• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New to CF

M.O.T.H

Smash Cadet
Hello CF players out there!

I just started CF today lol. I have only played a few matchs with him and i actually like him a lot so far. Probaly because im a ganon main and CF is just like him except the speed and damage reduse.

Ok the thing is that i wanted to pick an alt character just so ganon dont get boring (dont think that will happen because ive been playing him for 3 years and everytime i get a ganon-punch in then i get all excited and want to play more xD) so i wanted to tryout other powerhouse characters because thats what fits me is characters that can get the enemy at close to 100% with just a few hits.

I tried out D3 because he does the same amout of damage as ganon does and to be honest i just wasnt feeling it with D3. So then i tried ike and i just sucked, there is no point in me trying to main/alt him lol. Then i tried DK and i was fairly decent but didnt get a trill in playing him.

So after trying all these powerhouses i thought to myself... why not try out CF for a chance just because he is just like ganon. So i picked him up and omg i was so surprised at how fun kneeing people in the face is lol. Only thing i have to get used to is grabbing instead of dark chocking people.

So if you have any advice on CF that would be great. I stay up playing brawl every night until around 2:00 am so i will be up to read messages lol.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Heya MOTH :D Welcome to the falcon boards

It's hard to give any advice to you without any video or matches to see how you play/what you know

You should check out that thread where they have people who record matches and upload them to youtube for you (if you don't have any recording setup)

Also I see you're an AL brawler, I know a lot of dudes in AL who play brawl and they're always happy to see new people :D Here's the link to the AL thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=81996 Say hi O:

Edit - Ohhhh you JUST started playing him lol I misread

Um...some beginner advice I guess is to just don't use knee like ever even though it's super tempting to go for them

lordhelmet

Smash Master
Welcome to the boards! I think we've finally accomplished getting rid of all the trolling, and we're welcoming any new members.

And what Winnar said, it's hard to help you out without videos, feel free to post some in the "Rate My Falcon" thread.

M.O.T.H

Smash Cadet
ok thanks for the advice. Oh and i play offline a lot so how would i be able to send replays to the people that make videos for me? But then again i might just record replays of a whole battle and post it on youtube instead of frag movies.

Oh and seeing as how im trying to perfect the ganon-punch i might as well try to perfect the Falcon-Punch while im at it. Also im pretty decent at predicting so i dont think working on the aim of the knee would be a problem.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Yeah I guess as a ganon main that should already be really clear that using laggy aerials when you don't know they're going to either hit or be safe is a bad idea lol

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Learn Jab cancels and juggles...That's the jist of CF for the most part.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Haha yeah jab is pretty much falcon's best move

that and uair, u-air is pretty fantastic

BTW A2ZOMG your name is pretty amazing

Darky-Sama

Smash Lord
NNID
Darky-Sama
If you have an SD card available, I would highly recommend that you copy the replays that you wish to have recorded onto that (make sure that it's the replays you want recorded ONLY because it's hard to point them out otherwise), then crush them all into a RAR File and upload them to Mediafire or something.

Whoever offers to record for you, simply send them a link to the download and they can move the replays onto their own SD card and upload. Pretty simple.

Also; Welcome to the boards.
If you have any questions, don't hesitate to post them in the Q&A thread. You could also private message me or something as well. I don't mind sharing advice with people. lol

Extra Note
; Falcon Punch is much more reliable in situations than Ganondorf's Warlock Punch. You can do stuff with the Falcon Punch like...

-Wall Jump off a ledge -> RAR Falcon Punch.
(Works best on Battlefield.)
-Occasionally tech chasing with Falcon Punch off stage.
(Sorta depends on the character you're against.)
-360 Falcon Punch for recovering back onto the stage.

mlorenzo

Smash Journeyman
welcome to the Falcon boards ^_^ im glad that u enjoy playing falcon, and remember with falcon u can use up b for attack, jab cancel to up b is fantastic and fubble knee to up b and uair to up b. :D anytime u need a match just let me know

Ramzeh

Smash Ace
Switch to a higher tier, seriously, dont spend your time in a low tier character if you wanna win
troll :psycho:

Really, dude. Get that Ganon mentality out of your Falcon. Screw damage reduction. Focus on speed. Don't go around attacking, go around AVOIDING.

Winnar

Smash Lord
Switch to a higher tier, seriously, dont spend your time in a low tier character if you wanna win
Lionman with the advice we're all thinking but no one has the ballz to say

What if he just wants to play a fun tier character :<

Oh yeah and remember when I said don't knee? I meant don't knee on stage. Especially into someone's shield. Flubbed knee (when it doesn't sweetspot and get all electric) is reeeeeally good for edgeguarding. It has high priority and combos into uair or maybe nair really nicely.

M.O.T.H

Smash Cadet
Yeah i get what your saying. But i actually got in the habit of kneeing while im air comboing so its working about pretty nice. Oh and btw i landed 1 ganon-punch and then right when i started playing CF i landed 3 falcon-punchs in 1 game lol. My brother was so mad but happy at the same time because i actually landed them lol.

Oh and i only save pictures and game files and stuff in my wii, i save replays in my SD card. But i want to know if it would be easier to just record my replays then film them with my i-pod then somehow post them on youtube. Um im not sure what else i would need to do after i filmed it on the i-pod though lol.

Edit- I forgot about the guy who said i should just switch to high tier... dude really.. lol. It matters about what character you feel comfortable with. I have mained ganon for about 2 and a half to almost 3 years now so im actually better with him than mk or other high tier characters. Plus CF and Ganon is just really fun to play with because if i win with a high tier character i hardly ever have any epic moments.

For example, im mk... how is there ever going to be a epic moment playing with him lol. But then im CF or Ganon and i land a Ganon-Punch or Falcon-Punch... whenever i land them i just get so happy because there so hard to hit with.

All im saying is people should just play the character that they feel comfortable with instead of worrying about the tier list

Darxmarth23

Smash Champion
Welcome.
@the lordhelmetthescrub: new players are always welcome, even if you think we troll, baby.

As said above,
switching from ganon to falcon can be hard

you need to forget about the damage you give and worry about the damage you take. survival is key, which is why DI is the best skill you can learn in this game.

Utelize falcons speed. Experiment with Jab and N-air.
Check out our compendium of knowledge for guides and tips on how to use falcon in an effective manner.

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Speaking about DI, don't forget about using uair for DI cancelling. And Dair, when you're knocked directly upwards (auto fastfalling).

Other than that, everyone has pretty much said everything worthy of note. Welcome to the Falcon Boards!

Willz

Smash Master
NNID
WillzUK
get good at the game with a high tier first then learn falcon when you understand how to play, then learn the willz combo (biggest priority when learning falcon) and go to tourneys and ****!!!

Anonymous24

Smash Apprentice
@M.O.T.H

Like what was mentioned before learn how to jab cancel. But whats more important learn how to use his speed as your advantage. I would also concentrate on use more air attacks like Up A and Stand Air A. Throws in my opinion help start and deliver good combos. Also dont solely rely on a falcon punch. And make yourself less predictable when you attack. I find Captain Falcon a great character who's very underrated in his potential.

Top Bottom