• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New trick to K.O. maybe?

Publix

Smash Apprentice
I was in a teams battle online and another G&W charged me and dash attacked right in front of me, but it was spaced so that he didn't hit me and that i missed trying to grab him. he then usmashed me for a kill. I haven't tested it, but it could be a new way to get kills. And yes i know it was teams and online, but it might have potential. Probably doesn't deserve its own thread, but i wanted alot of people to see it.

fraudster111

Smash Apprentice
Watch this get cancelled by tomorrow lol. I like to run up 4inches in their face and upsmash then watch them go " OPENING!!!" then i just fsmash for the kill. lolol

Blobby

Smash Cadet
What I DON'T get about people playing G & W... Most the times when I play this guy, I charge up a smash, and some person runs up to me and they die. Like... Run up to me. Do they not notice it or is G & W really that confusing to see? :p

Mr. Escalator

G&W Guru
NNID
MrEscalator
They don't actually suck though :/
He just wishes at least one of them was quicker. They all have their uses, but they all fall under having awesome range/power/cooldown but bad startup. If G&W's Dsmash was quicker, it would open up so many more options.

Anyway, G&W's smashes are all good, even at high levels of play. I mean, they are REALLY good at low levels, and are just good at high levels. This trick is silly and wont work at any level of play above low level players.

JoeJenkins

Smash Rookie
He just wishes at least one of them was quicker. They all have their uses, but they all fall under having awesome range/power/cooldown but bad startup. If G&W's Dsmash was quicker, it would open up so many more options.

Anyway, G&W's smashes are all good, even at high levels of play. I mean, they are REALLY good at low levels, and are just good at high levels. This trick is silly and wont work at any level of play above low level players.

Yeah GWs smashes are actually pretty good. At least I think so. A lot of people don't expect to get launched at 100% by him sometimes. Idk its weird, you think they would but they just don't.

Novabound

Smash Apprentice
Everytime I feel like I run out of breathing room or I'm too pressured, I just start down smashing over and over and over and over again. But I vary it by charging them at different lengths. If they're bad they'll get hit/die to it. But if they're smart, they'll just go away from you smashing, in which case the profit from spamming endlessly is that you reset the game's spacing, giving you tons of breathing room.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Stop playing noobs. G&W's Smashes suck.
N-air/U-air -> D-smash/U-smash and U-air stall -> U-smash are godly if you do them right. G&W's Smashes are all really good for punishing (air)dodges on reaction too.

Splice

Smash Hero
GaWs smashes are pretty good.

It's just the you need to be punishing or predicting something to hit them with it most of the time. You can't really just pull one out, like MKs Dsmash.

Laem

Smash Champion

Anyway, G&W's smashes are all good, even at high levels of play. I mean, they are REALLY good at low levels, and are just good at high levels. This trick is silly and wont work on people who know the matchup.
fixed for accuracy's sake.

GBye

Smash Cadet
G&W´s smash set is absolutely over average IMO.
I love tech chasing people with a Dsmash or Fsmash after Dthrowing them. :)

Top Bottom