• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Also the fact that Mewtwo is very popular surprises me. Among me and my mates he is the laughing stock.
So different opinions clashing i guess.
Mewtwo ranked #2 at IGN on their poll of the Top 100 Pokémon of All-Time. This poll garnered at least a million votes cast, and at the end of the day the only Pokémon that beat Mewtwo was Charizard. That's it. This does not even include his popularity in the Super Smash Bros space, which at times is seperate from the Pokémon base. He is one of, if not the, most requested Nintendo character for the next Smash Bros. The only characters close to him are Ridley and King K. Rool.

And you should be more worried about Krom replacing Ike than Zoroark replacing Lucario.
I was going to mention this, but Golden beat me to it. Good news for Lucario fans though.

D

Deleted member

So you like Ike eh?
Meet Krom.

Hope you like Ike for his playstyle rather than Ike himself, as Krom stands as a pretty big threat to Ike's return. Not only because he's the latest Lord, but because he actually uses a few of Ike's techniques like Aether and Quick Draw.
Since you view characters like Mewtwo, Roy, and Lucario as generation fodder, be very afraid for Ike.

JPW

Smash Ace
Mewtwo ranked #2 at IGN on their poll of the Top 100 Pokémon of All-Time. This poll garnered at least a million votes cast, and at the end of the day the only Pokémon that beat Mewtwo was Charizard. That's it. This does not even include his popularity in the Super Smash Bros space, which at times is seperate from the Pokémon base. He is one of, if not the, most requested Nintendo character for the next Smash Bros. The only characters close to him are Ridley and King K. Rool.
where is the poll you speak of i need to have my vote. They must know of Isaac.

D

Deleted member

>Is told of a past poll regarding Top 100 Pokemon.
>Says that he needs to vote and will vote for Isaac of Golden Sun.

DAFUK?!

Also, Mewtwo ranked 10th on Japan's pre-Unova Pokemon poll.
There hasn't been a poll yet that includes the Unova Pokemon as well as the rest yet.

JPW

Smash Ace
i am afraid for Ike, i'm very afraid. I've seen the comparisons. I just really want to see Rambo Ike in SSB4.

You should be afraid for Roy though. There's always a chance of Lyn stepping in. She was an assist for Brawl, and she would help the female part of the roster.

D

Deleted member

Doesn't mean ****.
Roy was going to be PLAYABLE.

Also, being female is not worth anything in terms of chances.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Umm, like I said the poll was for Pokémon, and it is finished. If you still wish to look at it for your own amusement here is the link below.
http://www.ign.com/top/pokemon

It says 14 million votes cast, but if you average out that at least one of every vote was cast ten times you still get around one million.

D

Deleted member

so it's okay for you guys to support Mewtwo to the end of days. But it's not okay for me to support Isaac?
Never said you couldn't support him.
But don't act as though he's more likely just because you like him more than Mewtwo.

~automatic

Smash Legend
NNID
automaticdude
Umm, like I said the poll was for Pokémon, and it is finished. If you still wish to look at it for your own amusement here is the link below.

It says 14 million votes cast, but if you average out that at least one of every vote was cast ten times you still get around one million.
Oh OK. I remember those, lolz.

I though y'all were still talking about Sakurai's polls or something. :laugh:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'm probably just being stubborn, but I don't think there is much of a threat to Ike. I mean, since when has Sakurai actually replaced anyone?

Krom has Marth's sword, Ike's special attacks, and Roy's skill with weapons/class. I believe that if Krom gets in it'll be on his own merits as a character, and if Ike is cut it'll be due to time.

@Pokemon Poll: You had unlimited votes in that poll. Votes were cast by comparing 2 Pokemon at random in a repeating cycle. So it's not accurate in that sense, that's not to say it's wrong (Charizard being first shouldn't be a surprise).

JPW

Smash Ace
I reckon Isaac has a big chance though. Much greater than others. Even if Golden Sun is just a cult franchise. GS still has its place to the Smash bros franchise. We saw: Isaac as an assist, a sticker, we got some GS music, and i'm just trying to remember if we got a trophy or not.

Also his inclusion could always help to boost sales. Much like Marth and Roy helped FE sales for a while.

UPDATE:
Yep there was a trophy.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Pokemon Poll: You had unlimited votes in that poll. Votes were cast by comparing 2 Pokemon at random in a repeating cycle. So it's not accurate in that sense, that's not to say it's wrong (Charizard being first shouldn't be a surprise).
Hence why I used math to take that factor into consideration.

@Isaac: Better pray Shulk is not playable then.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Hence why I used math to take that factor into consideration.
Well just for the record, at least 100 of those votes were mine. :p

Although I didn't go with who I liked, I voted for who would win in a battle. lol

JPW

Smash Ace
I am 100% on Shulk being Included. Hopefully the Monado will let us see what our opponent does before we see it. That'll be the ultimate cheat.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Why can't both Isaac and Shulk fit in? Too much sword-users again, perhaps?
Blond sword user from a cult Nintendo RPG. Sure, I could just leave it at that. Plus, Xenoblade is a console game (heck, might be a series come E3). If some of you are not sure why that makes a difference you can look back at some of my previous posts.

I hate to say it, but it's possible that if Shulk is in that also means Saki Amamiya will not be. Won't stop me from having both on my dream roster though!

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014

Charizard is the top??? *throw my pencil in the ground*

JPW

Smash Ace
Hmh. Seems indeed like Golden Sun's pretty overrated? I personally wish for Golden Sun to get some recognition tho.
same. If anything i feel the GS doesn't get enough recognition. In my view i feel they made some of the best RPG games ever and really showed what a handheld RPG can be if you just give it a go.

Oh and the Music is awesome.
Venus Lighthouse Theme is EPIC!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
also Isaac doesn't just use a sword. You can actually give him an Axe if you want. But he has magic effects. and Djinn.
Yeah... Don't think that is going to make a difference. Ganondorf has magic and can use swords and a trident, just because he can does not mean he will. Remember, 2/3rds of character's attacks are created for Super Smash Bros.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I find GS very traditional in a way (seems to like what ya get from lovechild of Dungeon clearing in Zelda and RPQ Elements from Final Fantasy-series) but I agree that it was pretty welldone and polished back in it's time. Dark Dawn though, I've heard it got a lot of major disappointed reception. So Camelot's losing touch?

I though wish I'd get to see Garet in some form if GS will be repped in Smash Bros.

Man, it's now boring to even guess characters, we just have all these categories that have popped up due how much we have researched Sakurai's way of picking characters. It's so predictable now: all we can put our biggest hope on is the yet-to-be-added characters from the existing franchises and Shulk.

(-l_l-)

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Just surprise everyone Sakurai and put in spider mech Porky. All the cool fighting games are putting in their own mech riders, so should Smash Bros.

D

Deleted member

@Tri: Young Link -> Toon Link
Also, I don't think that's completely accurate. Yes, he has the Falchion, but who said it was the same one Marth used? Fire Emblem Gaiden established that more than one Falchion exists.
And yes, Krom can promote to Master Lord like Roy, but if I remember correctly, that's where the similarities end.
The one thing Krom has over the rest is his ability to use a lance, but Ike could use an axe and didn't use one in Brawl...

@JPW: Not only is Golden Sun a 2nd Party franchise rather than a 1st, but Sakurai outright said that the only two newer series that he felt were worthy of a character were Pikmin and Animal Crossing. So if he didn't find Golden Sun worthy then, he definitely won't find it now with Dark Dawn.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Let me tell why I think predicting newcomers is now getting predictable and unsuprising:

1. Second parties are hard to get rights for. Not viable for playable place:

- Starfy, Golden Sun, Custom Robo, Chibi Robo, Sin & Punishment?

2. Series that are retro but are notable are now just to two, the latter which might be even not yet viable due not having a new game in his series:

- Mach Rider, Nazo No Murasame Jo

3. If it's Japan-only, the chances are very low unless the fan demand is high in Japan.

- Panel De Pon, Nazo No Murasame-Jo (In a fashion), For The Frog The Bell Tolls.

4. Miyamoto's franchises are given a special treatment and attention by Sakurai and will always be included. (Expect Mole Mania :troll:)

I guess I can expect only 1-3 new franchises at best with a playable character. (-=´l-)

It's either Sin & Punishment or Xenoblade. Or both. Retro franchise for this gen? Mach Rider. I know it. :troll:

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh, cheer up Young Horsetail. If you are willing to open your eyes there are actually several series out there. Punch Out!!, Xenoblade, Wii, Sin and Punishment and maybe even Rhythm Heaven. Who knows what will come of Dillon's Rolling Western?

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Oh, forgot Punch-Out. (-l<>l-);;; But Rhythm Heaven? I don't see HOW it would get a character... (though it would make HAPPY if it did. I'd LOVE to play as Marshall, since I've bee a longtime Rhythm Heaven/Tengoku-fan.)

Wii-series might be in. But still, I guess I must say goodbye for Starfy too. Is it too late now for those franchises? (-i^i-)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
@Tri: Young Link -> Toon Link
Also, I don't think that's completely accurate. Yes, he has the Falchion, but who said it was the same one Marth used? Fire Emblem Gaiden established that more than one Falchion exists.
And yes, Krom can promote to Master Lord like Roy, but if I remember correctly, that's where the similarities end.
The one thing Krom has over the rest is his ability to use a lance, but Ike could use an axe and didn't use one in Brawl...
Yes it's the same Falchion, Krom is Marth's decendant and it was passed down to him. Lukina also uses Falchion, but it's the same one due to time travel. Alm's Falchion is up for debate, but it's a different one from Marth's and serves an entirely different purpose. Krom can also use Lances like Roy too.

Anyway my main point was that Krom's not going to replace anyone, if he's going to get in it'll because he's a good character, and if someone's cut it'll be due to time.

As a side note though, it would be awesome if Ike got his planned projectile, Krom can't do that. lol

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh, forgot Punch-Out. (-l<>l-);;; But Rhythm Heaven? I don't see HOW it would get a character... (though it would make HAPPY if it did. I'd LOVE to play as Marshall, since I've bee a longtime Rhythm Heaven/Tengoku-fan.)

Wii-series might be in. But still, I guess I must say goodbye for Starfy too. Is it too late now for those franchises? (-i^i-)
I wouldn't write Starfy off just yet. In his case I think he, like Saki, has a little bit of leniency compared to several of the other series such as Custom Robo or Golden Sun. For me it will be interesting to see if he gets that console game that was talked about a couple years ago, if that happens good things are coming his way.

Little Mac, Saki Amamiya, Waluigi and Starfy are about the only AT's I still see in the running for a promotion, so to speak.

Yes it's the same Falchion, Krom is Marth's decendant and it was passed down to him. Lukina also uses Falchion, but it's the same one due to time travel. Alm's Falchion is up for debate, but it's a different one from Marth's and serves an entirely different purpose. Krom can also use Lances like Roy too.

Anyway my main point was that Krom's not going to replace anyone, if he's going to get in it'll because he's a good character, and if someone's cut it'll be due to time.

As a side note though, it would be awesome if Ike got his planned projectile, Krom can't do that. lol
Lance. *whoosh*

Little did I know my dream of replacing Ike for Krom would stir the spirit of this thread so much.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Lance. *whoosh*

Little did I know my dream of replacing Ike for Krom would stir the spirit of this thread so much.
No offense, but I do find that a little weird seeing as we know very little about Krom himself.

Is it because he can use lances or because he's fabulous like Ghirahim? ;)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Ohh. But I still get downmooded at times. At times I wonder should I keep on supporting OBSCURE characters because I know I'm digging a nasty grave for myself here. Expect I'm aware of it... but I don't want to experience my personal "Diddy Kong"-effect ala Dixie Kong. (Diddy Kong was the only newcomer in Brawl I had been wishing the most, but I was sad many I wished back then weren't included, like Toad or Starfy. )

Here's the ones I know are obscure and/or low in chance (seemingly) but I'd personally cry of joy and scream aw yeah for 24 hours if I saw these included:

- Lip

- Starfy

- Toad

- Demille

- Garet :awesome:

- Vaati :awesome: :troll:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Tomato Adventure. This game was developed by Alpha Dream, the ones behind Mario & Luigi-series. It's Japan-only but it's very fun and pretty unique in means of battling.

I remember doing a moveset for Demille long time ago, comprising mostly from his gimmicks (his weapons in the game. There's PLENTY of them). He'd be like Mr.Game & Watch expect using toys.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom