• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW Zelda Vidz!! Plz rate and critique updated 06-11-2007

Cia

das kwl
My Zelda is Better than my Sheik >_<. So tell me what chu guyz think and what i need to improve on :D

VaNz (Zelda) vs Jman (Fox)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VU4NKxZZ67w

VaNz (Zelda) vs Jman (Sheik)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ9cTD63dJY

VaNz (Zelda) vs Jman (C. Falcon)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w3mO536sKY

VaNz (Zelda) vs Jman (Jigglypuff)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h_HOU0FDflM

VaNz (Zelda) vs Jman (Marth)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6Q0pZqxjsk

2v2z!!

VaNz (Zelda), KillaFox (Sheik) vs Zro (Marth), Rockin (Peach)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lEmX44xe8k8

MORE VIDZ COMING SOON!!

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Darn Internet. Sup VaNz! Okay I'm gonna try this a second time.

First of all I want to point out that the link to the fox match links to your Young Link match. Just in case people get confused.

1-Spacing. You seem to have grapsed Zeldas reach and timing. And boy does she have reach. Always be aware of your spacing because against a good player one mistake in spacing could lead to a combo or death esspecially against CF, Sheik, or Space Animals.
But yeah, the more you play against fast fallers, the better your reflexes will be and the faster you will be able to adjust and reset spacing. It all comes with time.

2-Grab Game. Zelda does have a grab game it's just not as straight foward as some other characters. I worked on this by learning the reach and timing and all of the possible situations for it. As you get better at grabbing, you will develop a sense for combos or "consecutive hits" from throws. Up throws on fast fallers and down throws on floaties. This will also help you in reading DI and following DI. But yeah don't be afraid to grab. Grabbing is great for slowing your opponent down and sucking them into you pace.

3-Mix it up. Kicking is good, acutally it's very good, but mixing it up is important. Make use of her side and nuetral b. I actually saw you use Dins Fire so thats awesome. But I promise that Naryus Love is really useful and can come in handy against all characters in some way. And making use of her other ariels, tilts and smashes are key. It sounds funny but I promise it will make your game much deeper and better. Finally vary not only the height of your kicks ( which I did notice) but vary when you use them. This will prevent reading, and people actually timing the rhythm of your kicks and grabbing you. Cause people will figure it out if they're good.

I hope this helps. And I hope it all made sense. If you have any situational questions or something we can talk about it later. Good Zelda overall. Keep it up. ^_^

Cia

das kwl
Thankz!! that made a lot of sense. and it's funny, because i do use naryu's love very often to space myself from my opponent, but for some reason, i didn't in those first two vidz. but thankz, and i'll keep your advice in mind when playin her again :D

oh, and i fixed the first link. thankz for telling me that

ToP CaT

Smash Lord
sexy zelda plain and simple, nice job against an alright fox, his sheik was garbz tho...but still very nice, maybe some nairs when they are close but you seem to roll...its just depends on your preference either way works..Nice job

Cia

das kwl
Thank you. I'm actually trying to break out of Nairing fox and sheik. They always seem to over prioritize me with a sex kick.. LoLz

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I must say, it was quite entertaining watching yourself. Good show, you pwnd Jman at the start and it was kinda funny. I so need to get back in shape with Zelda. She is off track and I got rusty with her.

Only advice I have for you is that you jump out your shield to attack. Time you rolled and got punished for it. and space the B/F-air. when you attack out of the shield. it you think you can't, Up-B out of the shield if you want to get space. That move will hit your enemy, stun them, and you can teleport else where to get space if you need it. its a good strat. Use that well. Nothing is wrong with getting running/away.

Also when shiek gets Back onto the stage and your on the edge, dont roll. just climb up to the stage, cause when shiek recovers, he wont go far. and will be right in front or behind you. then you can so easily Punish him before he can roll away or attack.

Try to N-air more too. It is quite useful in many ways. You can do it out of the shield too. It can lead to nice combos. find you own ways to use it.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Most important thing that I didn't see anyone mention...

No name tag!

Not having your nametag on is key for mindgames. You can port to the same place, and throw off your opponent, or have them guessing where you'll port back to in a recovery situation. Just know that while you have the tag on, they can see where you're gonna go.

I don't really play Zelda (my girlfriend, GameAngel64) is the Zelda player. I just know some tidbits here and there. You're off to a good start though. Keep practicing. :)

REDRAGON

Smash Ace
wow nice vids.
I know little about Zelda but that was some nice spacing/mindgames/tech skills.
You should have won that Fox match :ohwell:
great job

Cia

das kwl
Thank you. Thankz alot. New vidz!!

Oh, and i just kept the name tag for recording purposes. But there will be no name tag in tournament.. LoLz

Darkmusician

Smash Master
The videos of the Jiggs and CF matches are not working properly. The speed of the videos is really unstable and hard to watch.

I did watch the Marth match. I know you keep the your tag on purpose, but it really does hurt your recovery. But if you'd rather keep it on dats fine. I've found that the best way to "out space" a Marth is to bait him and make him commit to an attack and then punish. This works best for me because I find it too risky to really approach a Marth. Esspecially on small stages where spacing is more difficult.

I was able to watch most of the CF match. I know that New York has much more smashers in Hawaii. We only have like 50 or so. So I end up playing people over and over and they adjust to my play. A CF that knows how to counter Zelda will grab you all match and down throw to either arials or a knee. If done correctly it can be quite painful.
My advice is to
1-Keep moving as much as possible. Dash dancing, wavedashing, empty short hops, shffls
2-Try to avoid moves with lots of lag at close or even mid range. eg. Din's Fire
3-Be patient. No need to go lunging with kicks and dash attacks all the time. To be honest it's easier said than done, but sometimes it's best to slow things down esspecially when you are playing against a character much faster than yourself.

My advice is based on what I have tried, and experienced. It is by no means the only way or the "right way." This is just some of my advice to deal with CF and Marth. (two very tough Zelda match ups indeed) Hope it makes sense.

goodkid

Smash Lord
I only remember you kicking for damage, Zelda has more moves than that! I know f smash is good, and chain throwing combos.

Cia

das kwl
Thankz. And sorry about the newer vidz. i didn't realize when i uploaded that so many of the frames were dropped.. That's why the speed seems really unstable. I'll try to get better ones soon.

Top Bottom