• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

new tier list

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
The first pill almost hit Puff because of the trajectory. You just gambled Up+B invincibility vs Jiggs' Bair and timed it poorly. Had you timed it correctly or air-dodged you would have been fine.

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
i think i may have given you the wrong time :s , i get edge hogged and killed in the clip i had in mind

lol. clearly neither side is budging here, but atleast anybody who reads the thread has enuf info to make up their own minds!

j3ly

Smash Champion
me and my 2 friends learned how to play as mario doc and luigi in 3 player :p

j3ly

Smash Champion
mario and luigi isnt a very good team from my xp

best team partners are puff shiek and ganon for mario

puff saves mario really well, but you should only be getting KOd from lack of recovery like 10% of the time. either hit the blast lines, or your DI isn't good enough. on FoD mario should survive a shiek pimp slap at 100+% at the edge, with no jump. if she edgehogs and forces you to go on stage and slaps you there (so you go to the other side of the stage), mario is comming back until around 170% when he hits the blastlines. the smoke that comes out of us when tumbling after being slapped should be a clear upwards and sideways trajectory.

anyway, puff saves mario well from the times when he gets hit by a move that doesnt allow much DI. due to how high and how long it takes mario to recover, puff can easily make it up there and save with dair/sideB. its worth saving the cape if u know puff is gnna hit u back onstage.
mario gets grabs off alot of his attack becauses of AC's. this compliments puffs rest. mario edgehog -> puff onstage rest is nice, because mario has 1 invincibility stall with the cape. rollout also works nicely if puff cant make it in time.

shiek is the best teams partner for me. mario can stop edgehogging opponents with dash attack to save shiek, he can also downB off stage to save her. with her dthrow, mario can cover the forwards DI with fsmash (PAL only) and if they dont DI, shiek can slap. if shiek throws someone offstage with bthrow and edgehogging mario can combo it into bair, which is lethal. grab -> mario fsmash is a lethal killer with an easy setup on all characters.
one pice of code i use with a shiek is 'goin up.' when i say that, i expect the shiek to jump and be ready to slap the opponent i just utilted/dtilted/usmashed/uthrow'd. tis effective.

ganon cant save mario atall which is a shame, but he can tank good which is nice in a teams battle. mario recovers from fthrowing an opponent quickly. fthrow -> ganon down B (mario jumps or shields) would be nice. never tried it though.
again with the going up - ganon needs to know quickly, but if he does he can fair/bair the opponent.

mario is a good teams partner because he lives forever off the sides. however due to the length of time it takes for him to recover, there is a fair chance that ur opponent will be brutalized in the meantime. shiek can camp well with fair so its not so bad with her

Animal

Smash Lord
i actually have a hard time edge guarding mario/doc. upb's priority is legit nd idk how to get around pill/fireball spam.

Codi

Smash Ace
anyone else feeling a decent drop for mario in the new tier list?
pff hell no since mango played mario there is definitely a rise in mario players.

and me and you in teams double mario **** just thought i'd add this.

j3ly

Smash Champion
i like ur moving post-bit

i actually have a hard time edge guarding mario/doc. upb's priority is legit nd idk how to get around pill/fireball spam.
fireballs while recovering are pro. upB is unnecessary to recover with so clearly ur mario friends cant has the DI :D

pff hell no since mango played mario there is definitely a rise in mario players.

and me and you in teams double mario **** just thought i'd add this.
get some vids involved dude! i would but my youtube never uploads a single video without failing 1/2 way through. :(

MarioMariox2

Smash Ace
NNID
KunehoKun
3DS FC
0748-3131-6459
True that momentum-cancel + good DI leaves a less need to rely on Up-B, but we cannot dismiss the fact that there will be times that up-B would be needed. Discuss.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
I doubt Mario will drop. his moves are way to good for that. What I think will happen is that the new list will expand mid tier quite a bit with more characters in a tie with each other. I think we will start to see a top/high tier-mid/low-bottom tiers. what i mean is that they will combine those tiers together. too many chars are "tournament viable" imo. and ya link, pika and zelda will go up along with yoshi I believe. I think yoshi and roy may trade places actually.

Top Bottom