• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Newbie Peach Training Guide

jlorde34@yahoo.com

Smash Apprentice
Peach is definitely the best on the game. I knew everything in this guide and just reading it makes me want to have a smash tournament in my apartment. Its too funny how people react to peach's flying and down smash lol

jlorde34@yahoo.com

Smash Apprentice
and her dashing attack after a you throw a turnip is pretty useful too try that. throw a turnip and follow right behind it with a dash n00bs get confused and always let their guard down lol. or throw a turnip , short hop and do her bicycle kick directly to her down smash. try to land behind them a little so they dont shield grab you. they can't keep blocking this combo it takes down too much of your shield.... thats why us peach players love her down smash.

PyroRyuken

Smash Ace
Thanks this helped me improve my peach game a bit. Also, it's true about your freinds getting angry at you for using the d smash lol.

cwistofu

Smash Rookie
couple quick questions:

i've been watching some mikael vids and he does a lot of hopping over and bair/dairing into floats right above the floor. i've been trying this, but it just feels awkward. since i'm always holding the jump button to float, i've grown accustomed to doing aerial attacks with A. should i but hitting jump, quickly hitting cstick back/down, and then quickly holding jump before the attack finishes? or is there a better way to go about doing this?

another thing I saw: nair out of shield. haven't tried it myself, but is he just hitting jump+A right after letting go of the shield?

thanks

Kips

Smash Ace
Great guide, it was very helpful. I have a request- Could you make a seperate Turnip section? I once saw something about chaining turnips but now I can't remember what it is... Do you know what it is?

GSUB

Smash Lord
another thing I saw: nair out of shield. haven't tried it myself, but is he just hitting jump+A right after letting go of the shield?
You're right except you don't actually let go of your shield.
You can jump out of your shield while shielding. Which you can then follow up with an aerial.
Or you can jump cancel or wavedash out of your shield too.
^^

GSUB

Smash Lord
You could dair again and then nair or bair.
or float cancel the dair into a grab to continue the combo.
or float cancel the dair to a down tilt (then fsmash or what ever. or grab)

Mix it up. you don't ALWAYS need to d-smash. people catch on if you do the same thing over and over and over again.

and remember: CONTINUE A COMBO > 1 D-SMASH

(unless your oppenent always CC's your d-smash! ahah that's the best)

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I use d-tilt most out of her tilts. I mix it in after shffled dairs.

I typically don't use most of the others outside of truly situational scenarios.

Ðesh•

Smash Cadet
time the fair its not too hard,
if theyre recovering from below the stage and they have a bad habit of not sweet spotting then dsmash,
you can fsmash a lot of recoveries(racket semi spikes)
if theres a spacies going to fantasm/illusion to the ledge you can instant float over the ledge and dair, it hits below the ledge so you can do like dair>nair or something gay

nair recoveries, bair recoveries, idk, theres a bunch of options.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
89%? I don't main peach, but I thought it was like 54 or 64 if you crouch canceled for the duration of the hitboxes.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
I produced 64 when I tested. Explain. I guess I just don't understand how you properly use improper DI to take that much without using a turnip or second move.

FYASKO

Smash Apprentice
bair and nair are just as easy to tech on a ledge as dsmash, personally its safer to get the dair>nair/w.e
so they cant tech it.
hai jungle.

Peach_rules

Smash Cadet
NNID
Peachrules14
Good guide! Now that Brawl is out, do you think you'll make one for that game? I'd recommend that you still use the down smash in Brawl because it is effective for damage, but most people dismiss it right away because of the low knockback and it's major downgrading. Keep up the good work!

Binx

Smash Master
dsmash loses a lot of power in brawl because there is no more crouch canceling into it, also no more having people accidentally crouch cancel against it, also it doesn't hit a lot of times anymore, also the knockback was never good...

Also brawl is terribad.

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
Oh geez, Where has peach's kill moves gone in brawl? aarrgh. The kill moves are her great approaches in brawl and they decay SO MUCH it can be so frustrating. She racks damage but killing is different...

JJfox

Smash Cadet
Great guide man, just learnt how to ground float and it's obserdly easy! WTH i thought it was really hard (looking at all the peach players doing it and never knowing how) but it's so easy and makes her so mauch better. Makes me want to main her, for easyness. But that's just loong switching to a new character.

Supreme65

Smash Apprentice
Her Dsmash was her best move. I'm still mad that Dsmash and her killing power got nerfed. But I can combo and fast fall with her better in brawl. Also spacing is way more effective with Peachy:)

Zyfor

Smash Rookie
This thread is definitely "n00b friendly" and offers advice to beat other newbs and learn the game fast enough to get into your local scene.

Foufy

Smash Apprentice
i couldn't find a better place to put this question, so i'm sorry if this is misplaced.
i just read the thread on glide tosses in melee, ( http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=244112 ) and i'm wondering how much this affects peach's game.

i'm also sorry if this is old news, but the glide throwing guide is just 2 days old
wow, good post
I hadn't seen this one.
Based on the official testing on the thread it seems like at least the forward toss could be somewhat useful? I'm wondering if anyone has tested if it can combo into f-air or at least an n-air, if it can its definitely a part of peach's game. I haven't seen any peach use this so it may just not have been thought about by pros/non-pro's alike

hemlock

Smash Cadet
Thanks for this guide. I just hit a wall in my Samus game, and decided to move over to Peach (keepin' it female)

The upsmash is so satisfying!

Battlecow

Play to Win
Thanks for the guide, brosky. Just picked up melee casually (I play 64 competitively, and brag about how good I am at smash all the time) and this guide helped me stay one step ahead of my scrub companions.

pandacheck

Smash Ace
thanks for the tips / i main falcon / i can play fox n falco too / i want to pick up peach tho / she's fun / and it looks tight when u air cancel two nairs real fast hah

Sangoku

Smash Master
Wonderful guide for noobs like me. However is it still up to date? I see the post is from a long time ago. I know the last edition is from this year, but I was still wondering since he mentions rolling as a good thing (why not wavedashing instead?).

Top Bottom