• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newcomer #3 leaps onto the scene!

tstumo

Smash Journeyman
Mic:

about the rare sign. someone said that the nintendo logo on the hat was a bit much. so I just said Diddy had the rare sign before that. so it doenst make much of a difference now.

for the zamus I think there might be a way to start the match as her and she will have her own Fs.

Diddy will be the 3rd character I try out.

E

EvilToad01

Yeah I forgot Diddy had the Rare logo before. It was yellow and more compact. More aesthetically pleasing than the Nintendo one in this case, I suppose.

E

EvilToad01

If they made the Nintendo logo yellow instead of white, it’d look good.

S

solid_snack

I like the Nintendo logo as it is. If they changed it, it wouldn’t be Nintendo anymore.

M

Maric

What I want to see is a new character from another fighting game. It would be awesome to see a fighting game characters move set translated to brawl, for my instance my vote goes to ryu for that honor an up B tornado kick that either hovers like donkey kongs up B or like Links.

A

Animal 214

im definelty maining him so unexpected at this rate theres alot more then 34 charachters we get 1 like everyweek its madness

R

ravenkikas

My top 5 request characters for brawl:
1-Metallica
2-Kermit the frog
3-Beetlejuice
4-Dr.House
5-Rambo

Hahaha Just kidding of course! LOL =|

R

ravenkikas

August 23- an update maybe about jim carrey… lol j/k man i dont know what’s wrong with me today! =| lool I think we deserve to see a new stage
August 24- Maybe something about Metal Gear =O
If not, how about a pokeball update or a AT =\

J

Jalapeno 64

Here’s an idea that could be turned into a stage
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/92/Coleco_Donkey_Kong.png

J

Jalapeno 64

I also hope that they have more retro stages (from the original smash bros) because I loved the hyrule castle stage, and I want to play in it again without having to buy an N64

K

Kinnikuman

Final Destination Hyrule castle and the fox space ship level in melee hopefully make a return in brawl.
NOOK 4 BRAWL!!!!!!!!!!!!

R

ravenkikas

Man i loved the Hyrul castle from smash 64 so much! maybe they’ll re-design some of the old-ones

V

vinternet

Two hopes for Diddy’s moveset:

Forward+B (or Dash+A) - Cartwheel. This move should let you cartwheel off of an edge and double jump out of it with increased horizontal distance like in the DKC games and DK64.

Taunt - His boombox/rap from the end-of-level animation in DKC2.

U

UndrDog

I’unno, combos would probably be very interesting. I would like to see him as a character that could chain any of his A moves consecutively. Like how smoothly Sheik’s F-Tilts roll one into the next. Perhaps even if you start the attack while at a certain point in the previous attack he’ll move into that attack rather then his default fighting stance. Thus if done correctly he can chain taps, tilts and maybe even weak smashes in a similar manner as Fox and other characters can chain their A-Taps.

R

ravenkikas

Scrat 4 brawl =O
oh man enough.. i will shut up 4 today… =| lol

K

Kirby Kirby Kirby

Diddy! Yeah! Hah, all four limbs!
I would like to suggest another possible newcomer: BioSpark
For those who aren’t familiar with the Kirby game universe BioSpark is Kirby’s Ninja enemy. Now, this character will proabably only be able to make it into brawl if King DeDeDe dosen’t make it. I just thought i’d put it out there.
***Isaac 4 Brawl***
***BioSpark 4 Brawl***
***Nook 4 Brawl***

M

mcs

wow. sakurai can read minds! lol.

off topic: this is about the bomb (literal not other) in yesterdays update. dosent the logo on it look a bit…..familiar? ill give you a hint: starts with x and ends with…..s. paper mario?anyone?

S

sweet zelda

i really hope princess peach’s castle is back
that’s my wish……for now

J

Jalapeno 64

I also hope that Paper Mario will be a character. That would be sweet.

C

ChozoChampion

well i welcome anyone they put into brawl….if i don’t like them its all the more fun kill them

C

ChozoChampion

i wonder how well diddy and dk will compliment each other in team play ones power ones speed….seems deadly to me

J

Jalapeno 64

Who lnows, mabey his final smash would be riding around on that rhino (I forget what it’s called)

S

sweet zelda

i really think he is silly
i’m sorry but i don’t now why?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Diddy+Dk team=pwnage! :) Diddy is gonna rock, no doubt! :) His final smash should be his electric guitar. My Diddy Kong moveset:

nB: Peanut Guns: Diddy fires them similar to Fox’s blaster, but at Falco’s blaster’s speed, and 1 followed by another, then pause, 1 and then 1 (since he has two guns). This stuns the opponent, but for a short time only. Great for charging your opponents!

^B: Jet Pack: Diddy boosts up with his Jetpack, and then can control the DI much better, and can DI faster sideways, much like Peach’s parasol. The damage is racked up by when the boost is hit, and he opponent is headbutted on the way up, or afterwards from the jetpack’s engines.

<B> Chimp Charge: Straight from DK64, Diddy headbut charges forward, and can go shorter distances when B is pressed. It does a very high amount of damage, but doesn’t pack much of a punch.

dB: Orange Gernade: Acting as sorta of Diddy’s version of Link’s bombs, Diddy ducks and throws them, or can simply fast toss them. Diddy pulls them out, and can do a array of things with them. For example, dB can be held for a harder throw, with more distance, and the gernades bounce and do more damage. Also, in air they are used exactly like Link’s bombs, but fall much faster.

They generally do a fair amount of damage, and when combined with Diddy’s guns it can be great spamability. Also, they generally bounce two or three times, but when charged they can go up to 5 or 6, and there explosion is fairly small, like Link’s bombs. They have overall decent damage, stun, and knockback, and are all around good, but not overpowerful. Also, when hey hit something other than the ground (or the ground after X amount of bounce), they immediately explode.

Running A: Cartwheel: Diddy Cartwheels into the opponent, doing a decently high amount of damage with little impact, but around average amount of stun.

dAtilt: Diddy swipes forward with his tail.

dA smash: Diddy clears the area, attacking in front and back with his tail, similar to Mario’s dA smash, but with less damage, about the same impact and stun, and more range.

Auptilt: Diddy headbutts toward the sky.

Aupsmash: Diddy does a full charged hard hitting headbutt, that doesn’t do as much damage as you would like, but has decent stun, and good impact.

nA: Punch, kick, tail whip.

Asidesmash: Diddy raises his tail and tailwhips his opponent. This doesn’t do as much damage as most would like, but the stun and impact are great!

Aupair: Diddy Flips and kicks his opponents with both feet, getting some impact, good stun, and a fair amount of damage.

<A>air: Diddy spins, damaging his opponents with his arms and tails. Has little impact and stun, but is a good damage racker!

dAair: Diddy straight headbutts his opponent, doing good damage, impact, and stun. However, it takes a bit to charge and launch this attack.

nA air: Diddy extends his knee and tail to hit his opponent. Does decent damage, impact, and stun, and if done towards the ground can be very comboable.

Grab: Diddy pulls in his opponents, using his tail.

Grab hits: Constant hjeadbutting of the opponent until thrown, they break free, or other fighters or something ends the grab.

Grab throw: Diddy whirls them out in his tail, doing little damage, but good stun and kinda good impact.

down Grab Throw: Diddy uses his tail, and thrashes his opponents down, doing good damage, greay impact, and some stun. However, they usually bounce into the air, ready for combat.

up Grab Throw: Diddy throws his opponent up with his arms. smacking them before released. Decent damage, some impact, and decent stun, but the real advantage is that this is bvery comboable.

up side Grab throw: Diddy grabs his opponent with his arms, chucks them Mario and Luigi style, and then shoots them. Does great damage, decent impact, and good stun. Definetly the best damage racking grab, outside of combos.

Z air: Like Link, Samus, and YLink, I felt Diddy deserved a Z air attack. Diddy whips his tail out, and smacks his opponent(s) downward hard. Does extremely great impact, well below average damage, and good stun. While lacking damage, this move can be effective for mid-air combos, or air to ground combos. When done right, this move can be a huge tactical advantage for the users.

E

EvilToad01

Hey, if they have a classic mode that’s similar to Melee’s Adventure Mode, this time you’ll fight two Diddys instead of two mini-DK’s.

S

sweet zelda

talk about a loooooooooooooooong comment
what were you thinking

Top Bottom