• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Vids (in a playlist)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
vs Omniswell (Diddy Kong)
ANALYSIS: I'm hideously unfamiliar with this matchup, since I usually just go Marth and proceed to ****. Sheik probably has the disadvantage, though, because Diddy's banana game can cripple Sheik's ground game, and while Sheik is strong in the air, her options become more predictable when the air is the only place you're coming from.

vs Omniswell (King Dedede)
ANALYSIS: I probably could've won this if I wasn't a total moron, lol. I still believe this is somewhat close to an even matchup.

vs Omniswell (Meta Knight) 1
ANALYSIS: No johns, I got wrecked in this game. On further analysis of my other games today, Yoshi's Island may yet be my weakest stage. (Not Sheik's weakest, MINE)

vs Omniswell (Meta Knight) 2
ANALYSIS: Just to make sure I didn't just mess up the timing in an earlier match, I tried the grab release dashing usmash and verified it doesn't work. Meaning, your only options from grab release are DACUS, dash attack, and needles. Also, I highly recommend Zelda if you're not comfortable with landing Sheik's tipper usmash from ftilt or your usmash was decayed from misuse.

vs Omniswell (Meta Knight) 3
ANALYSIS: God, I hate that dip in the middle of the secondary form. It makes me slide from my aerials and screws around with my spacing. Shield-usmash (hit up and then A or up and then up on the C-Stick, while shielding) is a viable punishment if Meta Knight ends a tornado at point blank. Otherwise, dash attack or approach cautiously (most Meta Knights will either dsmash or spotdodge when you approach them after a Tornado). Oh yeah, fair is a decent attack to throw out on recovery since it's fast enough and ranged enough to stuff poorly timed edgeguarding.

vs Omniswell (Wolf)
ANALYSIS: Don't use Zelda. Use ftilt a lot.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
Oi.

vs. Diddy Kong

It looked like he was just messing with you the entire match. Keeping the bananas on the level even when you got a hold of one of them just seemed like a bad idea when he showed he could barrel cancel. I'd have just tossed them off the edge. Looked like mindgames out the wazoo on Omni's part. glide tossing the bananas down, it looked like he was forcing you to jump. I would have just stuck with Marth. Oh did you mistakenly transform?

vs. King DeDeDe

All the kills in this match tickled me. They were pretty funny. Anywho, spacing spacing spacing. It looks like you're trying to slowly incorporate the use of the chain into your gameplay? Is that true? and if so how come?

vs. Metaknight 1

I feel like all the cons that I talked about in the sheik stage discussion thread popped up in this match. You can only upsmash on the part of the level that's tilted down and the rising platforms help people recover. Not to mention you were playing metaknight. I think I need to learn about the mechanics of gliding cause what he was able to do [distance and angle-wise] completely astounded me. Doing the Forward Smash toward the level when you were trying to recover. Tricky Tricky. There also seemed like there were some really misplaced vanish kill attempts. too.

vs. Metaknight 2

Better. I was really shocked at some of those vanishes didn't hit. Although you didn't catch him in the jabs, I thought everything considered you handled the little bout under the tree pretty well. What I learned from this match? Assume all of metaknights attacks will be followed up with a down smash. It also looked like Omni was "ascared" of Zelda.

vs. Metaknight 3

I completely despise that level... The dash attack kill was nice, and pretty unexpected. I was guessing needles and wham, Metaknight dies. I had to go back and rewatch that part because I was in disbelief for a moment there. I honestly thought near the end of your second life when you were hit far to the right, that you wouldn't recover. I thought you would have fallen short. I'm really surprised he didn't Shuttle Loop more. Possibly because it was Frigate Orpheon. Anywho, nice punishment with the Upsmash and dash attack kills, the last kill seemed a little anti-climactic, but a win is a win I suppose.

vs. Wolf

In the beginning of the match, did wolf DACUS? o_O

demodemo

Smash Ace
i watched the diddy match

diddy is real hard, :( it is sometimes difficult to pick up his bananas in a fight since you can't use sheiks DA (DA has lots of lag) unless you hit with it. try shielding a lot against the bananas, and somehow avoid his grabs :|

works for me most of the time lol

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
vs. Marth 1

Marth's second death was kind of funny. 1:40 f-tilt to bair. I don't know what it is about that but I love doing that. 1:55 it seemed you got played like a fiddle. He forced the teleport to forward smash. Smooth move on his part. 2:50, nice DI? I'm not sure if that's right, cause it looked like you jumped, which don't get me wrong, was a pretty slick way of moving toward the diagonal of the blast zone, which is a great way to correct yourself if you do mess up the DI. I hate Marth's range.

vs. Marth 2

This one wouldn't load after a few seconds...

vs. Marth 3

Stop DI'ing toward the dancing blade >.< He seemed to be laying on it's use rather thick in the beginning. 1:39 What?! Marth's Down Smash knocks vertically?! Upthrow to Upsmash under the windmill... never get's old.

vs. Metaknight 1

You guys didn't finish the match, but we all know who the real victor was : ) Nice way to keep your distance while keeping up the needle game.

vs. Metaknight 2

Ouch, I'm not sure you even fought metaknight that round. That was more like the wall of sword. That was rough. Hard to approach and nearly no way to gimp. Not much there to look at : \

vs. Metaknight 3

1:20 if only Sheik's moves were that fast... Although I know it's important to learn about this match-up, I hate watching it. The match just seems stale. I was wondering if you would be kind enough to share a little of what goes through your head while you're playing metaknight. Just a few general basic ideas you keep in mind during the match. I also couldn't get this to load past 2:53. It seemed like after you killed Metaknight the first time, you guys got a bit more serious and played a little harder. Or maybe it's just me.

vs. Metaknight 4

1:00 aww... I thought the chain would work. It's nice to see you try and integrate some of the things we talk about here on the boards into your game so quickly. 2:58 to 3:03 Owww... that hurt me. Got worked hard there... SCOTU Smash DI's too good. Right outta Zelda's Upsmash. The sliding Upsmash shocked the hell outta me. Well done in that regards.

vs. Metaknight 5

Better usage of the chain there. Wasn't perfect, but much better than the last few matches. Unfortunately it wouldn't load past 2:56.

vs. Fox

Down Air to Up Tilt is mean. His usage of the up tilt in general was mean. funfact: I swore at 0:42 you kneed him. My eyes almost popped out of my head, and I had to rewatch it to realized what exactly you did. 1:09... what?!?!?! No chain?! This match was full of missed gimping and ledge grabbing kill opportunities. 2:31 awww, anti-climactic ending. Well I guess better luck next time.

vs. Marth

When we get to the Marth stage counterpick discussion, I know which one to pick : ) Your death seemed a little strange, but hey, it happens every once and a while. I'm guessing you didn't realize you didn't have a second jump.

Thanks for the watch as usual Ankoku.

P.S. Awesome Pic~

-Mars-

Smash Hero
East i'm pretty sure he's not going to ledgehog Scotu's Fox during friendlies. Scotu playing Fox against Sheik in the first place proves they're just messing around.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
All the videos loaded fine for me... try reloading the page and skipping to that spot in the vid, or viewing in normal quality.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Hm... Cause I saw Lylat picked twice... guess u got lucky :) thats my favorite stage while playing Sheik.

I watched the Olimar video.. wasn't too impressed with the Olimar myself. I'm not too familiar with samuraipanda, but it looks like he doesnt main those two characters, but rather just used general knowledge of game mechanics to play them.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
He mains Snake and is trying to pick up Olimar for, I believe, the Dedede matchup. Not that it helps any when I play Sheik, Marth, and Peach.

Villi

Smash Lord
I saw something I found curious in your last 12/15 match against MK. It seems that if you jump out of your shield as soon as your shield stun is over, you automatically do a double jump. I was doing jabs against my shield and noticed this happening.

Edit: I saw your Zelda vid -- nice lightning kicks and dtilts. My one suggestion is to try using less upsmashes for offense and try to put nair and fsmash hitboxes where you would have used up smash.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
Hmmm I strongly dislike the killing power of Snake's U-tilt... meh.

P.S. -Guys, like my new avatar!!? My Emo Flamingo is now infused with a bit of Christmas spirit, and thus is feeling a little bit depressed!! xD

Compliments to Meno!

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
A few questions:
-Why do you not use the transformation jump? It would have saved you punishment at times like in the Olimar video.
-Why do you often end F Tilt with U Smash even when you're at close to kill percentages?
Good sctuff:
-I loved your needle game against SP's Snake.
-0:37-0:48 in the second SP Snake set deserved a 'mai F Tilt>urz' caption.

On your other characters:
-Why does your Falco have more trouble killing then your Shiek lolz.
- Your ZSS is improving. I'd recommend you U Smash less and Up B more.

demodemo

Smash Ace
so good ankoku

i can't comment much on the diddy video. you're playing the matchup right though. the better you learn to catch and operate bananas, the easier and (more fun) the matchup gets. there are lots of things sheik can do with the bananas.

the olimar games were awesome, but i have not seen any good olimars before so i can't really judge :\. i never knew olimar had throws that killed lol

Top Bottom