• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm not really aware of Golden x Arcade and according to a KumaOso post later on, it's supposedly over. As for the Shortie X Chrono, this has got to stop. All it really boils down is a ****ing contest between the two, which is quite frankly immature on both accounts. I understand both are frustrated with each other, but if you two dislike each other so much, you should try to ignore each other for awhile.
Thanks to a little thing called the Ignore List.

Which is precisely why I think that Wolf and Luigi are the only two "semi-clones" (characters who shares more than two moves with another character) with a shot of being unique. There's not much left to declone for those two and it's reasonable to assume that Sakurai can be bothered to declone those few remaining similarities (even if Snake does return). I'd throw Lucario there as well, but it's a stretch to call two somewhat similar moves a semi-clone and feel that he is in the "unique" pile despite said similarities.
There's Lucas too.

Holy ****, while looking for Nintendo All Stars Battle Royale (because I thought the original Smash Bros. was called that in Japan), I found that source I was talking about a long time ago when Miyamoto said Bowser was in Smash 64! (And confirmed that Falcon was going to be in it early on.)
http://www.miyamotoshrine.com/theman/interviews/111998.shtml
I believe the only characters that were planned but got scrapped were Dedede, Bowser, and Mewtwo.

And for my thoughts on the Sony Smash Bros., seems neat, and I noticed that the game appears to have super meter ala MvC and KoF. Not only that, but they added it in where it's not that distracting. Nice.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
Spear. Name one other character that has that mechanic. That is unique enough for me.
I meant more in the sense is he important enough. Is this more than adding, say, Koppa Troopa.

Well, the Playstation All-Stars Battle Royale game confirmed there will be third party characters. So let me ask you all something. A lot of people have speculated about Solid Snake or a Final Fantasy character. If that happened what would you guys think about that? Especially if Super Smash Bros 4 is also open to guest characters again. Just asking out of curiosity.
I actually think it's a bad idea for the game. This is the first Sony Smash Bros. game. They are just establishing the rules of the series and the characters. Consider how we think about Smash Bros. We think about the gameplay, how it looks, who's in it. I think at this point, it would be better to focus on Sony characters and it's always going to be about them anyway.Maybe down the road third party characters would be cool, but not it would be best to focus on what is a staple for this game.

Snake was Snake. His moves shouldn't be tacked on to any other character because they really just don't belong to anyone else. Especially when you could make Pico or Andy stand out on their own without resorting to trying to make them like someone else.

THAT IS TO SAY, SNAKE IS IRREPLACEABLE.
I like the cut of your jib.

I am thinking Sakurai's hand may be forced into showing a trailer at E3 2012 now. Keep in mind that Melee's CGI trailer was made in only a month (though tons of gameplay for Melee was also shown at E3 2001 as well).
Probably. Smash is a big series. Of course, Nintendo will likely help him with this.

http://wii.ign.com/articles/122/1223811p1.html

People don't realize what a "Loss" is in business.

It doesn't mean they are actually loosing money, it means they made less money than they expected.
No, it means they lost money.

The income statement work in that it's the money you get in (sales) minus what goes out the door (expenses). The different is income or a loss. You can also look at their Statement of Cash Flow to see that cash is declining.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
@Hypercat-Z: Regarding your Classic Mode input, completely random opponents is a good start, but it wouldn't seem right if a franchise appears only once during your Classic Mode run. The way I visioned Classic Mode would be...

Stage 1: 1 vs. 1
Stage 2: 2 vs. 2
Stage 3: Multi-Man Battle (x10)
Bonus 1: Target Smash
Stage 4: 1 vs. 1
Stage 5: 3 vs. 1 (giant)
Stage 6: Multi-Man Battle (x15)
Bonus 2: Platform Jump (AKA: Board the Platforms)
Stage 7: 1 vs. 1
Stage 8: Multi-Man Battle (x20)
Stage 9: 1 vs. 1 (metal)
Bonus 3: Race to the Finish!
Stage 10: Fighting Alloy Team (x30)
Stage 11: 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 vs. 1 (Free-for-all)
Stage 12-1: Master Hand (all skill levels)
Stage 12-2: Master Hand & Crazy Hand (Normal, Hard, Very Hard, and Intense only)

All opponents would be random, meaning no franchise orders or anything. Also, you never face the exact same character more than once; if you face Mario in stage 1, he will not be your opponent for the other stages. Your teammates from stage 2 and stage 5 can still end up as your opponents though.

Regarding Master Hand, you'd only face him on the Very Easy and Easy skill levels. If you're playing Normal, Hard, Very Hard, or Intense, however, Crazy Hand will appear if you reach stage 12 without continuing, and within 15 minutes.

Regarding the Intense difficulty level, it won't be available right off the bat. To unlock the Intense difficulty level, you'll have to complete the first 5 skill levels first. Fortunately, clearing the Intense difficulty level isn't mandatory, as it's merely a bonus difficulty level.
Was that intentional.

Although Jack was Naked Snake and not Solid Snake.
It's just an expression.

I actually think it's a bad idea for the game. This is the first Sony Smash Bros. game. They are just establishing the rules of the series and the characters. Consider how we think about Smash Bros. We think about the gameplay, how it looks, who's in it. I think at this point, it would be better to focus on Sony characters and it's always going to be about them anyway.Maybe down the road third party characters would be cool, but not it would be best to focus on what is a staple for this game.
I just hope they won't add a ****load of 3rd parties. At least only 3 or 4.
And for my thoughts on the Sony Smash Bros., seems neat, and I noticed that the game appears to have super meter ala MvC and KoF. Not only that, but they added it in where it's not that distracting. Nice.
What do you think about the KO system?

You can only kill a character with a super attack. So.. this game will be all about battery and meter gain?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104

You can only kill a character with a super attack. So.. this game will be all about battery and meter gain?
I haven't read up much on it, since I don't have a PS3 to play this on. I think it's an idea that could go very bad very quickly. While it's an original take on KO's, I think it's best if you don't focus on making such a specific KO method. I'd rather it be more free like you see in every other fighting game, including smash.

xXIke-SamaXx

Smash Lord
NNID
Azureflame92
Strategist :

Moveset :

B-Normal : Charage thunder ball.

B- Up : Summons a Pegasus knight to pick him.

B- Down : Summons a general to deflect the attack and counter.

B- Forward : Summons a Great Knight to charge into anyone infront of you.

Smash attacks :

Forward Smash: Summons a Berserker to strike your opponent with a deadly strike.

Down Smash : Summons a Warrior to swipe the people around you.

Up Smash : Summons a Hero to do an Upward Slash.

Combo : Summons a Sword Master to do a fast Combo with the sword.

Final Smash : He does a Strong Magical stike : (Rex Bolt).

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
I just hope they won't add a ****load of 3rd parties. At least only 3 or 4.

See what Metal said. 3 to 4 is a lot. And like I said, this is the time when they establish the series. Too early to start thinking about guest (Heck, they still have a lot of characters to pull from).

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sheik, the cows and Deku Scrubs are Miyamoto's favorite things about OOT apperantly. :/

Makes me wonder why he never used Sheik again in another Zelda game.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
Tetra is the Sheik of WW I think.. and I recall some issues with adding Sheik in TP. I think she was cut out for some reason. X3 I'm sure she will make a comeback sooner or later. :p

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I'm actually pretty sure she won't. Especially with Impa being revived in Skyward Sword instead of her.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Signs are saying otherwise. I'm not dumb for reading them better than you. :smirk:

Though I'm interested in what these 'problems' with Sheik for Twilight Princess could be.

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
I know the Sheik in brawl was the concept art for TP. I think Sheik didn't fit in the story after all. I mean.. with how they went with it.. Zelda giving her 'soul' to Midna so she could be in the Human realm.

If you finished off SS you should know it's the first game in the Series (the official Time Line was released with the 3 Time Lines shown) Impa doesn't get revived in the series per se.. since she dies off. Not to mention Impa was revived in Oracle or Ages and Seasons. :p

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
I would loooooooooooove a completely unique Wolf, would instantly main him

Same thing for Ganondorf
I never understand why Ganondorf is so similar to Captain Falcon on smash,they don´t have nothing in common out of this game. :confused:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I wanna talk more about revamping veterans. And on that note...

Is everyone fine with the FS that Sheik has, or do people want something different?

And Lukin, that's because of time constraints, well, in Melee's case, at least

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman

Is everyone fine with the FS that Sheik has, or do people want some different?

I'm more concerned on the spacies.. Landmasters lol. Sheik and Zelda are the same person.. while there is a subtle difference on the angle you are sent whilst hit by the arrow... I don't think there should be any reason to completely scratch the idea of Sheik having her own Unique FS. :p

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Is everyone fine with the FS that Sheik has, or do people want something different?

Better (B)v for Lucario. Just sayain.

Difference WOULD be better. But it' Shiek, so what else are you really going to give her? Oh right, make some **** up. FUUUUU-

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I know the Sheik in brawl was the concept art for TP. I think Sheik didn't fit in the story after all. I mean.. with how they went with it.. Zelda giving her 'soul' to Midna so she could be in the Human realm.

If you finished off SS you should know it's the first game in the Series (the official Time Line was released with the 3 Time Lines shown) Impa doesn't get revived in the series per se.. since she dies off. Not to mention Impa was revived in Oracle or Ages and Seasons. :p
I meant revived more in a way like revived as a character in the series. She has not appeared since the Oracle games indeed, which was like 9 years or something? Anyways, I'm thinking they'll keep Impa around for longer this time. And I'm not seeing Sheik return as of yet.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
Yeah, I'm pretty content with Sheik's FS too, just wanted to see where people stood on that since I've never really seen anyone bring that up

Falco should really have an Arwing instead of a Landmaster, but I'm still kinda lost on what exactly Wolf should have as a different FS

Hopefully Lukin, Ganondorf is made completely unique in Smash 4. His new Side B is a start

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sheik never really did anything. :/ She's lucky she's there to have a Final Smash in the first place.

Dark Yoghurt

Smash Cadet
well G&W kinda stands for the first handheld games (or whatever) and retro nintendo stuff, and Sheik is just a character in a series... but yeah she's still a veteran, but I wouldn't mind her being replaced or removed, I don't play her anyway, and I'd rather have a unique FS for Sheik, I don't like the reused FS'es, like with the landmasters and the two links having the same one... it's just boring to me

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
I meant revived more in a way like revived as a character in the series. She has not appeared since the Oracle games indeed, which was like 9 years or something? Anyways, I'm thinking they'll keep Impa around for longer this time. And I'm not seeing Sheik return as of yet.
Sheik more than likely won't appear in any game connected to the Adult Time Line aka the Toon Link Saga, since they aren't in Hyrule anymore.. and Impa I doubt will make a come back unless they pull something outta no where.

Sheik MAY appear in the Child Time Line.. because it's the most under developed time line thus far and she was planned for TP a game within the time line! So there's hope for her.. Impa also may accompany Sheik seeing as Impa always has guided Zelda in the games she's present.

The Hero defeated time line finished (except for maybe explaining how Links Awakening leads to Legend of Zelda 1 via the monarchy era labeled on the time line but eeh doubt it.) So I highly doubt Sheik or even Impa will make a come back there. Impa DID make a comeback via oracle ages/seasons in this time line though.

All in all there is hope for Sheik!

In regards to making Ganon unique.. I'd like to see Demise > Ganon they are the same character, but Demise is his 'True' form not to mention Demise leads to possibilities of being a highly unique character with a fresh new move set. :)

yani

Smash Lord
Sheik having the same FS as Zelda is fine with me, as they are the same person. Falco needs an Arwing though.

Dark Yoghurt

Smash Cadet
I can't come up with anything special for Sheik, playing harp isn't really a damage dealing thing... so yeah I guess it's okay, unless Sakurai can come up with something cool (playing bongo shouldn't be damage dealing either xD or are they special magic bongo's in the games?.....)

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
I can't come up with anything special for Sheik, playing harp isn't really a damage dealing thing... so yeah I guess it's okay, unless Sakurai can come up with something cool (playing bongo shouldn't be damage dealing either xD or are they special magic bongo's in the games?.....)
Well.. the harp sheik uses in oot is the Goddess Harp from SS, it's known to have magical properties. So, sure bring on the Harp! Would be awesome though. :p

Some effects I can think of it.. one of 3 songs would play (Din, Naryu, farore) If Din's plays Sheiks KB is increased..(offensive) if Naryus plays when she get's hit her KB is reduced thus making her live longer (Defensive) and if Farore plays her speed is increased (I couldnt really think of anything..) lol. X3

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
How about some ninja stuff for a final Smash.

@Peachy-Desu
Ganondorf has more potential than Demise. Wind Waker Ganondorf. Case Closed.

Off topic, but the Skullgirls OST is now on iTunes so go download it!

Peachy-Desu

Smash Journeyman
That FAT Ganon from WW? I'd hate to see him replace TP Ganon even though he uses 2 swords lol. It would be interesting if Sakurai does intend to use the SS models for Wii U (Which I doubt) Though I really hope Ghirahim makes it in haha.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I don't know why people say he's fat. He looks more stocky than fat. Besides, he was easily my favorite Ganondorf fight in the series. They don't need to make Ganondorf look like him. They just need to base his moveset off of that game.

Dark Yoghurt

Smash Cadet
Nah, Demise shouldn't replace Ganondorf
Hell no, Demise is sort of the source of Ganon's evil, but Ganon is still the leading vilain. It would be sort of okay if they added Demise, or make Demise Ganon's final Smash (don't really like that idea)...neh he can be a trophy.

And Sheik could perform the warp songs from OoT, Bolero of Fire would cover the level with fire, the other songs would create a sandstorm, a flood, random dark energy, all the stuff from their temples. I can see this work.

I'd actually like Sheik to be seperate from Zelda, but probably won't happen.

And I wan't Ganon to be able to shoot dark energy balls! And give him a sword, you know, attacks from the actual games...

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
How about some ninja stuff for a final Smash.
Taking a page from her Up Special, she could like NIGHTCRAWLER or something. She would disappear, and pressing the A button would have her appear and do some random attack. She also wouldn't move like a normal character. More like Pikachu and Yoshi's FS. Like, a cursor.

So, in the same way that Zelda is the power side of Shelda, with a Final Smash that's essentially just one big powerful attack, Sheik's Final Smash would reflect that she's the damage-racker-upper side.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom