• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Vids (in a playlist)

cman

Smash Ace
Good stuff. How difficult is it to pick up shiek as a marth main?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Two seperate youtube channels all filled with Brawl videos? Wow Ankoku you're much appreciated:)

Tristan_win

Not dead.
haha, and people dared talked about him leaving

Ankoku I always enjoy watching you play as you approach things differently them myself

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
whats omniswells AIM

he makes me want to use wolf i really like his style

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Yes i know, I was wondering if shiek would be relatively easy to pick up as a secondary for myself.
Ehh if you use Marth i'm sure in almost all of your matchups you have a huge range advantage. If you picked up Sheik you might have to make a few adjustments.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Tech skill is for good players. Clearly people don't realize I'm bad even when I say it multiple times.

East

Crappy Imitation
Doing Tricks in a Mansion Location: Tokyo, JP
Yeah, it's been stated many times that Ankoku isn't good by a credible source [him(or her)self]. Not to downplay any of their skill thus far, because I'm not exactly what you call a "blue ribbon at the state fair" either. Hell... I'm not even a white one...

*thrusts arm up in air* hooray for ****ty players!

JackieRabbit5

Smash Journeyman
nice to see such modesty but don't shortchange urself...i wish i had some of ur defensive and prediction skills, looks like u can adapt well

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Anokoku if you see a mario approaching you a lot in the air just duck and dtilt them. With good timing you can hit them out of there bair and dair before they are able to hit you.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
More videos up... and I dislike playing against Meta Knight with Sheik.

East

Crappy Imitation
I'm a bit sick of watching snake and metaknight fights so I watched the kirby matches. The first video you seemed a little antsy. I can't say for sure, cause I don't particularly know the ins and outs of what kirby can do, but I felt that there were times had you just slowed down for maybe a half second, some of the missed attacks would have hit.

The second match was... ugh. 2nd stock gone. Killing Kirby at 183% with a sheik with all fresh moves shouldn't have been too difficult. I was shocked you even switched to Zelda in the first place.

I did however like the fair>jab>grab in the beginning of the first match.

All in all, watching the kirby match didn't really seem like the Ankoku I've seen before was playing.

I'll watch the others later.

P.S. Kirby knows of our ftilt lock and and turned it against us in the form of a Utilt lock. crap.... So much for an exclusive anything.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
I watched all the vids except the Kiby and DK vids. I'll watch those tomorrow, I left several comments on a couple of your Snake vids.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Given Kirby out-prioritizes you, combos you, and KOs you at 100% with fsmash, I'm not sure why anyone would choose Sheik against Kirby.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I'm not sure if I ever gave the details of the Sheik vs Kirby matchup, but it's one I agree that Zelda would likely have a better time in.

I've disliked playing against Kirby with Sheik since April, and will continue avoiding the matchup in tournament as often as possible.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Kirby is a terrible matchup for Sheik, that fsmash has got to be one of the top 5 KO moves in the game with speed and power.

Villi

Smash Lord
Zelda doesn't do so hot against Kirby either, especially when he continually opts to wall you with bairs instead of approaching. Kirby can be one of the most tedious little ****s.

demodemo

Smash Ace
solid sheik ankoku, all i watched were the first 5 matches with snake. panda is good, ftilt is too good :(

sheik's best game against snake is in the air, and that means you have to get snake in the air more. maybe it was just because it was a friendly, but you definitely could have ftilted more, and finished with a utilt. even 2 ftilts to ultilt is fine (i think grenade stops the lock?). use utlit, and not dsmash since dsmash has a trajectory that brings snake back to the ground really fast, and you have to remember that he is weakest in the air. also, sheik's crouch is really good. sheiks crouch makes you invulnerable to the jab and his grabs, and a dtilt has the perfect set up for aerials at higher percents. I personally don't rapid jab at all, but it seemed like you kept getting punished for doing that, so maybe it is not the best damage racker.

in the air use a lot of uair. his dair is not a good defense against juggling so yeah, but it may outprioritize your uair if timed well. if so, approach his front with a bair. never attack him from behind (his bair ***** so hard FFFF)

ohhh and dsmash near the edge, then run off and hit him in his cypher. or you can transform into zelda, but to be frank, your zelda could use a bit of work haha. (not saying mine is better! :p)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
From what I could tell Snake's dair at best will trade with Sheik's uair (which isn't bad considering only the last hit is strong), and typically gets beaten out between hits by Sheik's uair. The problem is that Snake falls fast enough to airdodge past the uair and land into a shield before I can punish his airdodge. I tried some mixup games by regrabbing him if I properly predicted the airdodge and then uairing him the next time because I had just punished his airdodge.

Yeah, my Zelda is bad. Part of it may be due to my general impatience, further exacerbated by the fact that ZELDA CAN'T MOVE FAST. I will consider putting more time into her. Or less, depending on how I feel.

Rapid jabs is a habit I have in Brawl because it is so annoying to do what I want (grab, dsmash, ftilt, ANYTHING out of a jab gets buffered into rapid jabs because I time it too early >_<).

Overall my record against Panda's Snake went 4 wins 6 losses.

Flamingo777

Smash Apprentice
Although a lot of people revere you to be a great defensive player Ankoku, I tend to like your offensive game better, it sure had more of an effect vs. Panda's Snake. But.. a Snake tends to out-camp a Sheik, so what I said may be obvious.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Wtf happened in the fifth DK vid where you just fell through Pokemon Stadium?

The times you choose to transform are risky to say the least.

Also, when are we going to see an Ankoku highlight vid? You certainly have enough footage:)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Panda and I laughed about that for like 20 seconds straight. I almost forgot about that, lol. Glad I got it recorded.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I've got a couple new vids up. Nothing too special, though.

East

Crappy Imitation
Those are some pretty good ones. The Marth v. Sheik match was a good watch. I particularly liked the vanish kill mixup. Also nice job catching SCOTU in the jabs till like 216% on his second life. What I liked most about the match was the last kill. Doing the up throw into the windmill to knock him right in range for the up smash was genius.

Oh, in the match v. Levitas' ROB, what was with his second death? He just fell... and didn't try to get back up...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
He didn't realize he didn't have a second jump until he died.

Palpi

Smash Hero
Awesome matches Ankoku. You make me wanna play shiek :) I will resist the urge though, I have other characters to focus on at the moment.

demodemo

Smash Ace
hey, Anokoku is a mod now, and nobody has congratulated him? :\ i guess things work differently here on swf compared to every other forum I browse..

anyway, your zelda has gotten a lot better, see? that didn't take much time, :p

just a little tip as zelda, you should rarely uair at low percents, you are better off usmashing or utilt, really. but you only did that a couple of times, probably for mixups, so its all good.

Top Bottom