• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEW SSB4 Character Choice Battles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Charizard92

Smash Champion
I found out on my own. Not only was Marx a jerk, I found similarity between Marx's attacks and Tabuu's and Rayquaza's. Even worse an Idea than Ridley, especially since Ridley is cooler (and doesn't really fit the description of jerk well, monstorus and Bloodthirsty, yes, but not jerk).

majora_787

Smash Hero
He was a jerk until samus became a bounty hunter.

Okay I dunno when spire will change the poll. I guess he'll get to it when the SFM+B sprite thread unclogs.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Not only was Marx a jerk, I found similarity between Marx's attacks and Tabuu's and Rayquaza's.
This isn't really surprising to me. Master Hand was already taken from a boss in Kirby Super Star, why not Tabuu, too...

Originality FTW.

But I really think if we do a Kirby poll, Knuckle Joe is a definite. And Adeleine just has potential for a cool moveset, what with her paintbrush and all. Another slot is kind of up in the air...

Ilex

Smash Ace
But I really think if we do a Kirby poll, Knuckle Joe is a definite. And Adeleine just has potential for a cool moveset, what with her paintbrush and all. Another slot is kind of up in the air...
Gooey :D

He could have a really great moveset with his physical flexibility and many abilities to choose from. He's also Kirby's ally, which there is a lack of.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Gooey :D

He could have a really great moveset with his physical flexibility and many abilities to choose from. He's also Kirby's ally, which there is a lack of.
Meta Knight. <_< Also Dedede in a few rare instances

Charizard92

Smash Champion
Meta Knight. <_< Also Dedede in a few rare instances
Both fit the ally part actually.

Meta Knight: While Kirby faces Meta often, only on one occasion (Kirby Superstar subgame Meta Knight's Revenge) was Meta Knight the true antagonist.

Dedede: When Dedede looked like a bad guy in the SSE and it turns out he was trying to do good, that was very true to his games. While Dedede is a selfish person (or Penguin, or whatever you think he is), he is not truly evil, and has done seemingly bad things, only to try to keep the true antagonist from getting their hands on an important object (Kirby's adventure is a good example here. Dedede was trying to keep the star rod out of the antagonist's hands, but Kirby did not know this and got back the star rod and accidentally helped the true antagonist).

majora_787

Smash Hero
Okay okay cool it guys. -_- I'll ask spire about it, but just don't start spamming that you want a new poll.

Spire

III
BRoomer
Spire will probably update just because of the OoT loop.
Hahaha! Yeah, that cheered me up. If ever you want to complain about me, put that [MM] loop in a post. I've had that saved on my computer for quite some time now. Majora_787 messaged me about the poll, and I'll get to updating it soon. I had pre-created most of the graphics that you've seen so far, and it was draining doing so. Not too much work was put into them, but after doing the same things over, and over, and over, it got to the point of redundance, and frankly, it annoyed me. On top of that, there was a lot in life that restricted me from working too much, and I had to get caught up in the sprite shop. Sorry about the hiatus. I'll have a new poll up today, I promise.

Spire

III
BRoomer
The new battle is up!

Claus vs. Knuckle Joe vs. Isaac. Get to voting!

majora_787

Smash Hero
I suppose we should give earthbound another rep. Claus seems like a Meta Knight of earthbound, which is good I guess, but that's coming from a guy who doesn't know anything about the series.

Claus - 1
Knuckle Joe - 0
Isaac - 0

Ilex

Smash Ace
Aww, I wanted more Kirby characters :( What would Sakurai think? Lol.

I'll go with Knuckle Joe simply because he's the only Kirby character there. On top of that, Mother has more than enough rep and I haven't played any Golden Sun games.

majora_787

Smash Hero
Claus - 1
Knuckle Joe - 2
Isaac -12

Knuckle Joe is a guy who punches stuff. Claus is a guy with a sword who can turn his arm into a gun. Isaac is a guy who can use elemental attacks.

In short? They're guys who do stuffs.

EDIT: I did reading on Isaac and Claus. I'd rather see Isaac.

shadowyoshi2345

Smash Journeyman
at last a new poll!

i'm going to have to go with isaac

i do belive they could all have unique movesets and i wouldnt mind seeing claus either, but since i can only choose one, its isaac

isaac FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!

DARKALONDITE

Smash Apprentice
Claus. We don't need anymore Kirby characters, (the most major ones are already playables) and I don't have any particular feelings toward or against Issac. Also, here's to hoping we have no more Mother 2 characters.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Won't vote until somebody tells me who these people are!
Isaac is the main character in Golden Sun. He uses a sword and earth-based Psynergy (basically magic). [He is an Assist Trophy].

Knuckle Joe is an enemy in various Kirby games, and a martial artist who Kirby can swallow to become Fighter Kirby. [He is also an Assist Trophy].

Claus... I don't know a lot about him. I believe he's Lucas's brother, uses a sword... Yeah, I don't really know much about this guy...

My vote, as a Kirby fanatic, is for Knuckle Joe. Although I think all of these are good ones.

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Claus... I don't know a lot about him. I believe he's Lucas's brother, uses a sword... Yeah, I don't really know much about this guy...
I'll explain.
Basically, Claus is Lucas' older brother, who was the exact opposite of Lucas, as he was brave and outgoing. However, this ended up being his downfall, since
when his mother, Hinawa, dies at the hands of Mecha-Drago, he goes out to avenge her death. However, Mecha Drago kills Claus as well. Claus is later resurrected as a cyborg by Porky, and is brainwashed to serve as a simple puppet for Porky, since he was the only one besides Lucas to be able to pull out the 7 needles. In his cyborg form, he is able to use pig bombs, a PK thunder-like attack, except much stronger, PK love, and a laser-like attack.
However, he later regains his his memories during the final battle, and he kills himself by striking Lucas' franklin badge with his lightning bolt, which makes it reflect off, and killing him.
[/Mothertard]

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Issac. Sorry, but the greatness of MOTHER 3 already has Lucas. Golden Sun has gone even further under the radar then MOTHER!...if that's even possible. Issac deserves it the most, is the most important character to his franchise, and his franchise is amazing!

So...my vote is Issac! :D

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wow. Should I vote for Claus or Isaac? :(

I'll vote for Isaac, since he seems to be the only one with a good chance, or chance at all.

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
Isaac deserves it.

Claus doesn't deserve to be a playable character in SSB4.

Isaac deserves it because his moveset can have many different types of magic incorporated into both his A and B moves that no one else has. What does Claus have? Just a lightsabre (to appeal to the Darth Vader fanboys). Basically Claus is just Lucas with a beam sword and a stupid helmet. I could think of other more worthy MOTHER characters more deserving than Claus for numerous reasons but that isn't the point of this thread. One of them is a good MOTHER 2 character, but that's another discussion altogether.

Kasai

Smash Journeyman
Isaac simply because he would have the possibility to have a complete, non clone moveset. From reading what tirkaro wrote, it seems like Claus is simply another Lucas/Ness...

majora_787

Smash Hero
Isaac simply because he would have the possibility to have a complete, non clone moveset. From reading what tirkaro wrote, it seems like Claus is simply another Lucas/Ness...
Only one attack he listed is used by ness OR lucas. Also, claus would have the float ability.

Claus - 1
Knuckle Joe - 2
Isaac -12

We have a winner. XD

Spire

III
BRoomer
Only one attack he listed is used by ness OR lucas. Also, claus would have the float ability.

Claus - 1
Knuckle Joe - 2
Isaac -12

We have a winner. XD
I dunno, it's PRETTY CLOSE! I'll get the new poll up soon.

Isaac wins!

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Poor Joe. Where is the love? Where is the love?

Not like anybody didn't know Isaac was gonna dominate this one...

majora_787

Smash Hero
Isaac wouldn't have dominated if he dodn't have elemental powers. If he didn't, claus would have won probably.

SirKibble

Smash Champion
Yeah, but he wouldn't be Isaac if he didn't have those powers. Fact is, he has them, which does make him a good choice of character.

majora_787

Smash Hero
If he didn't have elemental powers, he'd be....

...NO. Go away, Ike.

XD Sorry, I had to. I'm so sorry. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom