• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Yoshi techinque?

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
You run towards an edge that you can grab on to. Use upB right before you fall of the edge. The egg goes of and you instantly grab the edge.

Uses -
Edgegaurding: I launch the egg straight up when doing this. That way an egg is right in the way and I have the ledge. Their only choices are to stall or go above everything.

Retreating: Try to do a reverse upB so it could hit the person when retreating. I find this great against THE tornado. If you react fast enough the tornado doesnt catch you and you get a free egg hit.

More stuff: ?

What do you think? Is this known already?

Sharky

Smash Master
this has got to be at least the 5th thread about this.

Seriously. Stop. Don't post yet. Read the stickies. Please?

PRiDE

Smash Lord
booo.. I thought it was gonna be something new!

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
i actually have something to add on this...
so this ETS, u don't have to jump before upB to do it? seems like for me i just have to have run past foxtrot distance and then do like reverse upB and i slide

i also wonder if u do this off the edge that would make ur next upB go less high so it would help ledgecamping egg toss. That first egg toss off the edge i find can be dangerous sometimes b/c it goes a little high and u can be hit

Sharky

Smash Master
Yes you do have to jump. Spudz probably has tap jump on, so he is, indeed, jumping.

I'm pretty sure it doesn't count towards your midair egg throws when you slide off the stage with it. You never left the ground before the move, after all.

Chaco

Never Logs In
We need a thread, stickied that says do not post ETS as a new tech!

Stage of Events:
1.Make thread
2.Get stickied
3.Dance
4.???
5.Reap rewards
6.Wonder what 4 is.

bigman40

Smash Master
I found something odd that happens when Yoshi DownB's the ledge. If you drop down, off the ledge, DJ, then DownB as soon as Yoshi's face reaches the ledge, he'll instantly grab the edge like he's auto sweet spotting the ledge.

I'll get a video up soon when I get the time.

CluelessBTD

Smash Ace
I found something odd that happens when Yoshi DownB's the ledge. If you drop down, off the ledge, DJ, then DownB as soon as Yoshi's face reaches the ledge, he'll instantly grab the edge like he's auto sweet spotting the ledge.

I'll get a video up soon when I get the time.
I found something new too. When you DownB off a slope, it cancels it and you can do any other attack. I'm the first one to do this, all my friends said so. We play with items on with a 2 minute time limit at New Pork City.

bigman40

Smash Master
I found something new too. When you DownB off a slope, it cancels it and you can do any other attack. I'm the first one to do this, all my friends said so. We play with items on with a 2 minute time limit at New Pork City.
>_> I'm not joking about this one. The speed when you DownB a ledge isn't at the speed I was able to do it on. He grabbed the ledge before the words even came out!

Sharky

Smash Master
hmm...interesting. You're sure that you're not just sweetspotting the start of the double jump, right?

bigman40

Smash Master
I'm sure I'm not. When I try to ledge stall a tad, I drop down, then DJ to a DownB when he's close enough to grab it. But when Yoshi's head gets practially level with the ledge, he instantly grabs it when I DownB.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah, I've done this before. It's really cool.

bigman40

Smash Master
K, I found out that Yoshi can still do it with the regular controls (I was Bsticking it when I found out). However, the timing for the control stick to go back to neutral is uber fast, and I can't tell how long you have until it won't let you auto-grab the ledge. After I do some work and study :( I'm gonna record it to show you guys.

bigman40

Smash Master
it's fairly easy to tell. Go to a control setting that'll allow you to B-stick. then go to any stage (I just like going to BF alot), and grab onto the ledge. Drop drop for a little, then DJ back up. Before you get past the ledge, B-stick down (his head shouldn't past the ledge) and he'll grab it instantly.

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
You can infinately bomb cancel on the right edge of pictochat and yoshi's island as long as you are facing the center of the stage. Dont see many uses for this but it is really annoying. :]

Sharky

Smash Master
Yeah, there's various videos of that on youtube and floating around the yoshi forums somewhere, we've seen it. =)

bigman40

Smash Master
Random question: I know that training mode isn't useful to finding any combos, but is there any other way to using the stale move and figure out what is a combo or not?

spudzalot

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, there's various videos of that on youtube and floating around the yoshi forums somewhere, we've seen it. =)
I used it to gimp somebody yesterday because the little stars just kept on hitting him back of the stage whenever he tried to recover.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Random question: I know that training mode isn't useful to finding any combos, but is there any other way to using the stale move and figure out what is a combo or not?
I sense that your onto something. And I have no clue. Mmac would know.

YoshiIslander77z

Smash Apprentice
>_> I'm not joking about this one. The speed when you DownB a ledge isn't at the speed I was able to do it on. He grabbed the ledge before the words even came out!
maybe ur were to close to da edge and auto grabed it scatz

9 eggs (i dont get it can someone fill me in)

Top Bottom