• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
@Chu
I know Brawl has an art style. What I meant about style was like saying someone is lacking in personality. Brawl has an art style, but it's rather bland, in my opinion.

And I don't need another lecture from you. I already see your type every Tuesday and Thursday in front of my student union.

As what I'd like in an art style. I'd like to see something along the lines of how Final Fantasy and a lot of Western CG movie studios work. They're very detailed in things like clothing, fur, hair, lighting, etc., but they have an animation style to them. Final Fantasy is deeply rooted in anime (as to be expected) while western movie studios have Western/Disney-like designs. So, you could have your denim overalls Mario without it looking bizarre. Here are some examples for clarification.

Ling Xiaoyu - Tekken Blood Vengeance
Oerba Dia Vanille - Final Fantasy XIII
Po - Kung Fu Panda 2 (Like you didn't see this one coming.)
Merida - Brave

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Serebii said:
Imminent Announcement?

During a Q&A session during a visit to Tokyo on Saturday, Junichi Masuda was asked about when the next main series game, a game after Pokémon + Nobunaga's Ambition, is to come out. In response, he said that he can't really respond to that question but said to watch an upcoming Pokémon Smash episode, due to air this weekend. This was followed by a post on twitter stating the same thing. Despite this, however, the summary and trailer of that episode of Pokémon Smash makes no mention of any sort of announcement. We'll bring news on these developments as and when they happen so be sure to keep checking back
Ooh... I'll be watching for this.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I know of tons of Flash games that remake series into a fighting one. There was a Pokemon one(if not more), but I can't remember any others that are of a single series, and isn't a mashup. Er, that aren't official games.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I know of tons of Flash games that remake series into a fighting one. There was a Pokemon one(if not more), but I can't remember any others that are of a single series, and isn't a mashup. Er, that aren't official games.
My Little Pony: Fighting is Magic

Disfunkshunal

Manners Maketh Man
NNID
Disfunkshunal
3DS FC
1848-1876-3249
I remember a group of people that were working on textures long before it was common place, syntax something, who were working on a pokemon smash type game. Their website and project was shutdown I don't remember why though.

:phone:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
@Chu
I know Brawl has an art style. What I meant about style was like saying someone is lacking in personality. Brawl has an art style, but it's rather bland, in my opinion.
It's an art style nontheless. It serves it's purpose. I, like a lot of things, is trying to create unity in chaos.

And I don't need another lecture from you. I already see your type every Tuesday and Thursday in front of my student union.
I lecture because, for once, I'd like to hear "That is interesting that Smash does X, let me investigate why." rather than "WTF, Smash should do it just like this other fighting game. Sakurai is so dumb. I should make the game!!!" You want to be right, not be smarter.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I lecture because, for once, I'd like to hear "That is interesting that Smash does X, let me investigate why." rather than "WTF, Smash should do it just like this other fighting game. Sakurai is so dumb. I should make the game!!!" You want to be right, not be smarter.
I know why some things are done, but I don't agree with them. Stale moves was designed so to discourage spamming, but I think that leaves more problems than solutions.

On the other hand, there are things that I agree with. I agree as to why Melee wouldn't let you grab the edge with your back towards it, and I understand why that became possible in Brawl. Again, I don't like the reason behind it nor the idea of it.

There are other things in Smash that I like and actually wish they were in other fighting games sometimes like air dodging. So, as I've said to you several times, why don't you contribute to the gameplay discussions instead of ranting on any possible ideas? If I were to mention that this or that came from another non-fighting game (especially a Nintendo game) or something just made up, you'd probably be more open to it. Unfortunately, you're so stubborn in your pricky ways that you simply refuse to keep an open mind. I may have suggested traditional, high-low blocking, but I can see now that it simply wouldn't work.

It's one thing to shoot down something because the game's design wouldn't mesh well with it, but it's another to shoot down something for the sake of shooting down something.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I remember a group of people that were working on textures long before it was common place, syntax something, who were working on a pokemon smash type game. Their website and project was shutdown I don't remember why though.

Because Nintendo is pedant about their copyrights. Even if it was a parody.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
As far as I know, they're on people's butts if it's a doujin game. Hacks and mods they don't seem to care too much about.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I know right? Skytown Elysia is such a gay choice for a stage. Very homosexual.

It makes me gag just thinking about it.

D

Deleted member

Slow discussion.....

Let's talk about victory fanfares for unrepresented series, that should be interesting.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
In addition to Mario smiling, Fox needs to look angry again

Eh.... I've never been big on the angry looking characters. I do like how they showed more emotional range on Fox and it wasn't all over the place like Command's Fox. Look, SmashChu, I made a complement on your beloved Brawl!Now, I'd be more than fine if he showed a fierce look in his eyes on certain attacks.

Also looks like a new possible Final Smash for Pit.
Twilight Sparkle Palutena confirmed?

I wonder what this could mean for Pit's specials then unless he's like Dante where it's like a super version of himself.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Slow discussion.....

Let's talk about victory fanfares for unrepresented series, that should be interesting.
Starfy-The theme of the Starfy Dance(AKA Boss Defeated)

And I honestly think Mewtwo should the same treatment as Meta Knight. A remix of the others' victory fanfare.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I'm all for personal victory themes. It was planned after all.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Twilight Sparkle Palutena confirmed?

I wonder what this could mean for Pit's specials then unless he's like Dante where it's like a super version of himself.
Ignoring the Goddesses to be serious for once, I must say that I'm rather curious to see what will happen to Pit's moveset as chances are it will see some changes.

But at the end of the video, powering up with the 3 Sacred Treasures just screams Final Smash IMO. Although, Pit technically uses some of the treasures in his moveset already...

And I honestly think Mewtwo should the same treatment as Meta Knight. A remix of the others' victory fanfare.
Agreed.

BTW, anyone else think that it was weird that Snake got the MGS Game Over theme for his victory theme?

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I wonder if this means Ridley will be getting a rock version of Samus's victory theme? 8D
I'd rather him get a short version of his theme.

Ignoring the Goddesses to be serious for once, I must say that I'm rather curious to see what will happen to Pit's moveset as chances are it will see some changes.

But at the end of the video, powering up with the 3 Sacred Treasures just screams Final Smash IMO. Although, Pit technically uses some of the treasures in his moveset already...

BTW, anyone else think that it was weird that Snake got the MGS Game Over theme for his victory theme?
I think we'll have to wait until Uprising comes out to get a better feel as to what to expect. We've seen him with a lot of weapons so far and some new abilities so we'll have to wait and see.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I wonder if this means Ridley will be getting a rock version of Samus's victory theme? 8D
Sounds good to me. "looks to see if Metroid Metal ever did a cover for it"

I think we'll have to wait until Uprising comes out to get a better feel as to what to expect. We've seen him with a lot of weapons so far and some new abilities so we'll have to wait and see.
I guess, although I'm starting to get the feeling that we're overestimating Uprising and it's relation to Smash 4.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I guess, although I'm starting to get the feeling that we're overestimating Uprising and it's relation to Smash 4.
I don't know what to expect to be honest with you. I can see it going a lot of ways. The support for competitive play has increased greatly in the last three years and developers are looking at new ways to get new players into the game without screwing over veteran players and we're seeing new innovations too. Who knows?

Have you guys read this Iwata Asks on Tekken 3D Prime Edition?
http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/creators/9/0

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I don't know what to expect to be honest with you. I can see it going a lot of ways. The support for competitive play has increased greatly in the last three years and developers are looking at new ways to get new players into the game without screwing over veteran players and we're seeing new innovations too. Who knows?

Have you guys read this Iwata Asks on Tekken 3D Prime Edition?
http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/3ds/creators/9/0
Who knows what will happen, but I guess that's the fun of it all as well. At least it's release might spark some discussion for this silly thread.

Hmm, it's nice to see that Smash is held in such a regard and that it's influencing other fighting games. Also, Balloon Fight rules. :cool:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
lol, me and Oasis just were talking about how a lot of people are EXTREMELY overestimating KIU. Watch us get NO newcomers, and a single new level. I can totally see that happening, and I wouldn't mind tbh. I would LIKE Palutena or Medusa, but I could live without them, and outside of the internet culture, I don't know how many people want them.

Then again, the internet culture probably makes up a GOOD PORTION of the people voting on his polls/writing to Sakurai.

But yeah, I'm betting we get one KI character IF THAT.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Who knows what will happen, but I guess that's the fun of it all as well. At least it's release might spark some discussion for this silly thread.
I forsee more discussions on Pokemon and heavy, idiotic debates of Palutena, Medusa, and (ugh) Magnus.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think I just heard Chu loading his guns.
I heard tanks.

Also, the tournament patch for SFxTK might've been inspired by Brawl's ability to store control settings to a name AND a controller that could be used anywhere.

Now I hear the planes taking off.

In all seriousness, maybe I've been a little too harsh on Sakurai (nah), but he was the one to really try to make efforts to make the game more accessible, even if they did fail in various degrees. It's not like there was anyone at the time aside from possibly Capcom (who was working on SF4 for the arcades at the time) that was really trying to make the game more accessible.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I heard tanks.

Also, the tournament patch for SFxTK might've been inspired by Brawl's ability to store control settings to a name AND a controller that could be used anywhere.

Now I hear the planes taking off.
Now it's just missing one thing...
No, wait. THERE are the missile launchers.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
In all seriousness, maybe I've been a little too harsh on Sakurai (nah), but he was the one to really try to make efforts to make the game more accessible, even if they did fail in various degrees. It's not like there was anyone at the time aside from possibly Capcom (who was working on SF4 for the arcades at the time) that was really trying to make the game more accessible.
I don't see how Brawl is more accessible than any other Smash? All it does is force everyone to play ****TY.

"Newbies can't L-Cancel? Let's just scrap that!" ect.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I think I just heard Chu loading his guns.
I've got my spoon sword all ready. BRING IT ON!

BTW, when Uprising comes out I'm planning on going on hiatus from this site until I finish it (I'm guessing around 2-5 days). Mostly due to Spoilers and that I want to enjoy the game for what it is without Smash 4 thoughts in my head.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I don't see how Brawl is more accessible than any other Smash? All it does is force everyone to play ****TY.

"Newbies can't L-Cancel? Let's just scrap that!" ect.
Reminds me of snaking in Mario Kart. The games have been sooo much better with its removal.

Not that L-Canceling was game breaking or anything. But it was still really stupid.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Reminds me of snaking in Mario Kart. The games have been sooo much better with its removal.

Not that L-Canceling was game breaking or anything. But it was still really stupid.
Well it's things like L-Canceling that might have made some difference for people who want to play at a more intense level, especially considering how floaty Brawl is. L-Canceling might have HELPED COMBAT THAT BULL****.

God, Brawl makes me so unhappy sometimes. I only have Brawl at my apartment, so, I usually am blindly happy playing it, but whenever I remember that Melee exists.... I cry.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom