• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new uses for d-tilt

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
so i wus experimenting with d-tilt the other day and discovered some cool mindgames to play.
If u fair into the ground in front of ur opponent but use it late on purpose, the animation of the fair will appear but will not land a hit, this will also shorten the distance carried by the fair and put u in front of ur opponent. The canceled fair should be lagless and u can d-tilt in front of ur opponent.

Another use is for thos like to roll out of dairs, u figure out which way they tend to roll or do it at the edge to force there direction and then follow through the dair(di toward the roll) and d-tilt, it will most lkely hit.

And of course if ur opponent loves to roll u can turn backwards and d-tilt, the range of the move should be able to hit ur opponent out of the roll

:chuckle: hope i helped

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
...wait.

So for your first bit, you are suggesting hitting the opponent with a laggy d-tilt when you could just be hitting them with a fair? (Or bair?)

...and then you are suggesting that you should punish opponents out of rolls with d-tilts?

D-tilt is a terrible move, and I don't see you successfully arguing that is has any utility. Out of rolls Jigglypuff should do rollout ideally, if you don't have time for that smash or rest, and if you have almost no time fair or bair. Dair is also a good intermediate option, especially at higher percents, and rising pound can put you in a nice position at certain weight/percent combinations.

But d-tilt is not really useful for anything. I d-tilt the pillars on Luigi's Mansion to clear my stale moves list, because it is so worthless.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
...wait.

So for your first bit, you are suggesting hitting the opponent with a laggy d-tilt when you could just be hitting them with a fair? (Or bair?)

...and then you are suggesting that you should punish opponents out of rolls with d-tilts?

D-tilt is a terrible move, and I don't see you successfully arguing that is has any utility. Out of rolls Jigglypuff should do rollout ideally, if you don't have time for that smash or rest, and if you have almost no time fair or bair. Dair is also a good intermediate option, especially at higher percents, and rising pound can put you in a nice position at certain weight/percent combinations.

But d-tilt is not really useful for anything. I d-tilt the pillars on Luigi's Mansion to clear my stale moves list, because it is so worthless.
Yeah, I much prefer F-tilt if I feel like doing a grounded move... or dash attack or rarely F-smash or boost smash. But that is my grounded A move list, and D-tilt pales compared to F-tilt.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
Yeah, I much prefer F-tilt if I feel like doing a grounded move... or dash attack or rarely F-smash or boost smash. But that is my grounded A move list, and D-tilt pales compared to F-tilt.
ummm well the range of f-tilt is no where near as great and if down-tilt misses just roll away, always using it behind ur opponent so they dont sheild grab and f-tilt to down tilt is a combo too actually

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
...wait.

ur not supposed to use it like fair or bair my friend its used for the range and the fact that its timing is perfect in predicting rolls, its really a mind game move for jiggz who like the ground and since ur mostly airs with ur jiggz i suggest u don use it thinkaman

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
The only time I ever use d-tilt is if someone in front of me caught me in some repeating jabs that I smash DI out of to the side. Normally you don't have enough time for a smash (you'll get shield grabbed) but the f-tilt doesn't out-range most repeating jabs.

It's pretty situational, only affects some matchups, and doesn't really set up anything.

Top Bottom