• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Tournament Organisation System

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Yeah I was just thinking that.

I don't want our tournaments contaminated by those other filthy continents.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
What bull**** is this, what a ****ing stupid update, why fix **** that isn't broken. I hate it when people with power make dumb decisions. It'll be stupid to navigate to tournament threads now, so much easier when all aus tourneys are simply in my favorites, but now I have to filter through other crap? Lol.

IMO forget the new system and just keep using the old one.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
The tourney thread has to be put in the tournament listings forum, no more in the regional zones. The tournament listings forum is going to be a mess now, EVERY region HAS to list there.

I just checked out the tournament listings forum, it actually is quite easy to filter, you just click aus up the top lolol.

Maybe this could be good for advertising tournaments to aus forum users that don't know about the scene??

Vyse

Faith, Hope, Love, Luck
BRoomer
The point is Rob, if you're a total newbie, and you look at the front page, where would you go looking for tournaments first?

It's ALOT more relevant to the American scene than ours, and there'll be resistance to it at first, but I'd suggest that people start using it. Even if they have to duplicate threads here too.

EDIT:

Here's an idea.

Make a pseudo-subforum link to this from the Australia regional zone:
http://www.smashboards.com/forumdisplay.php?f=51&prefixid=Australia

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
If the only benefit of the new page is to allow ourselves to be found by newbies in another way, then it's better to make the Australian threads in the new page act only as a redirect to the existing Australian Sub-Forum. Australian Mods won't have full control and influence over the space in respect to the extent in which the Australian Sub-Forum currently operates.

MTGod

Smash Champion
Well, as long as mods don't mind TOs making duplicate threads (one here and one in the TL section) it can't hurt.

Top Bottom