• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Transformation Technique!

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I've been trying to find some kind of way to transform while keeping safe. Jumping off the edge and transforming will work on new opponents, but after a match or two they will catch on.

Here's what you need to do:

1. Grab any ledge.
2. Jump, while holding SLIGHTLY backwards. (You should not do a second jump)
3. Once airborne and ELEVATING, begin transformation.
4. Auto-grab the ledge OR jump again to grab the ledge OR use your recovery. Depends how long it takes.

NOTE:
You should only move in the vertical plane. If not, you're doing it wrong. Slightly hold back to keep vertical.
While begin the transformation, Zelda should continue to move upwards for about a second.
If you're transforming too late, you will just jump normally from the ledge.
If you're transforming too early, then you won't jump at all.

The great thing about this, is that during the time when you are a target, you are already invincible. Just make sure you give yourself some space.

Again, there will always be quirks with this move, but if you're the kind of person that uses both fighters in the same match, then you're going to have to find a way around this sooner or later. imo, this is the safest method so far. Both characters can easily recover from this, since they will have a second jump and ^B to get straight up back to the edge.

So, tell me what you think.

blink777

Smash Journeyman
A video would be nice. I think part of your description of the technique is missing. You mention in later parts "a jump", but your first description doesn't say to jump anywhere.

The only problem repeating this is that the time it takes to transform is not always the same for some odd reason.
The amount of time it takes to transform is completely reliant on how much your Wii is chugging at that moment, as it's actually loading the other character. If nothing's going on, then it won't take so long; if there are twenty smart bombs, a few ATs, and a Final Smash going off, then it'll be much longer.

But didn't Sheik and zelda count as different characters? Does that still apply for brawl?
Not certain what you're getting at. Even though they are counted separately in discussion, that doesn't forbid people from using both together. In Melee, there was almost no point to switching as Shiek was better than Zelda in almost every way. In Brawl, the current consensus is that the transformation just leaves you far too open (or takes away your edgeguarding opportunities, depending on when you do it) to be useful -- that and Zelda can "rack up damage" fairly well on her own now.

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
I just ordered an SD card off amazon, so that video might get posted in a few weeks.

I'll do a little summary of what to do in the main post.

Rhyfelwyr

Smash Ace
An SD card won't work. Replays from Brawl aren't saved in an actual video format. You'll have to send a replay to someone who can record and host it.

Stiputation

Smash Journeyman
Uhh...whenever I accidentally transform into Sheik. I always just jump up really high. xD

Not saying that your idea wouldn't work either. xD

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Yeah Stiputation, I made a post about an alternative method that works well, but is easily adjusted to by certain characters. I doubt there will ever be a way of transforming with a 100% guaranteed safety net.

psike

Smash Apprentice
I think the key thing that SinkingHigher is getting at there is that when you are transforming, you will always have those frames of vulnerability that can lead to KO's, and by setting yourself up for an easy recover under the ledge it is a lot more risky for someone to get to you. However, the pros will still spike you : )

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
also, transformation time is variable... maybe a slightly long transform will end very poorly for you.

PEACHYprincess

Smash Apprentice
This seems very difficult. Because when your transforming, your also falling so when you finally transform you need recover fast! I guess you could do it if your high in the air but I dont see how you could do it by hanging on the edge. I need to see a video :S lol

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
This seems very difficult. Because when your transforming, your also falling so when you finally transform you need recover fast! I guess you could do it if your high in the air but I dont see how you could do it by hanging on the edge. I need to see a video :S lol
Alright, sure. Maybe you're transforming too late.

I got an SD card but apparently I can't record video with that. I guess I could just use my videocamera.

How do you guys capture the video directly from the screen?

Top Bottom