• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Newbie 23 // MGS3 Villains Mafia - Game Over

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
To every single one? Are you sure? Also, why is it a scumtell to have monstra linked to my other scumpicks?

What are my current scumpicks that you can recall from memory?

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
And yoour inexplicable jump on Tyr for being a non factor in a game full of non factors
You have to remember, that you replaced in, while I have been in the game from the start. That means I had to wait day by day for some of these people to post. Tyr hadn't posted for a long time in between his posts, but he wasn't the only one, and there were others I mentioned. Tyr was also a bit off the radar, while others have actually talked. Others, haven't really given much stances until later in the day (Acrostic). Especially considering Ttar's promises seemed fake and it seemed like he was stalling for some reason.

Can't you see my pov here?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
idk i'm really tired right now and working off a migraine.

and it's not a scumtell necessarily , i just found it offsetting.

think of it like: i say player x has had scummy interaction with player y and we lynch player y, player y flips town, i then say player x has had scummy interactions with player z and player z flips town. At some point you have to re-consider that the interactions aren't scummy and you need to re-read them

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

also, why would tyr stall as scum jailer ? scum has a numbers advantage, if anything i would think tyr scum would be full force.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
It felt like he was trying to stall Vinyl's lynch, especially with that one question "Oh yeah, what is your read on me, even though it might be bad anyways".

He was asking questions that he didn't really care about, and that is why I felt it was fake of Ttar. It also kind of annoyed me as well, because I asked him a question a minute after he posted and he just left. It's like ok, cool. Post once and leave forever. >_>

I have no idea why scum would stall. As town I can't waste time thinking of what strategies they would use. It is interesting to go "I bet they were thinking of doing that in that situation" but it wouldn't help me get anywhere because it's not tangible, meaning I wouldn't be able to prove it. The only thing I CAN prove, is things that happen in the thread.

Now then. Consider Acrostic ALSO has been posting just as infrequently as Ttar. Know why I attacked both Acrostic and Ttar? Because after seeing Vinyl lynched, it made sense to me that Ttar MAY have been in cohoots with Acrostic, due to this 'tactic' that may be good for their faction.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Another thing I want to mention, is that the reason why Monstra was LESS interesting to me was because people who HAVEN'T posted until D2, seemed scummier to me than him. (LoliLovesRain)

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Err I don't think I have really called him town, not that I can recall.

He's just off in PoE land. Didn't like his early 'scoup is scum' statement, but I trusted Soup with that call and didn't see anything of a problem with him since.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

i'm going to say that his posts when he was around gave me the same vibes they did in swords newbie. his absence from the thread merely expedited my scum read on him

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
He has been absent from other threads too. I'm also considering that he has school, so that may also be a factor now. (some AP stuff)

And ok then d00d

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
/ VOTECOUNT 3-4

Acrostic (0);
TyranitarPhantom (0);
BadWolf28738 (0);
Anomandaris_Rake (4); Ragnarock, TyranitarPhantom, Acrostic, Ranmaru
Ranmaru (2); Badwolf28738, Anomandaris_Rake
Ragnarock (0);

Not Voting (0);

A lynch has been reached!

It is now Twilight; you may still post, but votes no longer count. You may also send in night actions.
Twilight will end at approximately 12PM EST, when Anomandaris_Rake will be lynched!

Slightly shorter twilight... I may also shorten the Night phase if I have actions in already.

also, I'm still looking for a replacement for Badwolf, PM me if you're reading this and interested, cheers.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Anomandaris_Rake (4); Ragnarock, TyranitarPhantom, Acrostic, Ranmaru
DAY 3 ENDS

The backdrop of the jungle grew all too familiar as the third day drew long. Amongst the assembled villains, some grew quiet, while others continued to argue back and forth among themselves.

Eventually, having put all their cards on the table, the villains rounded on Anomandaris_Rake, as people's suspicions finally caught up with him.

It was difficult to say whether he was guilty or not; but accusations that he was a FOX member abounded. In the end, there was only one way to find out.

He continued to argue, to the bitter end.

Anomandaris_Rake has been lynched!

Major Zero, FOX Operative

has overseen his last mission!

NIGHT 3 BEGINS

Deadline for Night Actions is 11.59 AM EST on Sunday, 30th September!

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
NIGHT 3 ENDS

Having finally caught one of the enemies in their midst, the villains slept a little easier, despite knowing there was still a FOX among them.

There was some camaraderie between those who remained, who felt they were close to overcoming what the jungle could throw at them; that they would get the better of Snake, FOX, or whatever predator that sought to bring them down.

And while all of their number had lived through the night, everyone that rose that morning was still faced with the same challenge they had faced the day before- a situation which no amount of optimism could change.

No-one died in the night.

Life in the jungle goes on, for the time being.

DAY 4 BEGINS

/ VOTECOUNT 4-0

Acrostic (0);
TyranitarPhantom (0);
BadWolf28738 (0);
Ranmaru (0);
Ragnarock (0);

Not Voting (5); Acrostic, TyranitarPhantom, Badwolf28738, Ranmaru, Ragnarock.

With 5 alive it takes 3 to lynch!
Deadline is Tuesday, October 9th, at 7PM EST.

"There's nothing more for me to give you"

#HBC | Acrostic

♖♘♗♔♕♗♘♖
Ttar, announce who you jailed right now.

Ttar if you jailed a blue, then it's probably mafia.

If you jailed soup, then we will consult the drawing board.

Also Badwolf, I thought you were going to replace out.

Can you still participate in the game? Or did you change your mind?

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
I sent a PM to Kary a while ago saying that I could stay in, but he hasn't responded. However, I would need a little bit of time to catch up because I've only looked at the last posts whenever I was in here.

#HBC | BadWolf

Crusader of Ponies
Badwolf, you are ****ing terrible if you're town. I mean it in every word and I find myself seething at the thought, so much where I don't. believe it anymore because you literally vote Ranmaru for no ****ing reason and have yet to do anything relevant or try at all ever since D1, you lurk and coast and sit on your *** and you expect the game to be won for you. ****ing terrible. Please let me emphasize how frustrated I will be at you if you're somehow town, I will cuss you out without any regret and I will tell you to stop playing mafia because clearly you don't like doing anyway.
I suggest pills. Or counsling, I don't think that screaming would have helped that much.

Please tell me why you think Badwolf voted Ranmaru.
Just putting this out there. I voted Ran because of the wagon on him. It was scummy yeah, but at that point I was too busy with RL to even care all that much. I care now btw.

Well let's see here.

Tyr jails you & you live through the night

Nother townie dies. it's not you / and it's not ran, you believe tyr is town and badwulf is just an ***, so that kinda just leaves ran having yo explain it all away. Once ran has to do that we'll see how much he squirms and badda bing badda boom, we'll see if my read is right and lynch him. then maybe get ice cream
Question for everyone: Are we still going to be looking at Rake's posts now that he's flipped scum or what? I'll get back to the main reason for this question at the end of this post.

He has been absent from other threads too. I'm also considering that he has school, so that may also be a factor now. (some AP stuff)
SO MUCH THIS. Oh god you don't even know.

Ok so back to the Rake thing.

I'm feeling that Acro is town just becasue of Rake's null on him. I think that Rake is in the extremes of Scum and would either bus or save his partner.

Right now my reads are as follows:

Ran- Slight scum read.
Soup - Saviour of town (while I was away)
Acro- Town
TyranitarPhantom - Eh Null. I'm going to do a full reread tomorrow and I'll get back on this later.

I would see Ran go today.

I reserve all right to change my reads later based upon further reading.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
It's possible that scum make a risky kill, but for absolutely no reason. I'm an outted PR. I tracked acrostic last night however thinking you were going to jail ranmaru. It relates to the fact I didn't get a report.

Tyranitarphantom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SwitcherooTtar
I considered jailing Ran, especially after Rake went down, meaning that Ranscum would've been alone. However, I jailed Acrostic based on my gut feel (and the fact that, if Ran is not scum, I doubt he'd be targeted twice, especially considering you told me to jail him).

I've never had the chance to play scum, but I don't think leaving a PR alive would be a good idea, especially after the partner just got lynched.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Let's lynch Acrostic. If the game doesn't end, jail Ranmaru. I will track Badwolf.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Badwolf wasn't Acro your town read? What made you agree with the plan.

ranmaru

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-0654 7794 0698
Just putting this out there. I voted Ran because of the wagon on him. It was scummy yeah, but at that point I was too busy with RL to even care all that much. I care now btw.
Care about what, exactly?

Top Bottom