• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Wavedash! NOT float cancel!

XERAMPELINAE

Smash Apprentice
Easy to do with the wiimote + nunchuk. To me, it is pretty useless at this moment, but maybe it can be incorporated into play when some kind of connection with it is discovered.
So yeah, I experimented quite a bit, but meh...
I think it has been posted before, but no big deal.

XERAMPELINAE

Smash Apprentice
The closest thing to wavedash is the item/shield toss. Peach does this easily with turnips, and all female characters (and correct me if I'm wrong, Shiek is excluded) can do so with any item that is throwable. Link can also do this with his bombs, but it is WAY harder to do with ease.
When using item/shield toss, peach dashes gracefully in desired directions as she throws turnips/items.

Trillion

Smash Ace
I don't have my wii with me cuz im at college and my bro and sis have it so i havent tested this thing yet, but my thought was that since you can keep the shield up really well with it you might be able to move and sheild well enough that you block most attacks as well as it allows for lower to the ground aeriels similar to double jump cancelling in melee. It may not be very useful but I plan to try it out soon and find out

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
This has been found out by me already. its the same thing just a different name. all you do is just tap the jump button quickly while holding the stick down and slightly to the left or right. Thats all it is, and it has to deal with FC Cause if you look at her closely, she gets into her float animation then you just stop floating. its nothing new.

hotgarbage

Smash Lord
I've actually had some success with this. There is a catch though: there are TWO "Peach-dashes". The one you're doing is the short version. I use it primarily for canceling dashes into attacks (pd to f-tilt is cool, but situational, and pd to u-tilt is good for platforms).

The other version is trickier. All you do is start a dash and THEN do the PD (in VERY quick succession). It ends up going noticeably further and as far as I can tell it's just as fast. I haven't incorporated it into my playstyle yet, but IIRC I have been able to dodge G&W's dair with it and then whack him with an f-smash. The timing is very tricky with both of these though.

Don't know how useful this info is as I haven't really messed around with it that much, just thought I'd throw it out there :p.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
To keep on floating, I've noticed that the jump button has to be held down at all times. Otherwise it'll end too early.

Top Bottom