• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New UCD Tournament Jan 9, 2010

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
Raphael's is OFF DA HEEZAY
and the monkey/dog duo have a song that sound like animal crossing.
and the gross, beat up fish, has a song that sounds like it was stolen from one of the first sonic games.
(i'm a noob i guess for not knowing their names)

dang... we should tetris attack mm.

Gaara♥

Smash Master
FF4 on DS ***** so hard!

and every song played during each of the phases of the last boss fight were amazing in FF8

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
well lunge fish stole music from sonic baby!
haha but that's cool with me.

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
nah i mean there's nothing wrong with playing ToS, it's not a bad game by any means

but i'm just shocked that i hear SO MANY people play it, people in the gaming community or people who play a lot of games and should know better, yet have never played ToP
The original ToP only came out in Japan during a time when RPGs were not very popular in the States. The GBA and PSP remakes were released with little fanfare, especially compared to Symphonia which was touted as bringing the Tales series into the next generation.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i got bored of ToS after 10-15 hours or so

and the story was HORRIBLE

there's no way you could play ToP and not think ToS was an abomination in comparison, even though it's still a decent quality RPG on its own

ugh

MacD

Banned via Administration
over teh summer i was looking for a good RPG and ToP caught my eye but i never ended up getting it, i got super paper mario because i was expecting it to be like the other ones but it wasn't, good game but not the same RPG status as the others

this convo makes me really want to get ToP but i won't get to play it till summer as i don't have a snes here

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
over teh summer i was looking for a good RPG and ToP caught my eye but i never ended up getting it, i got super paper mario because i was expecting it to be like the other ones but it wasn't, good game but not the same RPG status as the others

this convo makes me really want to get ToP but i won't get to play it till summer as i don't have a snes here
emulators ftw.

paul im actually serious, i didnt know it was a mm.

lucian you need to go.

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
top blows chrono trigger out of the water

so does seiken densetsu (sp?) 3 aka secret of mana 2

both are on SNES, just get an emu

the translation of ToP on the emu is PHENOMENAL, legitimately laugh out loud funny

both are japanese only

Miztik

Smash Master
Why yes it is! :lick: I just finished reading this peach thread and the posts were hilarious. :laugh: Peach threads are too good.
I remember posting in there before and pissing off every good peach player that post there (cort, vidjo i think, and xif)

it was so fun

MacD

Banned via Administration
omg, super mario RPG legend of the 7 stars, beautiful, tooooooooo good, i have that for the snes, it was my neighbors and i borrowed it and they didn't care that i kept it

but i think we can all agree the tales games are all pretty good

joeplicate

Smash Master
wtf your posts are back??!

EDIT NO THEYRE NOT?!?!?!?!?!??!?!?!
WHAT THE **** SMASHBOARDS!!!

EDIT GET FUCKING ***** BY LOCATION

good **** choknater
are you keeping your own post count?

Pink Shinobi

Smash Ace
Falcomist...I promised someone already, BUT COME ANYWAYS. I really wanna fight good falco's more. To be honest, if Zhu went Falco on me, I'd be worse off cuz I don't know the match up too well. O_O;;;

Top Bottom