• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomer #3 leaps onto the scene!

C

ChozoChampion

actually about diddy’s guitar i think that it might be too close of a copy of dk’s bongos. personally id rather see every character have a unique final smash.

C

ChozoChampion

were long due for a stage….of course i like the music updates too. we need some kirby music!

J

Jalapeno 64

This is a little off topic, but I think in Brawl, everyone should have their own individual shields. Like Pit could cover himself with his wings, and bowser could hide in his shell.

E

EvilToad01

It’s not a bad thought, Jalapeno. I’ve always thought it was a bit odd that each character had this inexplicable force field. Only thing is how would they demonstrate the shield weakening and then breaking?

C

ChozoChampion

ya mario music would be awsome too. i wonder if they will make u actually take reduced dmg this time around while blocking. if they did give everyone thier own block animation this would seem more plausible.

E

EdwardGordon

To Jalapeno:
From what I’ve seen, I think you’ll get your wish.

I wonder if the picture of Diddy and Squirtle, is Diddy in a regular stance or a taunt or maybe something else.

K

Kinnikuman

To any of the blog writers out their I love those new moveset topics especially Captain Falcon’s It would be awesome if u could make a Yoshi or Pikachu one of those.
On Topic: It would be really disapointing to me if we got diddy’s B and up B moves tomorrow for 2 reasons 1. I want to se PT’s moves. 2. It would just be Peanut Popguns and The jetpack thing. Sure it wold tell us a little more info but mostly just hints and tidbits so yeah.
To jalapeno: Do we have GATE tomorrow?….Everyone else ignore.

E

EdwardGordon

To Kinnikuman and Jalapeno

GATE…. lol. I recognize that. Where you two from?

K

Kinnikuman

EdwardGordon I’m from Ohio…It’s a school thing.
About the shield thing I believe the pre release pics for melee did not include the bubble shields because they were believed to be an eyesore. Just makes u think, maybe they are edited pics.
But I think dat would be cool to have individual blocks. And to answer the question they could be shown getting weaker by making your character flash red faster and faster until…Poof.

E

EdwardGordon

Yeah my old schools down here in San Diego have that.

Off topic, I know.

K

Kirby Kirby Kirby

Pokemon Stadium update including two new forms. Hopefully……………….
***Isaac 4 Brawl***

J

Jalapeno 64

Possible Paper Mario Moveset:

B: fire ball/ flowerpower (I’ve only played the one for the Wii so I don’t know if he has that attack in the gamecube ones)
B> -fleep- activates the fleep pixl (you can move it around and then press B to flip people to make them dizzy)
B^ -carrie- Mario rides Carrie upwards a little bit
Bv - thudley- but smashes
normal A- punch, jab, upercut
A>- slaps the enemy
Av -cudge- mario gets a hammer and attacks the direstion he’s facing(like Mewtwo’s down A)
A^ mario swings his fist above his head
Run- uses Dashell to run faster
grab -thoreau- uses this pixel to reach out and grab enemies
Of course these are just my ideas

E

EdwardGordon

I don’t mean to be a pessimist but I don’t think we can expect a new character each week.

Actually I expect to only see 4 more characters before Brawl comes out. Maybe a little bit more.

Cause I bet we can expect to see all the characters revealed as playable, and we’re almost to character number twenty and I don’t think the game will start out with more than twenty characters. And if secret characters won’t be seen till the game comes out (besides Snake)…..

Do you get what I’m saying?

I can only see getting Captain Falcon’s profile, MetaKnight’s and two more new ones.

Call me crazy but I think I have a valid point here.

C

ChozoChampion

i wish we would get an update on the online multiplayer soon. it’s killing me wondering what modes will be featured.

C

ChozoChampion

well just about 3 months left till brawls here…. i don’t know how im going to sleep at all near the end of november the way the updates have been going the past few weeks

H

homelessvagrant

well EdwardGorden you have a point but you need to consider that Sakurai’s excited about the game too. I doubt he can hold his excitement on who the starters are. If anyones noticed there probably about twice as many character related posts than anything else. But yeah i want more stages to be revieled as well as more game related items. And squirtles moves, I really would like to know squirtles moves

E

EvilToad01

Yeah I agree they cannot keep up this level of awesome in the updates. There’s like 70-something more to go before launch. Either things are going to peter out or Sakurai’s gonna cut us off soon. He never said we were going to get updates until launch…

You guys might not like it, but I wouldn’t mind seeing an item update for an old item. I gotta believe that some of the old items have new features.

E

EdwardGordon

You know…. I have heard talk of how cool it would be if each character faced their own boss somewhere in the adventure mode.

And the Kirby vs Petey scenario got me thinking….

What if depending on the character you choose, you’ll face a different game’s boss(s)?

Link vs Ridley
Mario vs King K. Rool
Pikachu vs Nightmare
Kirby vs Ganondorf

Wouldn’t that be more fun? I mean, we’ve faced the boss(s) before with the corresponding characters , why not mix things up a bit?

On a different note: Assuming Petey is a mini boss, what other mini bosses would you like to see in Brawl’s adventure mode?

E

EvilToad01

He did? Oh nice. Oh, here’s a thought: What if he’s only going to update until Brawl launches in Japan? It may launch earlier there.

M

mcs

edwart gorton kinda has a point….though id like it if that was a different mode….like a adventure mode 2.

a miniboss id like to see is grodus (from paper mario) complete with lightning and those little…x..things… I STILL HATE THOSE! RRAAAAAARRRR! something from geist would be good too (it was made by nintendo so no worries ^_^ )

RRRRRAARAAAARARAARARARRA!

A

Animal 214

i wanna c metaknight i guess u said all the good bosses actually take that back bowser

H

homelessvagrant

yeah I like that better. Actually I’d rathe be able to face all the bosses with any such character.

Good minibosses would include Kracko, skull kid, Andross, Ashnard, Samurai Gorroh, and giygas to list a few

H

homelessvagrant

mcs they’ll probably keep classic mode for those who miss the old smash flavor. After all it’s not hard to do.

A

Animal 214

so diddy kongs peanut launcher like falcos laser nd jetpak like foxes up b u think

E

EdwardGordon

Maybe King Bulblin from the Bridge of Eldin stage is a minniboss?

It wouldn’t be that difficult to make him one since he’s already in the game.

E

EdwardGordon

To homelessvagrant:

I’m so glad you mentioned Ashnard. You’re the first one I’ve seen mention him on here besides me.

Though, he’s seem to good to not be playable or both.

H

homelessvagrant

well I think he deserves his due, fire emblem is a very promising franchise that I believe if Nintendo put more work into could be one of Zelda’s excaliber. But alas I doubt Nintendo will ever feel the need to put work in the series as would a zelda game. I believe the same thing with the console pokemon games.

A

ArtyTheB

I would say that his Popguns would shoot in rapid-fire bursts.
Maybe shooting 3 or 4 peanuts at a time.

Top Bottom