• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW SSB4 Character Choice Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

Please, just no more EarthBound/Mother people I could do with just one considering they're all the same.
Simon Belmont all the way!!!!

Signed, The Anti-Obama Association (Confederacy)

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Please, just no more EarthBound/Mother people I could do with just one considering they're all the same.
Simon Belmont all the way!!!!

Signed, The Anti-Obama Association (Confederacy)
I think it is ok to have an extra Earthbound rep (not Claus) if and only if FE gets 3 reps (maybe Micaiah) and DK gets 3 reps (K Rool) and Starfox gets 4 reps (Krystal). This is because Earthbound is not a more important franchise than these.

@ OP maybe you can do a poll on very obscure characters of Nintendo that not many know about if you're running out of ideas. Like Takamaru vs Sukapon vs Muddy Mole vs DeMille.

Spire

III
BRoomer
I think it is ok to have an extra Earthbound rep (not Claus) if and only if FE gets 3 reps (maybe Micaiah) and DK gets 3 reps (K Rool) and Starfox gets 4 reps (Krystal). This is because Earthbound is not a more important franchise than these.

@ OP maybe you can do a poll on very obscure characters of Nintendo that not many know about if you're running out of ideas. Like Takamaru vs Sukapon vs Muddy Mole vs DeMille.
I still have plenty of ideas, I just haven't gotten around to making the graphics yet. That's what's been holding back on the updates. I've been busy with many other things, and it's not a priority of mine.

EDIT: Krystal fails.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Krystal, Electevire, Stephen Colbert and Simon Belmont all fail, as far as SSB goes.

However, they're perfectly good crappy sex icons, unecessary pokemon, comedians, and death hunters, respectively. :laugh:

D

Deleted member

Krystal, Electevire, Stephen Colbert and Simon Belmont all fail, as far as SSB goes.

However, they're perfectly good crappy sex icons, unecessary pokemon, comedians, and death hunters, respectively. :laugh:

Whats your problem with Simon Belmont? We don't have a Castlevania rep do we?

SirKibble

Smash Champion
We don't need a Castlevania rep do we?
Fixed.

Anyway, I think it should be obvious why Isaac won the last poll. We already have two Earthbound reps and three Kirby ones. Naturally, people would rather see a new series represented than to add yet another from one that's already represented. In that respect, I'm not sure that poll was entirely fair. It may have been better to include, in place of Isaac, someone whose series is also already represented, like maybe Birdo or even Lyn.

D

Deleted member

Did you people not play the NES/SNES Castlevanias? Or even the GameBoy/DS ones? I think we need a person from a revered series that has no rep rather than someone whose series is already represented *looks at Krystal*

majora_787

Smash Hero
Fixed.

Anyway, I think it should be obvious why Isaac won the last poll. We already have two Earthbound reps and three Kirby ones. Naturally, people would rather see a new series represented than to add yet another from one that's already represented. In that respect, I'm not sure that poll was entirely fair. It may have been better to include, in place of Isaac, someone whose series is also already represented, like maybe Birdo or even Lyn.
qfet. <_< We really don't need a castlevania rep, and there aren't that many good options for a kirby/earthbound rep anymore.

Swordsrule

Smash Rookie

If this does happen, Takamaru all the way! Need a samurai rep and he was on the "could be in Brawl" list that IGN had before it came out....but besides that, yeah looking foward to the next poll. These have been pretty awesome so far! :chuckle:

lumberheartwood

Smash Journeyman
I think we should consider the smallest Nintendo franchises and what's left of the classic Nintendo characters. I think for retro we should include Takamaru or Mike from Star Tropics. If we were to talk about small Nintendo games, which includes Golden Sun and ASH: Archaic Sealed Heat and Soma Bringer, then I think the best candidates would be Isaac and Aisya from ASH. They would bring out the best of what Nintendo has to offer for the hardcore of its fans and represent the smaller titles they have in their archives. Plus with these two, we would not only add more diversity to the roster but also add more saying in how characters from Nintendo games, no matter how large or small, can become part of the cast that is Nintendo's epitome of their history.

O, also, I vote for Krystal. Sorry for you Leon fans. And I love Midna and Kamek and/or Birdo. :p

SirKibble

Smash Champion
qfet. <_< We really don't need a castlevania rep, and there aren't that many good options for a kirby/earthbound rep anymore.
I wasn't necessarily saying that. I'm not against another Kirby or Earthbound rep. As an over-the-top Kirby fan, I'm very much for another Kirby rep, and I wouldn't mind seeing another Earthbound one, either. All I'm saying is, Isaac won the poll because Golden Sun isn't already represented. Putting Isaac up against already-represented series really gave him a serious edge in that poll.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Not always. If we did a poll that was....

Ridley vs Leon vs Simon Belmont
XD

Ridley or leon would win, despite being from represented series.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Yes, true, but when it's someone like Isaac, and then two people that those who aren't a little extra into Earthbound/Kirby won't even recognize, it's a different story.

Ridley would probably win almost any poll he was in, anyway. Stupid purple dragon...

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I looked up Ridley on the internet. Apparently, there is a couple of questions he raises:

1: how does he constantly die yet come back to face Samus again, especially after Omega Ridley's death?
2: how does he revert back to his normal form in super Metroid after being turned into a cyborg in Prime and Mutated in Prime 3?
3: What the **** is he?!

Questions Nintendo needs to answer, unless even they don't know...

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Super Metroid is after the Primes in the Metroid timeline??

I'm so not a Metroid person, I feel dumb asking this question...

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Super Metroid is after the Primes in the Metroid timeline??
Yes.

Metroid timeline and Ridley forms:

Metroid/Metroid Zero Mission: Normal Ridley (Zero Mission had a mecha Ridley)

Metroid Prime: Meta Ridley

Metroid Prime Hunters: Ridley is absent

MP2: Ridley is absent

MP3: Meta Ridley and Omega Ridley

Metroid II: Ridley is absent

Super Metroid: Normal Ridley

Metroid Fusion: Ridley X

Any more Questions?

majora_787

Smash Hero
Yes.

Metroid timeline and Ridley forms:

Metroid/Metroid Zero Mission: Normal Ridley (Zero Mission had a mecha Ridley)

Metroid Prime: Meta Ridley

Metroid Prime Hunters: Ridley is absent

MP2: Ridley is absent

MP3: Meta Ridley and Omega Ridley

Metroid II: Ridley is absent

Super Metroid: Normal Ridley

Metroid Fusion: Ridley X

Any more Questions?
I can answer this. He was defeated, then infused with mechanics. He was absent after that defeat, then he came back infused with phazon. He was defeated, and was absent again. Then a clone of Ridley was made to fight Samus in Super Metroid, and another clone that had been made was infused with the X virus to make Ridley X. The last two Ridleys weren't the real ridley, but simply clones made by the space pirates to make him seem immortal.

Also, he's obviously a space dragon. Not sure what the species name is.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
The clone theory was the one more supported in the Metroid Wiki. How do you explain the fact that Meta Ridley's injury in MP1 wasn't around in the fight against Meta Ridley in MP3?

Charizard92

Smash Champion
To be fair, I don't really know what species Krystal (or Falco, since no falcon is blue) is. It is one of the many mysteries Nintendo has either not explained in detail or made very confusing. Metroid is full of these, like how come Ridley constantly dies and comes back to fight Samus again.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
People view Krystal as a sex symbol? That's pretty sickening. I mean, a fox?

I shiver.
Only some Krystal fans love her in a sexual way. Those people are called furries. However, just because some people like her in that way doesn't mean ALL people who like Krystal as a character in SSB4 do so in that way.

I once asked my cousin who likes Smash too "Why do people think Krystal's hot when she is a fox?" Little did I know that I unintentially did a pun right there.

I am surprised not many people looked to Micaiah or some other ummm... more human female for desire. Rather, they chose an animal instead.

majora_787

Smash Hero
The clone theory was the one more supported in the Metroid Wiki. How do you explain the fact that Meta Ridley's injury in MP1 wasn't around in the fight against Meta Ridley in MP3?
First it was prosthetics, then it was phazon mutation, then he died. The ridley that was Meta and Omega was the true ridley, but the ones after were simply clones. Because of their technology, cloning could certainly be possible, and of course the space pirates would use it on their leader.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
First it was prosthetics, then it was phazon mutation, then he died. The ridley that was Meta and Omega was the true ridley, but the ones after were simply clones. Because of their technology, cloning could certainly be possible, and of course the space pirates would use it on their leader.
True, after all, the only apparent advantage any human has over more advanced species (like Chozo) is an awkward resistance to phazon sickness (when they go insane) in comparison to other species (the lack of phazon sick PED troopers [human] and Samus Aran if you don't screw up doesn't go corrupt under more of a dosage than her hunter friends is proof of this) so humans rely on tech. So if humans have the tech so do Space Pirates.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Of course they would have it to, and even if they didn't they would steal it. Twenty dollars says they would use it to clone metroids. XD

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Although the space pirates didn't, the Galactic Federation did. Since Fusion was the last game chronologically in the series, we do not know what the Federation thinks of Samus after disobeying them, despite the danger the X parasites posed.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
I am surprised not many people looked to Micaiah or some other ummm... more human female for desire. Rather, they chose an animal instead.
I find that quite strange as well. What's with the animal attraction? It's not like there aren't enough humans to go around... Peach FTW. ;)

biohazard930

Smash Apprentice
Only some Krystal fans love her in a sexual way. Those people are called furries. However, just because some people like her in that way doesn't mean ALL people who like Krystal as a character in SSB4 do so in that way.

I once asked my cousin who likes Smash too "Why do people think Krystal's hot when she is a fox?" Little did I know that I unintentially did a pun right there.

Well, obviously not everyone views her that way...
Thanks for patronizing, though. -_-

However, nice pun.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Agreed. I'm sick of the trail offs.
We have nothing else to do until Spire gets the new poll done. Please try not to get into the spamming of "need new poll," I don't want to rush people when they're busy with other things.

EDIT: Sorry, un-intended double post.

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
We have nothing else to do until Spire gets the new poll done. Please try not to get into the spamming of "need new poll," I don't want to rush people when they're busy with other things.
i kno what your saying, its just hard because the first like 8 polls were bing bang boom and now we're on a drought

majora_787

Smash Hero
Spire has other things he's working on, I'm sure he'll get them done soon and we'll have a new poll before you know it. ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom