• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Well Wario's costume changes are pretty justifiable, on one hand we have his newish WARE look, and the other hand is his Mario Spin-Off games/LAND look.

Doc costume for Mario just makes sense.

Zelda pretty much has had a MAJOR costume/hair style transformation from Brawl to SSB4. I figure, you could have her SS look be her normal look, and a TP/OoT esque look as an alternate costume. Similar to the Wario reasoning, NEW look, and the OLD look everyone knows and loves.

Pokemon Trainer Red, should have Leaf, and maybe even Blue. Simple, and would make a ****ton of people happy.

Other than them, I think there isn't really many more that need a costume change. However, I do like the idea of basing alternate colors off of other characters.

I'm picky, but most people here aren't, and we get bull**** because of it.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Tbh, either Pac Man or Bomberman would blow my mind Lol

Let's see.. There was Meta Knight, Pit, ZSamus, and Wario. So, with those guys in the teaser (besides Snake), I'd love to see this:

Victini (Duh), Ridley, Toad, and Kat and Ana.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I better say it now so that you guys don't hammer me about Victini not making it later. I want, keyword, WANT Victini in SSB4.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It has begun.

QUICK! Put on your anti-derp armor and wield your anti-derp weapon of choice!
I don't think anyone needs to ask me what my weapon is. :smirk:

Hmmm... I wonder why? Not trying to insinuate anything, but I am actually curious why? Maybe it has been so long he is reminding himself what all was in the game?
It never hurts to look at the past and learn from it I guess.

Now we get to wait another 4 months to see if we get an official reveal! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
I wouldn't say that, especially if it's just starting now.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Yay! Development started! One step closer to playing as Muddy Mole...:cool:

I'm just glad we have some sort of official confirmation.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
I guess either way it's still only in the conceptual stages for the moment. U3U

I don't suppose you know when Smash 64 and Melee began their development cycles, Chrono? Melee was... ALSO in October of... 2000 was it?

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I guess either way it's still only in the conceptual stages for the moment. U3U

I don't suppose you know when Smash 64 and Melee began their development cycles, Chrono? Melee was... ALSO in October of... 2000 was it?
I don't know when development began for Smash 64. I think the West only learned of Smash 64 in November 1998 (two months before its Japanese release). I think Melee began development in July 1999.

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I wonder how long (or if at all) we'll see a character/idea poll in the vein of the one that preceded Brawl?

@Metal Yessir, it was October 2005. Then, two and a half glorious/excruciating years later, the world Brawled.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaand ninja'd.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Indeed it has... we've gone through huge amounts of epic battles, great times and lots of fangasmic moments. Though there has been always some failures... a crappy adventure mode in Brawl, smashtards, Final Destination Foxes, character cuts and disappointments, Sakurai's bias...

But hopefully we'll keep together and strife to wait until SSB4 comes out. (-lv‹-)d

:phone:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
We smashed, we meleed, we brawled... God damn, it's been too long, hasn't it?
Correct. And soon, the world shall witness the fourth battle. The battle royale of the century(so far). And in the distant future, the world will look back on this battle and cry. But the tears shall not be tears of sadness, but tears of happiness and enjoyment. This battle shall be remembered for generations, far beyond our reaches of comprehension, and even on distant planets. The heroes and villains in this fight shall be heralded for all eternity, and their stories will never be forgotten.

ChronoBound

Smash Hero
I feel like the REAL journey to the game's release date has only just started today
I was doing speculation for Smash 4 shortly after Brawl's release. However, I won't be doing speculation for Smash 5 (though I might write an elaborate essay on my thoughts on future of the series shortly after Smash 4 is released). Smash 4 will most likely be the last Smash Bros. game I both follow and buy.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I couldn't agree more. The smashing we did to each other the last # of pages were nothing. Now we're playing.

Ironically enough, this is my dog's passing date. She died today.
I feel your pain...my dog died this week as well.

But on a happier note, maybe the new Dojo will get even more exclusive information...like, I'm expecting something good. Better than the already super-hype inducing (or hype-killing with You Must Recover!...) dojo.

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
One angel goes out, another blessing comes in

But Im real sorry about yo dog, asage, wish I could empathize with you :ohwell:

As for the DOJO... I don't know about you guys, but I'm actually gonna TRY and not spoil myself about the game this time like I did with Brawl

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I'll try not to spoil the secret characters, but the starters? I'm definitely looking at those. Anything unlockable? Keep it away until I get a "You Unlocked Everything!" notice, or until enough time has past.

C cull

Smash Rookie
kinda a awkward place to start posting, but first, I'm sorry to hear of your dog's passing asage. second, as far as my thoughts on 4 goes, I believe most will agree that DLC would be among the most important features, and that at least including the entire catalog of fighters including the dropped melee characters (roy, pichu, dr. mario, mewtwo) as well as the 3rd party characters from brawl sonic, snake).

GiantBreadbug

Smash Ace
NNID
GiantBreadbug
3DS FC
5327-0910-4273
I'm with Opossum. No unlockables, Dojo information only.

Following the Dojo with the Smash Community was something I'll never forget, so you can bet I'll be checking for those glorious daily updates, just like I did when I was a little, tiny high school freshman...

*wistfully stares out window remembering happier times*

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
Spectating for money was the ****. I just wish that there would be live spectating with four or more people online, betting on who'll win. That would be amazing.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
So, they made the mistake of reveiling Lucario quicker than they imagined, which was hilarious on how they did it... I wonder how much attention will be shown to the secret characters now?

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
@Opossum: You know what I say to that? Screw that. Yeah, that's right, I said it. I want to at least know who I'm dealing with here. Did the same for Brawl. I actually didn't know Wolf EXISTED until about a year into Brawl, when I looked through the secret characters again.

Xhampi

Smash Lord
It's going to be hard to not see hidden characters if most of the site who give news about Nintendo, tell who they are like in pre-brawl days (well i don't know about english sites but this was the case with french ones) .
Also sorry for everyone who lose their dogs, it **** that they don't live as long than a human.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom