• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

New Smash Bros for WiiU

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

BAH, HUMBUG!

What's there to honestly celebrate?

jk. :troll:
I LOVE Y'ALL! (no homo. Or maybe homo, who knows? :awesome: Nah, just messing with you again. :troll:)

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Indeed a Happy Valentines Day to all! :)

If Plusle & Minun made it, they would have definitely been my mains! It was upsetting to see Pichu go in Brawl. :( At least if these two made it, they would have replaced that loss for me.
I'm pretty sure Sakurai didn't want Pichu back, sadly.

And while I love the 3rd Gen and find the 4th Gen meh, I would've honestly chosen Lucario too.

Anyway, I hope the next game gives us everyone from all 3 games. This includes fighting all the Teams, and Metal Mario and Giant DK.

Decemberist

Smash Cadet
At any rate, the point of the statement was that I wasn't expecting to see that. I want to be clear about that. Also, I don't think I should be breathing this love air. *cough*

Back on topic: Phantom Ganon? Link, Toon Link, Ganon, Phantom Ganon.

Yeah?

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Lottttttsssss of responses

Personally, if I could pick any FF characters to be in Smash Bros, it would be either Cecil or Terra. I think FFIV and FFVI are the best in the series, and it was before the protagonists became either endlessly sulking (Cloud, Squall), obnoxiously annoying (Tidus), or dressed like an idiot (Vaan).
Quoted for great justice. By the way, I totally agree bro.
Keldeo is a ugly little thing... imagine if he got in over Victini and Zoroark?
[COLLAPSE="Click here for a picture of Keldeo"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Oh God, we do not need a playable centaur/unicorn in smash bros! :laugh: :smirk:
So Keldeo showed it's face, eh? Victini's time in the spotlight is going to fade. Keldeo for Sm4sh.
This is exactly what I fear... and was just talking about... >.<
Its funny how we could very well be less than four months away from an unveil of Smash 4. I am not expecting an unveil, but I would nonetheless be glad to see this game being shown sooner than expected.
Yeah, it is odd. The pre-Brawl days still seem like yesterday... :bee: But yeah, I expect something Smash Wii U and 3DS related at E3 2012. Whether that is just the direction of the two games, how the two games will interact with one another, pictures of gameplay or of concept art, or a extremely short trailer, I think something will be announced.

I expect a small teaser trailer by the Thanksgiving, though.
[COLLAPSE="Click here for a picture of the Assist Trophy description from the Brawl Smash Dojo"]
[/COLLAPSE]
Any argument against Snake and Sonic returning for being "guest characters" also applies to the Assist Trophies.
Thank you Golden for shutting up the idiots. No really, I mean it. And seriously, this isn't Soul Caliber. We don't know whether guests will return or not, but chances are that they will, because of the income they bring in and Nintendo (and maybe even Konami and SEGA) being short on income recently.
Not all the ATs might not come back? Oh nooooo.... does anyone care?
Maybe if items weren't (mostly) stupid in Brawl. Seriously, Brawl was so much worse than Melee and Smash 64 that even those games' items were totally superior to the Brawls' items.
Metal Gear 2 was a different version from MSX. Sold well despite that, so I think Snake kinda deserved his entry into Brawl.
I've only played Metal Gear 2: Solid Snake on the MSX2 and PS2 (via MGS3: Subsistence), so I'm not exactly an expert on the subject of Metal Gear 2... :rolleyes:
I won't name names. It's a bit rude. Even if deserved. :p

But then again, besides the obvious character, who has been so heavily pushed it's ridiculous? Toad? Waluigi? Tingle? Ghirahim?
All of the above... plus some dog and some fat lady... :facepalm:
I barely remember them on here. Likewise, I am sick of the hatedom for any character. Atleast the poor reasoning. Nobody has given a good reason to hate on Tingle or Waluigi.
This is coming from the guy who thought DKC was made by Rare, right=??? :troll:
Waluigi is literally just a weirdo love child of Wario and Luigi, and has no original qualities about him. Everything about him came from Wario or Luigi. Waluigi isn't cute, he isn't cool, he is heroic, he isn't funny, and he isn't "evil." He's just... a weirdo. Nobody likes characters that are just based off being "weird" (the same applies to Tingle).

Tingle is just plain annoying, he is ugly, and he is associated with being a pure filler character in the Wind Waker. Tingle has no role or characteristics most anyone would find interesting, and his "jokes" are awful. Plus Tingle has literally wasted many hours of my life from the Wind Waker in those dumb fetch quests, and he has (sex?) slaves...

Personally I associated Waluigi with the downhill spiral of Mario spin-off games (from the Gamecube on) and Tingle with filler and the gradual decline of the Zelda franchise. I do the same thing with Krystal, only worse (because unlike Mario spin-off games and the Zelda franchise, Star Fox has literally become absolutely dreadful).
First, by calling them guest, he means they are not a part of the main stay of characters.

Second, there is a point to where a neat fun addition becomes overbearing, out of place and stupid. Sakurai has already expressed concerns and dismay with third party characters.

EDIT:Third, legal and money issues.
But both Snake and Sonic fit perfectly in the smash bros world. And honestly, money isn't an issue. Smash Bros makes SEGA and Konami money, and having Snake and Sonic creates hype for the game. This attracts the fans from smash/Metal Gear/Sonic to the other two franchises. Then, it gets every company involved FREE publicity, which is GREAT in a recession, especially when at least one of those companies is losing a lot of money, and last I checked, companies needed publicity, fans/buyers, and most importantly money to survive. Plus given the fact that these deals have been done before, doing them the second time around is easier (actually, I think this would technically be the 4th and 5th time around).
When I read "Metal Dr Mario" I see Mario in rocking out with a guitar, a large set of hair, and a bloody uniform (scalpels not included as part of this scenario)
Guitar Hero: Metal Mario confirmed=??? :troll: It will probably happen if Activision wants to be total over-killing a brand wh***s again! :laugh:
Wario: Better vampire than Edward Cullen.
Anyone is a better vampire then that p***s sucking piece of garbage. "Back when I was your age, vampires sucked blood, not c***!"
Epona for Smash.
This man UNDERSTANDS ME!!! :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Happy Valentines Day?
First you need to take our a** out on a date to expensive restaurant. Then we'll talk! (lol at me pretending there are women on the internet!)
I am thinking the same thing. Twilight Princess was already far along so I do not think it was much of a mystery to anyone within Nintendo.

I am just trying to formulate a hypothetical cut off point where Sakurai took the most recent games and developed stages upon those games.
Well there were 2 deadlines: The deadline deadline, and the Sonic deadline. But for realZ, unless getting Mega Man in the game takes forever, there will only be a deadline deadline. And in that case, I say somewhere in between 1/3rd and half the way through the deadline in the final cut off date. If the Smash Bros. development team doesn't have it by then, it isn't in either of these games (late DLC additions aside, and maybe also small things like stickers and songs aside, too [like Chrono mentioned]).
Pokemon Puzzle League actually has some pretty good music
...But the worst Pokémon voices. Seriously, I laugh so hard every time I hear Abra in that game. When I face my girlfriend at that game we imitate the Pokémon to make the other laugh as a distraction! :chuckle::laugh::chuckle:

Zap tackle

Smash Journeyman
I ain't gonn lie, I was a bit hurt when I found out Pichu was cut from Brawl

I liked playing as him a lot and he was so cute in Melee :cry:
He was my main and the first character I used in Melee (when I was at my cousin's house). I was very upset to see that he didn't make it in Brawl. Unfortunately, the haters made it on top. :(

Poor Pichu...he had potential...

@yani
Hey there fellow Ukulele Pichu supporter! ;)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Alone on Valentines again...oh well. :rolleyes:

@Metal: For me that would be Hanenbow.

D

Deleted member

@Johnknight: I like characters that are wierd. They typically stand out to me.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
  • Wasn't Dark Link in Wind Waker? You fought him either right before or right after empowering the Master Sword in the that giant citadel, right? No you didn't.
  • A character from Sin&Punishment would be pretty excellent, actually. Or even a stage. I don't think anyone would totally oppose the idea. Saki is the only character that stands a chance, though.
  • I hope Luigi's Mansion 2 gives Smash 4 Luigi an updated moveset. Nah, maybe just a move or two.
  • In the information in the OP, Sakurai states that he had some limitations working with the Wii and that these limitations are nonexistent on the Wii U. Would be pretty nice to see Mewtwo and Roy return. I think Mewtwo is not outside of the realm of possibility, because he's probably the second most recognizable Pokemon behind Pikachu. Most of us think that Mewtwo will return, and most of us also want Mewtwo to return. There seems to be a split on whether we think Roy should/will return, although in Japan they are nearly universally for Roy.
  • You can have Mewtwo and Lucario in the same game. They're based off the same template, but play much, much differently. Nah they're not similar in anything but two moves and body type. They play, act, and fight completely differently, even if they both are fighting types.
  • Sora from Kingdom Hearts looks like a really good fit, and KH has been on the DS a few times (although I'm contradicting myself by wanting a character solely because he was on a Nintendo console, though porting him would not require any real changes in said character). There would be a lot of backlash if Sora got in Smash Bros. He's not exactly a interesting character.
My answers are in the patented Johnknight1 green... :cool:
... that some of you STEAL!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad: (jk, it's cool to copy meh) :facepalm:
@Johnknight: I like characters that are wierd. They typically stand out to me.
I agree if they are more than "weird" and are uniquely weird IMO, but neither Waluigi or Tingle seem to be uniquely weird. Plus they are both "creepy" in a pedophile sort of way. That really creeps me out, and makes me uncomfortable with them.

Also, I am thinking about digging out one of my old "Wind Waker/cel shaded/Young Link" rants from the pre-Brawl days as a Valentines' Day present... :awesome: :cool: :bee: :reverse:

And for once and for all, can we all agree that Jigglypuff is the most attractive female in smash bros=??? Seriously, look at DAT A**!!! :laugh:

Decemberist

Smash Cadet
Nah they're not similar in anything but two moves and body type. They play, act, and fight completely differently, even if they both are fighting types.
Mewtwo is Psychic-type and they are actually similar in a lot of ways. It's pretty obvious that Lucario was built using Mewtwo as a template.

There would be a lot of backlash if Sora got in Smash Bros. He's not exactly a interesting character.
That's a matter of opinion, and being an "interesting character" isn't really a criteria for inclusion anyway.

D

Deleted member

No, not really.

If Sonic got backlash just for not being a Nintendo character, Sora's going to get it worse for not only being a non-Nintendo character, but being one of the most undeserving ones at that. The likes of him and Cloud need to stay out.

Oh, and by the way, he's owned by Disney anyway. If we NEEDED a Disney character, Mickey is the way to go.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Mewtwo is Psychic-type and they are actually similar in a lot of ways. It's pretty obvious that Lucario was built using Mewtwo as a template.
Well, the movement is a bit similar, and so is their regular B Move. That's... it. But yeah, I can see that. Not a replacement, but I see the template. Same with Roy for Ike.

That's a matter of opinion, and being an "interesting character" isn't really a criteria for inclusion anyway.
Damn straight. Look at Mario.

Brofist?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
@John: Nope. Marth is the most attractive female. :troll:
"...and I would have gotten away with it, if it wasn't for you meddling Goldens..."

They both use completely different moves, and play completely differently. Just play as Mewtwo in Melee for 15 minutes in Melee, and then go play as Lucario for 15 minutes in Brawl. It's like the difference between Marth and Link. Similar body type, but completely different moves.
That's a matter of opinion.
What does Sora do that makes him special=???
Sonic: Runs super fast, is confident and slightly arrogant, never seems to doubt himself or worry, never loses his cool, and remains cool under pressure (aka all around "cool").
Snake: Has a deep voice, has super genius smarts, has a weird love of hiding in boxes, is a stealth and combat expert, has a unique view on things, and is a very crafty person.
Sora: Laughs at awkward jokes, has a awkward love/like relationship with multiple characters, and his sexual confusion is possibly what drives the Kingdom Hearts plot. :laugh:

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Oh, and by the way, he's owned by Disney anyway. If we NEEDED a Disney character, Mickey is the way to go.
If we "NEEDED" a Disney character in smash bros, then smash bros and Nintendo is probably (in terms of potential newcomer characters) creatively dead.
You forgot Snake's glutes John :laugh:
That is one asssssspect I would rather forget about... :awesome:

Decemberist

Smash Cadet
Sora is an uninteresting character but Sonic isn't? Sonic is not a deep character at all. He's the same one-dimensional bro in everything he's ever been in.

Call a rake a rake and not a damn shovel.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Sora is an uninteresting character but Sonic isn't? Sonic is not a deep character at all. He's the same two-dimensional bro in everything he's ever been in.

Sonic exhibits a passion, confidence, cocky arrogance, and cool and calm demeanor that makes him come across as a total BAMF. And on top of that, he has been in about a half dozen "classic" status video games. Sonic 1-3, Sonic Adventure 1&2, Sonic Advance 1-3, and Sonic CD are all much better games than anything Kingdom Hearts related...

Plus, most of us were bored to death by Kingdom Hearts. Heck, I beat the KH1 and 2 multiple times, and looking back, they were boring and a whole lot of nothing. This sums it all up on why Kingdom Hearts really isn't that great bro...

Decemberist

Smash Cadet
Sonic exhibits a passion, confidence, cocky arrogance, and cool and calm demeanor that makes him come across as a total BAMF. And on top of that, he has been in about a half dozen "classic" status video games.
No, it makes him come across as a one-trick pony with the character depth of a kiddie pool with a hole in it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Sora is an uninteresting character but Sonic isn't? Sonic is not a deep character at all. He's the same one-dimensional bro in everything he's ever been in.
Even Sonic X? He was pretty interesting there. Sonic Battle, too.

Yeah, Sora has more personality(even the Digimon version :p).

Decemberist

Smash Cadet
I don't watch Sonic X. I refuse to watch anything where the background music is louder than the dialogue. I cannot BEGIN to describe how much that bugs me.

I miss Digimon.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No, it makes him come across as a one-trick pony with the character depth of a kiddie pool with a hole in it.
All Sora do is go "geeh, huh, I wonder what's up!"

Post a video that "proves" Sora has personality. Sora never said anything as awesome as Sonic did in this video! :awesome: :cool: :smirk:

Edit: I also asked a friend of mine if he thought if Sonic was better than Sora. Here is his answer he recorded for the interwebZs... :chuckle:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
I don't watch Sonic X. I refuse to watch anything where the background music is louder than the dialogue. I cannot BEGIN to describe how much that bugs me.

I miss Digimon.
But have you seen it? If not, well, he actually has a lot more. He even goes evil in an episode.

Anyway, if they go to Namco-Bandai, we could get a Digimon in SSB4. They started as a video game series, after all, quite predating Pokemon.

Decemberist

Smash Cadet
Well, yeah, a few episodes. I'd have to have seen it to have a problem with the music volume, right? I'm sure it's a fine show, but it's wrong to try and sell Sonic as being more "interesting" than Sora when neither are winning any awards for characterization. But I guess I won't convince any Sonic fans of this, which is understandable. A lot of people grew up with him and have a soft spot for the little bugger.

I would be very surprised to see anything Digimon-related in SSB4. Seems like a stretch. But you never know.

I'd like to see a Pokemon vs. Digimon spin-off.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Namco OWNS Digimon, they combined with Bandai a long time ago. They both own it.

Anyway, I do agree, Sonic is very flat in the games. Now, Shadow...

...I actually created(well, slightly worked on) a Pokemon VS Digimon thing. :p

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
My point isn't that Sora has depth. It's that Sonic doesn't. I've been pretty clear about this, sir.
Prove it. I've given you a funny clip that proves Sonic has a personality. I also provided a video that proves that a lot of people were bored to death by Kingdom Hearts. You haven't given anything to back your point. You are totally entitled to your opinion, but you aren't going to win anyone over or have a respectable debate just because you say "well, cuz."

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Bandai did. As a Tamagotchi clone. Way later, Bandai fused with Namco to create the almighty Bamco.

...No wonder Soul Calibur IV was lackluster. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom