• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I don't know why we're surprised by the possible roster size, haven't we all been speculating 45-55 (including transformations) for the past few months anyway? The majority of roster bets at least shows that.

but I say that Samurai Goroh's best chance is Takamaru getting in. Either way, F-Zero's second character is going to be a clone or luigi-fied clone of another character on the roster.
Never knew that Goroh could summon lightning, turn invisible, and throw projectiles of any sort. :troll:

D

Deleted member

Where did you get this stuff from? Just curious...
If you can please tell me one (or more) game(s) where he appears as a major character and presents his personality and character in a good way, then I'll maybe change my mind... maybe...
You really can't see it? Who else has an overall nasty attitude without any redeeming qualities? First instinct is to say Wario, right? WRONG. Wario's personality is more based on greed, crude humor, and how great he is. Waluigi's personality is based off of hatred, spite, and a desire to show how everyone is a loser, which delves into his cheating ways.
And unlike Waluigi, Wario has redeeming qualities; he is willing to do the right thing, as long as it benefits him in some way. I don't think "doing the right thing" is in Waluigi's mind at all.
Long story short: Wario = Egotistcal *******, Waluigi = Insane Sociopath.
And you want games? Mario Party 3 and DDR Mario Mix. Both games are where he's the main villain.
As for games where he isn't a "major" character, persay, look no further than Mario Strikers Charged. That REALLY fleshed out his personality.

Yeah there probably are, but doesn't mean that my thoughts about Waluigi in SSB will change

Makes no difference to me whether you want him in Smash or not.

Oh no you didn't...
What a horrible response! Didn't you think of something better than this? How can I possibly take you seriously now when I see those rotten words?

Take a good look at my avatar and say that sentence of yours again. I can already tell you that I'm not ONLY playing with Nintendo consoles, which means that I'm obviously not a fanboy and which also means that I have obviously played more games than just a few. I have many opinions about video games and characters and if you don't like what I have to say, don't be ridiculous when responding or just ignore my post (but that's probably impossible).

Cry more, dude. I don't care about your life story.
I'm only saying, if you find Waluigi to be the worst character in existance just because of why and how he was brought into the series, and are seriously complaining about someone in a frigging MARIO SPIN-OFF when you can focus your attention on crap characters from games with actual deep plot and character development, there's an issue. I mean, it's not like Waluigi is messing with the series in a negative way, it's not like he's annoying you directly at every chance he can get (like Jar Jar, Navi, etc.), it's not like he's a bland uninspired character in an environment of deep, developed characters, and so on and so forth. (Don't try to tell me that the Mario characters are developed and deep. -_-)

This thread is seriously "dangerous", negative posts everywhere and people get easily mad, probably because of hype...

Hypocrate, much? :troll:
I am laughing my *** off at this whole thing. :laugh:

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Never knew that Goroh could summon lightning, turn invisible, and throw projectiles of any sort. :troll:
Captain Falcon couldn't use fiery punches and static knee jabs before Super Smash Bros., so I'm pretty sure Goroh can have an original moveset of sorts. Maybe moves more focused of electricity to compare/contrast Captain Falcon's focus on fire.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I honestly don't understand why people actually like Waluigi? He's probably the worst Mario character and maybe even one of the worst video game characters that has ever created...

The only reason why Waluigi was created was only for the purpose of giving Wario a partner in Mario Tennis (that's probably why he uses his tennis racket in Brawl) and to create another stupid rival for Luigi, that's it...
Wario is generally a way better video game character (and even more memorable) than what Waluigi is.

I'm very happy with Mario, Luigi and Wario (though Wario should be more like in Project M)
No

Baby Daisy= worst Mario character

Fact

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
@SmashChu: Sakurai did state in a February, 2008 article (along where he said that only Mii and Animal Crossing were "worthy" series of consideration) on Famitisu in which if there were to be a Smash 4, there wouldn't be many newcomers. That was four years ago, so whenever or not he holds the same philosophy remains the same, but I do think Smash 4 will have less newcomers than Brawl since the pool for Smash 4 candidates is running dry.
Chrono mentioned that it's only been shared to the Japanese fans.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
so whenever or not he holds the same philosophy remains the same...
Do you mean... "whether or not he holds the same philosophy remains to be seen"? Sorry, I just saw you say that phrase twice and I'm not sure what you mean.

Anyway, I do think Sakurai will probably surprise us and add a bunch of characters. I think once he gets making the game and realizes all the possibilities, he wont be able to help himself. At least I hope so...

:phone:

D

Deleted member

Do you mean... "whether or not he holds the same philosophy remains to be seen"? Sorry, I just saw you say that phrase twice and I'm not sure what you mean.
That's what I mean.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Captain Falcon couldn't use fiery punches and electric knee jabs before Super Smash Bros., so I'm pretty sure Goroh can have an original moveset of sorts. Maybe moves more focused of electricity to compare/contrast Captain Falcon's focus on fire.
I was trying to get at that Takamaru uses indirect attacks and projectiles more than his sword, but I had a similar idea for Goroh.

Fire Stingray. As in fire and electricity, the moveset writes itself.

Heck I'd bet that Goroh would be closer to Roy than Takamaru.
:troll:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings

Anyway, I do think Sakurai will probably surprise us and add a bunch of characters. I think once he gets making the game and realizes all the possibilities, he wont be able to help himself. At least I hope so...

I figured there would be a lot of characters. So far, every Smash Brothers game has added more newcomers. 64 had 12, Melee had 13, Brawl has 15 (16 if you count Toon Link). Let's not forget that Pokemon Trainer was really 3 characters in one so we have 18 (or 17). It would not be surprising to get 13 characters or more. I'm expecting 14. And yeah, Sakurai tends to go overboard.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I was trying to get at that Takamaru uses indirect attacks and projectiles more than his sword, but I had a similar idea for Goroh.

Fire Stingray. As in fire and electricity, the moveset writes itself.

Heck I'd bet that Goroh would be closer to Roy than Takamaru.
:troll:
RYUENJIN!!!
SENTSUIZAN!
RAIJINGEKI!
C'mon. FIRE STINGRAY!

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
RYUENJIN!!!
SENTSUIZAN!
RAIJINGEKI!
C'mon. FIRE STINGRAY!
I want to say Zero? Though thinking about it now, yes that would fit him well. lol

Though his Final Smash would more or less be similar to Falcon's, but isn't that the same for all possible F-Zero newcomers?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Goroh can also do backflips

For a FS idea, I thought it would be cool if Goroh summoned his gang of space bandits to raid the battlefield. I know Oasis had a similar idea with Ridley and his Space Pirates Raid FS, but it could be done in a more comical fashion where they shout out their motto (Steal, but never kill) amongst other things, and maybe instead of just trying to kill the opponents like how the Space Pirates would do, they would steal whatever items on the stage and attack only when someone attacks them (when they attack, they just rack up damage instead of actually trying to KO)

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
I figured there would be a lot of characters. So far, every Smash Brothers game has added more newcomers. 64 had 12, Melee had 13, Brawl has 15 (16 if you count Toon Link). Let's not forget that Pokemon Trainer was really 3 characters in one so we have 18 (or 17). It would not be surprising to get 13 characters or more. I'm expecting 14. And yeah, Sakurai tends to go overboard.
Mewtwo
Ridley
King K. Rool
Krystal
Zoroark
Saki Amamiya
Shulk
Takamaru
Toad
Roy
Little Mac
Dixie Kong
Palutena
Mii

That's fourteen right there w/o guests.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I honestly don't understand why people actually like Waluigi? He's probably the worst Mario character and maybe even one of the worst video game characters that has ever created...

The only reason why Waluigi was created was only for the purpose of giving Wario a partner in Mario Tennis (that's probably why he uses his tennis racket in Brawl) and to create another stupid rival for Luigi, that's it...
Wario is generally a way better video game character (and even more memorable) than what Waluigi is.

I'm very happy with Mario, Luigi and Wario (though Wario should be more like in Project M)
Waluigi isn't exactly the worst character ever made, especially since his name literally means "Evil Luigi".

If you want the worst Mario character, Baby Daisy pretty much fits the bill.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
I am laughing my *** off at this whole thing. :laugh:
Oh really? I'm glad that you find this funny, because I have a feeling that you take this seriously... actually even more seriously than I do...

You thought that was my lifestory? You must have a special definition for that word...

Well, you brought me a smile now, so thanks I guess

D

Deleted member

Oh really? I'm glad that you find this funny, because I have a feeling that you take this seriously... actually even more seriously than I do...

You thought that was my lifestory? You must have a special definition for that word...

Well, you brought me a smile now, so thanks I guess
You take things too literally.
Though my points towards Waluigi are serious. Anything off-color, such as the "lifestory" thing, however, is an expression and isn't literal.

D

Deleted member

Sadly, no. Pico doesn't really have anything going for him. Other than being a BAMF, but that only takes you so far.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
Waluigi isn't exactly the worst character ever made, especially since his name literally means "Evil Luigi".

If you want the worst Mario character, Baby Daisy pretty much fits the bill.
one of the worst = THE worst ???
I like how people read carefully...

@Mario_and_Sonic_Guy
OK, your post changed my mind about Waluigi

D

Deleted member

Why are you saying @Mario_and_Sonic_Guy....if you're already quoting him....?

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
What? Warheart, I posted the same damn thing before him :laugh:

Anyway, disfunk, I posted that video :shades:

At this point, Pico has about as much chance (maybe a little higher) as Jody Summer at making it in, much as I love him. I doubt he would ever make it into Smash even if F-Zero actually had a game or two in the last 8 years

The most viable F-Zero candidate is Goroh. Black Shadow comes close, but ultimately I don't think he has as much going for him as Goroh does. Putting in Black Shadow over Goroh would be like putting in Medusa over Palutena

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I had an idea a few pages back but I posted it as the last on page so it was ignored (and I suspect someone has done it before).

What if the customization is on which Final Smash a character has? Like in Super Street Fighter 4 where you have a choice of Ultra Combo but only one can be used?

I'll do 3 each for the Big Four as a sample

Mario
Mario Finale: Same
Rainbow Star: Mario starts auto dashing and is given more double jumps, hurts and knocks back opponents when run into.
Blue Shell: Mario takes out a blue shell and throws it at the opponent. Homes in. Can't be avoided, only a last minute dodge can save you. Rage quiting ensues

Link
Triforce Slash: same
[INSERT SOME SKYWARD SWORD BASED ONE HERE]: I need to finish that game
Oni Mask: Becomes Oni Link and in adition to a power increase, all sword based attacks gain sword beams

Kirby
Cook Kirby: Same
Mike Kirby: After activation pressing B activates a distructive shout. Can be used 3 times.
Mega Sword Kirby: Kirby swings around various large sharp objects in front of him.

Pikachu
Volt Tackle: Same
Surf: Pikachu Mounts a surf board and rides a wave across 3/4 of the screen. Wave does lots of damage, hitting Pikachu him/herself does better knockback.
Family Ties: Pikachu summons Pichu, briefly making them an Ice Climber esque duo. Pichu has a sperate health bar that depletes over time and he disapears when out of health. Attacking Pichu reduces the time he's on screen.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Too bad =\ I feel like Pico could be a very cool character.

Prince Zuko had the best ponytail until he cut it off.

Sails

Smash Ace
Every non-computer online game has lag. Heck, even Smash 64 in non-LAN matches lags about 3 frames on average.

The difference between Brawl and say SUPER Street Fighter IV online (on the PS3) is Brawl's online went at speeds as slow as 1 frame per second and as fast as 55 frames per second (from what I can tell). SUPER Street Fighter IV went at speeds as slow as 50 frames per second and as fast as 60 frames per second (again, from what I can tell).
Okay? Street Fighter sends over extremely little data. Brawl has to send a ton to keep things in sync. Analog control changes at all times, random number generation, and handshakes to keep everything synced. Compare this to Street Fighter which has 8 directions, no RNG, and only needs to send out move data on what frame instead of all inputs. Unless SSF4 uses GGPO which I believe it doesn't, it should (And I've seen streams of open lobbies aplenty that do) lag when network conditions are bad.

They could have opted for a UDP styled system where Brawl experiences rollbacks for resync but that would make gameplay in good conditions worse.

And the non-computer game lag thing? Completely wrong. Old and new games alike have the same amount of lag, but tend to prefer using guess techniques for popular genres such as shooters to keep them "looking" synced. This is what causes things like interp (Bullets hitting you behind walls) in shooters (Hello Counter Strike fans).

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
But yeah, keeping things simple like that. It kind of reminds me of how the more powerups you have in Uprising for your weapons, the more of a glass cannon you become. Though, I think there'd be more than 6 enhancements, like the amount of stickers in Brawl or the effects you could get in Heroes & Heralds.
How many enhancements are we talking about? What I had in mind is that it would be universal so there wouldn't be anything like electrical attack enhancements because that just makes things more complicated and potentially very, very off balance as only certain characters would benefit from that. I feel the number of enhancements should reflect the basic aspects of every fight: damage dealing (no change in knockback), jump duration, ground and air horizontal speed, weight, damage received, and as a bonus, hypothetical meter gaining (I still don't understand the opposition to this).

I wish I responded to this earlier, but I was at work at the time. Anyway, with six enhancements and three slots, we're looking at around 60 different combinations. You could probably make basic buff and nerf combinations for the sets. For example, a ATK-ATK-WHT setup for Jigglypuff would increase her attack by 30% and her weight by 10 points. In return, her movement speed is 75% of her normal speed. Likewise, a SPD-SPD-DMG set for Bowser would increase his speed by 30% and he has a constant 5% damage reduction, but his power is 75%. A ATK-SPD-DMG set for Mario increases his speed and strength by 10% of his base stats. The DMG enhancement reduces his damage received by 5% (So 18% > 13%) with no changes in knockback.

I like brawl being unique in it's own way.

Please don't bring Streetfighter mechanics into it.
Except this is more in line with Final Fantasy, not Street Fighter. I mention the gem system real briefly, and that was just to explain how it reminded me of the PS. I suggest not jumping to conclusions.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
Golden vs war was funny at first but now it's kinda boring.
LOL, I usually don't like these kind of discussions, especially since we're arguing about extremely stupid stuff.

@Golden
I usually take stuff literally, because it's internet (I hope that makes sense)...

I also hate sarcasm over internet since for me it's very hard to tell if someone is being serious or not...

@Metal Overlord
You did? Sorry about that :p
I could give you a cookie and a beer if it makes you feel better?

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
You know, ever since berserker01 inputted the veteran/newcomer ratio, I decided to look back on the roster image that I posted yesterday.

In an attempt to make a more sensible roster, I did go back to my last roster image and scrap the 3rd parties, along with a couple filler characters. The roster below has a total of 54 characters when transformations are not applied.

Note: Skull Kid and Chibi-Robo were the removed fillers.

Let's see what the ratios would be like if this roster is utilized.

Note: Transformations are applied.

Brawl Veterans: 33/57 (approx. 58%)
Newcomers: 24/57 (approx. 42%)

Newcomers from veteran franchises: 18/24 (75%)
Newcomers from new franchises: 6/24 (25%)

Overall Ratio: 58 : 42
Newcomer Ratio: 75 : 25

The overall ratio is almost fully balanced, but the newcomer ratio treats the veteran franchises better than the new franchises. This does exclude the 3rd party characters though.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
No response to my previous post about music? :'(

and a question:
Is there any difference between Dixie and Tiny Kong when it comes to moveset? Just curious...

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
No response to my previous post about music? :'(

and a question:
Is there any difference between Dixie and Tiny Kong when it comes to moveset? Just curious...
Tiny Kong is a gorrila like Donkey while Dixie is a chimp (i.e. same size as Diddy but no tail)

D

Deleted member

Actually, the worst Mario characters are Dry Bowser and Metal Mario.
Granted, not when it's Mario and Bowser as them, but when they were magically made into sepereate entities.

FlareHabanero

Banned via Warnings
Is there any difference between Dixie and Tiny Kong when it comes to moveset?
Technically neither have a "moveset" figuratively speaking in a Super Smash Bros. context, but they are very similar in the Donkey Kong games. Notably both can use their pony tails as a weapon and can float in the air by twirling their hair. However, Tiny Kong is much more expansive then Dixie Kong due to her appearance in Donkey Kong 64, with the additional abilities of being able to fire feathers from a crossbow, teleportation, playing a saxophone, and shrinking in size.

Considering that Dixie Kong and Tiny Kong are related as sisters, it shouldn't be surprising that they share some characteristics.

Warheart_666

Smash Apprentice
NNID
xX_Pinkie_Pie_Xx
BTW, should SSB4 include Miis or should there be a completely different character customization? I mean, if the game is gonna have the resolution 1080p, I would love to see more detailed characters...

Should the customization be a little more like this (not exactly the same, just borrow some ideas)? Skip to 1:36
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0w0On3APv9A

don't get me wrong, Miis are good, but could this be a good idea?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I wonder if they'll release offical Smash Bros figures that unlock exclusive trophies when you put them on the controller. Causse as Activision'y as that is it would still be awsome!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom