legends has dozens of awesome characters, but I'm going to highlight one that's taken for granite. Riot Games knows that something as insignificant as a pebble holds infinite potential, and I see so much potential in this character: Taliyah, The Stoneweaver. Sorry, Malphite

[Reduced for viewing]

The League of Legend developers are huge Smash fans, so I took time with this one. Many of the images I used are from Taliyah's concept art. I've never played the game, but I did a ton of research and tried my absolute best to make her as true to the character as possible, while still making her hypothetical Smash Bros. transition as fun and balanced as possible.
Really cool moveset! One thing I'm noticing with her and other mages like Ryze, Lux and Ahri is that they all would be able to keep that burst magic aspect in Smash, which I think would be very interesting to see. I think we've yet to get a character that can literally chain all of their specials into one another like that, so it might be a really cool playstyle.

Also, do you mind crossposting this in the LoL thread? There's some people there that don't come here often, and I think they would really like your moveset!

On the other hand, if it really is during May, that implies we need some more footage of it before that, so... I think it's one more thing that would be shown in a January Direct.

Last edited:

AlgusUnderdunk

Smash Ace
*Coughs out huge plumes of dust and spiderwebs.*

Y'know for all the chatter about KOS-MOS as a potential fighter, I genuinely don't know how I'd feel seeing Mario slap around
the biblical Mary Magdalene.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Cute, but don’t say I didn’t warn you when FP5 passes without Chief in sight.

If you choose to plug your ears and believe its still up in the air, even though the answer was spelt right in front of you, idk what to tell you.

*Coughs out huge plumes of dust and spiderwebs.*

Y'know for all the chatter about KOS-MOS as a potential fighter, I genuinely don't know how I'd feel seeing Mario slap around
the biblical Mary Magdalene.
You are one month late to this bandwagon.

Nearly everything fell apart for her after the VGAs. Especially with what Harada said.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Grant Kirkhope would lie anyway if he knew(I remember he wasn't told for a while what was going on? But that doesn't make sense to contract either? Seems more like PR speak. Of course he knew what the project was. He was under NDA to lie. That's unrealistic).

Chief is not in some magical different boat. Frank is a constant ****poster, and would be under NDA to lie(never mind the context was talking about the literal timing, not DLC in general). He was frankly pointless to take seriously as is. And has lied before about stuff like this. The company said something(not Microsoft, but Bungie), but NDA's still work like that. They need to lie if asked and it's actually the case. Meaning we won't know if they're telling the truth or not till the actual reveal.

Welcome to how much NDA's suck and why you shouldn't take the words of companies/developers too seriously. There's no loophole. They simply don't have any way to say what's going on.

Dante nor Chief were ever off the table anyway(Verge's been leakbaited before. There is no good reason to treat him like the gospel. Nor Sabi either way. Keeping what they say in mind is logical. Pretending they're perfect is not. That's just plugging your ears in and refusing to listen to other factors or ideas). Doesn't mean there's anything really pointing to them either, but that's not the same. I do agree there's other choices who seem more likely though.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

If true about the date, I called it. I so called it when it was announced.

AlgusUnderdunk

Smash Ace

Nearly everything fell apart for her after the VGAs. Especially with what Harada said.
Bah, check my account date. I'm at least a decade late.

I will say one delightful thing about all the ongoing speculation I've now been introduced to an art gallery full of Doom Slayer cuddling his bunny Daisy.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
Grant Kirkhope would lie anyway if he knew(I remember he wasn't told for a while what was going on? But that doesn't make sense to contract either? Seems more like PR speak. Of course he knew what the project was. He was under NDA to lie. That's unrealistic).

Chief is not in some magical different boat. Frank is a constant ****poster, and would be under NDA to lie(never mind the context was talking about the literal timing, not DLC in general). He was frankly pointless to take seriously as is. And has lied before about stuff like this. The company said something(not Microsoft, but Bungie), but NDA's still work like that. They need to lie if asked and it's actually the case. Meaning we won't know if they're telling the truth or not till the actual reveal.

Welcome to how much NDA's suck and why you shouldn't take the words of companies/developers too seriously. There's no loophole. They simply don't have any way to say what's going on.

Dante nor Chief were ever off the table anyway(Verge's been leakbaited before. There is no good reason to treat him like the gospel. Nor Sabi either way. Keeping what they say in mind is logical. Pretending they're perfect is not. That's just plugging your ears in and refusing to listen to other factors or ideas). Doesn't mean there's anything really pointing to them either, but that's not the same. I do agree there's other choices who seem more likely though.
It was a flat out “No” completely unprompted.

No amount of plugging your ears and pulling the “NDA!!” card will magically change this fact. And this is coming from a Chief supporter.

And BTW, the “Vergeben is being leakbaited!!!” argument was used wholeheartedly by Grinch leak believers.

If Vergeben confirmed a fan favorite tomorrow, you all would be screaming “CONFIRMED!!!!” and wildly celebrating, 150%.

But since he has shot down a bunch of fan favorites, nearly all of you have been reaching for every possible straw to try and discredit what he and Sabi have been saying, despite their track records.

This community truly has not learned from the Grinch leak, and likely never will.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Cute, but don’t say I didn’t warn you when FP5 passes without Chief in sight.

If you choose to plug your ears and believe its still up in the air, even though the answer was spelt right in front of you, idk what to tell you.

You're such a fun and pleasant guy.

I.D.

Smash Lord
But since he has shot down a bunch of fan favorites, nearly all of you have been reaching for every possible straw to try and discredit what he and Sabi have been saying, despite their track records.
It's not even been a month since you were going around making posts swearing off veggieboy because he disconfirmed your favorite. Settle down.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
It was a flat out “No” completely unprompted.

No amount of plugging your ears and pulling the NDA card will magically change this fact. And this is coming from a Chief supporter.

And BTW, the “Vergeben is being leakbaited!!!” argument was used wholeheartedly by Grinch leak believers.

If Vergeben confirmed a fan favorite tomorrow, you all would be screaming “CONFIRMED!” and wildly celebrating, 150%.

But since he has shot down a bunch of fan favorites, all of you are reaching for every possible straw to try and discredit what he and Sabi have been saying, despite their track records.

This community truly has not learned from the Grinch leak, and likely never will.
You mean a clear ****post by Frank? That's exactly why it's a ****post. He wasn't asked anything. He just randomly spoke, made no sense in his wording, since the only context is the game he's currently downloading(which could not have had Chief anyway), and was pretty much a **** about it. So, his normal ****post of the day. You do know he's intentionally lied on Twitter about new content before, saying it's not happening despite it happening in the end right? That's why taking him 100% seriously is not worth it. He's known for lying.

And yes, Vergeben has been leakbaited before. It's been literally confirmed with the Minecraft stuff. Which is Smash content, meaning that he is not perfect in Smash information. Why would anyone believe he can't be leakbaited at all despite it happening?

You're the only one reaching for him to be the gospel. People are actually being very smart by taking him as only possibly correct. Welcome to how leaking works, where they actually don't get correct information all the time. And "you all?" really? Cause I'd remain skeptical after knowing he was clearly lied to multiple times(the Nintendo direct). Let's not forget that he did call the first DLC wrong, which is a legitimate reason people are skeptical about him. While he did call Terry right, that's dubious if he simply knew from insiders or not. Anybody can claim it after it was leaked by Nintendo. Besides, he didn't say Banjo till after someone else. The only DLC thing he got right is we were getting Erdrick down the line. It's not in his favor. Yes, it's possible it was the final nail to confirm Terry was real, but we can't say that for sure. On the other hand, he could've been speculating that Erdrick was the first DLC(since he was told of him during base game), instead of being told that. But since we can't know that, we can't really take these statements as anything that helps him either.

So no, pretending he's the gospel is ridiculous. For that matter, to pretend he hasn't been lied to before is also ridiculous. We know for a fact he has been lied to. Thinking it won't happen again is not reasonable. So sorry, I will not take Verge as the gospel, and you've given zero reasons to do so. If he never got a thing wrong, you'd have a point. But it doesn't matter that he's fairly reliable. He's gotten content wrong in the end. Nothing will change this hard fact. You're the only one literally treating him as perfect when you know it's not the case. And I don't even think Chief nor Dante will be FP5 myself, but I already learned NDA's cover that and to never take disconfirmations seriously whatsoever anymore. Keeping them in mind, sure, but treating them as the gospel? Too much evidence shows it's a foolish idea and a good way to get burned. And I repeat once again I'd think Chief and Dante are far more likely post-pass(if at all), so that's not even a legitimate counterpoint.

Absolutes are a really bad position to take no matter what. There's never a case where it's a good idea.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So people finally learned to not take his word as gospel after he de-confirmed the entire gaming industry's worth of companies?
This seems like revisionist history, I remember people having a hate boner for Verge since before Ultimate even came out.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
This seems like revisionist history, I remember people having a hate boner for Verge since before Ultimate even came out.
So true. He's not reliable for DLC, but base game? Hell yes he was. That, and some are hating for no real reason. I get disliking leaks, but you can dislike it without being a revisionist. That's just denying the truth.

I do feel bad for Minecraft fans being baited, though. But that's not Verge's fault.

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
It's not even been a month since you were going around making posts swearing off veggieboy because he disconfirmed your favorite. Settle down.
It wasn’t because he “disconfirmed my favorite”.

When that happened, I immediately flew up the white flag and gave up. However, it was the confusion about KOS-MOS that made me start to briefly doubt him afterwards.

But looking back at it, it was just likely confusion about the copyright.

I’m going all in on Vergeben and Sabi being right for FP5 now, even if it means my “favorite” isn’t getting in.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

This thread jumped a lot of pages in one go, what did I miss?
Nothing groundbreaking. Just recycled hopes and dreams. Not a single leak or drop of info from anywhere that leads us in any particular direction. Its just basic chat that's moved the thread further along.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
It wasn’t because he “disconfirmed my favorite”.

When that happened, I immediately flew up the white flag and gave up. However, it was the confusion about KOS-MOS that made me start to briefly doubt him afterwards.

But looking back at it, it was just likely confusion about the copyright.

I’m going all in on Vergeben and Sabi being right for FP5 now, even if my “favorite” isn’t getting in.
I don't have time to keep up, who are they saying is FP5 now? Or are they still just saying who it ISN'T?

nessdeltarune00

Banned via Warnings
You're such a fun and pleasant guy.
I honestly really don’t care on how I’m perceived on this site.

When people cook up self pandering, nonsensical theories on why a character who was blatantly disconfirmed by a higher up, a hard “No” so to speak, is still going to be playable for FP5, I’m going to call it out as such.

Sorry for telling people what they don’t want to hear.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Okay, so since everyone's dropping these "games"/thought experiments here every once in a while, how about this one?

Presume that FP5 is the final third-party character added Ultimate, and that every single post-pass DLC fighter is gonna be first-party. Who'd you pick to be the final third-party character? Personally I'd chose Amaterasu, just because.

I think our best bet for that being gone is the Monday of each upcoming week. I don't know if that was when the past ones were removed, mind you, but it would feel fitting.
I'd pick Crash. He's easily my most wanted third party character.

P.Kat

Smash Champion
Riot Games, the publishers/developers of League of Legends, often finds itself near the top of many “best companies to work for” lists, due to its relaxed corporate culture that prioritizes creativity and freedom among its staff. In short: they rock. One of Riot Game's characters perfectly represents all of those qualities. Much like the company, they are as free as a bird, and the Earth itself is a tapestry of their own making!

League of Legends has dozens of awesome characters, but I'm going to highlight one that's taken for granite. Riot Games knows that something as insignificant as a pebble holds infinite potential, and I see so much potential in this character: Taliyah, The Stoneweaver. Sorry, Malphite

Taliyah telepathically controls rocks, so her playstyle revolves around manipulating the battlefield itself; she gives stage control an entirely new meaning. Her goal isn't to simply attack opponents, but to also use the surrounding area to play to her strengths and fully utilize her special moves: many of which react to one another, and all of which are weaker while she's airborne. Taliyah is far stronger on the ground, and she can use her abilities to make it difficult for opponents to approach. Her attacks have incredible range and unique disjointed properties, and a special move that can push/pull grounded enemies farther/closer to her if it lands.

Neutral Special: Threaded Volley; Worked Ground (passive ability)

Press the special button to make 5 giant rocks twirl around Taliyah. The rocks block projectiles, but do not reflect them. Taliyah is able to move around after summoning the rocks, but she's unable to grab opponents while they are active. Press the button again to throw them. The first rock that hits deals the most damage (8%); the following deal 1% each if they land.

Worked Ground: When Threaded Volley is used on land, it leaves a circular marking around the immediate vicinity where it was used (roughly 1/3 of Battlefield). Moving in that area on the ground gives Taliyah a speed boost!

Normally, rocks thrown by Threaded Volley fly straight forward; however, they can be launched at an upward angle by using her...

Side Special: Seismic Shove

This is a disjoint attack; its range remains constant, but its distance increases the longer it is held! Tilt :GCR: and the special button to hit opponents away from you.

However, tap :GCR: while pressing the special button to pull opponents toward you instead.

The mound created by Seismic Shove remains on the stage for up to 8 seconds, or until the opponent destroys it. Throwing rocks from Taliyah's Neutral Special causes them to fly upward at an angle.

When used in the air, Taliyah simply jumps upward off of a rock. It deals no damage, but it doubles as a vertical recovery.

Seismic Shove can be used in tandem with...

Down Special: Unraveled Earth

Taliyah stumps on the ground, and little rock traps pop up in front of her. It deals no damage on initial impact, but it slows down opponents walking over it. After 5 seconds, the rocks explode and deal minor damage.

However, opponents pushed/pulled by Seismic Shove will instantly trigger the explosion, and it will deal extra damage.

Charge to increase its area of effect; a fully charged attack takes up 1/2 of Battlefield!

Up Special: Weaver's Wall

Grounded version is an unorthodox yet useful Up Special that quickly propels Taliyah forward; use whenever you want to effectively close the gap between you and the opponent. Multi-hitting attack. Press the jump button to hop into the air, or press the special button again to cancel it. If Taliyah is hit, the attack ends prematurely.

Aerial version travels upward diagonally, and covers less distance.

Dash Animation:

Rapid Jab Attack:

She just casually stands there while throwing a bunch of tiny rocks at you.

Smash Attack: Rock(on) Smash

Taliyah throws up the "rock on" finger gesture. The rocks move behind her and deal damage as she charges the attack, similar to when Corrin revvs up her chainsaw. It's a disjoint attack with slow startup, but good range and deals a decent amount of damage.

Down Smash: LoL

It looks exactly like that, glitter and all! Stylish multi-hitting attack. If it misses opponents, it still has a very small windbox.

Up Smash:

It is Taliyah's fastest smash attack. It hits in front of and directly above her. In stereotypical geokinetic fashion, it also blocks projectiles!

Up tilt:

Two part attack. Press tilt and the button for Taliyah to raise her arm upward, which deals weak damage. Press the A button again to cause a rock pile to sprout upward.

Forward Tilt:

She steps forward and kicks rocks at you! Fast attack with decent range.

Down Air:

She drops a rock down below. It can be reflected. It's a good follow-up attack after using the grounded version of her Weaver's Wall Up Special and jumping in the air.

Back Air:

A decent multihitting attack that's good for spacing and edgeguarding.

Up Air:

A somewhat reliable tool for Taliyah to deal with pesky airborne opponents. However, it doesn't travel far before the rocks break, and it can be reflected.

Down Throw:

It would be wrong if Taliyah didn't have at least one move that buries opponents, so yeah... Down throw buries. Try to time it with her Unraveled Earth down special, for a cool combo extension!

Forward Throw: Naturally, she'd have at least one Toph reference.

Taliyah does a weak chop and then yeets you with powerful Earthbending Stoneweaving. Is a kill throw.

Taliyah has neat little interaction taunt things in League, so they'd use these (the first minute of the vid is pretty much taunts), but this is basically the best one.

She happily sits on a floating rock, sways from side-to-side, and kicks her legs around!

Victory Animation:

Please, Ahri is the only League of Legends character I wa- *sees Taliyah's moveset* *Looks at Ahri, looks at Taliyah* *sweats nervously* Darn it Katkit what have you done!

But seriously this is a great moveset, nice job. I like how despite her earth style, the special moves flow into each other like water. If she gets into Smash I wouldn't mind at all.
Okay, so since everyone's dropping these "games"/thought experiments here every once in a while, how about this one?

I'm right there with you, I'd choose Amaterasu too.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
So if there's a direct next week, chances are we'll find out on Monday and get it middle of the week, at least if pattern hold true and we all know what happens to people who try to look for patterns in Smash.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
So if there's a direct next week, chances are we'll find out on Monday and get it middle of the week, at least if pattern hold true and we all know what happens to people who try to look for patterns in Smash.
At least the amiibo theory is pretty much slaughtered. Just a big coincidence at best. Good riddance. It just stifled discussion.

I'd say a Direct next week or the one after seems the most likely. We have all month too, since with the latest update not ending till the 31st, we're probably getting a February release anyway.

The only good one was the Box Theory, and it wasn't a strict pattern so much as something concrete.

GoodGrief741

Smash Legend

Presume that FP5 is the final third-party character added Ultimate, and that every single post-pass DLC fighter is gonna be first-party. Who'd you pick to be the final third-party character?
Someone big, like Crash, or Sora, or Kratos. Both to serve as a fitting end and so that people don't complain about the first party focus (they will anyway).

Riot Games, the publishers/developers of League of Legends, often finds itself near the top of many “best companies to work for” lists, due to its relaxed corporate culture that prioritizes creativity and freedom among its staff. In short: they rock.
Uhh, wasn't it just last year when it came to light that Riot has a sexist and really toxic work culture? I remember there were strikes and everything, which is pretty rare in the gaming industry.

Evil Trapezium

Smash Master
NNID
GuyManRunnin
Switch FC
SW-2246-2414-0334
Nintendo is wising up. That's why there wasn't a Terry 7-11 poster when he wasn't released yet. They caught on to people nailing down the release dates for characters.

At least that is what I think has happened. I wonder if they aren't going to release a Nintendo direct a week after a Pokemon direct?

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Not that it'll ever happen, but Brian from Quest 64, easily.

It's tough competition, cause there's tons of awesome 3rd parties besides him I want too; Rabbids, Crash, Steve, Master Chief, Dante, Lara Croft, Agumon, Lloyd Irving, Nightmare(Soul Calibur). And many who were Spirit'd Away or Costume'd.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Well that hate boner definitely wasn't in this thread lol.
True, but only cause this thread didn't exist yet.

Hate boner did, but on the Ultimate General, which was basically the same as this thread at that time.

Though the hate boner has been in this thread for ages. Yeish. -_-

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom