• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New stage list puts diddy at a sweet advantage

ADHD

Smash Hero
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=205140

Brinstar is really all we have to worry about now, no japes or rainbow cruise. But then again, it is really up to the TO but that depends on what tourneys you attend. Lylat is slightly nasty, but diddy can be good on that stage too. Castle stage is meh, you just have to be creative. I'm very happy about this and it gives metaknights a very hard time against diddy kong without their gay stages.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Lylat needs to be a neutral =/, no one likes it but still deserves to be one. I actually enjoyed japes and I <3ed RC because it always turns oiut that I know how to play better on it than the person CPing it

DUB

Smash Lord
Uhhh i hate the new stage list. But there's no denying it's good for Diddy. No Norfair ( how in the world is that not legal?) or RC.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Lylat needs to be a neutral =/, no one likes it but still deserves to be one. I actually enjoyed japes and I <3ed RC because it always turns oiut that I know how to play better on it than the person CPing it
Lylat puts Wolf and Falco at a recovery disadvantage, so it's not neutral.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
That isn't really official, its just something Mow cooked up.

The logic behind banning the stages in that ruleset makes very, very little sense.

That said, if that were the ruleset Diddy would be like top 3.

Ballistaboy

Smash Journeyman
Those stages are way too good for Diddy especially with those starters. I am good on all those starters. I wonder if my TO will use these or the old list..

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Not to mention that, if for some reason sudden death occurs, then the player who took more damage in the game (ie whoever Diddy if fighting since he dishes out like 500% each match), loses.

Basically, the ruleset is crap.

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
I can understand the change in stages, though I don't agree with it.

The % rule is just stupid though. It favors lighter characters.

Top Bottom