• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Ray would be the perfect kinda old but also kinda new "WTF?" character for smash that because a lot of people overlook, would shock many smash fans.

I haven't played much of Custom Robo, so I don't really have an opinion on him or the game, though.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
All this is why Nintendo should release more Japan-only titles through the Virtual Console in outside of Japan in other languages. A smart way of creating "appeal" for Custom Robo, for example, would be Smash Bros.' "Masterpiece."

I still am pretty pissed Fire Emblem 1 and (especially) EarthBound weren't a part of the Masterpiece in non-Japanese copies of Brawl. :glare:
The first two Custom Robo's are very text heavy games. It might have been too much of a challenge for Nintendo to go through translating all of the text in the game just for the sake of putting it up on the English VC service. The reason Sin and Punishment could easily make it's way overseas is because the voice over was already in English, and from what I remember so was the text (if not it is not like there is too much text anyways).

Going on a tangent here, but it is likely the only reason the original Sin and Punishment never made it to the West to begin with is because of the name and the blood monster scene in chapter one. Not sure why Custom Robo didn't, especially at a time where multiplayer and robot games were at their prime. Probably was the text even then.

For a while, Ray was heavily wanted. Especially back in the Brawl days. But he's kind of fallen into obscurity now so not a lot of people care much about him. Or rather, other characters have taken priority over him.

But yeah, I've always thought Ray would be such a perfect addition to Smash, but it's just that the demand for him seems so low. No matter how you look at it, his addition would add so much to Smash.
I'd love for Ray to be in, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I still am pretty pissed Fire Emblem 1 and (especially) EarthBound weren't a part of the Masterpiece in non-Japanese copies of Brawl. :glare:
Actually it was FE3 not 1.

Not sure where the tabs are, but at least it's better than importing a Japanese N64.I think he'd be awesome to see. CronoBound's move set makes him look awesome to play as.
This explains it pretty well.

Although when I did my SNES, I just used a knife and sandpaper so I didn't have to open it up. Took me about an hour. The N64 tabs are thicker, but shorter.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Yo Tri, if you get the chance you want to look at that blog post and translate it for accuracy? I was going off of limited resources, but since you are our resident translator (next to Iblis) I figured maybe you could scan it quickly. It's the very first entry.

http://www.noise-games.com/blog/

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
SSBF just asked me about that. lol

I'm not that good yet, so I just used Bing Translate (I think it's better than Google). So you're probably better off asking Iblis, but here's what it translated to:

The story of the custom Robo

Often company addressed to the

"Is the custom Robo does not make anymore? 」

Waiting is new

Must thing you and email.
When even things you from overseas.

Are things even though over 10 years already goes from 1 second release thankful.

In fact, is "custom Robo V2" delivered to Wii virtual console
Still if we download monthly fine of and amazed.

And the company says a lot and talk
"You have good content, but 活かさない too good"
Will be happy and talk.

Just come, made 5 so far about the series
During the game environment changes
It will continue to make in a similar form in many ways difficult,
Things that I felt. There was a real problem.

DS version ' gekitou! Custom Robo ' pretty much passed out from the.

Needs better playing God, the
I want that come also to revive the desire is there.

Always think in some way, or assure these important assets.
Of course, leaving the buzz often House.

However, anytime, in any form and it is
Is it nobody can tell you where.

The fans came gives support to "custom Robo" at
Really thank you. Thank you very much.

Someday, I hopefully have a good report.

I'm not familiar with the series, so some parts may make more sense to the rest of you than myself.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
SSBF just asked me about that. lol

I'm not that good yet, so I just used Bing Translate (I think it's better than Google). So you're probably better off asking Iblis, but here's what it translated to:

The story of the custom Robo

Often company addressed to the

"Is the custom Robo does not make anymore? 」

Waiting is new

Must thing you and email.
When even things you from overseas.

Are things even though over 10 years already goes from 1 second release thankful.

In fact, is "custom Robo V2" delivered to Wii virtual console
Still if we download monthly fine of and amazed.

And the company says a lot and talk
"You have good content, but 活かさない too good"
Will be happy and talk.

Just come, made 5 so far about the series
During the game environment changes
It will continue to make in a similar form in many ways difficult,
Things that I felt. There was a real problem.

DS version ' gekitou! Custom Robo ' pretty much passed out from the.

Needs better playing God, the
I want that come also to revive the desire is there.

Always think in some way, or assure these important assets.
Of course, leaving the buzz often House.

However, anytime, in any form and it is
Is it nobody can tell you where.

The fans came gives support to "custom Robo" at
Really thank you. Thank you very much.

Someday, I hopefully have a good report.

I'm not familiar with the series, so some parts may make more sense to the rest of you than myself.
That's alright. I had just used several translations and stitched them together. For the most part it is easy to make sense of the post. I just enjoy that there is enough of a push from fans to create a new Custom Robo that Noise would even do a blog post about it.

For the record I used Google and Babelfish. Babelfish probably had the most sensible out of all the translations.

[COLLAPSE="Babel"]It is good in the company address,

It is as for [kasutamurobo] not to make anymore?

The new work it waits

With there are times when it receives the mail which was said.
The time, there are also times when it receives from the foreign country.

Although ten years or more passes already from the sale of the first work, it is grateful thing.

Actually, 'it means that [kasutamurobo] V2' is transmitted with the virtual console of Wii, but
Still you having downloaded every month good number, you have been surprised.

When various companies Toshi story is done,
Although it is having, not to utilize, the good contents it is wasted
Also question fish story is good.

Simply, 5 works making so far concerning the series,
While also the environment which surrounds the game has changed,
To continue to make this way in a similar way, it is difficult in various senses
With what is said felt. There was also a realistic problem.

DS edition 'intense fighting! After [kasutamurobo]' coming out, it passed rather.

If it is to be needs of the one playing,
By all means there is the thinking that and we would like to make revive.

Always you think that whether in a some way, it cannot utilize this important property.
It appears to topic naturally, often even inside the company.

Simply, when, in some way,
Very, it is about you cannot say at all.

'In everyone of the fan supporting [kasutamurobo]',
Appreciation you say truly. Thank you.

Some day, if good report is produced, with you think.[/COLLAPSE]

[COLLAPSE="Google"]Story of the Custom Robo

Often addressed to the company,

"Custom Robo Why is not made ​​yet?"

"We are waiting for new"

You may be asked, such as e-mail.
Sometimes, you may get from abroad.

Thankfully it is over in ten or more years from the launch of the first work already.

In fact, it has been delivered a "Custom Robo V2" in the virtual console Wii,
Have received quite a few each month to download still, I am surprised.

And have a talk with various companies,
"But that you have good content, it is not utilized is a waste"
Will often talk about that.

However, for the series, the work has made ​​five so far,
Is also changing in the environment surrounding the game,
Continue to make it in a way that this remains the same, difficult in many ways,
That was felt. There was also a real problem.

Fierce Fighting Edition "DS! Out from Custom Robo ", was quite passed.

If you there is a need for the person who played,
I also wanted to revive the world is located.

That in some form, that, or do not leverage this important asset has always thought.
Of course, the topic is often out in-house.

However, it that, whatever the form in time, is,
There are at quite indescribable.

To everyone of us fans have been rooting for "Custom Robo" is
We would like to thank really. Thank you.

I think one day, and hope to report good.[/COLLAPSE]

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That's alright. I had just used several translations and stitched them together. For the most part it is easy to make sense of the post. I just enjoy that there is enough of a push from fans to create a new Custom Robo that Noise would even do a blog post about it.

For the record I used Google and Babelfish. Babelfish probably had the most sensible out of all the translations.
When classes start up again I should start getting in some real practice (1st year Japanese is mostly just learning characters). Until then all I'm really good for are basic translations, probably still means I can help out with any poll that my come up in the future though.

Babelfish? Never heard of it. I don't care for Google anymore (except for translating whole pages), it gave me trouble when I was translating one of the CD albums that I imported. I'll have to try it out sometime. ;)

EDIT: It's rather amazing to see the differences between different translators isn't it. lol

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
When classes start up again I should start getting in some real practice (1st year Japanese is mostly just learning characters). Until then all I'm really good for are basic translations, probably still means I can help out with any poll that my come up in the future though.

Babelfish? Never heard of it. I don't care for Google anymore (except for translating whole pages), it gave me trouble when I was translating one of the CD albums that I imported. I'll have to try it out sometime. ;)

EDIT: It's rather amazing to see the differences between different translators isn't it. lol
Even between the two, with a little bit of common sense it is not too hard to extrapolate the general idea being presented. It is just some other details, ones I'm wanting to know, that are unable to be adequately translated. Best bet is to harass Iblis whenever he is around.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Better Zelda Newcomer idea than anyone else:
Happy Mask Salesman
. :troll:
Are you kidding me=??? This character again=???

Pre-Brawl the Happy Mask Salesman had a few really vocal supporters (mostly as a playable character), nearly all of them here (with a few on GameFaAQs and Nsider).

One particular supporter of the Happy Mask Salesman (who was mostly on GameFAQs, often here, and occasionally Nsider) was really annoying.

D

Deleted member

I'm psuedo-kidding.
On one hand, I don't really support him. On the other, he'd be MUCH more interesting than most of the suggested Zelda characters.
You've met with a terrible fate, haven't you, John?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
^^^ Not really, considering that I rather liked the annoying Happy Mask Salesman supporter! :awesome: (unexpected plot twist, I KNOW!)

I thought at the least it was a funny "joke" character.

Truth be told, I think the Happy Mask Salesman would be a great Assist Trophy character, or a hilarious boss! :grin:

D

Deleted member

He should be an Assist Trophy that makes Masks out of playable characters. :troll:
I mean, he's already got Mario...

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I think he'd be a better "WTF?" hilariously possessed boss or something. Think about it. He could put on masks and transform into all kinds of evil beings! That sounds like something that would be totally hilarious, awesome, and reminiscent of Majora's Mask (and to a lesser extent, Ocarina of Time) at the same time.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Been playing Mario Party 9, loving it so far. I'd like to see the music that plays in the second phase of the Bowser Jr. boss fight implemented in some way.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
You guys do realize that SSB5 is going to be either Smash Wii U or Smash 3DS, right=??? :laugh:

@ Metal
Fire Emblem 13 will probably be announced at E3 like Shadow Dragon (Fire Emblem 13) was announced to be released internationally. ;)

Plus given the hype about this game, the reception, and the Japanese sales (which I believe are the best in the franchise), it's gonna leave Japan. International Fire Emblem fans are still pissed about Fire Emblem 12 not leaving Japan. We're gonna make some noise with our wallets.
I'll wait until I get a 3DS.
:smirk:
EPIC right thar. Should be done.
He could transform into some ugly version of Mario
who is not named Waluigi
. :troll:

Also, it would be funny if he turned into ReDeads (can paralyze you if you are in front of this form), Like-Likes (if you shield against this form, he can eat it, and it will be gone for the next 30 seconds or so), a Gerudo woman (who has two scimitars), Skull Kid with Majora's Mask, Majora's Wrath, and maybe even Psycho Mantis!

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
LOL OASIS!

It's probably because it's like the calm before the storm. E3 is in a few weeks, and things feel oddly "calm" before such a key event.

I remember before the Brawl Dojo reopened how calm and almost "unhyped" (even though that isn't a real word) I felt for the week or so long wait.

Then for the 1-3 days before it opened, I slowly got super duper hyped!

:laugh:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
My hype for SSB4 is going down a little...
Quoted for truth. I walk in here and I feel like a nerd looking at old superhero cartoons over and over again.

Theres nothing wrong with that, but this rerun has been going for too long.

I've been thinking... What if- Not saying it's a wise idea or something to seriously think about- SSB4 had the Battle mechanics of Kid Icarus: Uprising? Like, I think if the controls were set up better (And more smoother) I think it would go well.

Also, why do I smell Kirby scents all over Kid Icarus Uprising?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Because Sakurai collected all the crap Kirby ideas and made references to that crap in Uprising=??? :awesome:

Also, if you're so tired of it asage, then give me the #8 spot! Currently I have the 9th most posts on this thread (I passed Diddy, w00t!), and you're next. Seeing as how 8 (and 7, and 80, and especially 88) are my lucky numbers, I need that number so that I can feel like "I'M THE KING OF THE WORLD!"

Or else... :glare: :smirk: ;)

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Because Sakurai collected all the crap Kirby ideas and made references to that crap in Uprising=??? :awesome:

Also, if you're so tired of it asage, then give me the #8 spot! Currently I have the 9th most posts on this thread (I passed Diddy, w00t!), and you're next. Seeing as how 8 (and 7, and 80, and especially 88) are my lucky numbers, I need that number so that I can feel like "I'M THE KING OF THE WORLD!"

Or else... :glare: :smirk: ;)

Well, lemme lay a little knowledge on ya. If we've run out of things to talk about, why don't we all go on vacation?

These boards remind me of toast. It starts out as fresh bread. When you burn it, it's all burnt and crumbly. But it goes so well with Bacon.

15 points if you get it.

EDIT: Btw, Hades from Disney is still better than Kid Icarus Hades.

EDIT2: I only come here to see if any news of SSB4 has been announced. I have no computer until July, so maybe then will I hear the tales of a trailer. Just maybe. Then again, Oasis might stop them because he wants these "enthusiastic" convesations to continue.

Dat Oasis... Making everything difficult.

WokeR

Smash Apprentice
What I always wanted was a MM Young Link... where he could change masks with downB (like Pokemon Trainer).

He could have a strong character (Goron), a quick char (Deku), and one with ranged attacks (Zora)... ohhh and the obvious final smash (Fierce Deity).

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Yes, I am just the worst of things.

Anyway, if there's anything I need to stop, it's Metal Overlord from taking my place as #2. He's only 944 posts away... That Scoundrel.

I finally got my bug to eat. It looks like he's about to explode from eating so much.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Going on a tangent here, but it is likely the only reason the original Sin and Punishment never made it to the West to begin with is because of the name and the blood monster scene in chapter one. Not sure why Custom Robo didn't, especially at a time where multiplayer and robot games were at their prime. Probably was the text even then.
Actually, Sin and Punishment was made for an American audience in the first place, which is ironic as the whole thing's very 90's anime. Anyway, that explains the English voice overs. The reason why it didn't make it was because it was getting very late into the N64's life cycle and releasing an original IP at that time would be a setup for failure.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Including this post, I am 3 posts from passing Horsetail. Almost #20. :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
If anyone goes over 9,000 posts on this or any thread and there name isn't Metal, they deserve a FREAKING RIDLEY MEDALLION!

Also, Ridley for Smash! :grin:

Seriously, who wouldn't want to play as a character who does this, this, this, this, and this=???

Or has an awesome them like this, this, this, this, this, this, this, and this=???

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I was never in the Geno thread. Too busy defending the Ridley thread from Psycho's attacks.

He was the first mate of Fatman.

Jerk.

Ashenhole.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom