• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
Ok, you got me on grammar but my iPod left out the period. It's supposed to period after you space twice but every once in a while it doesn't.
Ok it should please hyper and oasis now.

I wouldn't even mind paying for extra characters if the price is right and assuming that it isn't overused or abused.

:phone:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Just read that Destructoid article, I like the mentions of FE13 and Smash. Pretty funny article overall.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I like how excited the writer got over Fire Emblem 13 and Paper Mario 3DS. That sounds just like me
if I owned a 3DS

Edit: Enough of this grammar Nazi bullcrap. We all make grammar mistakes all the times. Last I checked, authors aren't perfect, either. That's why they have editors. Often their editors even make mistakes. I read a portion of World War II book on airplanes of my father's a few years ago where there were about 7 grammar errors over 10 pages! :laugh:

Plus, a lot of people here don't speak English as a 1st language. It would be especially unfair to expect them to have no errors grammatically.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Oh wow. I found a very interesting read from NOISE's blog. It pays to be bored and explore the crevices of the internet.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
I want Mewtwo and Roy in the story of Adventure Mode, dammit :(

Plus, I hate it when my most wanted characters for recent fighting games become DLC (Rain was DLC for MK9, Lei Wulong and Jack are gonna be DLC for Street Fighter x Tekken, and Michelle Chang is gonna be (admittedly free) DLC for Tekken Tag Tournament 2)

**** that

/selfishness
oh, not Lei, Bryan is who you're thinking about. And the name's Jack X, bud. Also, just checj=ked out the complete collection of Gon!! I love that little dino dude, the protector of the weak! Gon for Tekken 7!!!

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
What an interesting read. Okay, so apparently NOISE really wants to make another Custom Robo game (and fans as well). From what I can tell, if they get the chance to develop another title they want to expand it more than it has been. Another interesting note is apparently the Custom Robo V2 game on the Japanese VC has consistently held a decent number of downloads, to the surprise of the company. The only thing that apparently hinders moving forward is the lackluster release of Custom Robo DS, and obviously Nintendo not having pushed for anything. Perhaps Noise could go the Treasure route and just walk up to Nintendo and say "hey, we want to make a new Custom Robo game for the 3DS/Wii U. Can we?" After all, it was good sales of S&P that allowed Treasure to develop Star Successor. Granted that was a world wide release, and Star Successor may not have done well in the general market. The last point, however, has more to do with Sin and Punishment and might not apply to Custom Robo, should it be rebooted.

Noise's last project, Go, Go, Cosmic Cops, was completed in 2009. It has been 10 years since the first Custom Robo.

Oh, and source:
http://www.noise-games.com/blog/
Article was written February of this year.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Wait, is Diddy someone else now? I'm confused, even though I'm still annoyed by all the Impa talk...
Star, I believe you. I'm not gonna wait twenty minutes for Google to translate that page...
Also, a new Custom Robo? *Hopes for Mech Gauss to reappear*

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Oh, no, Cobalsh, I know that Bryan and Jack-X are the official tag team partners

I was just saying that I wanted Lei along with any version of Jack the most. I like Bryan but not as much as Lei

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
John's theme IMO

Star, how popular is custom robo compared to other small franchises like golden sun?

:phone:
I have no idea, more than Sin and Punishment I'm sure, and that game got a sequel. As long as Noise can justify their decision to Nintendo (somehow) it can happen. Reading that blog post has given me hope. :')

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
My theme song-
Do-do-do-do-do-do-do
Do-do-do-do-do-do-do
Bok bok bok bok bok bok bok bok boookkk
Do do do doooo do dooo doo doo dooooo
do do do doooo do dooo doo doo

...You get the idea. Also, I want a new fighting crossover:
Star Wars v.s. SoulCalibur.
Fire away. I'll make the Star Wars roster, and MetalhastodotherestbecauseIknownothingofSoulCalibur! Sorry Metal, as a favor?

Metal Mania1321

Smash Journeyman
What an interesting read. Okay, so apparently NOISE really wants to make another Custom Robo game (and fans as well). From what I can tell, if they get the chance to develop another title they want to expand it more than it has been. Another interesting note is apparently the Custom Robo V2 game on the Japanese VC has consistently held a decent number of downloads, to the surprise of the company. The only thing that apparently hinders moving forward is the lackluster release of Custom Robo DS, and obviously Nintendo not having pushed for anything. Perhaps Noise could go the Treasure route and just walk up to Nintendo and say "hey, we want to make a new Custom Robo game for the 3DS/Wii U. Can we?" After all, it was good sales of S&P that allowed Treasure to develop Star Successor. Granted that was a world wide release, and Star Successor may not have done well in the general market. The last point, however, has more to do with Sin and Punishment and might not apply to Custom Robo, should it be rebooted.

Noise's last project, Go, Go, Cosmic Cops, was completed in 2009. It has been 10 years since the first Custom Robo.

Oh, and source:
Article was written February of this year.[/QUOUTE]
I love you! Thank you for bringing this to my attention! I'm the only Custom Robo fan I know, so I wouldn't have heard about this otherwise. Please let this happen Nintendo!

@ Cobalsh Mech Guass is from Joy Mech Fighter.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465

Oh, and source:
Article was written February of this year.
I love you! Thank you for bringing this to my attention! I'm the only Custom Robo fan I know, so I wouldn't have heard about this otherwise. Please let this happen Nintendo!
Fixed the post.

Yes I agree, hopefully Noise will be able to convince Nintendo to let them work on a new game. It has been a long time since I played a good robot battling game.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
METALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

What is up, my twin brother

And Cobalsh, I actually don't know all that much about Soul Calibur, lol

Only Soul games I ever played SC1 and 2 (in SC1's case, I literally only played like 5 minutes of the demo of it when I was like 5 at Funcoland/GameStop/whatever it was back in 2000)

@John- I would love the Metroid Prime boss battle theme to get into Smash :shades:

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: Very nice to see that Noise wants to keep Custom Robo alive. Here's to hoping for a game for the 3DS/Wii-U and I'll make sure to get it if it does come out.

Ray would be so much awesome to see in Smash. He just fits so well.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Also, I DECLARE THIS AS MY IN FIGHT THEME!!!
It is the Space Pirates' theme from Metroid Prime.

That song should also have been on Frigate Orpheon. No excuses sound team. That song is perfect for fighting. It also would be a great song for if say in a smash story/SSE-esk mode for some creepy Metroid part where the lights flicker on and off or you are surrounded by scary sounding and looking enemies. Think about it. Such a scenario would be totally awesome in the story mode. I remember that part of Metroid Prime scared the hell out of me when I was like 11 or 12.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
@Starphoenix: Very nice to see that Noise wants to keep Custom Robo alive. Here's to hoping for a game for the 3DS/Wii-U and I'll make sure to get it if it does come out.

Ray would be so much awesome to see in Smash. He just fits so well.
See, the funny thing is is that Custom Robo could be a really great game for something like the Wii U.

Never correct the son of two teachers, Oasis. You're just Stupid.
Hey, you used "you're" appropriately. :D

Metal Mania1321

Smash Journeyman
METALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

What is up, my twin brother

And Cobalsh, I actually don't know all that much about Soul Calibur, lol

Only Soul games I ever played SC1 and 2 (in SC1's case, I literally only played like 5 minutes of the demo of it when I was like 5 at Funcoland/GameStop/whatever it was back in 2000)

@John- I would love the Metroid Prime boss battle theme to get into Smash :shades:
It's been awhile, eh! And I happen to know a bit about Soul Calibur, if info is needed.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Info isn't really needed lol

Cobalsh had a crossover idea involving Soul Calibur and said I had to do the roster for SC since he didn't know much about it, either

BTW, I've wanted to get into Custom Robo for a little bit, but I don't know where to start

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It is always good to know Smashchu is there to back me up when I am gone from here during a character discussion I started. :D Won't be on much tonight either, most of my family is returning from China to us with our new adopted sister. That's good though because I have been on here too much lately. <___< My post count shouldn't be this high already.

Oh, and I happen to think I have a better name than most. >_> In fact, being able to play with a name may be a sign of a good name.

Starphoenix

NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
BTW, I've wanted to get into Custom Robo for a little bit, but I don't know where to start
It is not like there are many choices. Just look for Custom Robo: Battle Revolution for the GC. If you have no problems reading Japanese (comprehensively), and have an N64 that can play them, you can try importing the Japanese cartridges of the original two Custom Robos.

D

Deleted member

@Starphoenix: Custom Robo would definitely work well as a Wii-U/3DS title. With Nintendo's main target audience being well us, if they can advertise the new game very well and make it great, I can see it being really popular.
Info isn't really needed lol

Cobalsh had a crossover idea involving Soul Calibur and said I had to do the roster for SC since he didn't know much about it, either

Yeah, me too. I really want to get the N64 games, but those are Japan-only, I don't have a N64, and I need to learn Japanese in order to do that. Guess the GC and DS games are my only options right now.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It is not like there are many choices. Just look for Custom Robo: Battle Revolution for the GC. If you have no problems reading Japanese (comprehensively), and have an N64 that can play them, you can try importing the Japanese cartridges of the original two Custom Robos.
N64 games are region free, but like the Super Nintendo, you have to break off the tabs on the inside of the cart slot. Having done this with my SNES, it's no easy job, and looking at the N64 tabs incomparison, they look even harder to get at and are thicker to cut through.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
All this is why Nintendo should release more Japan-only titles through the Virtual Console in outside of Japan in other languages. A smart way of creating "appeal" for Custom Robo, for example, would be Smash Bros.' "Masterpiece."

I still am pretty pissed Fire Emblem 1 and (especially) EarthBound weren't a part of the Masterpiece in non-Japanese copies of Brawl. :glare:

Metal Mania1321

Smash Journeyman
Custom Robo is in my top five Nintendo franchises, and I honestly think it's underrated.
Ray would be really easy to make a moveset for, and would be a great addition to Smash.
Anybody else think so?

D

Deleted member

N64 games are region free, but like the Super Nintendo, you have to break off the tabs on the inside of the cart slot. Having done this with my SNES, it's no easy job, and looking at the N64 tabs incomparison, they look even harder to get at and are thicker to cut through.
Not sure where the tabs are, but at least it's better than importing a Japanese N64.
Metal Mania1321 said:
Ray would be really easy to make a moveset for, and would be a great addition to Smash.
Anybody else think so?
I think he'd be awesome to see. CronoBound's move set makes him look awesome to play as.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
Custom Robo is in my top five Nintendo franchises, and I honestly think it's underrated.
Anybody else think so?
For a while, Ray was heavily wanted. Especially back in the Brawl days. But he's kind of fallen into obscurity now so not a lot of people care much about him. Or rather, other characters have taken priority over him.

But yeah, I've always thought Ray would be such a perfect addition to Smash, but it's just that the demand for him seems so low. No matter how you look at it, his addition would add so much to Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom