• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Guide Newbie Peach Training Guide

Jennuh

Smash Journeyman
I loved this guide. =O! I've become interested in trying to improve my Peach gameplay and reading a lot of these did help me to understand some things better. ^^ I'm most definately bookmarking this. n_n

La Diable

Smash Rookie
Nicely done, I've been playing Peach for a few months but this had some strategies I never even thought of. Like the Peach Bomber one. I don't have any problems using A to smash though, I don't think C-stick is as important as you make it out to be.

J*Lee

Smash Cadet
La Diable said:
Nicely done, I've been playing Peach for a few months but this had some strategies I never even thought of. Like the Peach Bomber one. I don't have any problems using A to smash though, I don't think C-stick is as important as you make it out to be.

C- stick is hella important with peach. without it you can't do fairs while going backwards or bairs while going forwards. also it makes the smask move come out at it's fastest speed. i also use c-stick to do crouch cancel d-smashes. also you habe more control of your turnips and they go farther when you use c-stick to throw them.

Jennuh

Smash Journeyman
J*Lee said:
C- stick is hella important with peach. without it you can't do fairs while going backwards or bairs while going forwards. also it makes the smask move come out at it's fastest speed. i also use c-stick to do crouch cancel d-smashes. also you habe more control of your turnips and they go farther when you use c-stick to throw them.
Agreed. I find myself using the A button less and less everyday but I'm not ashamed of it. ^^ The C-stick is just important to use with Peach in my opinion.

Down A

Smash Journeyman
great guide 'for beginners'
When will you write one for advanced peachplayers?
I've been looking for a complete, everything included, all you ever need to know guide and can't find one anywhere.
one with stuff concerning tactics against specific characters, a description about the all the different moves, prefferable stages etc....
You defenitely seem to know your stuff and i could definitely use some help it's just that the stuff in here i basicly allready knew(except some small detailes)

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
hmm i secondary as peach right now, and i like what you done with her in terms of a guide. Theres mearly one thing i'd like to touch on, to give some people a bit more of an advantage.

Should you be play a marth or roy, or just anyone who's up B has a low priority, and they are below you, whip out a turnip and shorthop just above the edge of the cliff, and dont just drop it down, throw it down.

when it connects at the right time, he will get hit and most of the time hit the wall and fall strait to his death. the other possibility is that he will fly away from the stage, in that case you can just go back to edge guarding/hogging.

Also, should he hit the wall, and tech off of it, be prepared for his up b, most likely you will still be in the air just above the ledge, so if you see this coming just try and Nair him as he comes, certainly sending him to his death.

and as im not sure, i think this mostly works just on Final destination, not sure about other stages...
oh, and sry if anyone already said this, i didnt feel like reading every post...
Peace.

Sensei Seibrik

Smash Hero
hold down, press and hold Y or X, let go of down but remain holding y or X, you should be floating ontop the ground now. once there, do an attack, and as the attack is going on let go of the x or y button to drop while attacking, the lag from the land goes away and you can attack the second u land. (usually down smash)

Master Chibi

Smash Cadet
This helped me out ALOT.

Although my friend and I are complete newbies, this helped me keep an edge over his Shiek.

Yesterday he was beating me down, today I was doing great, thanks alot!

andrewgr11

Smash Rookie
I'm fairly New to peach, but she's quickly becoming my favourite character to play as. thanks for the guide

Twitchy_McSpazz

Smash Rookie
Yo man(or woman), Awesome Guide! I just started playing with Peach (after ditching that loser Roy) and this guide helped me in so many ways. Once again, Great Guide, yo!

therukus

Smash Cadet
Great for trying to understand where to start on peach. You have a great way of wording things so that they can be easily understanded. (Make a combo guide! :D)

ThEpEsT

Smash Apprentice
Really good guide, I just read the entire thing. I too have new ideas on how to play and change my style. Thanks a lot!

Stealth Raptor

Smash Legend
Ok. this was a great guide. however, some things i have seen are wrong. i have been able to smash out of a dash quite easily without using the c-stick. I also saw no mention of peaches forward smash. it is a powerful move, and has some range, good for hitting attackers at a moderate distance. if you pull out her tennis racket, hit them when they are close to the edge, and they have over 100% damage, they are pretty much not coming back. another good edge hogging technique is to stand so that, if you were to down smash, her range would just barely reah the edge. this will do one of 2 things. it can send them against the wall knocking them straight down to their deaths. or it can put them right back on the playing field, ready to be hit with the dash attack. i noticed there was no mention of the fact that the dash attack can send people either away or straight up. it depends on where you hit with it. if, as the dash hit animation comes out, they are at the edge of the attack, it sends them backwards. but if they are closer, say around the elbow, it sends them straight up. can anyone say up smash? i have also noticed a tendency for a greater strength if you hit witht\ the tip of her hand on the up smash. the forward A also moves her hit box backwards by a pixel or too. this can be used to great effect to people that try to hit at the edge of their range, like marth. i also noticed no mention of the down dodge. if an enemy runs at you, there is a good chance he is dash attacking. also, just spamming down dodge, if you can time it right with the common timing most people do, you can do it till they make a move that you can quickly come and get them with. just watch out for people who wait, then attack, as, even at its fastest, there is still a couple of frames of vulnerability between dodges.just down dodge, then down smash. now, here are some good combos for peach-

her normal down A is a very good combo starter at most percentages. it sends them up perfectly for either a forward smash, an up smash, or even a down smash for fast falling characters.

her forward smash can be used in 2 methods, depending on what comes out- if the racket or club come out, they will be sent away, and you can dash attack them. if the frying pan comes out, it sends them straight up. just step forward and up smash.

a very good recovery move is her aeriel back A. if she happens to be coming back backwards, her aeriel back a has a reach that is farther then most expect, and can knock them out of the way as she comes back.

also, if you happen to connect with her forward A, it sends them straight up. it is not as powerful as the frying pan or the down A, but it still bobbles them around enough to counter with. the only problem is the forward A takes a little bit of time to come out of. but it can be usefull if used right.

i dont know why, but if someone is coming back from being hit off the edge, there *seems* to be a higher percentage that she will pull the tennis racket out when using her forward smash. i don tknow if it was luck or if it is supposed to be like that, but i have had complaints about it.

well, that is all i can think of at the moment. if i think of anything else, i will post again. Raptor out.

SirShoelace

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the guide. I've been playing Smash for like 8 months and I kind of caught on to a lot of that stuff already. I'm kind of confused about the L-cancel, though. My friend tells me it's when you hit L right after you hit with an attack (regardless of height), but, from this guide, I'm thinking it's just hitting L right when you hit the ground. I do the latter and some of my other friends wonder how I can block so quickly. I dunno, I need that cleared up. Anyways! I need to learn how to wavedash, also, help me!

Requiem

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Basicly i guess you could call me the genuine number one scrub if i read what you call scrubs well, i personally don't have smashbros, i didnt want to buy it since its gonna be a release title on the wii (wtf....) anyways, that also means, that for some reason, wave dashing WONT work.

Anyways, about the wave dashing, if i understand right, you jump a few inches above the ground, dash sidewards, so you reach the ground, and start all over again fast, a.ka destroying your controller quite fast? o.o; the low jumping wont work for me, if i jump and almost instantly press down again it does though, but my friend said i have to tap y very soft to jump low, and it'll work better, but it just wont work O_O

Anyone wanna help me with some small things about it, add me on msn, or pm me on the boards or anything.

Last edited:

Ch@r

Smash Rookie
This is a pretty decent guide to the audience intended, not me, of course.

I'd have to say I enjoyed the hints of humor within the guide.

8/10 because it gets the job done effeciently, but it could be better (combos section, the ask for help being noted, and more detail in the world of turnips, as they are a big part of Peach's game.)

Unicyclist

Smash Cadet
Great guide, was extrememely helpful, especially for me, and most likely any other peach n00bs out there :-)

Big Z

Smash Rookie
Hey, nice guide.
I knew most of the stuff in it, but there was some new tips i picked up.
Thanks alot.
Peace.

~Big Z~

Cackazor

Smash Rookie
not bad. i was looking for a guide to improve my peach but i was hoping i would find something i didnt already do myself...although i did float cancel i never really realized that i was actually delaying lag that way... :ohwell: lol...reading the guide though helped me figure out what parts of my game still need some work. iunno...but maybe try to create a more adv. section?

Dr.ROC

Smash Apprentice
Great guide really helped me out, also im having a really hard time making peaches wavedash useful, but so far nothing. Oh yeah and do u think u could get character match-ups and more advanced stuff please.

THE TRIXTER

Smash Cadet
im sorry about the insult fieri.I have a question fieri, do u know how to turip cancel because thats pretty helpful to me. :burst:

Whitefire

Smash Apprentice
This really helps, thanks, Peach has been my favorite character for the longest time but not necessarily my best. Now I think i'm glad to say that she has become my best.

waks

Smash Journeyman
first post.

a tip about short hopping, i think its not about pressing X/Y lightly but its more of pressing it quickly, (quickly sliding of your thumb or thumbnail from X/Y works, thats what I do)

Whitefire

Smash Apprentice
waks said:
first post.

a tip about short hopping, i think its not about pressing X/Y lightly but its more of pressing it quickly, (quickly sliding of your thumb or thumbnail from X/Y works, thats what I do)

That will work or you can press down when you want to stop moving upwards, and as long as jump is being held, you will proceed to levitate at the designated height. This is good for getting either just above ground or about a full character's height off of the ground.

GigaMan

Smash Apprentice
nice guide i didnt know i should use the c stick but learn something new every day

0ttx

Smash Rookie
Hmm...this really is a good guide. Definately worth to read for people of all ranks. While I was scanning through the endless list of comments I've noticed a few complaints about this not being advanced enough. Anyone who thinks that this guide hasn't touched up on some VERY important moves, as basic as they may seem, will get their butt owned in battle. One who has mastered the basics > one who ignores basics and moves on to advance techniques.

One thing of particular note is Peach's ability to cancel her second jump with any aerial of the player's choice, thus bringing her immediately towards the ground. At the moment your first jump executes, double jump and then use an aerial (preferably before you get anymore distance away from the ground). It's an excellent way to get a swift aerial out without it being as predictable as float canceling. The timing of this move varies depending on if you use f-air. If f-air is used than you'll have to delay the double jump until a LITTLE further on in the first jump, not too much mind you, just a little. F-air is a killer attack when used while double jump canceling backwards, even forwards for that matter. Other than that, double jump canceling works wonders with n-air as well.

SPAWN

Smash Master
Slippi.gg
spaw#333
This had some good tactics to use for Peach that I didn't know of. Thanks for the guide.

wolverine3001

Smash Cadet
HAHA this is great, nicely done. it show the true cheapness of peach. i love it. she my best character.

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
I read it and I did that as I want to pick up peach as my 10th char :chuckle: (I am just trying to be good with every character so that I can take advantage of good/bad match ups :) and I just want to play this game :p )

I thought is was really usefull and I want to say something about peach that I noticed.

When she jumps you can perform another jump (that is called a double jump :p )
If you do this fast enough you'll stick to the ground. I find this weird and I think it is becaus her Dress touces the ground as she first goes a little bit down when she double jumps.
Is their any potentionel in this "move" like that it would be better then crouching after a run or something, as it might be faster to do this. Someone who knows something about this?

Really usefull guide, I am training on the C-Stick to A button thing now :)

Top Bottom