• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Videos of Smash Bros. 3DS Emerge (SPOILERS)

Scrgp9512

Smash Rookie
Welp that's it they're real if Nintendo took action so quickly and most other leaks they never even bothered with. Honestly I'm happy it's real :b:

iluvnintendo1983

Smash Journeyman

This picture makes me believe the rumor that Bowser Jr will have the 7 koopalings as skin changes rather than having alternate colors is true. Why else is there a trophy of Larry in the clown car all by himself?

thedoctr11

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedoctr11
heres what Nintendo Everything had. might want to update the OP

Last edited:

EdwardFire

Smash Rookie
Cool, I wanted to see this guy make a video, I assume its the same guy anyway, if not, the original guy is still stupid, but this is interesting to say the least. Dark Pit and Dr. Mario are...disappointing to say the least but the cast isn't nearly as bad as some people seem to be making it out to be.

The character selection screen is still extremely bland, I really hope that's not the final copy

Zeroknight9

Smash Cadet
Umm...what?
Someone leaked some videos from ssb4's story mode (like brawls subspace emissary), but sakurai decided to scrap the idea because he felt like his team and himself weren't being appreciated and given proper credit for their hard work. To be honest, i hope sakurai is just kidding and there is a story mode, and the reason he said it was scraped was so that no one would look into it anymore and to surprise everyone. But then again, that's just a hope.

Last edited:

jacobjeb

Smash Rookie
NNID
jacobjeb
i wasnt sure about the pictures, and it seems odd that bowser jr would be in his cart. but the footage looks pretty real and nintendo put a copyright claim on it so i think it might be real. a little disappointed though with shulk looking like a link/marth clone

Bootortle

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J-Dudd
3DS FC
0259-0284-1711
Switch FC
SW-4554-3900-0616
A message to all the non-believers out there, coming from a friend of mine, who would fight for me if anyone doubted the leaks:

YOU'LL GET NO SYMPATHY FROM ME.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I recorded the Youtube video that showed all the footage (did it on a cell phone though :/) So I can upload it later, there anywhere for it to be uploaded where it won't get taken down?

I don't support leaks but this one is pretty big and has some credibility.

BriefCasey795

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AwesomeCasey
3DS FC
4382-2575-1384
I don't mean to sound like a butthurt guy or anything, but words cannot express how disappointed I am with the fact that Dr. Mario and Dark Pit are getting their own slots when they could have been alts, and also the Duck Hunt dog. I honestly can't see that thing fighting. Plus, 6 Mario reps were enough, and not only that, but this leak pretty much ruined the surprises for me. I don't think any of us expected this, but damn, at this rate, it's highly unlikely that it's fake, because I'm not liking these choices by far, and I really hope this is not the final roster. I can't be the only one to feel this way.

So basically, I just want to give a gargantuan middle finger to the leaker for not only ruining the surprises, but also killing a huge portion of my hype.

I would laugh so hard if tomorrow Lucas or Ice climbers are confirmed (not as dlc) and the leak was fake the whole time
Now that I see that, all I can hope for is the next veteran/newcomer reveal, but I hope for the same.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
How do you figure that? The pills have different angle and bounce properties. Marios left and right air attacks will hit the opponent down while Dr. Mario's will hit them in an upward angle. Their cape speed is different as well as recovery time, getting hit with mario's down B is easier to DI out of while Dr. Mario's down B is harder to DI out of from hit stun. I could go on and on but you get my point I'm trying to make. If Dr. Mario is a perfect clone of Mario with different colors then so is Lucina, Marth, Roy, Ike by your logic.
LISTEN. Marth, Lucina, and Roy (stop saying Ike he doesn't even have the same moveset) are all not the same person. Dr. Mario is Mario with a doctor's coat. That is my problem. I'm fine with clones that are different people like Falco and Fox. Dr. Mario to me is if you put an apron and chef hat on Donkey Kong and said "WARNING! NEWCOMER! Here comes Chef Donkey Kong!" Sure Dr. Mario has different properties or whatever but such a small change does not deserve his own roster slot, he should have been a costume like in Project M. I'm just saying if you're ganna have the same person on the roster twice they better be as different in playability as Zelda and Shiek.

DigbyTheDog

Smash Rookie
I don't mean to be a bother, but regarding that all-star mode image, what's the source of that?

It doesnt seem to be in the imgur album with the other leaked images, so I question it's legitimacy?

Just wondering :)

Amazing roster by the way, just blown away, overall.

infomon

Smash Scientist
You didn't have to click on the link that said SPOILER on it.

I don't understand being disappointed about the inclusion of a character, e.g. Dr. Mario. We could have not had Dr. Mario, and there would be one less character to play. Having him is only better than not having him.

Any amount of "oh if only they didn't work so hard on Dr. Mario, they could have included Cooking Mama instead" is wild silly speculation. Sakurai makes the decision, it's his game, and it's going to be awesome. It would be nice if the sky rained candy, but you know what? I'll settle for skittles, because they're delicious and real.

The21stSmasher

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-7518-6470-1706
:crazy:Holy Crap! It's REAL!!:crazy:
The roster/the leak's looking good and a bit disappointing to me. Mainly because:

1. Falco & Ganondorf are BACK! :chuckle:
2. Dr. Mario is his own character. A waste of a slot... :glare: (Unless they change up Dr. Mario's moveset a bit.)
3. I was correct about Dark Pit being in the game! (I mean a tease can't mean nothing. :ohwell:)
4. Paper Mario's NOT in the game... :crying:
5. Replay Channel!! :colorful:
6. Ganondorf's moves are looking the same as Brawl... :facepalm:

So, I'm not 100% happy nor disappointed about this. I'm 50-50 on this leak. :ohwell: Also, this is the very first leak that's ACTUALLY LEGIT in Smash 4! Thanks goodness for that!

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
I don't really care if these are real or not, I just want to get the game soon.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
LISTEN. Marth, Lucina, and Roy (stop saying Ike he doesn't even have the same moveset) are all not the same person. Dr. Mario is Mario with a doctor's coat. That is my problem. I'm fine with clones that are different people like Falco and Fox. Dr. Mario to me is if you put an apron and chef hat on Donkey Kong and said "WARNING! NEWCOMER! Here comes Chef Donkey Kong!" Sure Dr. Mario has different properties or whatever but such a small change does not deserve his own roster slot, he should have been a costume like in Project M. I'm just saying if you're ganna have the same person on the roster twice they better be as different in playability as Zelda and Shiek.
QFT, this so much. It's such a fricken waste. Which would you rather have, Mewtwo or Dr.Mario? If you say Dr.Mario there is something wrong with you. Hell, at least Paper Mario would be pretty different.

Last edited:

spiderfreak1011

Smash Ace
NNID
spiderfreak1011
3DS FC
3050-8430-0117
Ok, here i am, coming in way late to the party, i just woke up to see my forums blowing up about this leak.

I just saw part of the videos from the video on this thread: http://kh13.com/forum/topic/78533-super-smash-bros-wii-u-3ds-leak-is-real-shulk-bowser-jr-confirmed/

I don't...Im happy that they're in and Shulk made the cut, Jr. is cool too, and yes for Ganon. But...I can't accept that Dr. Mario would be brought back, and not Mewtwo or Roy. Or that Sakurai would put in Duck Hunt Dog OF ALL PEOPLE. OR, That he would cut ICE CLIMBERS, LUCAS, AND WOLF AND MAKE THEM DLC. I just...For me, the Bad outweighs the good here. I'm kind of dissapointed in sakurai honestly. :\ *sighs*

Im ready for the fanhate guys. : p

JabbatheHutt

The Kingpin of the Outer Rim
I dunno how to feel. I wanted the big guy confirmed in such an epic way through a trailer. Instead... it was through a leak.

If this is true......
his Trophy Description is terrible.

There's more to him than being Gross. He is a little quirky, yes but hes good natured at heart.

wtf Sakurai, Wario better be getting the right representation this time. Hes not just a Gross guy who loves farts.

He loves money, yes, but he also has a depth to him even Mario doesnt have.

Until Wario is officially announced i will withhold the GIF I made.

Last edited:

Haydossy

Smash Journeyman
I am so tempted to press the play button, but I won't. Brawl was my first Smash game and I didn't know anything about who was going to be in it, so it was a surprise. I will not press that button..... or maybe just a little peek....

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
Dark pit got in over Hades, Magnus, or Medusa.... And hes a freaking clone... Dr.Mario? DR.MARIO!!!!?!?!?!?!? However that yoshi thing leads to believe that just like the brawl leak and just like the melee leak, this is not the full roster. Also there is information from the leak that lines up with this one that talks about Ridley being playable, dixie kong (OVER KING K ROOL?) being playable, Mewtwo being playable, and mach rider being playable. However they didnt get the information on Mach Rider till later so they might not even have the full roster... but if they have other characters than the ones i mentioned, there wont be much more...at all.

masterlettal

Smash Rookie
NNID
Sauvey
The only real problem I have with this leak is the disrespect to sakurai and the rest of the smash team. It would of been better just to let it happen naturally but I guess some people just have too little patience. Anyways looks cool, I pray there are more unlock able characters ( I need my Ridley) since some thing seemed locked.
Also shulk looking like a generic swordsman is pretty lame for a character with so much potential.
P.S I'm new here hai how y'all doin

okamifire

Japan Enthusiast
The video isn't really any more a spoiler than the screenshots were. The video just partly confirms the validity of the screenshots. To be honest, you'd spoil less by watching the video than seeing the leaked Character Selection Screen. :happysheep:

Hero of Nowhere

Smash Rookie
I dunno how to feel. I wanted the big guy confirmed in such an epic way through a trailer. Instead... it was through a leak.

If this is true......
his Trophy Description is terrible.

There's more to him than being Gross. He is a little quirky, yes but hes good natured at heart.

wtf Sakurai, Wario better be getting the right representation this time. Hes not just a Gross guy who loves farts.

He loves money, yes, but he also has a depth to him even Mario doesnt have.
Don't worry, there's still every possibility he'll feature in a video!
Unfortunately, Smash bros. has never been good at keeping characters characterisation correct; I speak from experience with Lucas in Brawl but the same goes for a few others.
Oh Sakurai, why did you have to make him like he is at the start of the game...

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Can someone explain to me what was shown in the videos? Apparently they're real because Nintendo shut them down.

Is the DLC part fake? Are the Ice Climbers returning? Is Duck Hunt Dog real? Does Bowser Jr. ride the Koopa Clown Car? Is Sakurai mad? Am I asking too many questions?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Gotta admit, despite being a huge Bowser fan, not seeing the reasoning behind Bowser Jr.

Mario series doesn't need this many reps, and like many have said, that slot could've gone to any number of newcomers from unrepped franchises.

Zombie Saurian

Smash Journeyman
I'm not gonna lie, my hype went down the tubes a bit for this game. Some of these choices are just really outweighing the good here. I'm excited for Duck Hunt Dog, G&W, ROB, Bowser Jr. and that's really it. Dr.Mario, Dark Pit, no IC's and no Wolf is just terrible, and as if we didn't have many villains before...Switch Dr.Mario with Mewtwo, and Dark Pit with King K.Rool. Characters who actually DESERVE a spot on the roster. Also, Cpt.Falcon-dorf...really Sakurai? It's been 3 games and he's still not a unique character?

Last edited:
Top Bottom