• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 23 // MGS3 Villains Mafia - Game Over

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
All I asked is for your thoughts when you're done catching up. Reads too if you can.

Questions though..uh...describe yourself.
Can you comment on how loli was and respond to the case on her, which ran made?
You're gonna have to defend yourself at this point, I guess.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
All I asked is for your thoughts when you're done catching up. Reads too if you can.
Is there a reason why you think that I wouldn't share thoughts and/or reads when I had finished catching up?

Kawaii Vinyl. said:
Questions though..uh...describe yourself.
Are you serious.

Kawaii Vinyl. said:
Can you comment on how loli was and respond to the case on her, which ran made?
What scumtells did Ran get off of Loli's play? Tell me what you got from his "case" and what stuck out to you.

Kawaii Vinyl. said:
You're gonna have to defend yourself at this point, I guess.
Do you really think this is a reasonable, a realistic, or even a remotely good request at this point in the game?

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Vinyl. are you asking me questions to really read into if I'm scum or are you just asking me questions so you can prod dodge and give off the impression that you're playing mafia. Because in my honest opinion, there are an incredibly small pool of questions that can be asked before someone has even touched a thread that can be asked in order to get effective reads on someone's alignment.

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
It's polite to answer questions when asked.

Anyways, I suppose I'll take that reasoning for Ran and Soup trusting each other. Not the most convincing, though. Sold2 is my best friend in real life, but I'd never trust him in mafia. Innocent until proven guilty is probably the right way to do things, though. As for my reasons for my reads....

I don't like how Vinyl called BSP out for doing the same thing. It looks like Monstrma agrees with me. That's about all I've got, though.

I'm wary of Ran and Soup, still. Ran goes on Loli(Acrostic now), and then changes his vote just because Soup asked him too. Weird, but not really a scum-tell for either.

I have my reasons for "trusting" Badwolf. That's not to say that I completely trust him, but I'll still take what he says with a grain of salt.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
I've stated these things many times before, this isn't a test, this is a learning experience. I expect everyone to jump into the Normal Queue after this once you've all gotten the hang of this game, even if you were dead wrong. It's all a learning experience, the harder you fall will only mean the greater you shall rise.

Let me tell you a personal story.

I started playing this game in 2010. I have 2 years of experience with mafia and have played about 45 games. I was a terrible player when I first started off, I got modkilled about seven times and I almost became a player who got permanently blacklisted. It wasn't because I was always wrong about my reads, it was because I was a problem to play with because I either didn't put effort into my games, didn't have any convincing skills, or did a ton of stupid things. I learned from all this and It really took me about my 25th game to get to where I am, to understand mafia fully and play at the level I'm at. I'd even say I improve every day, and that there is still room for improvement. Always strive for better.

Ranmaru could tell you a story or two also if he wanted.
And I will. I think I started playing around 2009, and I was also terrible, just with the misconception of being good. :awesome: I was all hype, and then in my second game I'm lynched d1 as town. That was in Soul Calibur. I was very noisy and distracting, and tried to be active with questioning yet I didn't really know what I was looking for. As I got better, I still questioned, but with the know how to scumhunt. (You can see me and Soup arguing over some miniscule stuff in Pulp Fiction haha)

I also am still improving, and am always looking for ways to improve. I read plenty of MafiaScum guides, and played there as well (Soup did too), and learned via trial and error. Just trial and error. Every damn game, I was getting called scum for different things. Hey, you are scum for scumhunting someone for self-voting, hey you aren't being active in the RVS, THIS IS ODD!, Hey you aren't following up with your questions, you must be scum, etc. I hated the heat, as I'm naturally a player who attracts tons of it, but it helped me become a better play and learn from my mistakes. It's a process, albeit a slow one. If you want to become good, or better, just keep playing, play to the best of your ability, and in end game ask for advice/critique/comments on your play. If you don't get any just try to look at what you did, did you catch scum? If so, how did you do it? If you didn't, then why were you wrong? Did you get lynched, or almost get lynched? If so, what did you do that caused you to almost get lynched, or get lynched for sure? Things like that.

It's polite to answer questions when asked.

Anyways, I suppose I'll take that reasoning for Ran and Soup trusting each other. Not the most convincing, though. Sold2 is my best friend in real life, but I'd never trust him in mafia. Innocent until proven guilty is probably the right way to do things, though. As for my reasons for my reads....

I don't like how Vinyl called BSP out for doing the same thing. It looks like Monstrma agrees with me. That's about all I've got, though.

I'm wary of Ran and Soup, still. Ran goes on Loli(Acrostic now), and then changes his vote just because Soup asked him too. Weird, but not really a scum-tell for either.

I have my reasons for "trusting" Badwolf. That's not to say that I completely trust him, but I'll still take what he says with a grain of salt.
Underlined, of course it is. You won't get anything done if you are always in fear of everyone around you. If you think I'm blindly trusting Soup, it is not that way. I have plenty of trust in soup this game. I have observed his early play and it was pretty townie, for example his reaction to my vote on Badwolf, it shows he was expressing his true feelings about what he felt was odd, as opposed to him trying to find that easy lynch. If I distrusted Soup, I'd show it. The rest of his play is very consistent with his early play.

Bold, I simply agree with him on Monstrmna. It's not like 'oh I had no scum picks and I'mma sheep his way', no. I trust him to be town, and so that means I'm sure he has his reasons for wanting to go in that direction. Now him unvoting may show that he is unsure >_> and my opinion will be reserved until Acrostic posts his reads/catchup.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
This activity is very disappointing.
It's up to you and I to give some direction to the town. If you don't have a direction, I'll give one (once Acrostic posts). The other newbies are kind of observers. I would like to see the newbies try to be a little bit more pro-active, yet it's not happening. :urg: You agree?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I'm fine with that ran. I have a direction that I want to go to also.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
/ VOTECOUNT 2-3

Acrostic (0);
TyranitarPhantom (0);
BadWolf28738 (0);
Monstmrna (1); Ranmaru
Vinyl. (1); Monstmrna
Ranmaru (0);
Ragnarock (0);

Not Voting (5); Acrostic, TyranitarPhantom, Badwolf28738, Vinyl., Ragnarock

With 7 alive it takes 4 to lynch!
Deadline is Sunday, September 16th, at 7PM EST.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
People who are waiting for me to catch up should try to do as much as they possibly can without me. The reason I replaced in was to help Kary out in preserving the pacing of the game and even though placing burden on me does make me more inclined to read/participate "quicker", I am someone who usually plays at a more meticulous and slower pace than what is the norm. I will try to start reading and finish reading by tonight/early Monday, although having reads will be contingent upon the content of the game itself.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I'd be much obliged if a newbie would post a summary for me to go off on with key events that have happened thus far in their own words.

Monstmrna

Smash Rookie
Well: Day one started with RVS, where Ttar was brought to l-1 from random lynches. I stated I thought it was scummy for the person, vinyl, to bring someone to l-1, even in joke. I guess no one agreed.

I was asked to give my opinion on STEM. I told them I wasn't exactly sure, but he seemed careful. Then they told me they didn't care and I posted a short little blurb about posts that seemed careful, but again I stressed that I wasn't sure. People saw this as scummy and voted for me. STEM defended me and got lynched for it. During the lynch, Vinyl accused BSP of sheeping on STEM, but I -personally- feel that one of vinyl's earlier posts felt like sheeping also. That to me seemed like the pot calling the kettle black, hence my vote on Vinyl today.

Honestly though, you should really re-read if you want to grasp a suspicion of someone though >_>

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
What Monstmrna said basically summed D1 up. The only thing he really left out is that Ranmaru and Soup have been working together from the beginning. D1 wasn't particularly eventful, as once a wagon started forming on STEM, he threw in the towel and self-hammered.

As for the whole Vinyl joke-putting me at L-1, I've dropped that. Nothing bad resulted of it, so I've let it go. I still don't get why he accused BSP of sheeping when he did the same thing.

It's my only lead for now, so....

Vote: Vinyl

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
People who are waiting for me to catch up should try to do as much as they possibly can without me. The reason I replaced in was to help Kary out in preserving the pacing of the game and even though placing burden on me does make me more inclined to read/participate "quicker", I am someone who usually plays at a more meticulous and slower pace than what is the norm. I will try to start reading and finish reading by tonight/early Monday, although having reads will be contingent upon the content of the game itself.
The reason you replaced in doesn't invalidate you from being a player. I respect your playstyle, yet I feel you can still bring something up from only reading as a bystander. (rather, an analysis on your scumread from reading). It's good that you replaced in to only help the pacing of the game, but for you to actually do that, you will have to give.

This means, that you shouldn't expect us to just go on without you. I'm sorry if you feel rushed, but as a replacement, you have to get in the game so the game can progress. I suggest 1-2 scumpicks, short and sweet, so you can at least get into the game, and then you can just adjust your pace.

Example, did you get anything from your interaction with vinyl?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Newbies:

When someone asks for a summary of the game, and they just came in without reading at all, don't give them a summary. Let them read the thread themselves. If you give them a summary, you give them the chance to not read the thread, and ignore something that would be important for you to catch. For example, if their buddy was wagoned, and you gave them a summary and somehow forgot that, they can say "Oh well you didn't mention that in your summary, and I didn't read the thread with my own eyes, so that's why I didn't notice that" etc.

Basically, when you 'read' for someone else, you give them the chance to ignore having to react to something important, and give them the chance to not have natural reactions to the thread. You guys understand?

Soup, I'd like you to give your opinion on this too.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Acrostic, why did you ask for a summary from the newbies? How does that help you? How does that help the town?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Just another mislynch.

Pretty sorry I can be in touch much for today. :/
I claim: I'm The PAIN, Vanilla Villain.

Also, I want to question why Badwolf voted while being the guy with the least posts toDay.

#HBC | ѕoup

Been ignoring my Mafia Games again.

Vinyl., out all your reads and tell us anything we can gain from your flip if such a predicament were to happen. I also want people to explain why they believe Vinyl. should be first to lynch (or the only person to lynch) instead of the Others. I understand that some players have left out their reasoning but I'd like more clarification and more on what you're going to do dependent on it.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm still at L-1. If flip town, then I do believe there's two things:

Badwolf has sheeped as you can see all of his lack of posts on D2.
Ran possibly trying to make his case, not simply, but somehow early.
Acrostic puts me on the bad light after answering my questions with her own Qs as well.

I don't think ran did a case on me yet after I asked him. I'm curious to know why. Of course, I already think I know why, but I wanna see his if possible.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Badwolf, why are you voting Vinyl?

Vinyl, can you clarify your statement about me? Also, has your reads changed?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Well, bw for one.

There's one case that ends D1. Seeing how you played before, you would seem to know how people play and determine town, even if they made a scummy play.

As of now, you're being more direct on things, going for the weak and etc where you find them scummy. If I were to say that you did the loli case for reaction, would you agree or no? Soup said he only voted loli for no reason after you made that case, and then decided to go for monstrama.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Well, bw for one.

There's one case that ends D1. Seeing how you played before, you would seem to know how people play and determine town, even if they made a scummy play.

As of now, you're being more direct on things, going for the weak and etc where you find them scummy. If I were to say that you did the loli case for reaction, would you agree or no? Soup said he only voted loli for no reason after you made that case, and then decided to go for monstrama.
I don't understand the underlined. Please clarify that a bit further, it would help if you gave quotes vinyl. I encourage you to do that, and to underline what you are talking about. : D It will help people understand you better, and I think that's what you need to work on man.

Also no, I didn't create that case for a reaction. Hoping that Acrostic is reading so he can phone in some content, because I want to see what he does, to be able to judge him.

What is your read on Acrostic?

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Acrostic is pretty null despite the questioning on me after I asked.

Acro still has things to do he ain't doing it yet, I suppose.
Maybe now, she would.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
@Acrostic: I mean catching up.

Acrostic puts me on the bad light after answering my questions with her own Qs as well.
This doesn't sound like a 'null' read. Why do you think he put you in a 'bad light'?

Also, please clarify the underlined in the previous post of mine.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
I legitimately don't know where you think this push can go. The votes on the wagon itself are more or less placed for insubstantial reasons by monstr, Tyr, and Bad. This makes it incredibly hard to produce reads from Vinyl. at L-1 since there is no substance that he can actually address or defend himself against. The people who should be questioning Vinyl. should be the aforementioned three people. As for Vinyl.'s responses, they are incredibly dry and hard to interpret for information, but I can't blame Vinyl. since the questions themselves are just incredibly dry and impossible to read into for extra information.

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Catching up wise, I mostly ignored posts by you and Soup, since a large amount of content between you two seems to be just be discussing meta. I understand that you're trying to tell players how to play the game, but I think that both of you dedicate far time into telling the newbies how to do incredibly mundane things instead of producing and pushing reads. And no, asking people for reads is not how you should get people to give you reads which both of you guys should be more than aware. Again I don't know if this is tied into how you feel the IC role should be played, however it's definitely not producing a good flow to this game.

#HBC | ѕoup

I think you have a legitimate point but you have to consider that the game was about two days in. I admit that my content is a bit well, IC like but I didn't intend to play this game as normally as I would here. I disagree that everything we've discussed however is purely meta, or that we're telling players to do mundane things. I was giving my general concerns and advice, I was pushing players to post and encouraging them, I could even say that I did cheese some of my posts hoping it would reach out the newbies and they would produce and push reads. I think you are aware of all this and I question your analysis.

Top Bottom