• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Videos Take A Look

Smash Saej

Smash Cadet

demodemo

Smash Ace
ok, your problem is mainly doing things you are not suppose to be doing

for example

wtf spotdodge isn't that good. what do you think you are, rob? lol, spotdodge to dsmash works, but like..no, too much, you began getting punished for it. wario is literally just sitting there, wathcing you spotdodge, then attacking, yet you keep doing it. if you desperately need to dodge a move, try jumping away, short hopping away, or just walking away.

aerial needles lol. aerial needles are unbelievably, laggy, and play a very VERY little part in sheik's game. you did them too much, and doing it offstage costed you a stock. they are not good at all, it's not like we are playing some magically wonderful game where you cancel all of your needle lag upon landing.

lol too much fsmash. it's not good, use it like once every couple of matches as a surprise, but lol its not good.

you did not do (hit) with usmash all three matches. i counted. i think you did it once but you missed. seriously WHAT. you need to learn to use usmash. running usmash is waaaaay better than you seem to think it is.

asides from that, your opponent is living too long (mainly because no usmash, seriously wtf) and there was this one part where wario was literally at like 180% or something and waaaaaay across the stage, and you could have done the following things

1. transform
2. chase
3. transform

yet you chose to charge a full needlestorm. which you used on the same stock and brought him to 200%. Nice. if you don't want to transform, you need to learn to kill with sheik. no not fsmash. no ftilting doesn't kill at 150% either, so don't do that lol

Don't let my words bring you down too much though. you just to need fix those parts up major tieeems and you will be much better

ps.

those ganondorf deaths were too funny :p

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
yeah dude like u did some good spot dogeing where you were able to follow it up but most of the time you just set your self up for an attack. just to much i like to do the side dogeing or w.e gets you distence and a much better place to do a F smash or id prefer to do a dash attack because its easy to follow it up.

and i thought your moves were really prodictable like try to change it up one of sheiks good killing moves is Usmash whitch i didnt see you pull off his F smash isnt that good for killing and leaves you in the open.

i also thought you were to defensive for sheik like if thats your game peace but i like to be a little more offensive because thats what sheik is good at getting in and spamming attacks.

but you did have some pretty good kills like the vanish one that was nice.. i say keep theses in mind and you will do alot better

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
LessThanPi
aerial needles are actually awesome, lol. just full hop them; that lag stuff is bad. if they can get past those needles before you hit the group you can nair them.
using them off stage is good both when recoving and edge guarding but when you are coming back you can't really miss, you goal should be to keep them on the stage with the needles. just wanted to give my opinion of aerial needles, I think they are too good.

First thing that caught me was the spot dodging. I don't think I... ever spot dodge with sheik, I think :/ shield grab, run. playing melee samus for years got me afraid of rolling ever, but rolling away from you attacker is a better option than spot dodging 9 times out of ten. when characters have landless lag moves shilding just gets you more pain so avoid it in match ups like that. most ground moves have enough lag after the attack to dash attack out of shield(if there is strong knock back)

don't use fsmash.

learn your match ups, wario gets destroyed by grab release stuff, grabs when he is above like 80 means death against a sheik, use that to your advantage, please.

oh, use more needles.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
On the 3rd Video at 0:56 seconds either Wario's Down smash has a strange timing for the hit box or you got invincibility frames. Does the F-Smash have invincibility frames? I'm pretty sure it doesn't.
It has weird timing, and are u talking about wario's F-smash? it has super armor..

All I can say is work on spacing and killing, and dont do pointless hings like pulling out the chain when Wario already has 200+ damage... lol

Also, use needles more, and use them more intelligently.

IMO your third video looked better than the 1st two, keep posting..

Smash Saej

Smash Cadet
Thanks everyone for commenting on these vids. I appreciate it. I have not completely mastered sheik, as I just picked her up a while ago. as for the spot dodging, I know I use it often, and I am trying to work on that, but it is just a reflex I have to become invincible for a second rather than just avoiding the attack by running away or shielding. It is something I will work on.

On another note, the last video I posted, the funny one, was not for skill showing. I just want to make that clear.

Flamingo

Smash Lord
I like spot dodging. It is actually a realllly useful tool in Sheik's arsenal... Probably the most constructive thing I was told when I posted my videos was to roll dodge less... that's because Sheik's isn't all that good. I forget if you did it in your vid, but thats just some advice. 1 more thing.. Doing that ledge drop->Uair is really risky IMO... something to use in its place is ledge drop ->fair. Also.. when you ledge drop->FF->Vanish... that is EXTREMELY risky as they can just run off and grab the ledge and you will be dead. sooooo do less of that pls. Just tryin to help :)

Top Bottom