• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie Mafia 4: Town wins (Xiivi rules)

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
lol

look at the previous night when arrow and moose were on and we couldnt converse with them. i dont want to wake up again to them asking us what to do again. game needs to progress

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
Do you think the no-lynch was good or bad for town?

It was absolutely terrible for town
If you think it's bad do you agree scum would try to nudge for a NL?

Yes they most certainly would
If so who are the players you feel are most responsible for it?

Kind of hard to tell considering everyone was inactive and or voting me playing follow the summoner.

Quite frankly I'd be inclined to blame it on people like Moose who didn't come into post at all until the last possible second and then hopped on my band wagon which had the most potential for a list.

Why do you think moose buddying you is a towntell?

Are there any players you think are "under the radar" and should be talked about more?

All of them should post there is nothing to talk about them besides about how they're not talking, it's going to lead us no where

Would you agree that if we continue to play like this our best bet would be to lynch an inactive player?

Terrible idea after we already had to no lynch, we're just lynching based off of a guess while we're already down

yeah bad
night lynch? not sure what that is but maybe??
the inactives
i dont think it is a town tell or a mafia tell for anyone else other than myself since i know my role.
swords, kirbyoshi, the guide and ionno others.
i guesss so.. depends what they have to say tho.
Answers in bold

red means really scummy question

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
yeah it is scummy question.

and yes its a terriable idea, but we are put in that situation because of the no lynch.

the mafia could be cruising atm as inactives.

ionno sorry swords, just didn't see your vote and posts that often, not really enough to warrant a lynch. so dont freak out about it =P

and about swords play D1 that whole role claiming thing was weird.

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
I think a lot of the people who didn't push hard for lynches should be looked at ASAP.

This is bull how inactive this game feels compared to the others I'm in.

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
kevin do you have any other lynch choices? any thoughts on anyone?

i think before you said arrow and moose, is that still the same or does me thinking arrow is most likely town sway your thoughts at all?

swords seems to just be going with whatever you're doing and reiterating your thoughts. seems like he's doing whatever he can to stay on your good side so im watching him for that.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I admit that the question was potentially scummy. I wanted to gauge a reaction from Arrow because so far he seemed to have no business at all with inactives and I wasn't quite sure what to make out of it. It could've been him giving a scumbuddy the free pass to coast. Solid response though I'm pretty convinced Arrow's town now. This makes me more concerned about §teel / Clowntosman trying to push his lynch earlier. I still think that Arrow's briefness and sometimes poor wording rubs people the wrong way and I can easily see scum trying to nudge a mislynch based on that. Would be really surprised if Arrow flips scum.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
I'd like Steel to explain his suspicions of me. Right now seems like he's finding me suspicious because i find him suspicious.

Mentoscum needs to post. Vote: Mentoscum

Steel

Where's my Jameson?
BRoomer
i went back to the end of D1 which was when i was away

mentos was like "aw man what happened to the arrow wagon" and voted him after we were trying to look at other targets.

he also said hed be fine with a moose lynch. and while the majority of you are fine with that i'm not simply because he didn't hop on the opportunist wagon of arrow in d1.

swords you did the same thing with arrow which was why i connected you two. combine that with what i said about you before i'm just getting bad vibes.

mentos is more srs bzns though and hsould probz die

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
That would be L-2 I think. If he doesn't post by tomorrow I'll put him at L-1.

:059:

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
Hi guys, I'm taking over.

Hi guys, say hello to your new friend Xiivi!
Cyan is now the mod colour.

Day 2 Vote Count 1:

Kirbyoshi: Gheb_01 (:suess:)
xXArrowXx: (0)
undead_moose: (0)
mentosman8: undead_moose, §teel, SwordsRbroken (:suess::suess::suess:)
SwordsRbroken: (0)
§teel: KevinM (:suess:)
KevinM: (0)
Gheb_01: (0)

Not Voting: Kirbyoshi, mentosman8, xXArrowXx (:suess::suess::suess:)

mentosman8 & kirbyoshi have been prodded! Once a player reaches 3 prods they will be modkilled.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
when i look at the mentosman wagon. i see atleast 1 scum. but enough backing for it to be a serious mafia involvement lynch.. with makes me believe that mentos is the wrong choice. so i will go with the next best option being kirbyoshi because i fully agree with ghebs suspicions about him. but i wont lie some of this vote is based on a anti moose buddying mentality..

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Grr, this sux, I started reading, then school tackled me like Warren Sapp. I'll just read the past Day later on today (Saturday) and vote, but don't expect it too early, I'll be away almost all day, so it might be Sunday. Sorry for my inactivity, I'll do better :(

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
@Tom / Xiivi

Did Mentosman respond to the prod? He has been online yesterday (or tonight - depending on the time zone) but he has not posted any time recently.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Sorry, have my grandparents visiting, i've been busy. Disappointing activity so far.

Moose needs to post ASAP, else he's just elevated himself even higher on my lynch list.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
@Tom / Xiivi

Did Mentosman respond to the prod? He has been online yesterday (or tonight - depending on the time zone) but he has not posted any time recently.
Mentosman08 has not yet responded to his prod. He will be prodded again 72 hours after his initial prod.

undead_moose has been prodded.

When any player reaches 3 prods, they will be modkilled. [Following the strict guidelines Tom left me with.]

KevinM

TB12 TB12 TB12
BRoomer
This game is stupid is anyone going to post anything of substance?

I'm sick of making cases and calling out scummy things and no one else posting.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
when i look at the mentosman wagon. i see atleast 1 scum. but enough backing for it to be a serious mafia involvement lynch.. with makes me believe that mentos is the wrong choice. so i will go with the next best option being kirbyoshi because i fully agree with ghebs suspicions about him. but i wont lie some of this vote is based on a anti moose buddying mentality..
Wh and why?
How does this logic apply to the mentos-wagon more than to any other lynch? I understand your logic though I just want to know why you're pointing it out in this particular case.
Elaborate?

Grr, this sux, I started reading, then school tackled me like Warren Sapp. I'll just read the past Day later on today (Saturday) and vote, but don't expect it too early, I'll be away almost all day, so it might be Sunday. Sorry for my inactivity, I'll do better :(
This has to happen today. Everything else is not acceptable.

Sorry, have my grandparents visiting, i've been busy. Disappointing activity so far.

Moose needs to post ASAP, else he's just elevated himself even higher on my lynch list.
"Hey I've been away for almost all of Day 1 and I missed out the whole weekend and haven't done shit all of D1 and very little D2. I still complain about inactivity, single out players for something that I'm kind of guilty myself but since the vets complain about inactivity I have to sheep them regardless!"

Swords who are you actually suspicious of? As far as I remember you voted half the game already depending on whomever was the most popular target at that point. Would be cool to hear your top-suspects and your reasons also.

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Right now, i'd say Moose/Mentos. Arrow is probably dumb town, but i could see him as scum too. I don't have much to say about mentos cause he has made very few posts since he replaced. Moose because of his extreme buddying of arrow and he has been voting whoever seems to be the one with the majority of the votes. He voted KevinM at the end of D1 because a few other people were voting him and he was the one with the majority of the votes.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
And by "sheeping" I mean "sheeping the idea that he's town" - he was one of your top suspicions earlier and now he's "dumb" town? Can't follow your thought process.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Gahhh I'm sorry guys, I've had major car problems since like Wednesday morning, and the couple times I've had a chance to sign on I didn't have time to check on much. Fixed now, and will read up/post soon as I'm done. Also believe I saw Gheb say I was at L-1? If that's the case I'll claim when I get done as well

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
How is arrow dumb town to you? That looks like you're sheeping again.

You can have a change of suspicions you know. You're saying everything that someone else has posted once is me sheeping non-stop. You pick out the little bits and pieces of my posts and say, "swords stop sheeping."

Mentos, i sure do hope you can give us something good, we've been waiting for a while. I think you're at L-2 right now if i'm correct?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
God, I feel even worse about being away so much now that I see how abysmal activity has been. I am extremely sorry for having contributed to that inactivity, and now that my car problems have been resolved I will make sure I do not let this happen again.

Now, I did see Gheb say I'm at L-1 after all, and it's not long to the deadline. I will claim if people want me to or if people are willing to give me a chance I will avoid doing so and we can move on to the next lynch choice.

Lynch for today is Kirbyoshi or Swords. Kirb promised a post(more specifically, he promised a vote, no actual content promised) and failed to deliver while being as inactive as I was, and Swords has just posted often but I never really felt like he was saying anything useful. Either lynch would be my top choice today, and for right now, I'm going to

Vote: Kirbyoshi

SwordsRbroken

Smash Apprentice
Would like to hear what mentos has to say on Moose.

Also mentos, you choose me for the lynch candidate over moose. Why? He's been saying nothing but fluff ever since the game started. He's been buddying arrow regardless of alignment also. I do agree with your point on Kirbyoshi though.

Mentos' vote puts Kirb at L-2. I'm really down with lynching everyone except Gheb and KevinM at this point. Don't have much to say about Kev ATM. Just being himself right now.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Don't get me wrong Swords, Moose was on my radar yesterday and remains there. The reason I voted Kirbyoshi not you, is that I'm not sure how much of what I'm picking up from you is based in the fact that there were only 4 active players for me to really look at, and it makes me hesitant to think that it wasn't just due to the low activity that I'm picking it up as strong.

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Day 2 Vote Count 2:
Kirbyoshi: xXArrowXx, mentosman8 (:suess::suess:)
mentosman8: undead_moose, §teel, SwordsRbroken, Gheb_01 (:suess::suess::suess::suess:)
SwordsRbroken: (0)

Not Voting: Kirbyoshi (:suess:)

Kirbyoshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
acme2491
Hmm...admitting you don't care who gets lynched...

Vote: SwordsRbroken

More from D1 on Swords incoming tomorrow, sleeping now.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
when i said moose anti buddy mentality i meant if i vote same as moose it looks like i am budding but i guess it doesn't in the end.

well i said there would be atleast one mafia, being that moose is considered mafia by a few people, and i consider swords and steel to be a good chance to be mafia along with an inactive. So i was just kinda guessing but yeah one of them. hoped on that band wagon.

anyway ill bring the hammer down on mentos for his sheeping and balant targetting of me.
Vote: Mentos

Xiivi

Premium
BRoomer
Day 2 Ends!

Day 2 Vote Count 3:
Kirbyoshi: mentosman8 (:suess:)
mentosman8: undead_moose, §teel, SwordsRbroken, Gheb_01, xXArrowXx (:suess::suess::suess::suess::suess:)
SwordsRbroken: Kirbyoshi (:suess:)

Not Voting: (0)

Learning from their previous mistakes, the group of chefs quickly decide that one of the quieter chefs is to take a bite of the cake. Although the opens his mouth to finally talk, he hasn't earned the trust of his fellow esteemed chefs and a piece of the cake is shoveled into his mouth and he's forced to swallow.

"Goodbye my companions." The tears flow freely down his cheecks.

mentosman8, Town Jailkeeper, has been lynched.

It is now Night 2. Please send me your Night Actions by 8am EST Feb 24th. (48 hours after this post essentially.) I'm sure Tom would like a copy as well.

Top Bottom