• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New UCD Tournament Jan 9, 2010

MacD

Banned via Administration
****, mango going makes me want to go now, i know'd i get some good gas money or whatever... hmmmm, soooo tempting, and paull, we could rematch our peaches, lol, no, jk that would never happen except maybe if we played in tourny

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
i'll probably go to this

MMs for up to $5

...but only for $1 if you use peach at any point
OMG POCKYDEE!!!

Mango if you go up to this let me know, how are you getting up there

let's train together or something

but if you have a connect then don't tell me cause then i'll feel like you're more special than me

PHIL07

Smash Journeyman
mango im not impressed that i get 2 stocked everytime i pick puff player. Just stay at home we dont need you...

jk Hope you bring cameron! <3 cameron/mango/jenny and atlus =)

edit* but it is on a sunday dont you have school?

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
OMG, if Mnago comes, we can finally have our date!

Oh, San Pablo wants to crew battle some crew here. Just throw a whole bunch of players together if you dont have a crew. Crew battles make things fun.

And I wanted to MM Pocky, but then he said 1$ only if you play Peach.

/cry

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Yeah, he mains ICs.

Oh, lets get a Zelda vs ICs rematch.

I remember I almost beat you with her in tourny, but got scraped in that one single at SJSU.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
OMG not this again.

When I say almost, im using it to track my progress with that certain character, or in some cases, just tracking my progress period.

Wins arent always just wins. Sometimes people like to see how far they progressed against a certain person that they may not have done as well against before.

Me stating I almost beat your ICs with Zelda at one point, and then getting ***** at another point just means there was a complication in one of the matches. Maybe you didnt know the match up as well, but learned afterward.

I was in no way using the example to discredit your skill with ICs, or to bolster my own with Zelda. Sorry if it seemed that way.

Did I rant too much? I think so.

ZodiakLucien

Smash Ace
when you say I almost beat you with whoever, it sounds more like you are putting down our character moreso then saying the progress on your own character. Also makes you sound arrogant as you are announcing it on the boards.

pockyD

Smash Legend
if you need a ride, you should talk to me on aim

on smashboards, i'll never really know if you got the message or not, and there will be details to be worked out anyway

and i'm just more bothered by the notion of "almost" anything, especially when it's in a single game

m2k "almost" won pound3 :laugh:

but ok, i'll mm your sheik+zelda combo (which is what you really used anyway) for $1-5, and your peach for $1 if you so choose

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
But then you have to factor in that I also said I got scrapped at a later date. Does that mean i got worse, or he got better?

It probably stems from the fact that you cant convey emotions as well over the boards, and therefore what you said is lost in a monotone reading of your words. In that case, I would just think of the person as I know them in real life, and ask myself if thats how they'd respond in real life. If you dont know this person in real life, then of course you would have that defensive reaction.

Or, you could take it as simple as possible. I want to rematch his ICs with my Zelda.

Rosedemon

Smash Champion
Exactly, which means the first time was me trying my hardest, and still losing, while the second time was me getting scraped. And yes, i try my hardest in friendlies as well. Unless im Marth or playing bootle.

So I dont understand how, or even why people would think I was trying to discredit you. Not trying to sound emotional, but im not that kind of person. I dont even think i've ever been mean to a person i've smashed with.

ender

open your parachute
BRoomer
hehe, I dont get it really.

i dont get how "crew of random" people vs san pablo could be that entertaining.
If i dont have work sunday ill try and make it to this. (no johns, myself since i live a lot closer to it than most people.)

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
if i randomly show up (which is ridiculously unlikely LOL)
i wanna be in the san pablo crew.

actually... i just want them to say i am.
so... san pablo, can i be in your crew?
HAHAHAHA

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
Just a heads up. I'm thinking about pushing this back to the following Saturday so it won't conflict w/ that big tournament in UCSD. I'll know for sure tomorrow evening.

joeplicate

Smash Master
I don't know about that

the big SD tournament is brawl, while this is melee
the communities are pretty exclusive, I only know that hydrokirby is going to SD

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
davis is really cool.
you guys should just weigh out the conveniences of the date before you officially change it.

einthesuperdog

Smash Journeyman
I thought they added a third day of melee. Anyway there are some personal reasons for wanting to change it too. It all depends on if the room is available tho, so we'll see.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
LOL that music si too good! memoriez against blue

i liked beating him cuz he always had an arcanine which is my fav pokemon

i HATED his lineup in yellow versoin though ugh

Top Bottom