• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Wario Dthrow Findings

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
PARTIAL VIDEO:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjKJfAxSQ5w

VIDEO #2:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UmdbvFiJOE
Ok so Wario players had someone test this, this is what they found:

Boost Grab/dash grab does not work on Dedede. Wario's frame advantage is too small for it to be guaranteed.

This frame advantage is large enough to where if you Dthrow them and you have your back to a wall (doesn't have to be touching the wall, but the opponent does have to be "stopped" by the wall at least somewhat for it to keep them closer to you than normal), that you can regrab.

If you have two walls close enough to you, you can basically infinite that character between them.

For Snake, Boost Grab/Dash grab does not work. Frame advantage is too small.

If you have your back to a wall, you can Dthrow and regrab, but he has a frame to pull out a grenade. This could be overcome if you grab armored the grenade perfectly, but that would be ******** to do. After a certain %, hopefully not too high, your frame advantage becomes large enough that you can regrab and no grenade is possible. With two walls spaced well, this is an infinite.

For Metaknight, Boost Grab/Dash grab does not work. Frame advantage is too small.

If you have your back to a wall, you can Dthrow and Buffer a Dtilt (not joking here, I said it, Dtilt). After a certain %, hopefully not too high, you can Dthrow and regrab. With two walls spaced well, this is an infinite.

For some characters, if they are slightly out of range of the grab, you can buffer a Dtilt and hit them. You can do this to Snake and Dedede normally if you have no walls. MK I do not think you can do this to. Dtilt might work on Falco at lower %'s, not sure.

Basically, for a lot of characters, you can infinite them between two walls if they are close enough and spaced well. Without walls, a lot of characters you might be able to Dthrow and Buffer Dtilt to hit them instead of grab.

SMASHVILLE PLATFORM THROWING THE DIRECTION THE PLATFORM IS TRAVELING:

Dthrow ---> Regrab
Dthrow ---> Fsmash-Jab (WITH ENOUGH FRAME ADVANTAGE, REQUIRES QUITE A BIT OF DAMAGE ON THE CHARACTER)
Dthrow ---> Waft (with frame advantage, guaranteed)

With one wall, and assuming at least 5 frame advantage for Wario, he can Waft on them (not full waft however, and assuming MK is close to Wario's body when he does the waft and assuming Wario is frame perfect) and it is guaranteed. This might be guaranteed on MK, frame advantage on him is only 4 IIRC so he probably can't shield it.

With one wall, you can Dthrow with your back to it, regrab, Dthrow, Buffered Dtilt a lot of characters. You could also try to Fthrow them into the wall, but if they tech they might be able to punish you for it.

On Rainbow Cruise, if you Dthrow facing the correct way (depends on what direction the screen is scrolling), you can Dthrow and regrab/Dtilt as if there was a invisible wall there/force pushing them closer to you. This means for Dedede, Snake, and possible MK, you can Dthrow, turn regrab, or Dthrow, turn Dtilt. Dthrow to Waft MIGHT be possible on RC on Dedede, not entirely sure.

Dedede at a high enough % you have a guaranteed Fsmash on.

We are looking into the effect different terrain has on this. Depending on what we find, YI may be a new CP for us, or a stage to keep avoiding.

DEDEDE:

Regular Terrain:

No Walls:

Dthrow ---> Buffered Dtilt

1 Wall:

Dthrow ---> Regrab ---> Throw of Choice, if Dthrow ----> Buffered Dtilt
Dthrow ---> Buffered Dtilt
Dthrow ---> Waft (not fully charged, fully charged might hit at later %'s, not entirely sure)
Dthrow ---> Upb (only guaranteed at somewhat higher %)
Dthrow ---> Jab (only guaranteed at higher %'s)
Dthrow ---> Bite (this is practically guaranteed even at lower %. I mean they can spotdodge it, but IDK if they are invulnerable before chomp hits if they try to roll. After a certain point, it's guaranteed for sure)

2 Walls:
Same options as 1 Wall ^^^^

Dthrow ---> Regrab ---> Dthrow ---> Regrab (basically infinite)

Slanted Terrain (Slanted upwards, where they land closer to you):

No Walls:

Dthrow ---> Regrab
Dthrow ---> Dtilt

SNAKE:

Regular Terrain:

No Walls:

Dthrow ---> Dtilt

1 Wall:

Dthrow ---> Dtilt
Dthrow ---> Regrab (Snake can pull a grenade at lower %'s, after that he cannot)
Dthrow ---> Regrab ---> Dthrow ---> Dtilt
Dthrow ---> Regrab ---> Fthrow
Dthrow ---> Jab (Higher %'s only) (Jab to Grab can be a true combo, so that means Dthrow ---> Jab/Regrab ---> Dthrow ---> Dtilt
Dthrow ---> Upb (slightly higher %, will connect after Dtilt does, around same time as grab)
Dthrow ---> Jab ---> Fsmash
Dthrow ---> Fsmash (higher % only)
Dthrow ---> Waft
Dthrow ---> Bite (isn't technically guaranteed til slightly higher %, but only thing they could do to escape is roll and it might not be fast enough

2 Walls:

^^^^ All of that

Dthrow ---> Regrab (basically infinite)

Sloped Terrain (upwards, where they land on the ground closer to you)

No walls:

Dthrow ---> Regrab ---> Dthrow ---> Dtilt
Dthrow ---> Regrab ---> Fthrow
Dthrow ---> Dtilt

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Reserved for possibly more space for this.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well, in general it can be assumed that there aren't any follow ups in those instances.

The frame advantages Wario has are usually tiny. Barely enough for him to get an attack/grab in. To hit someone offstage, unless you are attacking onstage, you would have to run/go offstage somehow and try to hit them. Jumping takes up so many frames that it basically throws away your frame advantage. Dashing/going offstage takes too many frames as well.

Something like Dthrow buffered Jab/Dtilt might work. Offstage, grabbing PROBABLY isn't guaranteed.

On Halberd, if Dedede lands on one of the two flying platform slants, you can regrab him as long as Wario is on the main flat part through the grab.

bassem6

Smash Lord
o_O So uhh... Basically, if theres one wall behind us and we are facing away from it and dthrow the opponent, we get a free waft(if not fully charged) or up-b or dtilt? Does this only work on heavyweights?

And on ddd on normal terrain, we are guaranteed a buffered dtilt after dthrow?

Edit: Hey I just thought of something. If we grab ddd on the smashville platform and it is going the opposite direction that we are facing;if we dthrow ddd could we possibly get a free waft? Since the throw pops him up and the platform moves us closer to him?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
On normal Terrain no walls, we are guaranteed a buffered Dtilt on Dedede and Snake.

With a wall in play, you basically can regrab 1 time, and the other side it acts as if there is no wall.

2 walls you can infinite on.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjKJfAxSQ5w

With certain slants like Halberd, Delfino, Lylat, you get a regrab. Some of them you get the weird "BZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ" where they are stuck there. When they are like that, you need to throw them/not pummel.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
varies by character, %, and Dthrow staleness.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Kprime testing it. His testing is accurate too. He confirmed a lot of what I assumed to be true, like offstage (apparently no frame advantage for offstage people), slants, and other things

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dtilt is not guaranteed on Dedede on every %/staleness. Eventually when it gets high enough, just about any follow up will be avoidable. HOWEVER WITH A WALL, it generally will not matter what % they reach on the higher scale.

Dtilt is guaranteed for a LONG time though.

Basically, the higher up you go % wise, generally the more of a frame advantage Wario has. This also means however that they land further and further away from you. Staleness affects how far they fly away from you. The staler it is, the closer they land to you. A Super stale Dthrow at 100% will maybe give you 6 frames advantage and keep you close enough to Dtilt, where as a fresh Dthrow at 100% will maybe give you 8-9 frames of advantage but move them just out of reach.

It's complex, but I will figure out the approximate %'s soon.

EDIT:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3UmdbvFiJOE

ALSO! Smashville platform it is true that stuff like Dthrow/Regrab or Dthrow/Waft will connect IF you have frame advantage. On MK, you need some damage on him before attempting it.

Slepten

Smash Apprentice
I have such a hard time buffering a turnaround anything.
Even using the little guide DMG made

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Buffering a regrab is easy.

Buffering the Dtilt, I need to pay attention or something cause I am missing it lmao.

bassem6

Smash Lord
hehe. This pretty much means if we grab mk at all while we are standing on the sv platform we can get a free waft. If we are facing the direction the platfrom is moving we just GR waft or if the platform is moving the opposite direction we are facing, we dthrow>waft( Assuming it works on mk xD)

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
it works on him and most characters.

Also against a single wall, depending on where you are, you can infinite Dedede right back lmao.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
What stages can you infinate DDD on? and the buffer Dthrow>Dtilt looks really amazing. I must try that when i get home!

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
I don't know why people want to do things like this to D3... if you mess up you're going to eat a ****load of damage to a much easier CG > GR. The risk isn't worth the extra 2-3% most of the time.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Because we all hate him.

And buffering regrab is harddddd :(
i love DDD. i just want to perfect the dthrow>buffer dtilt. that looks really cool. i really wanted to learn a dtilt combo. its a good move, but hard to pull off.

toobusytocare

Smash Lord
What stages can you infinate DDD on? and the buffer Dthrow>Dtilt looks really amazing. I must try that when i get home!
its not infinite anywhere

you can CG him when your back is to a wall (which isnt a good idea because if you're against a wall he can just as easily infinite you against that wall <_<), or you can get the regrab on a slope

the only places i have found where you can actually CG him on slopes in Green Hill Zone and Pirate ship

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You can CG D3 between the tree and rock in the rock transformation of PS1 and I believe it's also doable between the two slants on Frigate.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Indeed it is.

Same for Brinstar and many other places.

AlMoStLeGeNdArY

Smash Hero
NNID
almostlegendary
3DS FC
1349-7081-6691
Anyone do any testing on stages that actually matter like RC. I mean d3 has a standing infinite on that stage when it scrolls there should be something Wario is be able to do right?

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
He can Infinite Dedede back on the ship lol.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
If Wario grabs Dedede in front of the ship "wall", it's an infinite.

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Its not an infinite it goes up to like 100 and its the same way on frigate on the sloped part

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Frigate it's slightly different though in that both parts are slopes. On RC, for the ship because the stage scrolls towards you, it brings them back to you. On RC, I believe it lasts til 150+ % if you are not TOO close to the wall.

You are right about frigate though lasting to about 100ish. I think I did it at 120 or so and it stopped. Stale Dthrow by then of course, so IDK how much that affects it.

hunger!

Smash Champion
wait....people are just finding out about wario's dthrow shenanigans on slopes and walls? wtf

the only new thing in this thread is dthrow dtilt. which is a completely useless combo. dtilt is horrible.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Well some of it was known, but not confirmed. Like grabbing people on the smashville platform, dthrow, fart on characters you can't CG. Same for stuff involving a wall. We assumed it worked, and most of it does. Some of us assumed that different characters gave Wario different frame advantages, but this was never fully explored (it's true and confirmed).

Other stuff is new. Like a regrab on MK on slopes I'm sure not many of us knew before.

Dthrow to Dtilt is useful. Dtilt pops them up and keeps other moves fresh. Dtilt also works on a lot of characters we can't CG on slopes, but can still hit them with this.

Padô

Smash Lord
You could make like Fiction did a while ago with the Dthrow > Grab.
'The X easy steps to buffer Dtilt'

X = numbers of steps

Since we are not getting any videos showing how it works exactly.

I got a video of mine regrabing a Snake on Brinstar, but I always tought this wasn't a big deal...

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293
I found the regrab in walls a way time ago, but I never took it seriously. So is it only guaranteed in those characters?

Top Bottom