• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Wario Combo!

stnapknah

Smash Journeyman
This might be obvious to some of you but I don't really know much about glide tossing. Anyway, I was just messing around with glide toss and wario has a tire to waft/f-smash combo. (I have no one to test this with, but in training mode the consecutive hit says 2 so I assume it's a combo. Feel free to disprove me if you can test this though.)

Anyway, grab a tire, glide toss towards the opponent and throw the tire down (our fastest ending glide toss) and then waft or f-smash! It works with the half waft and the full waft.

The key thing is that you have to glide toss to the point where you run into them to get the waft. This can be kind of hard because when glide tossing, wario will either stop where he throws the tire down (what usually happens) or go past it. You need to go past it or the waft will be out of reach. It all depends on your timing. Practice makes perfect! However, f-smash will ALWAYS hit

Remember, you can mind game this by pretending you're walking away from the opponent so they let their shield down only for you to tire fart them.

Tire to full waft: 52%
Tire to F-smash: 31%
You can also do up-smash but it's not as reliable with its terrible hit box.
Note: I also discovered that if you break your bike with an up-smash around the front part of the bike (small tire), the big tire will usually hang around very close to the area. Useful to know when you want a tire.

On another note, I also like to jump over my opponent and throw the tire down on them then fast fall a clap to re-catch it.

These are nice but keep in mind the hardest thing will be getting your opponent to not block the tires.

Anyone feel free to politely disprove everything that I just said lol i'm just trying to help out

Edit: It seems TheRealBobMan made a note about this saying he wasn't sure if it was possible in his guide on allisbrawl but i don't think anyone actually read that massive wall of text lol

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
You can combo with the wheel's hitstun, I know you can fsmash out of glidetoss and the waft comes out in less frames so in theory you could combo into it as well. I personally love sandwiching people between a bouncing wheel and myself should I happen to have one in my hands. Opponents always seem to forget that practically any attack will destroy the wheel.

MrEh

Smash Hero
If the hitstun for the wheel is a bit over 10 frames, then it should be possible to combo a Waft from it.

Grab Release Glidetoss Waft on Meta Knight sounds possible...very possible.

bassem6

Smash Lord
If the hitstun for the wheel is a bit over 10 frames, then it should be possible to combo a Waft from it.

Grab Release Glidetoss Waft on Meta Knight sounds possible...very possible.
I thought of it first!! =P

ssbbFICTION

Smash Champion
Yah cuz against metaknights you always leave your bike on the stage lol. Already known combos but always useful.

bassem6

Smash Lord
Yah cuz against metaknights you always leave your bike on the stage lol. Already known combos but always useful.
You don't have to leave your bike on the stage for there to be wheels. You know at least once at match there are going to be wheels on stage because somehow your bike will be left on stage and destroyed

Theres definitely not enough time to do a GR and get a bike part.
WRONG good sir. I just tested this against mk and you can get a guarenteed f-smash with glide toss out of grab release. What I do is I toss the wheel above me, grab the mk, the wheel lands and hits him while hes being grabbed and then it falls directly in front of wario for glide tossing use.

It isnt very practical but if you are ever in this position, its a new option.

-Wolfy-

Smash Champion
Is glide tossing the toss during the roll animation?
I've only just moved from melee to brawl, and i can do the stuff, i just don't know the jargon yet LOL

This seems interesting, i'll test it out a bit tomorrow.

PhantomX

WarioMan
BRoomer
FS5 has at least 6 more videos of Warios to put up (three from DMG, three from FattyFatFatso [aka Danny from OK])... I'm a bit lazy to link them, though XD

Gichan

Smash Champion
I wanna see DMG in action, wanna see how much he owns.

btw, good advice on the usmash on the fron of the bike. I was wondering how I can keep that big wheel around.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
It is impossible to grab people if you're holding an item. You will just throw the item instead of performing the grab animation.

shaSLAM

Smash Lord
what? waft into a Fsmash? how does that work? cuz doesnt wario just float up a little after doing a waft? or at least knocks the opponet to **** and back.
im glad to see activity in the wario boards...
everyone says its legit so i must be understanding wrong.
sweet though. glad for NEW C0MB0ZZZZZZ!!!

bassem6

Smash Lord
No. You can do glide toss wheel to f-smash (I know this one works) or glide toss wheel into waft(haven't tried this too many times but some people are saying it works).

I was saying if you have a wheel laying in front of you after you grab release MK, you have enough time to pick up the wheel and glide toss > f-smash the mk. (this probably works against other chars too, but mk is the only one i tested it on)

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
No. You can do glide toss wheel to f-smash (I know this one works) or glide toss wheel into waft(haven't tried this too many times but some people are saying it works).
The Waft comes out faster than the F-Smash, so there is no reason why it wouldn't work if the F-Smash works without a doubt.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Ya, but the f-smash has more range in front of wario. You would have to take a step forward to be in wafting range.
I see...I wasn't aware. That should be okay, though, right? You have a decent amount of time to do that after the grab release.

Top Bottom